What is wrong with people?

Options

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well THAT I can understand. I'm sorry but there is NO reason a cleric should be using a Morai weapon AT ALL.

A cleric soloing shouldn't be looked down on for using a Morai wep, but they should have somthing else for squading.

I solo a lot of stuff on my cleric and if I didn't already have a +10 wep I like I might look into a morai wep for soloing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well THAT I can understand. I'm sorry but there is NO reason a cleric should be using a Morai weapon AT ALL.

Well even before Morai expension people was asking cleric weapon.
    I agree morai isn'st the best weapon, but a cleric with a TT99 can do a great job, no need to be R8 & R9 to be a skilled and a good cleric.
    I almost don't see cleric with morai weapon, people on my server asking that is cause they don't want to take cleric with a TT99 weapon, i see people kick the cleric out of the squad if they see its a TT99 weap.

Its just fail how people think TT99 weapon cannot do the job, i saw many people use TT99 be even better and more skilled than some R8. I do the same job on both my cleric R8 and TT99, i'm not worse on my cleric using a TT99.

I don't know when you started to play the game but i remember that back in time, we was able to do a great job with a TT99 weapon (cleric), and nothing changed in game really for bh and pve. Its not since a week people ask to link the weapon, its since a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

There is nothing wrong with cleric using G15 morai magic sword.
    Heals are good and damage very nice for in instances like caster nirvana. b:victory
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    A clericshould have somthing else for squading.
    This is what I am referring to. I na squad setting where the cleric's role is to support and heal not DD. they should be using something else.
    Well even before Morai expension people was asking cleric weapon.
    I agree morai isn'st the best weapon, but a cleric with a TT99 can do a great job, no need to be R8 & R9 to be a skilled and a good cleric.
    I almost don't see cleric with morai weapon, people on my server asking that is cause they don't want to take cleric with a TT99 weapon, i see people kick the cleric out of the squad if they see its a TT99 weap.

Its just fail how people think TT99 weapon cannot do the job, i saw many people use TT99 be even better and more skilled than some R8. I do the same job on both my cleric R8 and TT99, i'm not worse on my cleric using a TT99.

I don't know when you started to play the game but i remember that back in time, we was able to do a great job with a TT99 weapon (cleric), and nothing changed in game really for bh and pve. Its not since a week people ask to link the weapon, its since a while.
    That's kinda disappoint if people were asking before the Morai expansion... :/ I didn't care what the cleric used as long as they could do their job
    There is nothing wrong with cleric using G15 morai magic sword.
    Heals are good and damage very nice for in instances like caster nirvana. b:victory
    I don't disagree its a good damage weapon for PvE but cleric's are not metal mages. Unless you have multiple clerics in that squad that's just being silly.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I don't disagree its a good damage weapon for PvE but cleric's are not metal mages. Unless you have multiple clerics in that squad that's just being silly.

Some caster squads have 3 clerics. And also the heals are at least equal to TT99 stuff.
    edited June 2012
    Options

That's kinda disappoint if people were asking before the Morai expansion... :/ I didn't care what the cleric used as long as they could do their job

Yes i saw people asking before.

I just checked the stats of G15 by curiosity to compair to TT99 and its ''similar'' to TT99, so i guess someone could do the same ''good'' job with TT99 or G15, but to be honest i saw one time a cleric with G15, majority of cleric who play since before morai had TT99 or R8 so it will be silly to buy G15 beside farm for R8.

G15: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33533
    TT99: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14920 and http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/14922

The G15 have better refine so even if the slaying level doesn't work on the heal i need to admit its a bit better than TT99 if got good random stats.

The morai weapon people got with the yellow chain quests is **** for cleric, but its the only weapon which gonna make me refuse a cleric in a squad, i would not refuse a TT99 or a G15 now i checked and know its not that bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

I just checked the stats of G15 by curiosity to compair to TT99 and its ''similar'' to TT99, so i guess someone could do the same ''good'' job with TT99 or G15, but to be honest i saw one time a cleric with G15, majority of cleric who play since before morai had TT99 or R8 so it will be silly to buy G15 beside farm for R8.

TT99: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14920 and http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/14922

The G15 have better refine so even if the slaying level doesn't work on the heal i need to admit its a bit better than TT99 if got good random stats.

The morai weapon people got with the yellow chain quests is **** for cleric, but its the only weapon which gonna make me refuse a cleric in a squad, i would not refuse a TT99 or a G15 now i checked and know its not that bad.

I agree with the right adds it wouldn't be a bad weapon, however the tt99 is cheaper to get/make has guarenteed perfect stats for what a cleric would want. (vit for hp / mag for more healing / channel for faster casting). I guess I should've clarified I meant more of the g12 quest morai weapon then the g15.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options

Yeah for clerics in the 90's with a small budget G15 morai is a good weap to go for.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I saw some of these on Sanc a few days ago.

They are a bunch of lazy nublets that wanna do their stuff in secs rather than actually have fun and enjoy the game and then get bored and complain that there isn't anything left to do later.

