Upcoming New Skill Info (more details)

Options

Comments

• Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Any archer who blows 2 sparks to increase their crit rate by 25% is an idiot, when just using single spark saves time, sparks, and results in a similar increase in damage.

stealth/ wait/range and crit buff/ chi pot or chi genie/ spark/ shoot shoot shoot/ jump to max range/ shoot shoot/ turn and jump to max range/ shoot shoot/ stun/ shoot shoot (or shoot shoot shoot for sage)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    stealth/ wait/range and crit buff/ chi pot or chi genie/ spark/ shoot shoot shoot/ jump to max range/ shoot shoot/ turn and jump to max range/ shoot shoot/ stun/ shoot shoot (or shoot shoot shoot for sage)

While I agree that the wizard who suggested that its a waste of 2 sparks for an archer to use increase range skill is an idiot. You are not far behind for suggesting such an worthless combo.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I can see the range buff being useful in TW to push back the front lines and to barrage spawn towers. Really though if you have 2 sparks in TW you will be constantly looking for something to barrage.

If you have 4 sparks needed for a ranged barrage, I'd probably still just use my standard ... WoG -> HP in -> IG > Barrage > AD > Barrage a bit more > Alacrity back to safety. 16s of invulnerable barrage with a pretty safe exit.

It's a shame that we can't cancel glitch this buff now that we finally have a buff worth cancel casting... Actually maybe cancel glitch only works on canceled attacks and not pure self buffs? I never remember being able to cancel glitch deaden nerves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Ya only attacks

Couldn't cancel glitch fire arrows witch archer but could cancel glitch crit/quicken buffs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    While I agree that the wizard who suggested that its a waste of 2 sparks for an archer to use increase range skill is an idiot. You are not far behind for suggesting such an worthless combo.

Here's how I look at it if you can't see the strategy:

1. In TW, are you gonna use your 2 sparks for Barrage and wings of grace, or to shoot from an extra 6 meters for possibly 6 shots (which might not even end up killing someone, and then you're stuck walking forward when the range buff expires)?

2. If you're ganking an unsuspecting person in PK, does it really matter if you start from 34m away or 40m? Which is gonna kill him faster, 59% crit rate and regular damage or a 34% crit rate and 50-60% more damage (which is what double spark gives you)?

3. If you're attacking someone who already knows you're there, the 2.3 seconds you waste casting your self buff means he's at least 10 meters closer to you than before. 6m extra range isn't gonna help you there.

Then again if the best thing you can think of to use 2 sparks is to get 6m extra range for 5 shots, then I can see how you'd think it would be useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Noveriot - Heavens Tear
    Noveriot - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im thinking that people will use the buff to kill kiting people about to die or something, but even then, it's not really worth it..

But has anyone seen what the buffs are for the skill? One encompassing self-buff, or three?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Or you can barrage their spawn. Unbuffed people without chi...
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Or you can barrage their spawn. Unbuffed people without chi...

Tasty PK kills... b:dirty
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

What's wrong with it? I always find it hard to keep away from 30k hp opponents before they get to me and stunlock. This combo seems ideal for the task. And critting a spark ten times in a row is the only way for an archer to really finish off a maxed barb.

Btw i enjoy rpk more than TW so I'm not talking about TW here.

And yea I pk where all players are lvl 150 with maxed out gear (but no rank 9 or Blessing) because I don't have enough real-life money to do it here.

To sum up, in situations where all shards and refines are maxed an archer wants to be critting all her spark attacks and maintaining range.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    3. If you're attacking someone who already knows you're there, the 2.3 seconds you waste casting your self buff means he's at least 10 meters closer to you than before. 6m extra range isn't gonna help you there.

Then again if the best thing you can think of to use 2 sparks is to get 6m extra range for 5 shots, then I can see how you'd think it would be useful.

Or you can use the buff as you see your target approaching from around 50 metres and then stunlock them well before they can hit you. 'Oh hello deadzone, I see you've put on some weight b:laugh'

Also, the combination of 40 metres+ BoA is incredibly appealing. Before you say it isn't a practical use of chi may I point you towards: Master Li's Technique, White Tea, Cloud Eruption and Awaken?
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here's how I look at it if you can't see the strategy:

1. In TW, are you gonna use your 2 sparks for Barrage and wings of grace, or to shoot from an extra 6 meters for possibly 6 shots (which might not even end up killing someone, and then you're stuck walking forward when the range buff expires)?

2. If you're ganking an unsuspecting person in PK, does it really matter if you start from 34m away or 40m? Which is gonna kill him faster, 59% crit rate and regular damage or a 34% crit rate and 50-60% more damage (which is what double spark gives you)?

