Descent - Official Skills and Information

Options

Comments

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    To clarify with Psionic Link, it only redirect magic attacks, including an Archer's metal attacks and the like. Any normal attacks with +elemental damage (such as the Archer's Fire Arrow) will not be redirected. Magic DoTs (Torrent, Sand Trap, etc) are redirected. Will test Purge and Amp tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well it's only 5 seconds... Spawn killing in TW is nothing you cant do with a IG (12 seconds).

You still have to run to the spawn point after popping ig, so you would've lost a couple of seconds. Even tele jumping would waste at least 2 seconds. Stealthing through lets you go at the full duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crystal_Sin - Raging Tide
    Crystal_Sin - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You still have to run to the spawn point after popping ig, so you would've lost a couple of seconds. Even tele jumping would waste at least 2 seconds. Stealthing through lets you go at the full duration.

Don't think you thought your statement through here.

In IG yes you have to still go to the people in the spawn area so lets be nice and say takes you 3 secs that leaves 9 secs of fight time

In double stealth you Still have to activate stealth outside of range of towers to be able to use it to get past them so you'll get 2 maybe 3 secs of kill time

However if you combine the 2 you have a great advantage, use IG to get in and kill till it runs out and then use the stealth skill to escape from being killed by towers when IG wears off.

Wait 2 mins for skill to cooldown rinse and repeat (if TW is over by then lol)
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Don't think you thought your statement through here.

In IG yes you have to still go to the people in the spawn area so lets be nice and say takes you 3 secs that leaves 9 secs of fight time

In double stealth you Still have to activate stealth outside of range of towers to be able to use it to get past them so you'll get 2 maybe 3 secs of kill time
    How are you going to kill anything after stealth if the towers target you? I was thinking more like stealth to get in and not get slept/silenced along the way, then start off and pop an ig.
    However if you combine the 2 you have a great advantage, use IG to get in and kill till it runs out and then use the stealth skill to escape from being killed by towers when IG wears off.
    Assuming you have enough time to use it once ig wears off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I was thinking about IG to running in to aoe, then right before IG wears off, AoE stealth so you lose agro on the towers for 4-5 seconds.

Before the stealth ends Rift would be off CD to let off another AoE. But spawn killing is just mean.

Sorry for the partial derailing of the thread Ast XD
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Ice Prison is Targetless, pops sins in SZ (Lul) and appears to have an amp, once casted you can move for the remaining duration.

Due to the 2 minute cooldown and 2 second duration of the 2/3 freeze chance I'm having hell trying to test it however (400-600 ping means by the time I see it and cast, it's gone). I'll get someone to auto attack the sea dragon later with no weapon and work it out.

It's definitely not damaging however. The "takes 130% dmg" is either a 30% amp or a 130% amp, the wording isn't specific and testing it isn't simple, and the icon is a new one, not a HF one.

