FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey Frankie,

Can you share your plan for improving the community, engineering and customer service organizations of PWI? What is the timeframe for these "improvements"? What is the next improvement we are getting and when?

*hoping you keep your promise*

I suggested a few ideas to the team, which some of them were deemed as worthy of looking into. As to what they are, I can't tell until I get a yes or a no about them. I do think some of them will better the communication with us as a community - while the rest are just improvements to the game that do not require PWB's interference.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So I take it they threatened to stop spending money and you had to back off? This is the most likely scenario.
  • thenewclass
    thenewclass Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I suggested a few ideas to the team, which some of them were deemed as worthy of looking into. As to what they are, I can't tell until I get a yes or a no about them. I do think some of them will better the communication with us as a community - while the rest are just improvements to the game that do not require PWB's interference.

thx a lot shelly at least someone is trying 2 do his best :) sorry we bothered u for 100 long pages but i'm glad the message passed could we know what were the suggestions u gave <3?
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

b:dirtyShellyb:kiss thanks for speaking on behalf of the PWers! now can we close this thread or something, page 99 really got their flame on. LOL goes back into the shadows
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey all,

As you many of you know, there was a major glitch last year that allowed players to level up much more quickly than was normally possible. It involved performing certain abilities on one of the Frostcovered City bosses, which caused it to spawn hundreds of minibosses instead of just two, which was the normal amount spawned.

Although it was immediately deemed a bannable offense, as it violated term 11(k) of our Terms of Service, many players continued to exploit this glitch throughout the four months that it existed on our servers.

Today, the very worst offenders of this glitch exploitation have been given a temporary ban on their characters. They have also been removed from the PWI Rankings Page. While the case has been made that more people should have been banned, and permanently, for their transgressions, the fact is that we at PWE must take some of the blame for the glitch existing for as long as it did (4 months). For this reason we will not be banning anyone permanently for taking part in the exploitation.

We apologize for the glitch lasting as long as it did, and for the amount of time it took to take action against those who took advantage of it. The state of PWI is very important to us, and we thank you for your patience and support as we do what we can to keep the game running as smoothly as possible.

-The PWI Team

[Update 4-18-2012]

Upon receiving tickets from many of the banned accounts and investigating further, our GM's have decided that our tracking methods for recognizing the "worst offenders" were likely inaccurate. Whether these banned folks truly glitched more than anybody else is a statement that we do not feel comfortable supporting any longer, so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

The truth of the matter is that our tracking tools for recognizing glitchers have been limited from the start, and this problem, compounded with the fact that it took four months to modify the FC boss, meant that we could not effectively enforce the rule in this situation.

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.
    frankieraye, what do you prefer? To apologize to those that didn't glitched or to ban everyone that just skipped all the all the ways to get experience and leveled to lvl 100 in the same day that they have created the character?

My guess is that above those two options, PWE prefers to keep an unbalanced game like it is.

Due to the fact that FC is, since the tideborn expansion (i think), an instance to make experience, players already lost their will to earn exp.

"Why should i do RB alpha/beta/gamma/delta or cube if i can just pay 100k and i get a spot in a fc squad to kill heads" that's the most general though among lvl40+ players.

Players will always go for the quickest and easiest way to "win" in this game. FC, hyper stones and those glitches just made it alot easier. And honestly, this game has become way to easy to those that could enjoy this game without glitching.
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    b:dirtyShellyb:kiss thanks for speaking on behalf of the QQers! now can we close this thread or something, page 99 really got their flame on. LOL goes back into the shadows

Fixed it for yah... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    LMAO so lemme get this straight okies next time theres a huge game breaking glitch we all abuse the **** outta it knowing full well were exploiting a broken game mechanic then wait four to five months after you find out about it for any reasonable supposed punishment then take our week long ban and during that time spam the **** outta your ticketing service for everyone banned then we all get unbanned after two days?

Sign me up for the next big glitch then obviously frankie you've just showed that nothing can be done by you guys in terms of punishment towards your gaming community and that you lack all if not any authority you supposedly have at all. Obviously you should resign your position as our supposed cm and just call yourself our marketing manager cause currently you just tell us what the weekly sales you have in the boutique.

^ THIS ^

I think (if you can afford it like I can) you should purchase an airline ticket to "Tyria" like I did. Get the hell out of "Pangu". I cannot wait for this upcoming weekends 'event' :D
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options

So you don't think there's work to be done regarding communication with the community manager, the game team and the company itself?
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So you don't think there's work to be done regarding communication with the community manager, the game team and the company itself?

Oh well that... Misunderstanding from my side... ^^; Yeah there's lot's of work to be done regarding that... I think it would improve the game greatly if the communication would improve yeah... They already do it well for years on a certain site I go to a lot and by working together with the community they're always able to fix problems quickly and perfectly... But for that to happen there also should be some kind of improvement regarding the community's behavior towards the staff as well... Otherwise it'll just stay a flame-fest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The fact is the staff here DO NOT play the game. Therefore any ideas brought to them will be abstract and implementations of any fixes will fall short.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

The main problem is that the staff are merely puppets in the hands of PW China. They cannot do anything to modify the game themselves.

