What is wrong with people?

Options
1235»

Comments

• dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As funny as it may sound, I enjoyed failing in also. Not the fact that me/some/everyone died, but just the fact the boss can actually kill ppl again. Reminded me off the old days, where Kong King and Eyes of the Krimson took some strategie of the squad. Talking about the update in general and not just bh, they brought back the need for "squad coordination", "skills" and "survivability". Yes, that comes with an occasional squad wipe from time to time, but I like there is some more challenging instances again.

My experience is actually opposite. Among the fail players, the majority seems to have r9 or g15 weapons/armors. Here's the list of my last 3 bad encounters :

- A +12 5.0 (zerk, was really important for her) sin that blames my barb for not holding aggro on advanced metal boss, which is nearly impossible since he kicks the barb out of tigerform all the time...
    - A semi-r9 (weap + plate + wrists) BM that couldn't pull mobs in metal because she didn't know what healing aggro was and she also didn't seem to have heard of marrows.
    - A full-r9 archer that couldn't defend metal pavillion (4 tries).

Sounds like a bunch of ALT FC noobs who never took the time to learn how to play their characters correctly or see how much ks'ing they do over others and $$ their way up to 100/r9/+12. I for one enjoy runs even if its long, as long as its not repeated wipes to the point of undo-able instance. I find it fun working togethor and seeing how it goes wether we wipe once or twice or do it 1st try successfully(with people who actually know what they are doing).
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Here's the thing Bandit; I've only been bringing up BH metal as an example, and you enjoy failing. you're the kind we're trying to avoid, and you show is how well it works by not joining. You lacked courtesy to your squad by not learning what you should and shouldn't do before going in. Both BH SoT and Aba can be done super quick. When Assassins have a problem getting in squad for those BH's; what's wrong with some of them doing the under 20 sec method?

They pay for and make effort to make the squad: let them be able to choose. Anyone that can't see the fairness in this is just a qq baby.

No, the reds are completly wrong.

The important point you missed is that, from that abbandon run I showed as an example which you avoid, I'm now a better player. Its not something you can learn from forum or theory but need first hand experience.

Earch one of us have a certain natural ability in doing their bh and our best is not just our natural ability but when its coupled with experience. Theres a big difference between natural ability alone compare with natural ability + experience.

These type of experience cannot be gained from an overpowered squade. In fact, I did bh abbandon with my +10 sin first and we 1 sparked the boss and learned very little from it. The 4 failed attempt before success was with the bm after that sin run, which I remind you, I gained a great deal of experience from it.

You don't send soldiers to war with books and theories but train them and train them hard. You don't employ people straight out of uni for important role but only once they have enough proven experience. Valuable experience found in bh cannot be found in overpowered squade, but are more likely found in the randoms ones.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited June 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    my Barb dies

You need to improve your gear then and squads should be asking you to link your armour because no barb should be dying in BH SoT/Aba

Turtle, Apoch, Genie skills are all there for a reason
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    A few days ago, a cleric got kicked from a bh metal squad because apparently, her weapon wasn't refined enough for them...

At least there were some nice people, which I consider TRUE mmo players, that squaded her and got her bh done.

There is no excuse for asking for people to link their weapon or having high refined gear for a bh squad.

Learn to play the damn game with SKILLS or go play a single player game, because people like that doesn't seem to know how to play a mmo.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Solution. Stick to your clique, or if you're the "OP" help others out. If your gear is so OP that you don't even really need a squad to get it done, bring those "undergeared useless" players. I'm not say take the tt70 moochers, but sometimes gear =/= skill. Hell I ran a BH Aba yesterday and a BARB and a SIN QQed that there was no cleric. We had a mystic and a pys in the squad. Barb QQed that his precious charm was going to tick and the sin was like omg barb will die without cleric?! BOTH had HP in excess of 11k buffed. (Not like either would be tanking...) Anyways I ended up filling it with 2 caster classes(Both under 10k hp buffed). Neither seemed to have a problem. I made sure everyone knew what to do and the boss died without a problem. So there is the solution. If people are asking for a link for a simple BH they are probably a FF hypernoob who doesn't understand this.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You need to improve your gear then and squads should be asking you to link your armour because no barb should be dying in BH SoT/Aba

Turtle, Apoch, Genie skills are all there for a reason

Didn't need Apoc, Genie the other dozen times I did it. Nice try troll.
    A few days ago, a cleric got kicked from a bh metal squad because apparently, her weapon wasn't refined enough for them...

