FC Glitch Update

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If speaking out against an injustice being a high priority means that one doesn't have a life, well, you've a lot of growing up to do. If you don't stand up for yourself, people will soon learn they can walk all over you.

Well it's not like "justice" is a real thing here anyway... I don't know how it's in the US but if a burglar breaks into your house, wanna steal your stuff, beat you up (or worse), according to our laws you must let them... Because when you decide to beat the **** out of the burglar, he'll just sue you, you'll go to prison, and the burglar get's away with it all... Best way to live here: Stay indoors, avoid ppl, and secure your home... Welcome to my world miss...

So yeah it annoys me when ppl are are complaining about stuff in a game being "injustice"... And it's not "our' game to begin with... The game belongs to the staff so they can do whatever they want with it... if you don't like it, play somewhere else... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    PW + Frankie = HYPOCRITS

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Hey guys,

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Hahaha, that's better than comedy. Did the poor poor goon glitchers cry their eyes out because they had to spend a whole week in real life? Or did they threaten to not charge anymore? It's so pathetic... People get banned for cheating (for a week, which is a joke by itself) and then come crying "but I wasn't the worst cheater" - and what does PWI do? Unban them. Honestly, even if your so called tracking method was throwing a dart at the ranking page blindfolded, you would still hit the right people. Do you guys sometimes wonder why no one takes you seriously anymore? Well there goes your answer. (By the way, with some of the complainers you unbanned again you definitely hit the right people in the first place. I bet they are laughing their ***** off right now at how easily they got you to back off.)
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for acting quickly Frankie!

Am I capable of looking past the massive irony in that statement?

Yes actually, I believe I am.

Kinda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Honestly, even if your so called tracking method was throwing a dart at the ranking page blindfolded, you would still hit the right people.

lmao <3
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Am I capable of looking past the massive irony in that statement?

Yes actually, I believe I am.

Kinda

At least he does on some things b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    So yeah it annoys me when ppl are are complaining about stuff in a game being "injustice"

If the rules cannot be enforced fairly and equally, the rules should either be modified so that they can be enforced fairly and equally, or they should be done away with altogether. Multi-clienting and INI editing rules are examples of rules they should just get rid of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Multi-clienting and INI editing rules are examples of rules they should just get rid of.

As far as I know, PWE can't scrap those rules because Perfect World isn't ''their'' software; they didn't make it. So... they're not allowed to allow you to edit game files because of that.

Three cheers for convoluted international laws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    As far as I know, PWE can't scrap those rules because Perfect World isn't ''their'' software; they didn't make it. So... they're not allowed to allow you to edit game files because of that.

Three cheers for convoluted international laws.

I thought INI edits were allowed in the CN and MY versions though. b:shutup

Oh, and they are allowed on the French and German servers, just not the NA ones for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    At least he does on some things b:chuckle

You, young lady, just made me chuckle.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I thought INI edits were allowed in the CN and MY versions though. b:shutup

Oh, and they are allowed on the French and German servers, just not the NA ones for some reason.

Underlined in red:
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Official Perfect World Entertainment Policy :
    Do NOT edit or alter .ini files. Do not edit or alter any game files other than those instructions provided by Tech Support or Ticket Department. (see : Surtr, Shazzbot)

</end official statement>

Editing internal game files is a big problem in any game; there's no bright line between a change that merely looks cool, and a change that quickly turns into a ****. Moreover, the GMs have better things to do than debate how oversized a panda must be before it's a problem. There are also some license agreement reasons to prefer that players stay out of those files.

The goal is not to punish players for trying to express their individuality (well, excluding the character with the quintuple-Ds), but to protect the game and the users of the game.

That's about the only semi-official statement I could find on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Underlined in red:

I see, thank you for that. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You know...I'm starting to think that you'd probably have better treatment from a PW private server...ijs.

Good thing I decided to not put another cent into this game. My faith will be restored when I can get to 105 before I die of old age. b:chuckle
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Senarus - Heavens Tear
    Senarus - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'm definitely not delighted, nor emotionless. The instance boss wasn't changed quickly enough by a longshot, and the end-result was widespread exploitation. We're not going to perma-ban a huge portion of the player-base. We're not going to roll-back 8 months worth of peoples' effort. It was a failure on our part in not fixing the issue quickly, and a failure on the glitching players' part for breaking the rules. What we need to do now is learn from these mistakes and move forward, looking toward the future of PWI.

We're going to ahead and turn on 2x EXP/Spirit for one month, from 4/25 to 5/23. I know it's not a solution to this situation, but it should be something that we can build on.

