[Attention] LF > Goon Glitch update from PWE Staff

Comments

• snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Apparently you didn't get the memo. Customer service has caused client instability so they removed it from this game.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    PWI lies. This is old news. Get over it and move on. This isn't worth your time. GMs are turds. yes we have known this a long, long time. Move on. This horse died 3 years ago, stop beating it.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    PWI lies. This is old news. Get over it and move on. This isn't worth your time. GMs are turds. yes we have known this a long, long time. Move on. This horse died 3 years ago, stop beating it.

For someone telling others to move on, you sure are sticking to this thread. b:chuckle We know they lie, but that doesn't mean people should just go, "Oh well." every single time they think they are being lied to. There is nothing wrong with wanting answers. Even if you probably won't get the answers you want. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know what we can and cannot get away with now. b:pleased

Tremblewith will give up when he wants to give up. You guys are just basically fueling his fire more. The more you try to tell or force someone to stop, the more determined they can get. He will either get his answer or give up.

Why does what Tremblewith do concern you by the way? Don't say you don't care because you took the time out to keep checking on this. If you think he's QQing about nothing then take your own advice and move on. :)
  • Sachimi - Sanctuary
    Sachimi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    And I want that all get banned nao who hypered the 1st Nirvana boss that gave ridiculous amounts of xp! Oh and my neighbor didn't mow the lawn. Ban him as well please .. b:angry
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    For someone telling others to move on, you sure are sticking to this thread. b:chuckle We know they lie, but that doesn't mean people should just go, "Oh well." every single time they think they are being lied to. There is nothing wrong with wanting answers. Even if you probably won't get the answers you want. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know what we can and cannot get away with now. b:pleased

Tremblewith will give up when he wants to give up. You guys are just basically fueling his fire more. The more you try to tell or force someone to stop, the more determined they can get. He will either get his answer or give up.

Why does what Tremblewith do concern you by the way? Don't say you don't care because you took the time out to keep checking on this. If you think he's QQing about nothing then take your own advice and move on. :)

Ive made 2, now 3 posts to this thread. First one was a joke. Incredibly funny he openly wants his friends banned.

Second was to help you little people move on.

Third, well because, your point is moot. It has nothing to do with right/wrong on wanting answers. It's about wasting your time. GMs do not care. I did not take the time to "keep checking on this". It happened to be at top when I logged on. I was amazed this topic is still going. ROFL before tonight I have not posted to this thread! I have NOT been following it. Quite the little spin master you are! I post out of boredom every now and then. You post cause you have no life.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    How did everyone else get slapped for not jumping on the glitch? You had the security of knowing you definitely wouldn't have been banned for it, and you had the satisfaction of knowing you didn't use glitch. If those two reasons weren't good enough for you, then you should have just glitched. How come you thought those were good enough reasons before? It's not PWI's fault your mind is now changed, it's yours and yours alone.

Both of those reasons why people didn't glitch still holds true no matter what happened to people who did the glitch or what PWI did to fix it. Did you get banned for not using the glitch? Do others accuse you of having leveled using goons? If not then you got what you expected of your actions, simple as that. I'm surprised at people who claim to be adults QQing about how punished they got for not having glitched. You don't always get rewarded for not doing bad things in life, you get to move on. That's just how life is.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm surprised at people who claim to be adults QQing about how punished they got for not having glitched.

But that isn't what this thread is about. It's about a company following through with their promised actions.

Look, PWE offers this game for free, but they want you to pay. Why would people feel comfortable giving money to a company that doesn't enforce their own rules, and doesn't follow through with promises they make?

Frankie had the perfect "out", if you will. He could have simply replied to this thread with a "Whoops, my bad, turns out we decided we aren't going to do anything after all.". He could also have ignored it, as he did the previous thread which got closed due to derailment. But he didn't do that. Instead he reiterated his previous claim, that punishment is on the way.

Since the dragoon exp has already been nerfed into the ground, surely he has no reason to continue on with that line as a means of deterring players from using the glitch. Therefore there is no reason to continue to claim that action is coming if in fact they plan to do nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    It's what a previous post mentioned, and I've read that many times from various posters already.

Besides, a lot of the glitchers were very comfortable paying money to this company, they got R9 for themselves, their alts, and their mothers. People have already pointed out that actually going through their threat would cut off a significant portion of the paying player base, so I guess that answers your question about not feeling comfortable paying right there.

