Upcoming New Skill Info (more details)

Options

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Some DD barbs here are R9 with Jades...

the only people that might have a problem with the air to ground thing would be air squads...but air squads shouldn't be flying over the enemy's front lines anyway because that is pretty suicide.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I asked some archer on pw-cn about the stealth skill and he said it gives 30 stealth levels... not 31 :< so sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Anyone know (or can find out) if the new archer stealth skill is similar to a sin's stealth skill where you will reveal yourself if you start attacking a target (while standing still)? The skill description of that stealth skill explains the actions that will break your stealth, but it doesn't exactly word for word say that your stealth mode will end if you start attacking a target - even though I think it does since it will be so op if you can kill while being in stealth xD - there is always that hope. If you use the new teleport skill while in stealth, does that consider as moving? And can it be used while in combat like a sin's shadow escape, or is it more like shadow walk?

I would assume you can use it for combat since the only usefulness of the skill is to escape from being ganked and killed since moving will render it useless.

On a side note, I am a bit disappointed with the new aoe damge skills, particularly Sunset arrow. Not sure why so many are hyped up about it, and then feel disappointed when they get it...

Sunset arrow:
    Mana: 530
    Channel: 3.1s
    Cast: 0.8s
    Cooldown: 60s
    Required Weapon: Ranged

attack target and all enemies 8meters around, base+250% weapon + 1500 dmg, decrease their hp recovery by 20% , pot 30%, increase charm cooldown by 3sec. Effect lasts 30s.

Costs 1 spark
    Takes 3 arrows

Cons:
    Long Channeling (3.1 sec)
    Cost one spark
    Small area of effect (8 meters only?)
    Skill effect - hp regan doesn't matter much in pvp as you can get killed in a few secs if ganked.
    Medium damage -Just for a comparison, seeker's Gemi slash is:

Attacks the enemies within 12 meters to the target,
    and deals base Physical damage, plus
    450% of weapon damage, plus 5500.
    Use on a target with the Spirit Bore status to deal massive Metal damage
    and reduce the target's Attack and Defense level.
    Deals an additional 2000 damage for sage.

Then again, the sunset arrow skill is based on weapon damage %, and a bow does have higher weapon attack than a sword, so the damage might be almost as good as gemi slash.
  • Mrfishstink - Harshlands
    Mrfishstink - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

left Wing Chord Leap
    Instant Cast
    mana: 166
    Cooldown: 35s

Required Weapon: Ranged Weapons

Leaps 20 Meters Left. [no Chi Cost It Seems]

suck
    right Wing Chord Leap
    Instant Cast
    mana: 166
    Cooldown: 35s

Required Weapon: Ranged Weapons

Leaps 20 Meters Right. [no Chi Cost It Seems]

suck
    ray Break:
    Mana 216
    Channel 1.4 Seconds
    Cast 1.0 Seconds
    cooldown 180.0 Seconds
    Requisite Weapon: Ranged Weapons

Attack Range+6, Crit Rate By 15% For 20sec. 4 - 8 Crits Based On Soulforce
    2 Sparks Cost

somewhat Does Not Suck

greater Ray Break:
    Mana 272
    Channel 1.4 Seconds
    Cast 1.0 Seconds
    Cooldown 180.0 Seconds
    Requisite Weapon: Ranged Weapons

Attack Range+6, Crit Rate By 25% For 30sec. 5 - 9 Crits Based On Soulforce
    2 Sparks Cost

decent

quiet:
    Mana 121
    Channel 0.8s
    Cast 0.6s
    cooldown 120s
    Weapon : Ranged

enter Stealth 50mp/sec

moving, Using {winged Shell?} Or Spark Will Break Stealth. [raises Stealth Level By 30]

how Is This Freaking Fair? 120s Cooldown + 50 Mp/sec And Can't Move While In Stealth While Sins Can And Spend Half As Much Mp As Archer!? Wtf Is This!!!?

sunset Arrow:
    mana: 530
    Channel: 3.1s
    Cast: 0.8s
    Cooldown: 60s
    Required Weapon: Ranged

Attack Target And All Enemies 8meters Around, Base+250% Weapon + 1500 Dmg, Decrease Their Hp Recovery By 20% , Pot 30%, Increase Charm Cooldown By 3sec. Effect Lasts 30s.

