Chars with 4.0 aps or above get a damage penalty now!

Options

Comments

• ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Try 50% penalty on both above 2 aps. THAT would be a real change.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Archers were the "assassins" before assassins, surely u can remember that? b:surrender

I suppose.

But I also remember being regarded as useless filler in squads. And dying like a fly.

I kinda rolled a sin to get rid of that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suppose.

But I also remember being regarded as useless filler in squads. And dying like a fly.

I kinda rolled a sin to get rid of that.

Huh?

Archers were tanks back in the day. Old Primal Fear... also 3-2 and 3-3 was easiest for Archer to tank before interval...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suppose.

That probably just means you sucked. No offense <.>
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    5.0 still hits 20% harder ea second then 4.0.

5% isnt much and with the +50% rings, i really dont care.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

Last time I played my Archer, Heaven Shatterer was the endgame weapon and cost 75m. And there was no such thing as clawarcher.
    Huh?

Archers were tanks back in the day. Old Primal Fear... also 3-2 and 3-3 was easiest for Archer to tank before interval...

Not in my level rage, being that my archer is 92.

Then again I do get the feeling that I'm receiving similar treatment for not linking my weapon whenever I'm answering WCs for BH.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Now now play nice just because you can pull like a barb with an archer doesn't mean everyone can
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    -20% accuracy out of +100% accuracy.. not the worst thing in the world, but..

What if it's -20% of your total accuracy? If that's the case it's a real kick in the balls.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Now now play nice just because you can pull like a barb with an archer doesn't mean everyone can

Poly! HUUUUGSS! lurking forums i see b:chuckle
  • Chetala - Heavens Tear
    Chetala - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So as a cleric, I'm inclined to be happy about the nerf to aps. However I do have one issue with the way this nerf was handled:

Those people who chose to go demon are getting punished for that choice. A 4.0 base demon character will have to decide whether it's worth it to spark. I feel that punishing one cultivation over another is going to be problematic. You can't just expect everyone to switch to sage so they can enjoy their triple spark attack.

In my opinion, the main reason that aps is breaking the game is because of blood paint. I think the mechanic of bp should be changed, not necessarily the way aps works. But that's just my opinion.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So as a cleric, I'm inclined to be happy about the nerf to aps. However I do have one issue with the way this nerf was handled:

Those people who chose to go demon are getting punished for that choice. A 4.0 base demon character will have to decide whether it's worth it to spark. I feel that punishing one cultivation over another is going to be problematic. You can't just expect everyone to switch to sage so they can enjoy their triple spark attack.

In my opinion, the main reason that aps is breaking the game is because of blood paint. I think the mechanic of bp should be changed, not necessarily the way aps works. But that's just my opinion.

>.> what are you talking about demon and sage will still be on the same ground as they currently are because they can change what gear they want to wear they can get non - interval fists or daggers or get rid of the tt 99 light armor and make it nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >.> what are you talking about demon and sage will still be on the same ground as they currently are because they can change what gear they want to wear they can get non - interval fists or daggers or get rid of the tt 99 light armor and make it nirvana.

What's that? Couldn't understand you with your head up your ***.
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Poly! HUUUUGSS! lurking forums i see b:chuckle

>.> you have no proof this is God!

Oh and to answer the poster above me not sparking as a 4.0 base demoin would be stupid loosing 5% damage from a 100+% increase is still worth it to permi spark just saying :D
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    soo insted of 20k hits I will be doin' 19k hits....big deal...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lol I really doubt 5% makes that much of a deal. And 20% less accuracy... eh. Accuracy rings. b:chuckle

EH?? really??

accuracy aint the problem here....unless i am mistaken, i see it as losing 5% per hit meaning a continuous drop of 5% over time.....which is BS....

for example hiting a boss for some 10k or close dmg but lets say 10k.....

5/100 *10000 = 500

in other words u lose 500 dmg every hit

5*500 = 2500 dmg....thats the amount of dps u are losing

granted its not a signifcant amount as compared to the normal 50k dmg portrayed by this example
    but.....50000-2500=47500 over a 2~3 min period is a serously insane drop in dps

represented by 2500*60(2~3) = 300000~450000....thats the effect of a 5% dmg reduction -_-

300000~450000 is like 10-15% of a nirvy boss' HP....

u know how crazy that 5% dmg reduction really is? omfg man

EDIT: not to mention there are like 6 of those bosses with increasing HP and other annoying instances.
    think of it this way; ppl get frustrated from the increased time to farm and start cashing like hell = more money into those bottomless pockets of pw get it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What's that? Couldn't understand you with your head up your ***.

Ok tell me how my post is wrong about this not hurting demon characters more than sage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

Oh come on.

Every nerf to quantity of APS would favor Demons, because they can then swap gear for more defensive maneuvers, like using Nirvana armors instead of TT99 or using Warsong and Cube ornaments. Add some JoSDs and you're looking at Demon cultivation characters having the same APS as the sages while they also out-survive them due to better shards, refines and defenses.

Also there's the fact that BB overrides Sage Spark's damage reduction, effectively making Sage that much less appealing in settings where you have a cleric, e.g. BH or Delta.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What makes me wonder is:

Where does the 5% gets in place?
    Physical attack in attack window (C)?
    Output damage get reduced by 5%?
    The last hit in the 5aps gets reduced by 5%? (Like 4 Hits 100%, 5. hit 95%)

just wanna know b:pleased
  • DejaEntendu - Heavens Tear
    DejaEntendu - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i see it as losing 5% per hit meaning a continuous drop of 5% over time

are you drunk?
    it'd be -5% dmg per hit, the end. you wouldn't go from 100 to 95 to 90.5... you'd go from 100 to 95 to 95.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/P6608.png[/SIGPIC]
    wizard pk videos: youtube.com/user/elijahpvp
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >.> you have no proof this is God!

Oh and to answer the poster above me not sparking as a 4.0 base demoin would be stupid loosing 5% damage from a 100+% increase is still worth it to permi spark just saying :D

oh yes I do >:D
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh come on.

Every nerf to quantity of APS would favor Demons, because they can then swap gear for more defensive maneuvers, like using Nirvana armors instead of TT99 or using Warsong and Cube ornaments. Add some JoSDs and you're looking at Demon cultivation characters having the same APS as the sages while they also out-survive them due to better shards, refines and defenses.

Also there's the fact that BB overrides Sage Spark's damage reduction, effectively making Sage that much less appealing in settings where you have a cleric, e.g. BH or Delta.

lol basically what I said when zan said I was talking out my ***. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    5.0 still hits 20% harder ea second then 4.0.

LOLWUT as the countless threads in the sin forums show aps /= to dps
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Instead of ajusting the stats required for gear on assasins(in essence killing the whole design of the class) to match the other aps able classes with fists/claws they do a joke of a nerf. Sounds more like swaying people to buy r9 than farm their nirvana gear/recast r8.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol basically what I said when zan said I was talking out my ***. b:victory

I said you had your head up your *** =P Shouldn't have to nerf your APS to boost your DPH something someone who spent less than you (with lower APS) can hit. Just sayin'.

And I say you have your head up your *** because you went Sage b:chuckle
  • Forrester - Dreamweaver
    Forrester - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    5% hmm, looks like I need 5 more dots then
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    5% hmm, looks like I need 5 more dots then

i prolly shouldnt tell u that DoT wont replace that 5% u will lose at 5 aps -.-

DoT only increase ur current atk by 5% lol

so if u had 10k dmg and u lose 5% down to 9.5k dmg u will get 5% of 9.5k...not a total replacement....but i guess it is something.....b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    wont the new PvE armor make this nerf obsolete as far as PvE goes.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    wont the new PvE armor make this nerf obsolete as far as PvE goes.

The new armor doesn't have -int.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Question:

-5% of Weapon Damage or -5% of Overall Damage? b:laugh

-20% of base accuracy or -20% of overall accuracy? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I do wonder, if the -5% penalty goes to the weapon then or is it a debuff, will it be like demon spark gives 695% additional damage, or will it be like sparking first and then u get the 5% penalty, i am curious about the maths behind this.