My sig says it all.

That's always been sanc.

I don't do BH's anymore anyway, or even squad with randoms. Hurray for faction!
    Lonely man with a big heart.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I agree with the right adds it wouldn't be a bad weapon, however the tt99 is cheaper to get/make has guarenteed perfect stats for what a cleric would want. (vit for hp / mag for more healing / channel for faster casting). I guess I should've clarified I meant more of the g12 quest morai weapon then the g15.

Yes same, but when i said morai weapon is not good for cleric i was thinking the same than you the G12, but when Haila mentioned G15 i wanted go check stats before say its **** cause i wasn't sure. b:chuckle

You are right G15 need to get good stats to be good and i personally think its a waste of money if someone plan to TW and PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/800/20120607082436.png

What's wrong with this server? b:puzzled R9 for BH? Link weapons..OMG!

Not enough people know how to play their class anymore and feel it's the gear that make the player...However, it's also the build, playstyle, skillset, and individualized characteristics that make the player...

My friends would take me over some barbs and I only have 10k HP...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yes same, but when i said morai weapon is not good for cleric i was thinking the same than you the G12, but when Haila mentioned G15 i wanted go check stats before say its **** cause i wasn't sure. b:chuckle

You are right G15 need to get good stats to be good and i personally think its a waste of money if someone plan to TW and PvP.

I have one cleric who is not doing pk and tw, got the G15 magic sword with stats hp+350 hp+350 mag+19.
    So i had to make that comment, was thinking this weap is very good for pve heals and damage wise its also equal or maybe a bit less than r8.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    How is it a waste of money? It costs less than fashion. Some people even goes for the G15 Morai cuz it looks nice. I think we can all agree that it's at least cost effective.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SinnerPunk - Dreamweaver
    SinnerPunk - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    G15 Morai wepaon have about the same attack as TT99...with slaying lvls to boost the attack. Slaying lvls do nothing in terms of increasing heal power. With the current prices (at least on my server), you can get a TT99 gold weapon for about the same price as a G15 Morai weapon. You CAN'T upgrade the Morai weapon later, unlike TT99 gold->Nirvy.

With that said, I'd say a TT99 gold weapon is really more cost effective in the long run.

I agree to disagree.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Is my farming seeker. he dont need more.

LOL farming wit ha seeker..lol your doing farming wrong as well bro.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    Aquireis - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    LOL farming wit ha seeker..lol your doing farming wrong as well bro.

I think you would be wrong there because a seeker is a great farmer for map 3 of OHT.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sadly abba boss was poorly designed, unlike SoT. The boss in abaddon either requires a well coordinated squad that knows or is willing to listen to tactics.... or when you add enough aps, a 5 second faceroll. When you're a lazy nub who doesn't know your class, of course you're going to opt to bring your +12 r9 buddies to set the boss on easy mode. Then maybe retire to arch to stand about on buildings and complain how boring the game is.

SoT is amusing though. Had a very OP high refine sin brought in to tank just a few days ago, about 10k unbuffed and zerk weapon. Most overconfident guy I've seen, seemingly with good reason since he shredded through the mobs like wet paper. Got to the boss ok. He runs up. One shot. And then rez's straight into a bleed. And then dies 2 more times during the boss...

As for weapon links, if I'm asked for one, I ignore it and find a better squad. The "we don't want tt60 lv100 nubs" is an excuse. Very undergeared players are rare, most players have sufficient gear. If you do get a really bad case then kick. Usually the "weapon link" is due to lazy players wanting things on easy mode.

However I do like squadding random. You meet a lot of nice groups and a lot of runs are quite enjoyable. Not everyone out there is an ***.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sadly abba boss was poorly designed, unlike SoT. The boss in abaddon either requires a well coordinated squad that knows or is willing to listen to tactics.... or when you add enough aps, a 5 second faceroll. When you're a lazy nub who doesn't know your class, of course you're going to opt to bring your +12 r9 buddies to set the boss on easy mode. Then maybe retire to arch to stand about on buildings and complain how boring the game is.

SoT is amusing though. Had a very OP high refine sin brought in to tank just a few days ago, about 10k unbuffed and zerk weapon. Most overconfident guy I've seen, seemingly with good reason since he shredded through the mobs like wet paper. Got to the boss ok. He runs up. One shot. And then rez's straight into a bleed. And then dies 2 more times during the boss...

As for weapon links, if I'm asked for one, I ignore it and find a better squad. The "we don't want tt60 lv100 nubs" is an excuse. Very undergeared players are rare, most players have sufficient gear. If you do get a really bad case then kick. Usually the "weapon link" is due to lazy players wanting things on easy mode.