~I'll post later when I test the amp properly.

~~~

Oh, it looks pretty cool too :P
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    hmmmm try it in a less laggy area and have you tryed using a slow skill like your ultis, since ice prison stuns the target 3 times, so lets say u miss the first stun then you have a chance to take advantage of the next stun and amp your attacks. Or maybe it doesn't work like that?

(when I say stun I mean a freeze since the skill description says it works like a stun, e.g a imobolise with a seal).

I doubt its only a 30% amp though but imagine 130% amp with a bms hf b:dirty b:cool
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    hmmmm try it in a less laggy area and have you tryed using a slow skill like your ultis, since ice prison stuns the target 3 times, so lets say u miss the first stun then you have a chance to take advantage of the next stun and amp your attacks. Or maybe it doesn't work like that?

(when I say stun I mean a freeze since the skill description says it works like a stun, e.g a imobolise with a seal).

I doubt its only a 30% amp though but imagine 130% amp with a bms hf b:dirty b:cool

I only had a brief window to test in so I had to test on mobs outside archo :P Didn't think of overcasting and hoping for a proc in time for the hit tho.

I'll still be testing with a friend later on the dragon since it'll be much easier more solid proof.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I made an error with my previous post. When I was testing to see if physical attacks were redirected when using Psionic Link, I only tested auto attack, not any physical skills.

I want to confirm that ALL skills (magical attacks such as Spirit Blast, Ironwood Scarab, etc, and physical skills , such as Heaven's Flame, Draw Blood, Stunning Arrow, etc , and also skills that deal no damage such as Purge and Amp) are ALL redirected to the caster of Psionic Link.

Sorry about the confusion x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I made an error with my previous post. When I was testing to see if physical attacks were redirected when using Psionic Link, I only tested auto attack, not any physical skills.

I want to confirm that ALL skills (magical attacks such as Spirit Blast, Ironwood Scarab, etc, and physical skills , such as Heaven's Flame, Draw Blood, Stunning Arrow, etc , and also skills that deal no damage such as Purge and Amp) are ALL redirected to the caster of Psionic Link.

Sorry about the confusion x_x

Thanks for rechecking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thanks for rechecking.

My excuse for my errors is that I was pressed for timeb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sub how much longer till the vid is up? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Sub how much longer till the vid is up? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv4L_jlDD2E

TERRIBLE BAD QUALITY BAD I DON'T KNOW HOW TO YOUTUBE BAD QUALITY.

You should be able to make out that the veno is using Amp > Stunning Blow > Venomous Scarab, all three of which are redirected to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Is the skill itself purged if a veno purges the target?

This could blow the "use it in white voodoo!" idea....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    IIRC, the skill itself was not purged when we tested it because it was redirected to sub, so instead her own buffs were purged if that's what you meant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I wonder if you can chain it so that a second psychic can absorb linked damage from the first.
    Also stacking it with the sin skill Death Link could prove humorous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Suzutsuki - Dreamweaver
    Suzutsuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hey all Hey all

I have one question about the skills who we get in lvl 100. In the first post said that skills can't be traded:
    "The other skills come from the "advanced" supply menu from your order's "lieutenant" under the Tier 2 tab. These skills take much longer to get. They require 3,500 prestige and cost 675 influence (no coins). It will take almost 6 weeks of Divine Quests / other dailies for that order to acquire these books and they can not be traded or account stashed. These have a level 100 requirement but still only require the level 79 cultivation."

It's true? Or we can trade this skills? if can't , we need stay 6 weeks in Each "Order" for get all skills? x.x
    Someone who get one skill of lvl 100 can answer me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Is the skill itself purged if a veno purges the target?

This could blow the "use it in white voodoo!" idea....
    IIRC, the skill itself was not purged when we tested it because it was redirected to sub, so instead her own buffs were purged if that's what you meant.

The skill is not purged from the person who I use the skill on because that purge is redirected to me, and purges me instead. Haven't been able to see if auto attacking with a purge bow (and purging) will purge the skill or not.
    I wonder if you can chain it so that a second psychic can absorb linked damage from the first.
    Also stacking it with the sin skill Death Link could prove humorous.

As far as I know, I'm the only one with the skill on Harshlands, although I believe a few are pretty close to it. Stacking it seems quite redundant though.
    Hey all Hey all

I have one question about the skills who we get in lvl 100. In the first post said that skills can't be traded:

It's true? Or we can trade this skills? if can't , we need stay 6 weeks in Each "Order" for get all skills? x.x
    Someone who get one skill of lvl 100 can answer me?

Yes this is true, unable to be traded or account stashed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Suzutsuki - Dreamweaver
    Suzutsuki - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Yes this is true, unable to be traded or account stashed.

X.x omg! is realy so hard get that skills....in september i will get all xD

Ty for answer me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Ty for answer me

Won't take you that long to get all the skills. (If you play daily anyways)
    Takes 6 weeks to get the prestige to "start" buying skills with influence. You don't need prestige to "buy" the skills, but you need it to "unlock" them SO you can buy them. (with influence) b:surrender
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well from what I see in the chinese version I expect an item to be available in the next content update that will cut the time to acquire the new skills almost by half.

I was pretty surprised it didn't make it into our version in the initial release but the chinese version is still slightly ahead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

Ty for answer me

The six week grind is to get the required prestige and influence to unlock the first new skill. However (and I believe this is a common misconception) the influence and prestige isn't "used up" upon acquiring that first skill. After getting the first non tradable skill you can leave that particular order with 95% of your influence/prestige intact... wait a day and then join another order to get a different skill. Then do enough daily quests to regain the 5% lost and voila... second skill is yours.
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Well from what I see in the chinese version I expect an item to be available in the next content update that will cut the time to acquire the new skills almost by half.

I was pretty surprised it didn't make it into our version in the initial release but the chinese version is still slightly ahead.

will this be a cash shop item, or will this be an item we buy from the order and amps our influence and prestige
    The six week grind is to get the required prestige and influence to unlock the first new skill. However (and I believe this is a common misconception) the influence and prestige isn't "used up" upon acquiring that first skill. After getting the first non tradable skill you can leave that particular order with 95% of your influence/prestige intact... wait a day and then join another order to get a different skill. Then do enough daily quests to regain the 5% lost and voila... second skill is yours.

influence and prestige does not carry from order to order, each is separate and does not effect the other
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Also i'm pretty sure influence gets used up lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BuCi - Harshlands
    BuCi - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    .do this clans have more than just 1 flyer for each class... and on my flyer it stands 30 mil. so will i haave to pay that 30 mil + my contribution(called what eer) or just my cont. because what that money is standing for? weps are bad. g15 lower dmg than r8 :(
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    will this be a cash shop item, or will this be an item we buy from the order and amps our influence and prestige

I would almost guarentee it will be a cash shop item like the void reset's. I hope they cost 10silver as well but knowing pwe I wouldn't be surpised if they cost 1 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Apparently, when u leave the order, u can't use those spirit, rep and exp things anymore >.>
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    influence and prestige isn't "used up" upon acquiring that first skill. After getting the first non tradable skill you can leave that particular order with 95% of your influence/prestige intact... wait a day and then join another order to get a different skill. Then do enough daily quests to regain the 5% lost and voila... second skill is yours.

Influence is used up. Each Order has their own Prestige/Influence so it will not carry over. You will have to start new.
    so will i haave to pay that 30 mil + my contribution(called what eer) or just my cont. because what that money is standing for? weps are bad. g15 lower dmg than r8 :(

Yes it is 30m plus Influence.

And the G15 weapons are actually on par or better [for PvE anyway] than R8 once you factor in Slaying Levels.

Also, has anyone gotten Arrow Inferno yet? Can they confirm if the "Diminished Vigor" effect goes to your target only, or does it also affect those 8m around your target?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    .do this clans have more than just 1 flyer for each class... and on my flyer it stands 30 mil. so will i haave to pay that 30 mil + my contribution(called what eer) or just my cont. because what that money is standing for? weps are bad. g15 lower dmg than r8 :(

For PvE, the DPH of g15 bow is comparable to R9 bow (without set bonuses).

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16427401#post16427401

Your statement is still true for PvP.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Bump for new skill info. XD
This discussion has been closed.