FC Glitch Update

Options

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I saw this whole mess of a story relayed on a couple of gaming website/forums already.

I'm wondering who much it will hurt their business by seeing their reputation tarnished by that and make potential players ignore their games...
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • MrFortySeven - Harshlands
    MrFortySeven - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    I saw this whole mess of a story relayed on a couple of gaming website/forums already.

I'm wondering who much it will hurt their business by seeing their reputation tarnished by that and make potential players ignore their games...

Certainly! For the longest time I never thought I could get away from PW, because the game itself IS phenomenal! However, with how crappy the company is that runs it; I will certainly be looking for something else again. My only problem is that I actually like the graphics of PWi, and most other games (despite having "good graphics") are just "too cartoony" for me and my taste. Example, one of the biggest MMO's of all time, you know, the highly commercialized one that boasts some 11 million subscribers er whatever. I could NEVER bring myself to even TRY that game (EVER). Why, just because to me, it was too "cartoony"... There was even a newer one that I have had friends leave PW for to play. I wont dispute it had "good graphics", just, to me they were too 'cartoony' =\

Now though reading this thread, I have seen a LOT of hype over the soon pending release of a certain wars of guild for the second time, and looking at screenshots looks like something I may be able to enjoy. So if that is the case, goodbye PWI! If I can ever find another GAME that I enjoy as much, and they actually have a RESPONSIBLE company with REAL customer support then I will never look back either! I know that I would love to keep playing PW, because like I said, I love the game itself. The reason I would be leaving is because of the irresponsibility of the company that runs it!

There is actually another thing that is now bothering me. As some of you may know, PWE has a 'barbarian statue', they have even given some away to players every now and then. Well, being the super geek that I am, I REALLY wanted one (and honestly still do till this day). The problem is, not only are they apparently not available, when I sent a message to PWE inquiring about how I could even BUY one of these I got NO response whatsoever! Well as 'small' as this may be - it STILL urks me! Why, because I am looking at the pending release of this "wars of guild for the second time", and I see that you can actually purchase (in advance to its release) a 'collectors edition' WHICH ****ING INCLUDES A STATUE... OMG, this game hasn't even hit beta yet (but their website has a countdown to some weekend beta thing), and I am already interested! Hell I may even spring the $150 just to buy it even if I don't wind up liking it, at least I'll have a damn statue out of it (among the other included 'collectibles')...

PWE, YOU guys need to start looking at your competitors and taking some notes. THEY know how to do **** right! Wait, I should not even call them competitors, because that would mean you are competing with them. There is no competition here, you guys clearly SUCK. You guys aren't even competition to these other companies, they plain out BLOW YOU OUT OF THE WATER. Unless you guys SERIOUSLY change **** around, your tombstone will read R.I.P. / PWE / 2012
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Should link them.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    whining whining whining... not the glitch, not the abuse. alot of players a drown away from this constant whining. u babys here need realy let go.
    will the game die?
    of it will. nothing lasts forever. many ppl predicted its death few years ago. and its still here and still got many ppl. unfortunatly MANY WHINERS TOO.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    whining whining whining... not the glitch, not the abuse. alot of players a drown away from this constant whining. u babys here need realy let go.
    will the game die?
    of it will. nothing lasts forever. many ppl predicted its death few years ago. and its still here and still got many ppl. unfortunatly MANY WHINERS TOO.

DUH, when the company sucks as bad as PWE sucks it surely will not last forever b:laugh
    edited April 2012
    Options
    will the game die?

You are whining about players whining about a glitch..........for the record.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited April 2012
    Options

+1 this!
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Should link them.b:victory

I'd also be interested in seeing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options

PPL always use this argument when dont wanna see how ridicious they look.
  • expertaudit
    expertaudit Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    PPL always use this argument when dont wanna see how ridicious they look.

Because......its usually true.

Let those who are complaining about the issue......complain, simple as that. If you don't have anything critical to add to the topic, then simply carry on and find other things to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Because......its usually true.

Let those who are complaining about the issue......complain, simple as that. If you don't have anything critical to add to the topic, then simply carry on and find other things to do.