However I do like squadding random. You meet a lot of nice groups and a lot of runs are quite enjoyable. Not everyone out there is an ***.

i like all the bosses but universal as i yet to do it

for me it feel like now its a real mmo as bosses pose something of a challange

yes we have a tons of noob running about but that is no foult from devs wanting to give us player base a bit of lost glory from killing the bosses
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i like all the bosses but universal as i yet to do it

for me it feel like now its a real mmo as bosses pose something of a challange

yes we have a tons of noob running about but that is no foult from devs wanting to give us player base a bit of lost glory from killing the bosses

I have to agree to this here
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    In DW, we recently had someone ask for a weapon link for BH39. That person was promptly mocked, because, really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    In DW, we recently had someone ask for a weapon link for BH39. That person was promptly mocked, because, really?

LF R9 4 aps sin for FB19 plz
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with asking for a weapon link sometimes...Its not fair to have to run a bh with Power leveled Toons who are in TT80 or + 0 Weapons. I prefer to just run with faction or solo things to avoid these situations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If that's the case, then might as well ask them to link their whole gear (chest, gloves, belts, necklaces...), as I don't see how having someone with a "weak" weapon in your squad can affect the whole run that bad...
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Aquireis - Lost City
    Aquireis - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If that's the case, then might as well ask them to link their whole gear (chest, gloves, belts, necklaces...), as I don't see how having someone with a "weak" weapon in your squad can affect the whole run that bad...

They don't want people with weak weapons because they don't want to spend that extra minute or 2 doing the BH.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/800/20120607082436.png

What's wrong with this server? b:puzzled R9 for BH? Link weapons..OMG!

omg ._. that was my faction leader
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    They don't want people with weak weapons because they don't want to spend that extra minute or 2 doing the BH.
    No...its laziness. I dont ask for links, but also dont want to run with a Sin with a +1 Hook and Thorn in bh100. Especially given the fact you can get a 100% FREE better pair of daggers at 95 in Morai.
    Sins are usually the only class thats allowed to come into 100 instances with mediocre gear thats sometimes 40 levels behind (level 60 top...really?).
    yeah people dont always have coin for g13~16.....but would you run with a cleric who is in lvl60 armor and using a low refine lvl80 mag sword?
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    No...its laziness. I dont ask for links, but also dont want to run with a Sin with a +1 Hook and Thorn in bh100. Especially given the fact you can get a 100% FREE better pair of daggers at 95 in Morai.
    Sins are usually the only class thats allowed to come into 100 instances with mediocre gear thats sometimes 40 levels behind (level 60 top...really?).
    yeah people dont always have coin for g13~16.....but would you run with a cleric who is in lvl60 armor and using a low refine lvl80 mag sword?

But you do want a lvl60 top with G15 +10 weap ? I never go with ppl that ask weapon link, simply cause they are filled with that kind off ppl usually. If I want a decent squad, I just make sure there is at least 1 friend there. 2 who know what they are doing is enough for a smooth bh usually.

I agree, I'm a bit sad about Aba boss. Should start with that buff thing right on start. I find SoT highly amusing, as with a 4 man squad (where 1 is a multi-tasked cleric standing in bb) we're faster then those squads pretending aps still rules that bh b:laugh (well, aps actually became more off a slowdown then an acceleration even in the old bh Sot. But that's another topic).
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

I've ran with a cleric like that on my lvl 100 bm on a Abba squad...

Didn't had any problems with it an the bh went smooth (no deaths)

Ran the same bh on another day with a full r8 cleric... we almost got a squad wipe twice, me and a sin died because he wouldn't heal at all, the seeker on our squad pulled the boss away from us so that the cleric could ressurect us, but the cleric kept running away and wouldn't come to resurrect us, the seeker then had no choice but to kill the boss, as he was running out of hp food (the cleric wouldn't even heal him) and then he called EVERYBODY on squad idiots and dropped the squad without ressurecting neither of us.

Long story short, it's just a matter of learning how to play with your class and deal with what's throw at you with what you have, and that cleric that I've mentioned with "poor" gears knew how to do it.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Saving_Grace - Raging Tide
    Saving_Grace - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There's really no point flaming like this, although it is irritating to be asked for link, I admit.
    Yall should just point that frustration back against noobs who ask for weapon links.
    Doing Deltas a bit too often lately I find being locked in Boring Ball a bit too dull, so I came up with ways to point out the stupidity in dumb ppl. And have some fun while at it.

Next time you see a WC like that, have your entire fac link their weapons. b:laugh Make 'em buy some low lev white NPC wand or w/e. And just try to imagine the chat log off that poor soul. b:chuckle Now tell me that didn't make your Delta run awesome.

I have TT99 Pataka, clean - (freshly made and bound - go figure) that I just loooove to link randomly, and they every single time they go like: WTF? Go grind R8 - point Grace! b:laugh

I run around with quite common R8 +8 (2xSapph.Gems). I linked that one, without intention to get in Caster Nirvana actually. Guy sends me invite, I refuse and ask for his link. He had same refine but with Perfect shards. Ooow boooy did I flame him: b:angry"You dare ask for link with that nab weap? ... .. . .. ..."
    I'm telling you guys, God sent us dumb ppl to make fun of them. Use that privilege.

Seriously, what else could be the reason we have them around. b:thanks
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Trolling weapon-link squads b:pleased

That sounds like fun~.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|