I'm not going to continue through 60+ pages of posts to see if this has been brought up, but honestly? A perma-ban of everyone exploiting the glitch should have been exactly what was done, or at the very least something more then a 2-day ban. You can't put something in the ToS saying, in essence, 'do this and we'll probably delete your entire account' and then just hand out 7-day bans, and then further reduce them after being flooded with tickets from people complaining about being punished for doing something wrong. And as often as we get 2x events, you may as well just make them permanent.

I'm absolutely disgusted that I actually put money into a game that has no regard for their own rules.
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Underlined in red:

It's definetly allowed in EU/MY/CN servers(Check the "Change the rules for .ini editing" thread for details). CN servers even FLAUNT it. We really are the only version prohibited from .ini editing. I never really understood why, though. It just blows my mind how PWE can ban stupid little things like changing your chars eyes, but let people who exploit a glitch run rampent.

I don't even care if people need to make their e-peens larger through getting 105. I want to know that I can report someone and they'll get what ever consequence they deserve. That simple.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It's definetly allowed in EU/MY/CN servers(Check the "Change the rules for .ini editing" thread for details). CN servers even FLAUNT it. We really are the only version prohibited from .ini editing. I never really understood why, though. It just blows my mind how PWE can ban stupid little things like changing your chars eyes, but let people who exploit a glitch run rampent.

The funny part is a lot of the goon glitchers also did that and nobody at PWE seemed to notice or care. I can almost promise you that I would be banned for a couple of weeks if I slapped earthguard hair on my psychic. I have spent far more money than I care to admit on this game, but I haven't spent enough to be out of the danger zone.

I think that's one of the dumber rules, but it's still a rule. They should be enforcing them if they expect us to take them seriously.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    I have spent far more money than I care to admit on this game, but I haven't spent enough to be out of the danger zone.

How much do you have to spend to get past the danger zone? b:puzzled

My veno would look awesome with EG hair. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well, I'll put it to you this way...

The best gear any of my characters have is r8 and I farmed Nirvana for that. Buying r9 and refining to at least +10 would probably make them look the other way. Sorry, but my pockets aren't that deep.
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well it's not like "justice" is a real thing here anyway... I don't know how it's in the US but if a burglar breaks into your house, wanna steal your stuff, beat you up (or worse), according to our laws you must let them... Because when you decide to beat the **** out of the burglar, he'll just sue you, you'll go to prison, and the burglar get's away with it all... Best way to live here: Stay indoors, avoid ppl, and secure your home... Welcome to my world miss...

So yeah it annoys me when ppl are are complaining about stuff in a game being "injustice"... And it's not "our' game to begin with... The game belongs to the staff so they can do whatever they want with it... if you don't like it, play somewhere else... b:bye

Actually in most places in the US, they'll exonerate you for the use of lethal force in your own home. Of course being 'out and about' in public is a different story (there you have a 'duty to retreat' if at all possible [morally and legally]), but if you're in your home and someone breaks in it's usually 'open season' on them even if they're un-armed. At least that is how it is where I live, if someone were to break into my house (even un-armed), I could shoot first ask questions later, because "a mans home is his castle" and "he has every right to defend that". Don't get me wrong, I would never actually want to take another human life, but don't be fooled either because I would if I had to in order to protect myself, my family, and my property. If a person breaks into my house they will be leaving in a black bag, after becoming acquainted with my friend the 12 gauge!

Note: Before anyone attempts to refute what I have said, I know for a fact my statements are true and correct (at least for the area in which I live) since I have taken criminal justice courses, and I have extensive firearm & self defense training. (and for those of you who don't know, 'firearms for self defense' classes aren't just about shooting and accuracy. There's actually a minimal amount of that, when compared to how much is taught about the Legal and Moral justifiable uses of lethal force, and the possible lifetime ramifications of having to shoot somebody. Including but not limited to: Criminal liabilities, Civil liabilities, Morals, Emotions, and so on.)
    edited April 2012
    Actually in most places in the US, they'll exonerate you for the use of lethal force in your own home. Of course being 'out and about' in public is a different story (there you have a 'duty to retreat' if at all possible [morally and legally]), but if you're in your home and someone breaks in it's usually 'open season' on them even if they're un-armed. At least that is how it is where I live, if someone were to break into my house (even un-armed), I could shoot first ask questions later, because "a mans home is his castle" and "he has every right to defend that". Don't get me wrong, I would never actually want to take another human life, but don't be fooled either because I would if I had to in order to protect myself, my family, and my property. If a person breaks into my house they will be leaving in a black bag, after becoming acquainted with my friend the 12 gauge!

