Pretending you was a girl(we all did it)

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You guys should just install some nude mod and be happy with it

b:chuckle

**** glow when IH is cast upon them?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Never had to because I am a girl. LOL I've never asked for things either. That's really messed up. But you can't really put the blame on the ones who pretended to be girls to get things.

Why on earth would some of you guys give away stuff to a person you haven't seen pictures of? Better make sure she has loads of pictures of herself or at least get on skype. If they refuse then something is up. They are either think they are ugly (you can persuade these types) or not a girl.

But the person pretending to be a girl should still not have taken it. The stuff could be stolen and they were trying to get rid of it b:chuckle
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Going off topic here people. Seriously? 6 pages of back 'n' forth? Back to topic please.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I never did that, ure sick, seek help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • MadiLee - Sanctuary
    MadiLee - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm female both in game and real life, I do how ever have two male alts, A BM and Seeker, it seems that they should be males, anyway like any other girl here I'm sure, I've grown tired of guys coming up and trying to sext me up... First it's a game, and a few explicit words on my screen doesn't do anything for me, except make me blacklist you right away. Don't get me wrong, I love meeting new people, and talking, in fact I have made some really great in game friends, that have moved in the my real life :) With that said, I don't get how guys can get all excited about dirty talk in a game. My counter to that is when they stop talking friendly, and start talking nasty, I tell them I'm a guy, but then I say it's ok, I'm inot guys, and tell them to keep going...llol they always stop talking to me right away >:D Sounds silly I know, but when you tell them you're not interested, and they keep going, they cross a line. Maybe, just maybe, if I new the guy was at least my age (27) and really cute (cus I am :p ) then I might flirt back and forth, but chances are he is not either of those two things, I suspect that he is under 18 and that alone makes me not want to take the chance on ending up on sex offenders regisrty lol So thats my 2 cents, guys if you wanna scam other guys thats your thing, but I think karma will find you nad have her way with you...lol
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    HAHA!!I'm a male playing a girl character and I've never done this. But have had a lot of guy's come up to trying to sext me and stuff and I always say I'm a male. b:cute
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    HAHA!!I'm a male playing a girl character and I've never done this. But have had a lot of guy's come up to trying to sext me and stuff and I always say I'm a male. b:cute

Miss that's one sexy cleric you got there. -scoots closer- b:dirty
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When you boys play as a girl character, you're already "pretending" to be a girl, even if it's just in context of the game. Just like you're "pretending" to be a Cleric, Tideborn, etc.

Just putting that out there.

No I play girl toons because I'd rather sit and watch a girl's *** on my screen all day than a guy's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'll say this, if the characters do in fact share minds with us, as you claim it to be. It's also reasonable to assume that they share our culture hangups. After all culture is something that mostly affects the mind, as opposed to things like physical attributes, which only affect the body. How you think, your sense of morality, how you choose to eat, what you consider to be rude, what you consider an insult, what your core values you are, how you speak and whether or not you speak in a high context or low context mannerism, etc. As I have already made quite clear to you, numerous cultures omit things they feel should be obvious. When someone on the game asks you what gender you are, considering most of the people who play this game come from vastly different regions of the world, assuming they are asking what makes you most comfortable isn't a very wise decision. It can lead to deception (even if you do so unintentionally) because you have refused to make yourself clear about YOUR interpretation of the question. Like you said, your character shares your mind. Even if you personally believe that they are somehow a different presence than you because they are a different character. This changes your speech pattern, while you may be from a low context culture in which someone should make themselves clear and specify "your gender IRL," not everyone else is that way in the game.

In fact, considering that your stance on the issue has generally challenged by many of the players it would be wise of you to assume that the way PWI's culture is setup people would rather interact with each other IRL personality instead of a character. (This isn't true in some MMOs, and I've even heard of some that ask you to go so far as to roleplay and think how your character would behave as well.) Knowing that the person asking you is probably referring to your IRL gender, and choosing to ignore and answer the question in a way that benefits you (by not forcing you to reveal irl information you are not comfortable with giving out) is deceptive. Whether or not that was your intention.

If you don't want to answer the question, you should say something along the lines "This cleric is a girl. My BM is a guy," etc. You are being deceptive by omission of details. Like I've demonstrated earlier, your omission of certain details can be just as important and have just as much of an impact as what you have actually said. A lot of research also indicates that what you consider common sense and what you DON'T say can often contain more information about you that what you do say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    No I play girl toons because I'd rather sit and watch a girl's *** on my screen all day than a guy's.