Costs 1 Spark
    Takes 3 Arrows

ok

brightshadow Arrow:
    Range 18m
    Mana 454
    Channel 1.2s
    Cast 0.6s
    Cooldown 30s
    Required Weapon Ranged

Seal All Targets In A 25meters Line For 3sec, Deal Base+100%weapon + 3200dmg.

Costs 1 Spark

ok. I May Play Archer Again, But Whatever, Assassin Better Than Archer.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Anyone know (or can find out) if the new archer stealth skill is similar to a sin's stealth skill where you will reveal yourself if you start attacking a target (while standing still)? The skill description of that stealth skill explains the actions that will break your stealth, but it doesn't exactly word for word say that your stealth mode will end if you start attacking a target - even though I think it does since it will be so op if you can kill while being in stealth xD - there is always that hope. If you use the new teleport skill while in stealth, does that consider as moving? And can it be used while in combat like a sin's shadow escape, or is it more like shadow walk?

I would assume you can use it for combat since the only usefulness of the skill is to escape from being ganked and killed since moving will render it useless.

I saw an archer use it and attacking knocks you out of stealth. I'm pretty sure it can be used in combat but not 100% sure since he wasn't in combat. Not sure if leap would knock you out but I would guess not.

Also the big benefit of sunset arrow is the charm cooldown increase. You get 30% more time to kill them before charm tick. That's huge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If sunset works like soul degen when it comes to the HP recovery decrease, it'll also make it harder for others to survive via heal over time stuff... which would be rather handy in TW at times.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    If sunset works like soul degen when it comes to the HP recovery decrease, it'll also make it harder for others to survive via heal over time stuff... which would be rather handy in TW at times.

I missed you b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

ok. I May Play Archer Again, But Whatever, Assassin is easy mode.

I see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Mrfishstink - Harshlands
    Mrfishstink - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i See.

I Know That Assassin Is Easy Class, I Get Plvl Faster, And Now I Can Stealth And Win.
  • rahndy
    rahndy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I asked some archer on pw-cn about the stealth skill and he said it gives 30 stealth levels... not 31 :< so sad.

First of all thanks a lot for the Infos Asterelle b:thanks

What I wonder about the stealth skill is:
    Is it our Char LV + Stealth LV (30), or how does it work?

Thanks again n gl all.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »

The effect of this skill is already in existence.
    Psychics have a skill called ●Diminished Vigor:

Range 28.5 meters
    Mana 405
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cast 2.4 seconds

Reduces the target's healing ability.
    Reduces the healing effect of skills by 20%
    Reduces the healing effect of potions by 30%
    Increases the cooldown time of Guardian Charms by 3 seconds
    Lasts 90 seconds.

Diminished Vigor shares a 90 second cooldown with Empowered Vigor.

The cooldown of Guardian Charms is increased by 1 more second (sage).

The only difference is that Sunset arrow takes 2x longer to channel, small area of aoe, cost a spark, last 1/3 the time of diminish vigor and does some damage.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rahndy wrote: »
    First of all thanks a lot for the Infos Asterelle b:thanks

What I wonder about the stealth skill is:
    Is it our Char LV + Stealth LV (30), or how does it work?

Thanks again n gl all.

Stealth level = char level + 30

That means you can be seen by:
    - same level sins
    - seekers 1 level lower using their new +31 detect level skill
    - mystics 1 level lower using their skill (I think)
    - same level characters using a detection pot (+30 detect level)
    - characters 1 level lower using the revelation pot (+31 detect level from maiden embrace chest)

The new detect pots from maiden embrace / blood theater do not use apoth cool down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you forgot lowbie sins using any of those pots.

anyone have a link for all the other's skills? feeling far too lazy to find them myself.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    you forgot lowbie sins using any of those pots.

anyone have a link for all the other's skills? feeling far too lazy to find them myself.

sins can't use detection pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noveriot - Heavens Tear
    Noveriot - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hmm, can anyone elaborate further on the buff icon(s) from Ray Break and Greater Ray Break?

Is it going to be one new, combined buff icon? Or, three separate buff icons?
  • Motifer - Archosaur
    Motifer - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    All I have to say is wow and can't wait. I too also was wondering about the other buff icons. Ray Break and Greater Ray Break. They don't seem to be anywhere on the skill tree pic. I know it's early but how will we be able to attain these skills? Apoc pages, chrono pages or just go to the skills person and get them. Just looking at the descriptions from the skills are making me want to change to Sage...All that chi! b:shocked b:cry Welp using cloud eruption every minute should make it all better. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wht Sunset arrow will do extra dmg for 250% of wep dmg, that sounds impressive, since we lack of skills with % wep dmg

+ uper side effects.... wow, i cant wait for that skill :D

leaps r gonna be awesome too, we will so annoy ppl running to us. b:laugh

But i do think they have to rename the Range Buff, should be named Smexiness Buff.

Oh gawd i can't wait :D
  • Vicarcher - Heavens Tear
    Vicarcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if you are going to come on archer forum then say ur going to go make a sin how about u GTFO u easy mode nub b:bye
  • ahuso
    ahuso Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sounds less than totally crappy. The stealth skill seems useless though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I'm sorry my pink-haired avatar shot you. I would never shoot you. I am an author and I don't shoot people. You can Google me "Anthony Huso" and read my books.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Stealth level = char level + 30

That means you can be seen by:
    - same level sins
    - seekers 1 level lower using their new +31 detect level skill
    - mystics 1 level lower using their skill (I think)
    - same level characters using a detection pot (+30 detect level)
    - characters 1 level lower using the revelation pot (+31 detect level from maiden embrace chest)

The new detect pots from maiden embrace / blood theater do not use apoth cool down.

LOL. I wonder how long it'll take me to ff all of 103 and 104 without any glitches.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Quiet:
    Mana 121
    Channel 0.8s
    Cast 0.6s
    Cooldown 120s
    Weapon : ranged

Enter stealth 50mp/sec

Moving, using {winged shell?} or spark will break stealth. [raises stealth level by 30]

Knew there was a reason I quit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Quiet:
    Mana 121
    Channel 0.8s
    Cast 0.6s
    Cooldown 120s
    Weapon : ranged

Enter stealth 50mp/sec

Moving, using {winged shell?} or spark will break stealth. [raises stealth level by 30]

Knew there was a reason I quit

So an archer can zone a stationary 30-34 meter area via stealth every 2 minutes. This is worse than a sin how?
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't understand the purpose of having a lesser and a greater version of the same ray break skill. Whats the goal behind this?

Also is this jumping left and right supposed to be an anti sin gank skill? I'm trying to understand what the game devs were thinking with all this.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    I don't understand the purpose of having a lesser and a greater version of the same ray break skill. Whats the goal behind this?

Afaik, Asterelle has said the lesser version is a level 80 version and the other is a level 100. Rumor is that you cannot have both and you will have the greater one if 100.

Also is this jumping left and right supposed to be an anti sin gank skill? I'm trying to understand what the game devs were thinking with all this.

There are so many uses for this I don't know where to start. Come in from a 45 degree angle and when a wiz/other caster tries to target you leap away from them putting yourself out of range and in position to launch a stun as they run toward you.

If you are able to turn like the BMs leaps then this is another way for archers to cover alot of ground quickly.

Obviously to avoid sin gank or to just disorient a melee opponent attempting to aps you/a barb.

There are more potential uses as well, but that is fine for now IMO.

responses
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    responses

All you have to do as a BM is press s in between leaps.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Leap is useful for getting away from melees. It was the primary skill I envied wizards for b:laugh Even if the distance isn't as good as distance shrink, having two of them, especially if they cost no chi, is definitely worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The best skill archers got this expansion are the 2 leaps, imo. They don't even have to spend chi like BM's and wizzies do. Just press a and left leap and watch that BM roar fizzle. Or just press left leap even.

Any archer who blows 2 sparks to increase their crit rate by 25% is an idiot, when just using single spark saves time, sparks, and results in a similar increase in damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    @Devoted: Thanks, perhaps the camera turning I was thinking of distance shrink? I can't recall. Maybe I was just really noob when I had a BM back in 2009... >.>

@Burnout: The best part about that skill (aside from having like 60-65% crit rate to destroy r9s) is the +6 meters to range allowing one to hit from quite a long distance and relative safety.

I agree Leaps seem mega useful.

Retired from PWI.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I can't waaaiit for the leap XD

Though I'll have to redo my hotkeys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well I do think Sunset Arrow is just as awesome, when u get like 30% more time before charm ticks again. But yes imo Leap is the best skill comin for archers

It will be so awesome, and only 35 secs cooldown combines with stuns etc it is more than just fair. That is enough to avoid ganks. **** all melee classes off, or get yourrself out of range from caster classes, while they are still in our range thanks to the range buff.

Well Archers will annoy other people more than before. I love all those kiting skills.