About why frankie simply can't say he won't let it go, that's for him to answer. I just post because I can.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • HardTimes - Lost City
    HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    as much as i hate to say it, and i will point out that i didnt even try to read everyone post so sorry if i upset anyone.

but everyone needs to get over this freaking glitch already. ( oh he 105 and im 103 ) get over yourself. personally im tired seeing this same topic re-posted over and over. if your playing any other class then a sin then you have nothing to complain about. a lv 105 player not going to kill you any better then another player at lv 101 with the same gear and refines.

this game is more about your gear and the skills you have playing, a few extra lv's don't mean **** if you dont have the gear or the skill to fight with.

now should ppl be band for glitching to 105? no they shouldn't. that's the same as saying everyone who ever did CC glitch or use claws in tiger and fox form, anyone who ever walked threw a door should be band. if everyone starts getting band for something thats not even a big deal then this game will start getting lonely vary fast.

in the end, a few extra lv's mean nothing. im lv 101 and ive killed ppl higher lv then me before and i will do it again.
  • Kirbs - Heavens Tear
    Kirbs - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That doesn't show that he cares to see people banned. That only shows that he can see PWE's lack of action because he personally knows people who glitched and knows that they have not been punished.

As I said before, if Frankie came here tomorrow and said "Oh, hey, yeah, we changed our minds. We aren't going to punish anyone who used the glitch", that would be the end of the discussion. This is about PWE making claims of action and then not following through with them. This has nothing to do with any personal vendetta against other players.

So basically what you're saying is, monitoring their log-in's, implies that he doesn't care? rofl.. please use your common sense. How would he know whether or not they're banned? Someone may have been banned for a day or two, but how does he know exactly that action hasn't already been taken? He would not know without monitoring or asking people, therefore implying he does care. You won't win, just give up.

Edit; You should join Tremble's guild, he's known to be quite a QQ'er on HT, and it seems you must be quite the same on your server? Anybody from RT server able to confirm?
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The immense stupidity of few recent posters saddens kitty. I feel like it has to be trolls but meh, I really am this bored.

1. It`s been stated several times that this is simply to see if PWE follows their claims.

2. The advantage of glitch is mostly irrelevant as this glitch was widely known as glitch and as bannable offense. Saying like players didnt know better is just a lie, a funny joke at best.

3. The whole "Lol you trying to ban your friends" is funny due how stupid that statement is. He isnt telling PWE to ban anybody, he is telling them to take whatever action they choose to and as it`s been stated to be bans by PWE, he has only used that to prove how he knows actions has yet to be taken. He is not going personally after his friends who glitched and saying like he should worry bout personal choices of his friends is quite amusing.

Now to the ones why reply is quite relevant.

4. If no action is taken after it`s promised - There really is no point of not abusing glitches. I mentioned the current TW glitch w/o naming it but I`m not talking bout the ancient Seeker glitch that has been fixed I heard. Funny how that glitch was due seekers as...

5. This all leads us to question if this game is supposed to be glitched or not. Abusing glitches gives advantage but they are stated as glitches for a reason. Punishments are only to direct the behavior to follow what devs had in mind while creating this game - They arent bout revenge/etc.

6. Does PWE intend to do anything to fix whatever imbalance was created by abusing this glitch. Any unfair advantage has a problem with equality and fairness. I`m not suggesting banning the players whom glitched but neglecting the advantage gained by giving similar advantage to others to balance matters. I really like the idea of "talk to npc for lvl 105" as it`s the biggest punishment PWE can give to glitchers - making their "effort" a joke.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    How did everyone else get slapped for not jumping on the glitch? You had the security of knowing you definitely wouldn't have been banned for it, and you had the satisfaction of knowing you didn't use glitch. If those two reasons weren't good enough for you, then you should have just glitched. How come you thought those were good enough reasons before? It's not PWI's fault your mind is now changed, it's yours and yours alone.

Both of those reasons why people didn't glitch still holds true no matter what happened to people who did the glitch or what PWI did to fix it. Did you get banned for not using the glitch? Do others accuse you of having leveled using goons? If not then you got what you expected of your actions, simple as that. I'm surprised at people who claim to be adults QQing about how punished they got for not having glitched. You don't always get rewarded for not doing bad things in life, you get to move on. That's just how life is.

Hehe I wasn't talking about me. I'm 100 and will forever remain 100 until I get the motivation on why I should get to 101 or whatever. I'm at 0%. Goon glitching seemed like to much of a hassle. Didn't really like doing the ones near Holeen. I was mainly stating I could get how some people feel. They were told glitching is bad, follow the rules or you will get banned, and they believed it. You follow the rules and you get punished is what basically PW did to them is what I see. Yes maybe they should have glitched but how were they suppose to know that the rules were invalid. What security? There was no way to know that, unless I missed a post saying it was allowed, and all this QQing from people is really for nothing.

