Upcoming New Skill Info (more details)

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    First post updated with official skill names and translation. WTF is with blazing arrow breaking stealth lol >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Maybe they think the 10 second buff on Demon Blazing arrow is too powerful.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    20s foolcake!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I guess it's just a way for you to turn off stealth without having to attack or use sparks.
    You can cast Ataraxia again to turn it off but would have to wait 2 minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Pouroush - Raging Tide
    Pouroush - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The OP says that the range increase is 6, so it would be at 40m. Demon has the upper-hand in this case. 38m range is still good and gets 12 barrages off in the buff time while sage only get 10. But either way I would imagine a sin could easily jump to you to stop boa.

Sin tele skill ranges max to 35 meters in that contrast they can reach a demon faster than sage.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Of all the things i lost i miss my Mind the Most "b:victory b:laugh

Pour b:cool
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sin tele skill ranges max to 35 meters in that contrast they can reach a demon faster than sage.....

Because to walk an extra metre takes so long right? Also, demon tele has 40 metre range.
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

ijs, that is no point at all.... its not like the sin is stupid enough to run into the barrage and telestuns from the centre of the barrage... he would probably come from some flank
  • Pouroush - Raging Tide
    Pouroush - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hmmmm i see the point there that its simply better to release ur attack fast before getting sealed n stunned n stuff.....so demon BoA has an upper hand there as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Of all the things i lost i miss my Mind the Most "b:victory b:laugh

Pour b:cool
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So Arrow Inferno is a waste skill right? What is the use of that skill?

scenario:

Archer: haha i will make it easier for everyone to kill that cata Barb. - uses Arrow Inferno-

at the same time:

Cleric sees the archer casting Arrow Inferno and hits the purify button

Cleric: GTFO.

Archer: Why u ***** QQ
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nothing new...we've had that situation with Blood Vow for 2 years now. Of course if your squad is decent the cata cleric should be killed or SotG before trying to take down a cata barb.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    but talking about some mechanic changing skills eh? well, guess archer is not at the long shot with the new skills, when you compare them to other strategy possibilities of other classes
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Stealth and two leaps sounds mechanic changing to me. Now you can sit above enemy B gate and kill their cata clerics and some more from range.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    stealth is not mechanic changing at all, if you look at the new seeker or mystic skill... most cata squads will be forced to have 1-2 mystics in squad mystic reveals those archers or seeker telestuns and knocks them out.... same for sin
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    1-2 mystics per cata squad...my faction which was the land holding faction on RT before the reset have 3 mystics in the faction each TW.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well whatever u no what i am trying to tell you lol
  • Eroz - Harshlands
    Eroz - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I thought I'd share the points you need for each skill:

Leaps - 337 & 338
    Ataraxia - 675
    Arrow Inferno - 675
    Galvanic Charge - 15
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Galvanic BoA is awesomeness.
    Now you can sit above enemy B gate and kill their cata clerics and some more from range.

You didn't already do this? Also, I prefer sitting on their gates, holding them inside. Walls ftw.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Galvanic BoA is awesomeness.

You didn't already do this? Also, I prefer sitting on their gates, holding them inside. Walls ftw.

Funnily enough I couldn't do it alone.
  • /eren - Dreamweaver159
    /eren - Dreamweaver159 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    blazing arrow breaks stealth cuz you have a giant ball of pulsing red light in your hand that represents fire. set yourself on fire once then see how stealthy you can be about it :3
  • brisingraz
    brisingraz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Stealth level = char level + 30

That means you can be seen by:
    - same level sins
    - seekers 1 level lower using their new +31 detect level skill
    - mystics 1 level lower using their skill (I think)
    - same level characters using a detection pot (+30 detect level)
    - characters 1 level lower using the revelation pot (+31 detect level from maiden embrace chest)

The new detect pots from maiden embrace / blood theater do not use apoth cool down.

According to ectatomb your stealth lvl is increased by 31 and your speed is reduced to 0.1m/s
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
  • davkese
    davkese Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi.. Sins have a passive skills that let them highen their stealth and stealth detection level.
    Meaning a sins stealth detection level is higher than normal if the passive skill is leveled up
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So far Galvanic Charge is pretty usefull in TW.

