Pretending you was a girl(we all did it)

Comments

• Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    soo, remember when you was a noob and pretened u was a girl for items ( or was it only me? damn my friends did it too)

basically my story was i met this guy ( we was both like level 25) and we was doing a quest together, i thought wait a second i got a chance here so i acted like a girl would i said hun, did all this stuff *x3* and like :3 and yeah, and he believed it, weekend he bought some gold and got us married, bought me a dress, etc, and yeah, he bought me kinda alot of stuff LOLOLOL, and then i felt so bad i told him i was a dude and never spoke to him again, but i got like 50mill i know it was soooooooooooo mean and i did pay some of it back but hell ye, when did u guys pretend u was a girl?

(please say it wasnt just me)

Of course, cus if I was a girl i'd use this fact to get money not only in game.
    Most real girls do this b:avoid
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    MeaMoeYao - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lies.

b:angry Shut it, you're gey and you'd go straight for a slice of Futy Pie >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

//\\Futa\\// 101 BM - Chinatown
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's pretty pathetic how many guys are trying to justify these actions... They just need to admit to themselves that they're lying and scamming item hoars who have gender confusion issues.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    Noel - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Are you an idiot? You sure sound like one.
    Oh that's a pro argument. No one can refute that.
    I mean, don't you think that the difference between a female character and a male character are easily discernible? No, of course not, because you're stupid as a rock.

If someone asks your gender, they're asking you, not your stupid toon.
    Irrelevant. I already addressed this anyway on my post that quoted VenusArmani.*

Also, firing insults at someone don't make your argument better, it makes you look worse. Grow up.

*Edit: In case you missed it, here it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012

Irrelevant. I already addressed this anyway on my post that quoted VenusArmani.*

Also, firing insults at someone don't make your argument better, it makes you look worse. Grow up.

*Edit: In case you missed it, here it is.

I wasn't insulting you, I was insulting your character. Seriously, failed logic is failed logic.

You're a scammer and a liar and you're intentionally deceiving people so that you may prosper. At least man up and admit that much.

EDIT: And honestly, I doubt if they asked you specifically if you were physically a man or a woman behind the computer, you would lie about that so you can continue receiving gifts.

There's a word for people like you. You're in a group of mentally defective people known as sociopaths.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:angry Shut it, you're gey and you'd go straight for a slice of Futy Pie >.>

My only weakness. b:dirty
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    edited February 2012

Irrelevant. I already addressed this anyway on my post that quoted VenusArmani.

Edit: In case you missed it, here it is.

I believe his frustration lies in your inability to accept reality. I'll admit to being gender dysphoric but that wouldn't justify bare faced lies on the subject.

Either take hormones and live like a female and then be allowed to call yourself a woman or do what the rest of us do, BURY THAT **** DEEP DOWN UNDER LOTS OF MACHISMO and man the **** up to reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wasn't insulting you, I was insulting your character. Seriously, failed logic is failed logic.

You're a scammer and a liar and you're intentionally deceiving people so that you may prosper. At least man up and admit that much.

EDIT: And honestly, I doubt if they asked you specifically if you were physically a man or a woman behind the computer, you would lie about that so you can continue receiving gifts.

There's a word for people like you. You're in a group of mentally defective people known as sociopaths.

^This

any man the pretends to be a girl is fail to being with. But doing so to scam other is just pathetic.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    My character and I have the same mind.
    You should at least woman up and state a coherent argument instead of random insults that don't address any point I'm making.

You have no evidence of the claim that I'm a scammer and a liar. Your words are based on nothing but ignorant assumptions.
    I would not. I never received any gift because of my in-game or IRL sex, nor did I ever have the intention to.
    Again, proof to back up your claims. Arguments require logic and reason, and you have demonstrated that you are not even trying to present any. Why should I take you seriously?
    I believe his frustration lies in your inability to accept reality. I'll admit to being gender dysphoric but that wouldn't justify bare faced lies on the subject.
    To what basis are you assuming that I can't accept reality? I've said nothing that supports that notion.

And Gender Dysphoria and similar conditions have nothing to do with this topic. Irregardless, this isn't about gender, this is about sex.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Why should I take you seriously?

You don't even know what you are, why should anyone take you seriously?
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    You don't even know what you are, why should anyone take you seriously?
    Why are you assuming that? I made no assertion that I didn't. However, you're making the assertion that I did. Where is your logic?

Besides, this isn't about me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    I believe his frustration lies in your inability to accept reality.

I'm not frustrated at all. I set that up exactly how I figured it would play out.

He said that if someone asks a question, he answers as his character, not as himself. So when I called him an idiot, he took it personally. So he's twisting his lies to suit his particular agenda at any moment. That behavior wouldn't fit under habitual lying, but it would fit under sociopath. At this point, that's about the only thing I can certainly pin onto him. He may or may not be attracted to the same sex, he may or may not have gender identity issues. He is obviously lying in order to profit. He may well be schizophrenic or manic depressive, but I haven't interacted enough to make that kind of determination.
    edited February 2012
    Why are you assuming that? I made no assertion that I didn't. However, you're making the assertion that I did. Where is your logic?

Besides, this isn't about me.

So are you male or female then?
    edited February 2012
    Again, proof to back up your claims. Arguments require logic and reason, and you have demonstrated that you are not even trying to present any. Why should I take you seriously?

You are delusional:
    tshirttime wrote: »
    Not true at all. As long as you don't reply with a lie to their question (if they ask if you are a girl , and your character is indeed a female , the answer is yes) Only way it would be a lie is if they asked your irl gender and you lied. Also , you have to ask them for the items / coins (which I have never done :O )
    That's called deception and indeed you would be a scammer.

EDIT: The fact that you don't ask for items is meaningless. If you receive items under false pretenses, you are indeed scamming.
    No and no. They ask your character, whom you are playing as. They aren't talking directly to your IRL self. You would not be lying in that case.

You're misrepresenting the truth. That is deception. If you profit from deception, you are scamming.

/thread

So are you male or female then?

After reading what he posted, he sounds like an educated, middle aged man having a sexual identity crisis. Or a scamming sociopath. One thing for certain, he's a nut job.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    You are delusional:

You're misrepresenting the truth. That is deception. If you profit from deception, you are scamming.
    Misrepresenting the truth is, for instance, telling everyone you're a female Barbarian when in fact you're a female IRL, but are playing a male Barbarian. There is no such thing as a "female Barbarian". You're pretending to be a Barbarian... but not male. There is one deceptive part to that, and it's either the "female" part or the "Barbarian" part. If the term is referring to you IRL, then the Barbarian part is probably the deceptive part. If the term is referring to your character, the female part is deceptive. If you were to refer to your status both IRL and in-game, you would say "I'm a female who plays a Barbarian.

As for hiding your IRL sex in-game, there's nothing wrong with that. It's not misrepresenting the truth either. You are under no obligation to give any information out on an MMORPG. If someone is under the impression that you IRL are something, and they use that as a basis to gift you things, then yes, it is your obligation to stop them... but you don't have to stop them in a way that would reveal any information about yourself.

I agree that profiting from deception is wrong, but you are misunderstanding what deception is and what it is not, not to mention assuming that everyone that accepts their character's status is being deceptive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    You are delusional:

/thread

After reading what he posted, he sounds like an educated, middle aged man having a sexual identity crisis. Or a scamming sociopath. One thing for certain, he's a nut job.

Gender Dysphoric, sense of injustice being born male, extreme jealousy of females and self loathing, often searching for an outlet to express femininity, that outlet being compromised I suspect is the reason for the ridiculous logic and defensivness.

Not judging tho Noel, just be honest about it bud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    You are delusional:

/thread

Agreed. I think it may be both. Whatever "It" is, it clearly is a sociopath and obviously has a sexual identity crisis.
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    So do any of you care about refuting my points, or are you just posting to troll?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Misrepresenting the truth is, for instance, telling everyone you're a female Barbarian when in fact you're a female IRL, but are playing a male Barbarian. There is no such thing as a "female Barbarian". You're pretending to be a Barbarian... but not male. There is one deceptive part to that, and it's either the "female" part or the "Barbarian" part. If the term is referring to you IRL, then the Barbarian part is probably the deceptive part. If the term is referring to your character, the female part is deceptive. If you were to refer to your status both IRL and in-game, you would say "I'm a female who plays a Barbarian.

Your reasoning it pathetic, honestly why do you perpetuate this ****, in any online MMO you play an avatar, it is nothing more than an avatar, it isn't an extention of your true self, it isn't some mode of ethereal body transmogrification magic.

If someone asks you if you are male or female, while your obvious gendered avatar is infront of them, you are a deluded fool to think they are questioning your avatar, you are you, no matter what manner you choose to represent yourself.
    As for hiding your IRL sex in-game, there's nothing wrong with that. It's not misrepresenting the truth either. You are under no obligation to give any information out on an MMORPG. If someone is under the impression that you IRL are something, and they use that as a basis to gift you things, then yes, it is your obligation to stop them... but you don't have to stop them in a way that would reveal any information about yourself.

So, because its just people online, it's OK to tell them lies if questioned? You act with such entitlement to respect yet you refuse others that same entitlement?
    I agree that profiting from deception is wrong, but you are misunderstanding what deception is and what it is not, not to mention assuming that everyone that accepts their character's status is being deceptive.

The only one misunderstanding anything here is you, truth and lies, in this case has no grey area, you either tell the truth or you don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Looking at pixelated ****, then ask "Are you a girl or guy?".

*Ohh oohhhh !! He asked about the gender of my pixelated *****
    "Hello, I am a girl".

Looking at a Barb in Tiger Mode, then ask "Are you a girl or guy?"

*hmm I have no idea also, I cant see my own **** or D!CK*
    "Neither, I dont have a gender".

/facepalm/b00bpalm/d!ckpalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Looking at pixelated ****, then ask "Are you a girl or guy?".

*Ohh oohhhh !! He asked about the gender of my pixelated *****
    "Hello, I am a girl".

Looking at a Barb in Tiger Mode, then ask "Are you a girl or guy?"

*hmm I have no idea also, I cant see my own **** or D!CK*
    "Neither, I dont have a gender".

I can haz d!ckpalm? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    As for hiding your IRL sex in-game, there's nothing wrong with that. It's not misrepresenting the truth either. You are under no obligation to give any information out on an MMORPG.

If someone asks you the question and you deliberately give an incorrect answer, that's a lie.

The fact that you can respond any way you wish has no bearing on whether or not you're lying. How you respond does. You're trying to rationalize and justify deviant sexual behavior and/or distorting simple ethical and moral standards to suit your purposes.

Now I'm starting to wonder if you're just bored and trolling.
    edited February 2012
    So do any of you care about refuting my points, or are you just posting to troll?

Neither, your concept of reality is *** backwards so there's no point.
  • Azmerah - Archosaur
    Azmerah - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I only play girl chars in every game I play (if I get a choice). However, I've never pretended to be a girl. If a guy starts talking to me I let the poor soul know I'm a *** guy irl. If he chooses to keep talking to me I'll amuse myself by talking to him till i get bored then most likely blacklist.
    edited February 2012

kinky b:sin
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Your reasoning it pathetic, honestly why do you perpetuate this ****, in any online MMO you play an avatar, it is nothing more than an avatar, it isn't an extention of your true self, it isn't some mode of ethereal body transmogrification magic.
    On most MMORPGs I've seen, you play a character, not an avatar. And that actually means that it isn't an extension of your true self. Avatars are what are reflections of you IRL.
    If someone asks you if you are male or female, while your obvious gendered avatar is infront of them, you are a deluded fool to think they are questioning your avatar, you are you, no matter what manner you choose to represent yourself.
    But that's wrong, I've already addressed that point, and I can't be any clearer. It is logical to assume that if they're asking you in-game what your sex is that they mean your in-game sex. Your real sex is irrelevant to the game. It's not like you play the game to get a date, is it...?

If you want real person-to-person socializing, you should go outside and make friends. Or even an IM program, if you refuse to go outside.
    So, because its just people online, it's OK to tell them lies if questioned? You act with such entitlement to respect yet you refuse others that same entitlement?
    I'm not advocating lies, you're arguing with a strawman. You and Michael both are assuming that they're lies, when you haven't gave a logical argument that supports that.
    The only one misunderstanding anything here is you, truth and lies, in this case has no grey area, you either tell the truth or you don't.
    There's nothing in my posts that advocates telling lies.
    If someone asks you the question and you deliberately give an incorrect answer, that's a lie.

The fact that you can respond any way you wish has no bearing on whether or not you're lying. How you respond does.
    I never condoned deliberate incorrect answers.
    You're trying to rationalize and justify deviant sexual behavior and/or distorting simple ethical and moral standards to suit your purposes.
    Where is proof of your claim that I'm trying to rationalize that specifically? You have no evidence that I've even expressed that in this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeaMoeYao - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    On most MMORPGs I've seen, you play a character, not an avatar. And that actually means that it isn't an extension of your true self. Avatars are what are reflections of you IRL.

But that's wrong, I've already addressed that point, and I can't be any clearer. It is logical to assume that if they're asking you in-game what your sex is that they mean your in-game sex. Your real sex is irrelevant to the game. It's not like you play the game to get a date, is it...?

If you want real person-to-person socializing, you should go outside and make friends. Or even an IM program, if you refuse to go outside.

I'm not advocating lies, you're arguing with a strawman. You and Michael both are assuming that they're lies, when you haven't gave a logical argument that supports that.

There's nothing in my posts that advocates telling lies.

A character is an avatar. YOU ARE WRONG.

If I can see a female character, why is it logical to ask the gender of what I already know? YOU ARE WRONG.

You make a distinction that MMOs are meant exclusivley as escapism and don't encompass the ability, and isn't used much more frequently to socialise personally. YOU ARE WRONG.

You say that you aren't advocating missinterpretation of the truth as a lie. YOU ARE WRONG.

If you want to lie to peoples faces, go somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Someone's playing Barbie and Ken too long.... just too long.... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _fabulous_ - Sanctuary
    _fabulous_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Potato Ponies!
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Oh MeaMoeYao, there's no reason to get this mad.
    A character is an avatar. YOU ARE WRONG.
    Didn't do much research before making that claim, did you? A quick Wikipedia search would've solved that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_character
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_%28computing%29

While the terms can be used interchangeably in casual settings, the two terms have entirely different meanings. An avatar is a pixelated or otherwise graphical representation of the player or another real person, while a character has it's own fictional name, personality, sex, and other details.
    If I can see a female character, why is it logical to ask the gender of what I already know? YOU ARE WRONG.
    It's not logical. It's illogical to ask in that way. "Are you a guy or girl IRL?" would be proper, a simple "Are you a guy or girl?" is still addressing the character, whether you want to assume it's addressing the IRL person or not.
    You make a distinction that MMOs are meant exclusivley as escapism and don't encompass the ability, and isn't used much more frequently to socialise personally. YOU ARE WRONG.
    No, I don't make that distinction. In fact, one of the main reasons for the existence of MMORPGs is to have social computer games. The context of the socializing is the issue here.
    You say that you aren't advocating missinterpretaion of the truth as a lie. YOU ARE WRONG.
    I am not, and I have already refuted that point.
    If you want to lie to peoples faces, go somewhere else.
    If you'd only listen to reason, you wouldn't think I'm lying. And you wouldn't be so mad right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]