At least there were some nice people, which I consider TRUE mmo players, that squaded her and got her bh done.

There is no excuse for asking for people to link their weapon or having high refined gear for a bh squad.

Learn to play the damn game with SKILLS or go play a single player game, because people like doen't seem to know how to play a mmo.

Are you seriously stating that the people who come to BH appropriately geared should have to chomp down apoth to stay alive so some pure vit cleric with some weak weapon can get their BH done?

I find it amusing how people replace the word mooch for skill in this thread.

Something to strongly consider: What are these under geared moochers doing while waiting for someone to make a squad for them? I know I'm merchant, farm, grind, etc.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Link weapon? Really? How about armor links as well and of course the level of skills they have as well?

This.
    I'd rather people link/ask for their gear or tell their HP/defences. Dead DD is no DD.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Are you seriously stating that the people who come to BH appropriately geared should have to chomp down apoth to stay alive so some pure vit cleric with some weak weapon can get their BH done?

I find it amusing how people replace the word mooch for skill in this thread.

Something to strongly consider: What are these under geared moochers doing while waiting for someone to make a squad for them? I know I'm merchant, farm, grind, etc.

Overeggerating much? You talk as if, by having average geared people on a squad, would make all hell break loose.

I guess you'll never understand the point in this, no matter how hard people try to explain it to you.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You talk as if, by having average geared people on a squad, would make all hell break loose.

Average gear is fine. Did BH metal yesterday, no one but myself had over 6k HP, sin had 3.5k HP in really bad gear and shock horror no one died on the boss.
    Real skilled players know how to compensate for average geared players or non perfect squad builds while the one's who don't, well they ask for weapon links .
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

Pure vit? Perhaps you meant pure magic?

My cleric was a Vit hybrid until I got my refines past +7 on everything then I did a restat to pure mag. Even as pure mag I have no difficulty staying alive and no I am not in r9 either. Just lunar gear (g13) and cube neck and warsong belt, but I get along just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Real skilled players know how to compensate for average geared players or non perfect squad builds while the one's who don't, well they ask for weapon links .

Agreed.

I have never asked for weapon links, and all of my squads have worked out just fine. The only ones that have given me a little difficulty is when clerics use the 95 morai weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Eh, weapon linking is bs. I totally understand that you don't want undergeared people who will be dead weight on your run but still... it doesn't say much.

Take my sin for example. +4 r8 daggers with 2 perfects. Awesome? Nah. Does this weapon tell if I'm sage or demon, if I got my skills or if I know how to play my class? Nope.

I simply don't join people who ask for weapon links. Most of the time they can't even back it up themselves and if they can, they're probably the kind of person I don't want to be around anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey.
    ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Average gear is fine. Did BH metal yesterday, no one but myself had over 6k HP, sin had 3.5k HP in really bad gear and shock horror no one died on the boss.

If everyone showed up as poorly geared as that assassin; your squad would have been fail, and there is no justification for being that poorly geared. It's one thing to ask for charity, and another to impose it on an unsuspecting squad.
    Pure vit? Perhaps you meant pure magic?

My cleric was a Vit hybrid until I got my refines past +7 on everything then I did a restat to pure mag. Even as pure mag I have no difficulty staying alive and no I am not in r9 either. Just lunar gear (g13) and cube neck and warsong belt, but I get along just fine.

I meant what I said, and glad you found you have no problem staying alive as pure.
    Agreed.

I have never asked for weapon links, and all of my squads have worked out just fine. The only ones that have given me a little difficulty is when clerics use the 95 morai weapon.

-Which is a big part of this whole argument. If clerics are expected to be properly equipped, Barbs are expected to be able to survive with HA; why aren't DDs expected to be competent? All 7 of my 100+ toons can tank Snakefist and none of them are Rank 9; only one of them is rank 8. Anyone going to BH metal should be able to tank the boss; not gimp their DD so they can mooch through it.