Take for exemple what happened in another game I played previously : After the application of a game patch, you were able to buy a certain item from a merchant NPC and sell it back to the same NPC for more than the price you bought it. As soon as the bug was known, they shut down the servers, made a fix, did a rollback and restarted the servers. It took a couple of hours to fix at most.

If they did that with the goon glitch, we would not be in the mess we are now.

This is the kind of reactivity that this game need too, but sadly they cannot do it. Everything must be done / approved by China. If another bug like the goon glitch come up in PW, the same problems will arise again. Just take a look at the PK bug in SP. It's been present for weeks now, and no fix is on the horizon.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    The main problem is that the staff are merely puppets in the hands of PW China. They cannot do anything to modify the game themselves.

Take for exemple what happened in another game I played previously : After the application of a game patch, you were able to buy a certain item from a merchant NPC and sell it back to the same NPC for more than the price you bought it. As soon as the bug was known, they shut down the servers, made a fix, did a rollback and restarted the servers. It took a couple of hours to fix at most.

This is the kind of reactivity that this game need too, but sadly they cannot do it. Everything must be done / approved by China. If another bug like the goon glitch come up in PW, the same problems will arise again. Just take a look at the PK bug in SP. It's been present for weeks now, and no fix is on the horizon.
    +1
    A large majority of the game population don't know this or understand it.
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    because its a load of **** u guys act like china is so much a forgein nation outside of this companys reach. they comunicate on a daily basis any changes needed here doesnt go past a tribunal or some crazy shet. some dude here is like " hey this is all effed up yo" and there like " well heres how to fix it" and then our side stays in a **** bubble of omfg packs and **** to sell ........wait we had a issue. so there is no multi national company on the face of the earth that does not comunicate with each other. second thing wtf would china care what we do here it doesnt effect there sales or anything im sure pwe has alot more controll over the things that occur here then they let on otherwise i think it would be full run by china and there would be no need whatsoever for pwe to exist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options

While I wholly agree with most your statements, non of the suggestions I made based on my own and the community's opinions needs China's approval or help. I've been a part of the player base for almost 3 years and been a mod for nearly two, so I'm well aware of the company's (in)capabilities in regards to China.

Only time will tell but I hope we'll see some changes soon enough. I'm going to at least do my best so that they don't forget my suggestions, or to implant them.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The fact is the staff here DO NOT play the game. Therefore any ideas brought to them will be abstract and implementations of any fixes will fall short.

Bit off-topic sorry: Even more reason to try end set up a better communication between them and the players (and maybe arrange some beta testers as well)... We play the game so we can report bugs in the game and make suggestions about what could be improved and such...

True... This is also why I support the fact that no one got perma-banned for it... And even if they need PWIC's approvement for something... Is it really that hard for the Chinese department to set up a skype and have someone that speaks English (yes they learn English at school even in those countries) communicate with our staff?

I think the problem of modifying this version alone would be that it would be much harder to receive patches from China 9who create all the content) since they'll most likely overwrite the changes this version would make every time... It should be possible but it might be hard if there isn't any staff that knows how to do such things... Just a guess though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thenewclass
    edited April 2012
    Options
    While I wholly agree with most your statements, non of the suggestions I made based on my own and the community's opinions needs China's approval or help. I've been a part of the player base for almost 3 years and been a mod for nearly two, so I'm well aware of the company's (in)capabilities in regards to China.

Only time will tell but I hope we'll see some changes soon enough. I'm going to at least do my best so that they don't forget my suggestions, or to implant them.

shelly would u mind telling us plz what were the propositions u gave ....plz don't ignore the question...
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    shelly would u mind telling us plz what were the propositions u gave ....plz don't ignore the question...

Pretty sure I said I won't say anything until I can at least get a yes or a no about some or all of them from the team.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Bit off-topic sorry: Even more reason to try end set up a better communication between them and the players (and maybe arrange some beta testers as well)... We play the game so we can report bugs in the game and make suggestions about what could be improved and such...

Someone had a great idea with Game Advisers (link in my sig), but as of now, idk what purpose that would have seeing what's been happening. b:surrender
    edited April 2012
    Options

LOL aaaah Yuma i miss your WC's on HT! Thanks for fixing it. b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thenewclass
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure I said I won't say anything until I can at least get a yes or a no about some or all of them from the team.
    shelly i really admire ur work BUT:

ok but how can u give propositions in the name of pwi players w.o letting the players themselves know.... i mean it looks strange :P as a pwi player i deserve 2 know what was asked in my name
    TY for answering it ...
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I never said I speak for everyone, I said I included my suggestion and some are based off of things that have been repeatedly asked for on the forums that I think are good ideas and were mostly ignored. The reason I won't give any information is because I a) don't want to start rumors b) don't want things to come off as a done deal.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Guys I'm telling this for years. And I was called moron by others. But time told them I was right. I saw this problem 2 years ago and pointed on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Oh well that... Misunderstanding from my side... ^^; Yeah there's lot's of work to be done regarding that... I think it would improve the game greatly if the communication would improve yeah... They already do it well for years on a certain site I go to a lot and by working together with the community they're always able to fix problems quickly and perfectly... But for that to happen there also should be some kind of improvement regarding the community's behavior towards the staff as well... Otherwise it'll just stay a flame-fest...

I totally agree. Shelly,Krisnda, Frankie, Fuzzy, and many others have made great strides in suggestions and many PWI users have made suggestions that I have no doubt are being discussed. Remember these people want the game to succeed because I highly doubt they want to be unemployed. I also agree about the flame fest and I think doing so would help with the flame fest in that players would know without a doubt these people support them because they would see the "Game Mod's" in game. Sorry if that didn't make sense I have a migraine atm.

Take for exemple what happened in another game I played previously : After the application of a game patch, you were able to buy a certain item from a merchant NPC and sell it back to the same NPC for more than the price you bought it. As soon as the bug was known, they shut down the servers, made a fix, did a rollback and restarted the servers. It took a couple of hours to fix at most....

...Just take a look at the PK bug in SP. It's been present for weeks now, and no fix is on the horizon.

PWI as a whole has done this on a couple of occasions for PW and for a couple of other games that are PWI based. But as YOU yourself stated it was right after a patch. That's an easy fix. This is a different situation as a good deal of time passed before the glitch was taken out. Being that they had to decide what to do for the glitch and how to handle that and the again I say "EXCESSIVE" man hours was used to go back and research who all exploited the glitch, your suggestion isn't viable. One, because not everyone exploited the glitch or might have even been in game at the time so a server roll back after the fact wouldn't work. (how fair would it have been to those who didn't know or exploit the glitch to be "rolled back". You can't "roll back" individuals unless they have access to that individuals computer. Because you can't "roll back" that person's computer unless you **** them. And that is illegal.
    I never said I speak for everyone, I said I included my suggestion and some are based off of things that have been repeatedly asked for on the forums that I think are good ideas and were mostly ignored. The reason I won't give any information is because I a) don't want to start rumors b) don't want things to come off as a done deal.

Winks at Shelly and Krisnda.... Let me put it in layman's terms for those who don't understand where they are coming from. First, that old saying Don't put the cart before the horse. The cart wouldn't go anywhere fast now would it? Second, I just got myself a soda and reviewed the ingredients at the bottom it says natural and atrifical flavors but it doesn't tell me what flavors. If they did tell everything in their ingredients anyone could copy their "nitch in their drink". This apply's to anything that is told in meetings with the PW Staff... Obviously they can't discuss the inner workings of meetings that would be both premature and break agreements of confidentiality they have with PWI. And many many of the GM's have already posted on here and other posts to say we hear you and are working on it. Give them some credit please. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Options

I totally agree. Shelly,Krisnda, Frankie, Fuzzy, and many others...

b:sad

I be a sad Kritty...

Just because I haven't been tremendously active on the forum recently (work is a pain)...

b:cry

Anyway, I also had looked into that thread that Kris is talking about, and had suggested my own opinions on how it could work... it just never seemed to gain any momentum.b:surrender
  • thenewclass
    edited April 2012
    Options
    shelly can i have them as private message then ? i promise 2 keep it confidential ;)this way no rumors just wanna c ur point of view ;)
    would be great ty for ur work <3 have fun^^
  • krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Options
    shelly can i have them as private message then ? i promise 2 keep it confidential ;)this way no rumors just wanna c ur point of view ;)

I don't think that she would even share them with the other mods at this point, to be honest.b:chuckle

See?
    v
  • chaoticshelly
    edited April 2012
    Options

No.

/5char
  • thenewclass
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No.

/5char

5 char? and why no :(
    edited April 2012
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    b:sad

I be a sad Kritty...

Just because I haven't been tremendously active on the forum recently (work is a pain)...

b:cry

Anyway, I also had looked into that thread that Kris is talking about, and had suggested my own opinions on how it could work... it just never seemed to gain any momentum.b:surrender

Ooooh pets the KrityKitty... I'm soorry honey I didn't mean to exclude you. Keep reading the rest of my post love bug. Aaaah now I'm all sad. Lemme hump you and make it all better.
    ~removed~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited April 2012
    Options
    5 char? and why no :(

Messages here on the forums have to be at least 5 characters long, so some people who post shorter answers add the /5char to the end of their message to make sure they meet the required limit.

Also, she already explained her reasons.b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.