Descent - Official Skills and Information

Comments

• taptapseek
    taptapseek Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Ok, now that the first people got their skills: Blademasters "Reckless Rush" is a 3 seconds para and not a stun skill like the description says. It does very little dmg and doesn't appear in the dmg log, so i guess it can't crit nor zerk.
    Assassins "Share the Stealth" is a force stealth skill and gives everyone +30 stealth lvl, so a same lvl sin will still see the non-sins. BUT the Sin will get the 30+ his 20 passive lvl allowing him to reach a stealth level above 150. So now Sins can stealth through ? Mobs.
    Barbarians Cornered Beast works fine and can't be debuffed.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Veno's Bewitch skill can be blocked by Tidal Protection. >:

The seal on it can also be blocked by Will Surge, but will still turn into a bird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That's going to be very fun to test taptap. I will be getting "Share the Stealth" Wednesday.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mystic's Verdant Blessing buff can't be purged. It also seems to be the same buff as Empowered Vigor and casting one will overwrite the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'll add those as notes. Feel free to post any other info about the skills in this thread.

I remember people thinking Reckless Rush was a paralyze from the chinese description but the official translation called it a stun lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I would love to see any info on Blood Rush, if any Barb got it already. I will be getting that skill on Wednesday....I missed the public quest event last weekend..........QQQQQQQQb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Mystic's Verdant Blessing buff can't be purged. It also seems to be the same buff as Empowered Vigor and casting one will overwrite the other.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkk............

This means stupid archers are gonna be overwriting my Diminished vigor with Sunset Arrow left and right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Bump until sticky. T_T

Anymore info about the new skills? -Is very curious-
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Can anyone post SS of g15 gears? Please b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't think anyone has the prestige to get them yet. Certainly not the final pieces that require 5000 prestige.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited March 2012
    If you have been doing all prestige quests since the expansion, you should have access to your skills now. I will have access next time the server dailies reset.

I hope mine isn't bugged...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    archer's stealth ataraxia - can buff in it and use immune skills like wog. Can not get rid of the speed reduction as it is not a separate thing it seems, but linked to the buff itself. Archer can move but sloooowly b:chuckle. Simple auto attack will get you out of stealth, as well as skills listed on the skill description - blazing arrow and spark burst. Havent tried any attacking skills except for the quickshot so far, but using quickshot kicked me out of stealth as well b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    Got the skill Blood Rush a few minutes ago and tested the "small amounts of damage will not trigger this effect."

I was testing in VoS on Avalanche Crushers, a popular and weak aoe grind mob. I took about 80-100 per hit from them, and my buff triggered, increasing my attack.

I then used Invoke on my next round, taking 1-15 damage, and the buff did not trigger. I tested DoT damage and the DoT didn't trigger my buff, as I expected. I don't know if it can be purged, but I'll take a guess and say it can.

So over all, the skill does what it does, nothing bugged so far. I did not run a damage test, I only viewed my stats as I was hit, seeing the numbers of my physical attack increase per hit. It works for my axes and claws, so it's not weapon sensitive as I expected. I will be loving this skill during my 2x farm frenzy from the looks of it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • dream2die
    dream2die Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Psy skill is doing way less then the description says it does. Looks like the additional earth damage isn't taken into account.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    any news on the Seekers sacrificial slash yet? is that **** quid pro quoable b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    dream2die wrote: »
    Psy skill is doing way less then the description says it does. Looks like the additional earth damage isn't taken into account.

What do you mean?
  • Rocketpower - Harshlands
    Rocketpower - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    any1 got any of the advanced wizard skills?am getting arcane defence on saturdayb:surrender
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Assassin's Share the Stealth costs 454 mana, has a 0.9 sec channel and 1.0 sec cast, and adds 30 stealth levels to everyone in squad, plus their level. So if they're level 102, it will put their stealth at 132. Lasts 5 secs as explained.

The caster gets 30 on top of their passive + level. So I get up to 153 stealth levels when I cast it.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The caster gets 30 on top of their passive + level. So I get up to 153 stealth levels when I cast it.
    Time for spawn aoe killing in TW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Time for spawn aoe killing in TW?

Well you gotta time it right, but from the looks of it, it's possible to not get agro/lose agro from the main towers, if they're level 150.

It's gonna be fun to experiment. XD
    edited March 2012
    Well it's only 5 seconds... Spawn killing in TW is nothing you cant do with a IG (12 seconds).

There will be some use in bypassing mobs in the cube (Have a Listen Rooms, dropping aggro from central mob in room 47, maybe skipping bugs in room 38). There is also some utility in Jungle Ruins as well.

In nirvana/TT this can be used to remove all aggro the sins have generated and let the BM tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Psionic Link (Psychic Corona skill) seems to be working as it is discribed, although I've not been able to do many tests.

It does cost two sparks, 3 minute cooldown, and when it is used, any attacks that hit the person I used it on were sent directly to me, as if I were the one being hit, using my resistances and defense levels.

If I use AD or an Ironguard, all damage is sent to me, and then resisted, effectively making the person I cast Psionic Link on immune to damage as well.

I've yet to test AoEs, or Purge/Amp, I'll try to do some more tests

EDIT: It seems that only magic attacks are redirected, not psysical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012

EDIT: It seems that only magic attacks are redirected, not psysical.

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2012
    b:sad

Kero that makes it really good now :O
    Psychic in white voodoo casts it on cata barb.

The damage gets split.. cata barb tanks the physical attacks while white voodoo psychic tanks the magical ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012

The damage gets split.. cata barb tanks the physical attacks while white voodoo psychic tanks the magical ones.

While the Psy is also trying to survive, say, multiple +12 R9 purging archers.

Remember folks, White Voodoo is purgable!

As a R9 non jades psy, R9 wizzies still can hit me 1-3k per hit. Multiple on me? No thanks.

There's one loophole where I'd see it working decently.... it involves IG. -_- of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AKB - Archosaur
    AKB - Archosaur Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Mystic[/COLOR
    Invigorate - Gained from Order of Corona

-As its written only buff damage that is done by skill. Doesnt buff normal/auto atk
    -Cant be purge
    -buff gone when change instance, for examle from normal map-->morai , morai-->normal map, normal map--> TT / nirvy ( thats mean this buff cant be use to help buff other squad that going TT/Caster Nirvy )
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2012

I believe it was stated that if a Psy casts either Psionic Link or Spirit Phalanx on a cat puller, the catapult would drop.

Edit: can't find it saying that for Psionic Link anymore, so maybe it'll work
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I believe it was stated that if a Psy casts either Psionic Link or Spirit Phalanx on a cat puller, the catapult would drop.

Edit: can't find it saying that for Psionic Link anymore, so maybe it'll work

I'll be testing this TW with a catapult puller this weekend, as well as other skills and tests this weekend, I've not had much time this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Pretty sure you read it in the other thread about known issues with new skills, but AoE stealth does put the sin at passive + 30 stealth levels, so 153 for myself, for example. ? level mobs can be stealthed past, and squad members can be stealthed on mounts. Anyone is free to move, and it lasts 5 seconds. Any attack knocks you out instantly. It doesn't seem to have the 1-2 second immunity of being knocked out of stealth like Shadow Escape has though, but I may be wrong.

It also knocks any stealthed squaded member out of stealth.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    does anyone have information on Seekers Radiant Sight stealth detection skill, more importantly can it be used in conjunction with stealth detection pots too b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
This discussion has been closed.