Note: Before anyone attempts to refute what I have said, I know for a fact my statements are true and correct (at least for the area in which I live) since I have taken criminal justice courses, and I have extensive firearm & self defense training. (and for those of you who don't know, 'firearms for self defense' classes aren't just about shooting and accuracy. There's actually a minimal amount of that, when compared to how much is taught about the Legal and Moral justifiable uses of lethal force, and the possible lifetime ramifications of having to shoot somebody. Including but not limited to: Criminal liabilities, Civil liabilities, Morals, Emotions, and so on.)

Yeah I heard... In the US if someone enters your territory he's all yours... But don't think the burglars get lucky here either... There's a nice baseball bat here on my room for those who attempt to break in... Mom already said she'll take the blame for it (she sleeps with a knife under her pillow) if we ever happen to break that stupid law here as long as I bring her smokes and such when she has to go to jail for a few months... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I heard... In the US if someone enters your territory he's all yours... But don't think the burglars get lucky here either... There's a nice baseball bat here on my room for those who attempt to break in... Mom already said she'll take the blame for it (she sleeps with a knife under her pillow) if we ever happen to break that stupid law here as long as I bring her smokes and such when she has to go to jail for a few months... b:victory

I hear ya, don't get me wrong there are some places in the US that are still "anti-gun" and or "anti-self-defense", but considering you only get one life (unless ofc you believe in reincarnation, but lets not get into that LOL) many of the people I know that do live in places like that (where they still may actually 'come down on you' for actually defending yourself) live by one of my favorite motto's of all time. "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6", referencing that it's more important to protect yourself at all costs no matter what anyone else has to do, say, or think about it, including the government or any of their laws. At least in the US, a jury trial consists of 12 people, while in a funeral it is common for 6 people to carry the casket of the deceased. I personally think that it is a 'motto' that everyone on earth should live by. At least I personally would rather risk even life imprisonment opposed to letting somebody (a criminal) take my life away from me early.
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    W.T.F. ?
    Stop making off topic discussions and keep on QQing about FC and pwi.b:laugh
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You guys are going to have to continue this discussion somewhere else. Thanks.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    How much do you have to spend to get past the danger zone? b:puzzled

I'd say at least $500 and you are safe from perma ban
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I'd say at least $500 and you are safe from perma ban

Sweet. I'm 4x over that. TIME TO BREAK ME SOME RULES.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sweet. I'm 4x over that. TIME TO BREAK ME SOME RULES.

Definitely safe.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Definitely safe.

Trying really hard to think of a rule I actually give a **** to break now lol. Aside ini editing and the long gone goons theres nothing I'd get anything out of. Cept maybe top-downing with my venos nix.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • thenewclass
    thenewclass Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    2 reach a conclusion after 100 pages of complaints frankie r u gonna search for a better solution or no just answer that plz cuz it's lame 2 remain silent
    ty
  • gammer101
    gammer101 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sorry if I make a wall of text.

PWI (China company) is a company to make a game for profit. In other word they are out there to make money. Keep that in mind.

To all the QQers about glitcher.

If you are too stupid to use the glitch when it around. Then tough, get a life and move on. You should have done it like everyone else. If you dont like what is going on in the game quit and down load another game.

I am not a goons glitcher or supporting it, however, If have I known about it ealier I would use it too.

Majority of the glitcher are ppl that have a RL life, they have to work and support their family, what ever extra money they have and they can afford, they spend in this game to give you QQers a game to play with. They dont have the time to play 24/7 like you guys.

For most QQers you dont want to spend a penny in the game to keep it going, but you dont want ppl with money to over power you. If you dont like getting over power then spend some RL money in game and get your over power gears (Rank 9 come to mind)

I am so sick and tired of ppl QQ on every damn thing going in the game. IT IS A FREE GAME. So the hell what? if you happen to spend some RL money in the game, it all your decision of that, PWI did not force you to go and buy zen nor they charge you a monthly fee. Its their game they do what they want with it, stop demanding that they compensate to you for everything.

Get a life (job) and play the game.

OK Flame on if you want to.
    edited April 2012
    2 reach a conclusion after 100 pages of complaints frankie r u gonna search for a better solution or no just answer that plz cuz it's lame 2 remain silent
    ty

Yeah Frankie... Close the game already cause the ppl here would rather have that happen then letting some ppl unbanned and the fact that no grief was spread this way... You know how much they wanna see others suffering even at the cost of this game... b:chuckle

Seriously though... Just ignore this angry mob... You did the best you could given the situation... You'll always have my support...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.