Do any glitchers really care about being called goon glitchers, if they are still having fun in the game? Even if they are banned, I doubt the ban will be permanent. Those who did get into trouble are enjoying themselves. I don't think anyone was looking to get rewarded, they didn't expect to get punished. Slapped in the face. Goons are nerfed because people whined about it in forums that people were abusing it. b:chuckle

Ive made 2, now 3 posts to this thread. First one was a joke. Incredibly funny he openly wants his friends banned.

Second was to help you little people move on.

Third, well because, your point is moot. It has nothing to do with right/wrong on wanting answers. It's about wasting your time. GMs do not care. I did not take the time to "keep checking on this". It happened to be at top when I logged on. I was amazed this topic is still going. ROFL before tonight I have not posted to this thread! I have NOT been following it. Quite the little spin master you are! I post out of boredom every now and then. You post cause you have no life.

You posted your joke, which was fine but then you came back. Just because it's on top doesn't mean you have to respond to it more then once. Unless you do care. You came back a second time just to tell him to move on. Meaning you were watching out for this. Maybe because no one quoted your joke or whatever. But I still think you care in some way or you wouldn't be coming back after that first one with a comment about moving on. You even felt you had to defend yourself and then tried to insult me. Just what I think don't take it personal b:chuckle

Seriously let the people QQ. They want answers and I think they should get them. They may or may not get it. If they don't get it, this topic will die just like the Caster QQ thread.
  • CrabSticks - Lost City
    CrabSticks - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    as much as i hate to say it, and i will point out that i didnt even try to read everyone post so sorry if i upset anyone.

but everyone needs to get over this freaking glitch already. ( oh he 105 and im 103 ) get over yourself. personally im tired seeing this same topic re-posted over and over. if your playing any other class then a sin then you have nothing to complain about. a lv 105 player not going to kill you any better then another player at lv 101 with the same gear and refines.

this game is more about your gear and the skills you have playing, a few extra lv's don't mean **** if you dont have the gear or the skill to fight with.

now should ppl be band for glitching to 105? no they shouldn't. that's the same as saying everyone who ever did CC glitch or use claws in tiger and fox form, anyone who ever walked threw a door should be band. if everyone starts getting band for something thats not even a big deal then this game will start getting lonely vary fast.

in the end, a few extra lv's mean nothing. im lv 101 and ive killed ppl higher lv then me before and i will do it again.

Im a sin and i got the right to QQ.
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Idc about those ppl getting banned or not, but if u tell that higher lvl doesnt do anything, u never met sins that overlvl u and use macro 2spark-frenzy-wind shield-autoshot.. Those are just annoying b:cute
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    lol, what it boils down to is this.....
    the glitch was widely known, the GMs were aware of the glitch and publicly announced that it was a BANNABLE glitch, GMs have since stated that action would be taken against the worst offenders, and yet nothing has been done
    if no action is taken or reason given why no action is taken, the GMs are essentially giving the go ahead to exploit and abuse any glitch found in the game
    i don't understand what is so hard to understand about that
    not everyone that would like the issue addressed wants to see everyone banned, and not everyone that wants to see it addressed is someone who couldn't goon glitch....i myself went twice (once on my wiz just to see and once on my cleric to help) and could've gone more but deicided i'd rather not risk the ban....was that my choice? absolutely and its one that i am fine with
    would i have gone more had the GMs had the go ahead attitude that they've adopted now? meh idk, i dont think 105 is that big of a deal and im too cheap to buy the charms and hypers for it lol
    my issue with the entire thing is that i don't like seeing glitches abused to the extent that this one was without action taken, if they do nothing here then what about the next glitch?
    one can claim its all PWEs fault until they are blue in the face, but thats bs....every single person that gooned (myself included) made the decision to risk a ban by abusing a glitch...even if the GMs had not declared it a bannable glitch, its in the ToS plain as day, PWE didnt force a single one of those people to take advantage of it
    at the end of the day, they either punish people for abusing glitches or they don't....to me, this thread is about getting that question answered
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Day 35 of waiting for PWE staff to give us an update.
    So basically what you're saying is, monitoring their log-in's, implies that he doesn't care? rofl.. please use your common sense. How would he know whether or not they're banned? Someone may have been banned for a day or two, but how does he know exactly that action hasn't already been taken? He would not know without monitoring or asking people, therefore implying he does care. You won't win, just give up.