Helped a lot to kill nasty defensive range people who stood on their walls b:pleased
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So far Galvanic Charge is pretty usefull in TW.

Helped a lot to kill nasty defensive range people who stood on their walls b:pleased

Eh, those can generally be killed just fine without the use of GC. I couldn't even hit towers from the spot behind the enemy spawn with GC on, pretty disappointing.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    In my opinion, a lot of the new skills are for the moderately-geared to help them fight against the better-geared with some coordination and teamwork. An archer can presumably try to debuff other targets that would otherwise 1 shot them and set them up to be killed by their better-geared teammates. You would use such skills as stun, freeze, hp debuff, without being retaliated against as well as contribute some damage.

This can be seen from sins' AOE stealth, clerics' new skills, etc as well. It's probably designed to prevent a repeat of last reset...where a squad of R9s defend against a much larger number of lesser-geared people in TW.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    In my opinion, a lot of the new skills are for the moderately-geared to help them fight against the better-geared with some coordination and teamwork. An archer can presumably try to debuff other targets that would otherwise 1 shot them and set them up to be killed by their better-geared teammates. You would use such skills as stun, freeze, hp debuff, without being retaliated against as well as contribute some damage.

This can be seen from sins' AOE stealth, clerics' new skills, etc as well. It's probably designed to prevent a repeat of last reset...where a squad of R9s defend against a much larger number of lesser-geared people in TW.

Nail meets hammer. ^

Pretty much. Though I would argue that 'potentially' the biggest game changer is the barb's anti-flight AoE thingy (Have it learned and I can't recall the name rofl). It has a huge radius and casts pretty quickly. I decimate ranged classes that love to kite barbs with that in duels (soon to be in nab TW if I throw my barb into a land holding faction). Also random, but that Barb AoE is hilariously huge in heads room, ijs.

Galvanic, so far, isn't as useful as I thought it would be. I still kill most things rather easily without it, but it is useful for combatting other archers, especially when their survivability (+10 cube necks/etc) is probably better than my own (my faction shouldn't have a substantially challenging TW for another 2 weeks or so).
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

edited March 2012
    Options
    Well it certainly does give the lesser-geared more tools to work with, but the same skills are available to the heavily geared as well. Not that a +10-12 R9 needs extra help dealing with an average-geared person.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Nail meets hammer. ^

Pretty much. Though I would argue that 'potentially' the biggest game changer is the barb's anti-flight AoE thingy (Have it learned and I can't recall the name rofl). It has a huge radius and casts pretty quickly. I decimate ranged classes that love to kite barbs with that in duels (soon to be in nab TW if I throw my barb into a land holding faction). Also random, but that Barb AoE is hilariously huge in heads room, ijs.

Galvanic, so far, isn't as useful as I thought it would be. I still kill most things rather easily without it, but it is useful for combatting other archers, especially when their survivability (+10 cube necks/etc) is probably better than my own (my faction shouldn't have a substantially challenging TW for another 2 weeks or so).

I don't pvp but can that barb aoe be evaded? Just wondering if you happen to have Blessing of the Condor up if it can be dodged maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I don't pvp but can that barb aoe be evaded? Just wondering if you happen to have Blessing of the Condor up if it can be dodged maybe.

It isn't 100% success rate and doesn't work on players 5 levels higher than the barb. My barb is only level 91 so I am unable to test it against anything heavily geared. My barb is also only 91, and as such, not heavily geared. I assume r8/r9/Full Nirv Cata barbs in TW could make use of it due to the mass amount of people in the air it is basically guaranteed to hit someone.

Retired from PWI.

edited March 2012
    Options
    From what barbs tell me, there isn't much to worry about.

They've all been complaining about how weak it is >.>
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    From what barbs tell me, there isn't much to worry about.

They've all been complaining about how weak it is >.>

It is very low damage. But dropping entire air squads to ground level with it could be disaster with the right strategy.

On topic:

Anyone have any of the new skills (Galvanic aside) learned yet?

Retired from PWI.