You are right. But the thing that makes me mad is not the glitches in game, is not the GMs, not the devs. Its the fail community on PWI. I have been on other PW companies. Even we had issues - we helped eachother to solve them. We had strong community and still there was no GM or even support on forums. PPL here realy dont know what REAL crysis is. All u see is waterfall of tears of fail ppl.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Now we can exploit any glitch and we won't be banned! b:thanks
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Now we can exploit any glitch and we won't be banned! b:thanks

Anyone banned for caster nirvana glitch? why not ban all caster lvl 100+, while we are at it? oh wait u r a caster... U seriously wana ban ppl that u dont even know? for what? "rules are broken". it aint life destroing rule.. unless u have some mental issues.
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    u will be banned for 1 day man :P but if it gets u a few lvls or plenty of coins totally worth it :D
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Anyone banned for caster nirvana glitch? why not ban all caster lvl 100+, while we are at it? oh wait u r a caster... U seriously wana ban ppl that u dont even know? for what? "rules are broken". it aint life destroing rule.. unless u have some mental issues.

My Psy is only lvl 83. Nirvana is far, far away...

I just wanted to say, if they didn't ban players who used glitch to level to 105, and they know that those players were using that glich, why should they ban other people then, for using some other glitch?

In some way, with this not banning players, they said to others: You can use any glitch in game and you won't get banned.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    My Psy is only lvl 83. Nirvana is far, far away...

I just wanted to say, if they didn't ban players who used glitch to level to 105, and they know that those players were using that glich, why should they ban other people then, for using some other glitch?

In some way, with this not banning players, they said to others: You can use any glitch in game and you won't get banned.

well personaly i dont have a problem with it. they make up some rules, and dont enforce them? big deal. many ppl multiclient 4+ clients at same time. anti multi client is REALY STUPID rule. Im glad they dont enforce it. So was caster glitch. And actualy the foult is that they cannot fix it. So instead of banning players they should hire better developers. I realy think perma BANing shall not be done. Its not players foult that there was glitch.
  • /ss/ssin - Raging Tide12
    /ss/ssin - Raging Tide12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey all,
    [Update 4-18-2012]
    so we've decided to err on the side of caution and release all of these characters from their temp bans.

@.@ just typical.......b:bye
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This FC Glitch is not big deal. It's least of PWI's problems. I don't see why people make such a big mess about it. It's easy to get to 101, and on that level it's possible to have best gear.

There are bigger problems than shortcuts from 101-105. If someone is 105 it doesn't make him/her the best PWI player in the known universe.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    this Fc Glitch Is Not Big Deal. It's Least Of Pwi's Problems. I Don't See Why People Make Such A Big Mess About It. It's Easy To Get To 101, And On That Level It's Possible To Have Best Gear.

There Are Bigger Problems Than Shortcuts From 101-105. If Someone Is 105 It Doesn't Make Him/her The Best Pwi Player In The Known Universe.

+ 10 000
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This FC Glitch is not big deal. It's least of PWI's problems. I don't see why people make such a big mess about it. It's easy to get to 101, and on that level it's possible to have best gear.

There are bigger problems than shortcuts from 101-105. If someone is 105 it doesn't make him/her the best PWI player in the known universe.

May be because some characters can stealth and other with level less than stealthed can't see them and vise versa.

Also 105 level characters have more attribute points.

Also damage calcultion include level of the character:
    === Level Difference Damage Reduction ===

If the target is a higher level than the attacker then a level difference damage reduction may apply. This damage reduction is ignored by venomancer / mystic pets which makes those particularly effective fighting against ?-level mobs (which count as level 150).
    Target Level minus - Attacker Level              : Damage  Multiplier

< 3                                             : 100%

3 - 5                                            : 90%
    6 - 8                                            : 80%

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If someone is 105 it doesn't make him/her the best PWI player in the known universe.

If a sin is 105, it makes him/her undetectable by everyone except others level 105 chars
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If a sin is 105, it makes him/her undetectable by everyone except others level 105 chars

This is not by any means game breaking. Even less if u include sin and non sin chars like u did.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Options
    May be because some characters can stealth and other with level less than stealthed can't see them and vise versa.

Also 105 level characters have more attribute points.

Also damage calcultion include level of the character:

So, if difference is 3 level or less, it's 100%.
    105-3=102.
    And it's really not difficult to get from 101 to 102.

105 have 15 more attribute points that 102. Noting huge.
    That apply only to other sins. Even 101 sins can have 132 Stealth level. And that's pretty much visible only to oher sins. Every other class has 101 or max 105 stealth detection.

105 Sin can have Stealth level 136, but Stealth detect 135.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    So, if difference is 3 level or less, it's 100%.
    105-3=102.
    And it's really not difficult to get from 101 to 102.

You are wrong.

If difference is 2 level or less, it's 100%, in other case it is less then 100%.

Read again.
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I have counted 6 105 gripping posts in general alone today. WTH is wrong with you people? Yes, there was a glitch, yes it was exploited but let's really think about this for a minute or two shall we?

Pulls up my big girl panties and sets to work.