1. I might have the second best archer weapon in game... but at least its at max refine. It's more likely to one shot an unsuspecting cata cleric (on any given shot) then not have a single kill in a buff cycle... especially if i get toward the high end of 9 shots. And if I wanted raw damage over range... I would have made a sin and go double spark in someone's face. there is a reason that archers are generally preferred over sin in tw area control.

2. If i am ganking someone in open pk... I won't use either double spark or range buff.

3. This is just pure stupidity in all its glory... even for a suggestion. Its on the same level as a BM who triple sparks at 30 meter range and proceed to try to claw its target to death.
    What's wrong with it? I always find it hard to keep away from 30k hp opponents before they get to me and stunlock. This combo seems ideal for the task. And critting a spark ten times in a row is the only way for an archer to really finish off a maxed barb.

What wrong with it? You are applying the best case scenario to yourself... and assuming that your opponent is an absolute idiot.
    And yea I pk where all players are lvl 150 with maxed out gear (but no rank 9 or Blessing) because I don't have enough real-life money to do it here.

Yea... you been playing against level 150 on a closed server. That other guy has been playing since close beta. And that other guy who can't kill me, but knows a guy who can wipe the floor with me. All these are meaningless. If you want to say something... at least make sure you can at least remotely accomplish it yourself on the patch in question.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well imo, the range buff's best use is when your are fighting casters at the first place. You can make sure to really get the first hit. And that's about it when it comes to fights range vs range.

And if anything is still going wrong ( huge lag spike) you can use leap now :D
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The range buff would be useful and makes more sense if it was a passive, or at least a buff that lasts longer. I wouldn't even mind it costing a spark for 5 minute buff.

But 2 sparks for 30 sec? :|

They should at least make it comparable to using 2 sparks for more useful things....like barrage....

What does 5-9 crit mean? -_- Can't be guaranteed crits because that would be pretty broken...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    My view of the ray break skill is that it will allow archers with lesser gears to be periodically useful in TW. The uber geared archers will prolly be better off sticking to the same tactics they are using now. But someone TWing with TT90 gear might be better off building chi in the back and then periodically using the ray break skill to do something useful and then heading back to build more chi or whatever.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A lot of the updates are focused on making people contribute regardless of gear. Can an archer with **** gear do anything useful in TW with 2 sparks or even barrage? That's debatable. Barrage and deal 1k damage in an AOE? WOW! Double spark and draw attention to yourself and get one shot? WOW!

However, an archer with **** gear and extra range might be able to kill some base buffers or unsuspecting clerics behind the front lines. I know it's only like 6 meters range, but it's still easier access than before.

That's not to say that it's useless to people with good gear. An archer with decent gear and extra range will still be better than an archer with **** gear and extra range obviously. This would also be most practical for air squads, where extra range would help more than anything else.

Same thing can be said for Sunset Arrow...a debuff on the better-geared opponents will be very useful contribution if your gear is too **** to kill the opponent.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Maybe we're lucky and the first 4-9 hits are guaranteed crits? Google translate kinda fails for that part. Qui what does that part say?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It says dis :3

射程提高6米,下几次攻击暴
    击率提高25%,持续30秒。
    暴击提升次数与自身的魂力有关,
    最低5次,最高9次。

Range increased by 6 meters, next few hits have crit rate increased by 25%, lasts 30s.
    Number of attacks with increased crit rate is dependent on soulforce,
    lowest 5 times, highest 9 times.

It doesn't say range is increased for the next few hits, only crit rate. To me that means range is increased for 30s.

Teehee
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Might actually be worth something if it's 5 guaranteed crits, but considering PW's habit of gimping archers as much as possible, I have my doubts. Maybe it's an extra 5-9% crit on top of the 25%, depending on soulforce? Not that 70ish % crit is shabby in itself....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well imo, the range buff's best use is when your are fighting casters at the first place. You can make sure to really get the first hit. And that's about it when it comes to fights range vs range.

And if anything is still going wrong ( huge lag spike) you can use leap now :D

Archers more or less is guarantee first hit on casters anyways... without any range buffs.
    laloner wrote: »
    My view of the ray break skill is that it will allow archers with lesser gears to be periodically useful in TW. The uber geared archers will prolly be better off sticking to the same tactics they are using now. But someone TWing with TT90 gear might be better off building chi in the back and then periodically using the ray break skill to do something useful and then heading back to build more chi or whatever.

Maybe in lowbie TW. I don't see any sub r8 to be even remotely useful when every last archer got 100 attack levels and 20k+ p.atk.
    Might actually be worth something if it's 5 guaranteed crits, but considering PW's habit of gimping archers as much as possible, I have my doubts. Maybe it's an extra 5-9% crit on top of the 25%, depending on soulforce? Not that 70ish % crit is shabby in itself....

I am actually more interested in the duration of the extra range. If its 30 seconds... and considering the only other decent sage archer is on my side... that an 8 meter advantage over anything else. From my experience the line between life and death is often shorter then 8 meters. Might even TW again to test out my (possibility) new 40 meter 30 second barrage.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Archers more or less is guarantee first hit on casters anyways... without any range buffs.

Maybe in lowbie TW. I don't see any sub r8 to be even remotely useful when every last archer got 100 attack levels and 20k+ p.atk.

I am actually more interested in the duration of the extra range. If its 30 seconds... and considering the only other decent sage archer is on my side... that an 8 meter advantage over anything else. From my experience the line between life and death is often shorter then 8 meters. Might even TW again to test out my (possibility) new 40 meter 30 second barrage.

Do you think if you barrage at 40 meters it'll stop when the buff runs out? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Do you think if you barrage at 40 meters it'll stop when the buff runs out? :p

I doubt it. People have to run very far away to get enough range to break barrage. It is able to follow them for quite a distance even when you barrage at max range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Excellent. Radiance will cry even harder about spawn killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Excellent. Radiance will cry even harder about spawn killing.

Come to LC and do it plz :<

Last time KB did a TW and we got spawn killed in it the whole entire vent wouldn't quit whining about it >.<''

I mean ****ing hell...maybe it's cause I came from HT and I was used to enrage spawn killing people or something...but damn all the ******** I heard from that TW made me so exhausted of KB....
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    When I ran squads for my old fac, we'd get spammed that we'd be reported for spawn killing because it was "bannable." I never actually verified this, though none of us was ever banned.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Perhaps the range buff is just 30s but the crit buff has no time limit? (Adds 25% crit to your next 5-9 attacks)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I doubt it. People have to run very far away to get enough range to break barrage. It is able to follow them for quite a distance even when you barrage at max range.

My 34 meters barrage was stopped a number of times by mystic's 12 meter knock back... so I am going to assume that 12 meters outside of the "normal" range will knock out barrage. While I'll concede that currently an 34 meter sage archer can set up a 36 meter barrage. With that being said... I have my doubts barrage will continue once the range buff runs out.

On the flip side... TW would be so ****ed up if barrage doesn't stop after range buff. Pop a couple of 42 meter barrages on spawn tower and that will guarantee an speedy end to any TW.
    Perhaps the range buff is just 30s but the crit buff has no time limit? (Adds 25% crit to your next 5-9 attacks)

My understanding is that the range buff lasts 30 seconds. The crit buff last 30 seconds or 5-9 shots... which ever comes first.

And Aes... where is that TWO things that you promised to send me. Yea... I didn't forget.

edited December 2011
    Options
    On the flip side... TW would be so ****ed up if barrage doesn't stop after range buff. Pop a couple of 42 meter barrages on spawn tower and that will guarantee an speedy end to any TW.

If you're able to setup that barrage without being stunned or interrupted the TW was already over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you're able to setup that barrage without being stunned or interrupted the TW was already over.

Right now its not possible for any archer to setup a spawn/base/tower barrage with decent target amount for anytime longer then 10 or so seconds. These barrages are usually countered by some stunning class with similar range. Add 6 more meters to that range difference and it gets a lot harder... especially if you just died and don't have time to get buffs.

edited December 2011
    Options
    Right now its not possible for any archer to setup a spawn/base/tower barrage with decent target amount for anytime longer then 10 or so seconds. These barrages are usually countered by some stunning class with similar range. Add 6 more meters to that range difference and it gets a lot harder... especially if you just died and don't have time to get buffs.

Nah if the entire other side has all been pushed back into their spawn (where they will get hit by your barrage) they are already dead. Their only chance is if they did an all-in and you are doing a crystal race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Come to LC and do it plz :<

Last time KB did a TW and we got spawn killed in it the whole entire vent wouldn't quit whining about it >.<''

I mean ****ing hell...maybe it's cause I came from HT and I was used to enrage spawn killing people or something...but damn all the ******** I heard from that TW made me so exhausted of KB....

Naturally people are upset if they're the ones suffering from it. That's why I have no pity for the QQers; the ones who cry the loudest are the most likely to do it themselves given the chance.

@Kiyo: I know :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.