I never understood this rebuttal to why guys play girl chars. I mean are you zooming in on your female char to look at their butt? Do you play a female char so you can oogle her and dismiss the actual game play? What do you do when guys hit on you which seems to be more on topic then the reason you play a female char.

This rebuttal just makes me think you play a female char to just perv out on some pixels rather then playing with an actual female.

I don't mean this as an attack on you, but like I said I never understood that rebuttal because there are so many things that come into question when you say something like that.
  • //\Futa\// - Lost City
    //\Futa\// - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I never understood this rebuttal to why guys play girl chars. I mean are you zooming in on your female char to look at their butt? Do you play a female char so you can oogle her and dismiss the actual game play? What do you do when guys hit on you which seems to be more on topic then the reason you play a female char.

This rebuttal just makes me think you play a female char to just perv out on some pixels rather then playing with an actual female.

I don't mean this as an attack on you, but like I said I never understood that rebuttal because there are so many things that come into question when you say something like that.

Women look better than the metrosexual PWI approximation of males. b:chuckle

I'll call it the Tomb Raider effect, from a male perspective:

Hot woman doing cool stuff = Badass.
    Hot man doing cool stuff = Gey.

Which sounds more plausable for a typical man to choose now ? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    //\\Futa\\// 101 Blademaster - Chinatown
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    Noel - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    @ VenusArmani: So you're saying that ignoring certain character attributes(char sex) while acknowledging others(race/class) is justified based on game culture...?

I see. I still don't quite understand why, but I see what you mean.

What's the purpose of our characters being characters anyway? A lot of players here don't even have "names" for them, just pseudo-names that are more like screennames.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I'll call it the Tomb Raider effect, from a male perspective:

Hot woman doing cool stuff = Badass.
    Hot man doing cool stuff = Gey.

Which sounds more plausable for a typical man to choose now ? XD

Well if you're mind automatically classifies any male as hot, I think I see where the problem is...
  • //\Futa\// - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Well if you're mind automatically classifies any male as hot, I think I see where the problem is...

You as a male can't tell the difference between an ugly man and a beautiful one? =)

Words carefully chosen to not be biased, shh furball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    You as a male can't tell the difference between an ugly man and a beautiful one? =)

Words carefully chosen to not be biased, shh furball.

Nope.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    If you think that PWI's males look feminine, try looking at PWCN's. b:chuckle PWI's males look buff and manly in comparison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //\Futa\// - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Nope.

So when you look in the mirror you have absolutley no clue whether you're attractive or not ? b:chuckle
    Noel wrote:
    If you think that PWI's males look feminine, try looking at PWCN's.b:chuckle PWI's males look buff and manly in comparison.

lol, didn't know their characters differed but when I'm reminded the game is chinese it always explains the HORRID fash xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    So when you look in the mirror you have absolutley no clue whether you're attractive or not ? b:chuckle

lol, didn't know their characters differed but when I'm reminded the game is chinese it always explains the HORRID fash xD

Nope, that's what i have my wife for.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    They're skinnier on average, far more than the minimum body settings we're allowed in PWI. They presumably have different facial presets too as evidenced by their more anime-like looks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012

No I have plenty of actual fun with a real female, and to be sure I don't play only female toons, I suppose I have 3 male (cleric, psy, barb) and 4 female (veno, wiz, bm, seeker) but I always enjoy playing female toons more than male toons, doesn't really matter what class or what game, females are just more fun I guess or maybe there is some deep seated psychological reason for it, but mostly girls are more fun to watch on a screen than guys b:victory and when i get done watching I can always play with a real girl that is always telling me to get off the comp and get in bed b:sin

Edit: Oops forgot my sin, 5 females
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Well, here's the opposite - I'm a female on male chars. IRL, I'm far off from being a beauty queen. I'm pretty plain. At some point, always seeong upgraded versions of what society expects me to be is tiring. For some reason, I don't get that feeling when I'm on male characters.

It may sound superficial, but also, I'm in the same boat as some guys - I find characters of my opposite gender more pleasant to look at, rather than **** which I have no interest of.

I don't necessaraly stare at my pretty boys - but I love how they look. My seeker's kinda like a doll... Except I can take him out to kill stuff. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hmm....really good laughs in this thread lol

So wht the heck here's my story...