Edit; You should join Tremble's guild, he's known to be quite a QQ'er on HT, and it seems you must be quite the same on your server? Anybody from RT server able to confirm?

When you can't win an argument via forums, it's best to result to personal attacks, aye? Firstly, you're posting on an alt. One click to your name and I get sent to BEASTisBOSS's Core Connect; a 105 Barb on Heaven's Tear who turned 105 during goon-glitch season and is in a rival faction.

What could I possibly be implying here? No implications, just having a little enjoyment. As for me "QQ"ing... Again, no.

Lastly, I know who hasn't been banned that is on my friend's list via Skype/Vent. Not when they log in. But this again, isn't really interesting me. I'm merely observing that Frankieraye never followed through as of yet, with the original statement. Because of this, we are looking for an update. He gave us a mini-update saying there would be more info about a week ago. Unfortunately thats not much of an update to his original statement.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    u know its stated in ToS that they actually dont need to do anything if they dont want to? lol
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    shashahah wrote: »
    u know its stated in ToS that they actually dont need to do anything if they dont want to? lol

it says abusing glitches can result in a ban...it needs to say more than that? do they need to include pictures or more explicit statements for you to understand?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    it says abusing glitches can result in a ban...it needs to say more than that? do they need to include pictures or more explicit statements for you to understand?

It didn't say shall now did it... Seriously you're still complaining about this? Don't you guys have anything better to do? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    lol might as well make this a sticky, I doubt u get a rply from a GM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    It didn't say shall now did it...

it didn't need to...the GMs tacked that part on when they said people WOULD be banned for doing it b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Aren't all of you, on both sides of the argument here, dwelling too much on what GMs say?

GMs also said +11/+12 orb sales cause client instability.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can know people are around without actively searching for them (i.e. seeing them run by you, seeing them talk on WC).
    I'm a QQer because I was kind enough to try to explain Tremble's position to people who keep reading stuff into it that isn't there? That's a new one. b:chuckle

For the record, the Head Hunter is pretty much my only source of QQ. &#*$ chips!
    b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The obvious answer is no it will not happen. PWI was never serious about glitches or multiclienting more than two accounts or PK in SP or any other things they say that is bannable. I have shared accounts on another game, and it was stated that it was bannable and yes I have said that in the public forum. I was never banned, why? That is because it does not interfere with the company. It is not a surprise on PWE either, knowing that they make up promiseaves people hanging. Heck, people could just go on other's account and buy boutique for them. Cash shoppers have immunity, none of this hurts the gms or developers. Or even the player base sometimes. Tremble, I would take that as a false promise. Glitching goons hurts nobody, people have got mad, I do not see why... Level 105 means absolutely nothing... beyond 100 is just wasting time anyway.

Also I find this thread amusing that trolls are calling others, and the OP a troll without reading properly.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Sneasel - Harshlands
    Sneasel - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    How can you tell? You don't even know who did it. You don't even know how long they would have been banned?

They won't tell you 'Oh hey look, we banned them now.' Seriously, when did you see PWE giving out that kind of information about bans?

most people know who the hardcore abusers were for their servers based on the damm world chats that were going on .. not hard to figure it out .. only new players would have no idea .. i could give you a list of at least 40 people on harshlands server ( and believe me there were alot more then that ) who abused said problem on a massive scale !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    most people know who the hardcore abusers were for their servers based on the damm world chats that were going on .. not hard to figure it out .. only new players would have no idea .. i could give you a list of at least 40 people on harshlands server ( and believe me there were alot more then that ) who abused said problem on a massive scale !

Can you prove that whoever world chatted about it actually did it? Nope, because you weren't there with them :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sneasel - Harshlands
    Sneasel - Harshlands Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Can you prove that whoever world chatted about it actually did it? Nope, because you weren't there with them :p

actually we can .. ALOT of them posted off site screenshots to "brag" about the hord kills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012

you do realize there are logs right?
    that given a name the GMs could very easily see if that person gooned or not?
    that there is NO other way in which to level from 103 to 105 in 10 days making it possible to identify gooners by level alone?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    there is NO other way in which to level from 103 to 105 in 10 days making it possible to identify gooners by level alone?

Actually, there is... but you'd have to stockpile the **** out of these.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited March 2012
    Actually, there is... but you'd have to stockpile the **** out of these.b:shutup

stockpile is the understatement of the year lol, i wonder how long it would take to sit there and click all of them o.O
This discussion has been closed.