1.) 105 is not a fantasy number. Many of the same people you all are QQing about in game have BEEN PLAYING THE DANG THING SINCE BETA! I KNOW, I was too was in Beta and recognize many names of old schoolers. And on the Mala servers the levels are higher...hmmmm did they glitch too? Should theeeey be banned? FFS Shuut it.

2.) Yes, there was a glitch...how many glitches are there in the game? MANY!! and I mean MANY!! When is it just a smart game play and when is it deemed an actual TOS glitch and bannable? I can assure you, because there are so many people fussing that before they could come up with a semi-solution great time, resources, lawyers, marketing reps and brain power went in to deciding how to MICRO manage these STUUUPID questions. Which meant guess what....They had LESS time to work on the TRUE TICKETS of people who had REAL ISSUES!!!

3.) We have all done things to make game leveling easier. Some go in, go through walls and kill mobs that need to be killed all stealthly soloing instances. (Is this a glitch now because only THAT CLASS can do it? Some Zhen areas, some oracle, some hyper, some move a boss so he doesn't AOE. Some Stand in a straight line from the tank and NEVER move so they don't get AOE one shotted! These are things you learn in the game that make it easier to succeed. Like purging a specific boss in TT so it's not such a friggin nightmare. You need different classes (or used too til Sins and Seekers all powered us) to run instances. That's why it was called a PERFECT SQUAD in GAMA!

4.) People are here to play the game their way. If you don't want to do it their way DON'T. That's the great thing about that clever little device on your shoulders we have the right to choose. (for those confused....YOUR BRAIN!) Now stop gripping and say okay PW STAFF (NOT GM's specifically) Have made a decision on how they are going to hangle this situation....okay....MOVE ON!

oh and 1 more thing... It's easier to get things done nicely than by spewing on nastiness. It's why my hugs are humps...cuz come on everyone is happier after a good hump.

Oh and because I am sure it will come up. No I don't have ANY char 105 or anywhere close. Nor do I have 100 different chars. I have been on 4 servers. And only have wizzies on each. I play this game to pass the time and to meet people and to hopefully make a few of you laugh, make others feel special and hopefully all smile now and again. Because REAL LIFE is HARD! So, I guess it urks me when I see so many people being ugly and unkind to one another. Making others happy makes me happy. Killing mobs just to kill them makes me happy.
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thenewclass
    thenewclass Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    it is a huge advantage in pvp also any 105 char could pop a detection pot widely available now cuz of events which would really annoy a sin +a higher lvl sin would easily **** a lower 1
    at 103 if u do an fc run (solo ofc) it's 0.2% for full run it's 0.4% now imagine... not 2 mention the fortune u need to pay to get scrolls not 2 loose exp and timeeeeeee
    ppl are ..... 2 ask about the importance of lvls in an mmo game LMAO i wonder why some do i mean this game is based on lvls +new morai skills make it so important !!! not 2 mention the solutions gms r taking r disappointing everyone i mean look at picture of gms nowadays any pwi player says : they don't care about us they don't fix glitches don't punish so let's glitch let's pk in sp let's not respect rules since no 1 will punish !! then u c the other part of pwi players saying hmm this game is starting 2 suck let's go 2 private servers or just hmmm quit any pw game ! i'm in a pvp server so ik what i'm talking about why do u think some sins spend all day in fc trying 2 catch some exp.... before u give comments about stuff u don't know better not say them i mean if u';re an 8x who just wants 2 kill a few mobs then it doesn't bother u but it does for any pvper op player on server if almost 80 pages in 3-4days don't make gms think about it then i think is game is dying or even already dead we'll c empty servers pretty soon ...
    k have fun everyone !
  • thenewclass
    thenewclass Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ok u mean u encourage ppl being 105 in 2 weeks and others needing almost a year 2 go there? that's really pro ! since u're maybe a caster or a non pvper than it doesn't bother u well some ppl spend all their game play in fc it's an mmo game lvl is capital if u don't care about lvl don't put a thread in the first place ! yes there was a mistake yes ppl glitched yes there should be actions taken other than banning for 1 day to make it FAIR thx for pointing ur point of view (u don't care about lvls) well a lot do i respect that put fc glitch update is obviously not interesting for someone who doesn't care about lvling anymore !
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Considering people pay fortunes to get them extra 3 or 4 stat points from nirvana gear, engraving, capes, tomes ... b:surrender Seen a sin pay 100s of millions at attempts to get an extra 2 dex points.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The question is..............who or what is merging them! D:

b:avoid

I only merged one of them, right now is the first time I logged in since my last appearance yesterday. Long day. b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.