I was bored and decided to make a female fish (not a sin, the other one) to run around and do all those tideborn quests again. Midway through this guy pops up and is all like hey I dont mean to brag bt I'm lvl 15 and got cool wings...want help? [Tries to embrace] [Denied] lol Being bored though....I entertained him a bit talkin all girly and being nice...he followed meh around killin stuff for meh so i guess it was fun......til my gf told him i had a 101 fish -_-

There goes my free stuff sighhhhb:cry

b:laugh

Funny story, aziz :P b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Don't take it too literally. I use that one too, but I don't sit all day staring at my Wizards butt.

Kind of fun to have a digital barbie doll tho, even as a dude b:avoid
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
    edited February 2012
    Nope, i have never ask others for free stuff when i play mmo as female characters. Yes, i am a dude in real life, the only reason why i choose female characters is for their looks.

I will stop playing as female characters when they make male characters like real male, not sissy skinny female looking dudes (example: male sin and male mystic).

Barbs b:bye

EDIT: Nvm I forgot half the male fashion doesn't looks any descent on us b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Looking at pixelated ****, then ask "Are you a girl or guy?".

*Ohh oohhhh !! He asked about the gender of my pixelated *****
    "Hello, I am a girl".

Looking at a Barb in Tiger Mode, then ask "Are you a girl or guy?"

*hmm I have no idea also, I cant see my own **** or D!CK*
    "Neither, I dont have a gender".

/facepalm/b00bpalm/d!ckpalm

LMFAO b:laugh

And I think you guys are starting to upset or trying to win, the tone I'm reading these posts in is stressed and essentially a 'you're wrong, now gtfo' lol... b:bye

Chill outttttttttttt

Also, To Noel.
    Are you even ... human? o>o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Amazing how this topic brings hostility out in some people and the proclivity to think the worst about others.

Every time a male toon has come on to my female toon, the topic of sexual identity has never come up.

Based on this and from their language skills and vocabulary my guess is they are young people who have little to no dating experience, who are just romantically curious. that or they like role playing. I like to role play every once and a while, but i get tired of role playing pretty quickly, but if others really like RP, I say go for it.

Even though my female toons have been offered lots of stuff in these situations, she always declines. The most she has ever accepted is a ride somewhere or help with a few mobs or boss, which are things any friend can share. That is just my personal preference.

That being said, if someone offers you a gift in the game, it is never dishonest to accept it. Opportunistic, maybe. Unless the person tells you it matters to them if what your real life sexuality is, and they ask you bluntly what yours is and you lie, then no deception has taken place.

Everyone who plays this game can create toons of either sex. Every player knows these facts. If they choose to fantasize that the person controlling the pretty pixels they are infatuated with is just as pretty and of the same sex, that is their fantasy. Some people here seem to forget the R in MMORPG stands for Role playing.

If you are uncomfortable with transgender role playing, maybe you should find a game that does not include role playing.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's the same deal. And if you disagree that it is, that's a logical fallacy called "special pleading", and your argument fails. Your character has not only a class, but a sex as well. You can't logically use one term and throw out the other.

Black pot syndrome.... Your argument is full of so many fallacies it's almost amazing. There are so many 'for the sake of argument' style statements in your circular responses, it's obvious you're trolling.

You're a psychopath trying to defend your warped moral reasoning. It's quite amusing and disturbing at the same time. If you actually truly believe yourself, you should be under the supervision of a good psychiatrist.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I wish I were sometimes! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenomSara - Heavens Tear
    VenomSara - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so if ur a woman in real life and want to stop perv stalkers bother you
    u can say ur a dude .... beause ... who play pwi to hook up ?

male female make no diference just how u are real life us
    should not be an issue since we are countries apart
    probably we never meet ever so doesnt matter

what the problem is taking stuff like if were going to meet some day and be girl friend boyfriend husband wife some day in real life

LOL

i mean realy ? hook up in real life with imagianry money from a game ?

b:chuckle it just weird
    Noobs dont PK on cube entrance
    or i may hurt you in self defence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is my first and only MMO. I played a veno. I quit because I would be hit on over and over so much it was sickening. Even when I said I was a guy, half the time they would refuse to believe it... I even had a stalker.

And the whole "if I want to play an MMO for several hours a day I would rather watch a cute female *** run her tail off all day rather than male's ***" as a reason creeps me the f**k out. Sorry. xP

Sorry that creeps you out but I really couldn't give a s**t less how that makes you feel. That's just what I told them to get them off my *** and leave me alone and doesn't necessarily mean I like to watch my veno's *** all day. You completely failed to grasp the context of why I said that which is disappointing. Oh well, who gives a f***, this thread is disturbing and creeps me out.

Oh and by the way, I had a stalker too. I just formed KoS parties that went after him.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn