Chars with 4.0 aps or above get a damage penalty now!

Options

Comments

• _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    poor archers ijs

now how would an archer be invited in anything that involves farming?

5% less dmg for the average deicide aps archer is ty gg bb ragequit
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Its a really clever nerf if you think about it. Its *something* which may somewhat placate those who always harp about dps; but small enough to not seriously impinge on the abilities of dps. And it doesn't affect the major market of assassin dps, being r9; or if there are g15s, it'll encourage them to finally make the leap to r9. PWI pretty much wins all around on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    4 toons over 5.0 wutwut...still 5.0 and still will have more power...sooooo pw just trolololol u guys
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am a 5aps G15 sin and I tried killing a few things since the update and there was no difference on my character screen stats. so maybe the nerf is just for pvp?
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    poor archers ijs

now how would an archer be invited in anything that involves farming?

5% less dmg for the average deicide aps archer is ty gg bb ragequit

eh why do u think poor archers? first of all deicide archer 5.0 < GV archer 5.0
    2nd. 5% affects all classes no archers, i do not think it will affect too much, if i do 4k per hit or 3.8 k per hit, i do not see much diff.
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The new armor doesn't have -int.....

well my bm can still be 5 aps while sacrificing 1 armor piece.
    can even sacrifice cube neck + warsongbelt to equip 3 new pve armor and maintain 5 aps.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Maybe this is just a warning shot and stricter nerf measures are on the way. Maybe they figure this will move more new sins to sage and decrease interest in aps builds so when they further reduce aps in the future there will be less QQing.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • laloner
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh come on.

Every nerf to quantity of APS would favor Demons, because they can then swap gear for more defensive maneuvers, like using Nirvana armors instead of TT99 or using Warsong and Cube ornaments. Add some JoSDs and you're looking at Demon cultivation characters having the same APS as the sages while they also out-survive them due to better shards, refines and defenses.

Also there's the fact that BB overrides Sage Spark's damage reduction, effectively making Sage that much less appealing in settings where you have a cleric, e.g. BH or Delta.

You might be right but I think you need to take into account sage doing more damage per hit. At the same aps the sage sin will do more damage and so get more bp healing.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Its a really clever nerf if you think about it. Its *something* which may somewhat placate those who always harp about dps
    I wouldn't count on that. This is not nearly enough.

We had enough evidence that PW* was pussyfooting around on this before the expansion, but all this tells me is that someone thought a meaningless token gesture would satisfy the people who've begged for game balance for 2+ years. It won't. 5% is nothing, even under the best of conditions.

Maybe if a character's attack level dropped gradually for each APS tier above 2.5 (maybe by 5 per tier?), then we'd see some real progress.

(And of course this is better than nothing, but that doesn't mean we should tolerate PW* sugar-coating the facts as usual)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah it made soloing tt3-3 considerably harder for my 5.0 bm and only slightly harder for my 4.0 rank 9 sin. It almost felt like bp was not healing as much as normal.
  • XxBudxX - Harshlands
    XxBudxX - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Pwi is all about their money...rank9? who the **** wants to spend 1500$ or grind that much coin...Nerfing aps is stupid, fbs and bhs would take alot longer and 50% of the player base would quit. jus cause some kids get mad and QQ over it... ive been outside sz and gotten 1shot plenty of times by r9s... grow up and get over it
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    Maybe this is just a warning shot and stricter nerf measures are on the way. Maybe they figure this will move more new sins to sage and decrease interest in aps builds so when they further reduce aps in the future there will be less QQing.

Aps has never been reduced and never will, this is official, GTFO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yeah this 'nerf' is kind of a joke, nothing really changed at all...
  • Hazarduz - Heavens Tear
    Hazarduz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wanna know the ultimate APS nerf?

Easy, make bloodpaint a self buff! b:chuckle

*crawls back into the shadows* b:bye
    Old school demon tank -> LESS PEW PEW, NO Q _Q

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't count on that. This is not nearly enough.

Maybe if a character's attack level dropped gradually for each APS tier above 2.5 (maybe by 5 per tier?), then we'd see some real progress.

(And of course this is better than nothing, but that doesn't mean we should tolerate PW* sugar-coating the facts as usual)

And how exaclty would you lower att levels on a char that has none.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options

:p that would not work. Most instances other than 3-2/3 can be solo'd on crabs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah it made soloing tt3-3 considerably harder for my 5.0 bm and only slightly harder for my 4.0 rank 9 sin. It almost felt like bp was not healing as much as normal.

New nerf does not affect your 4.0 r9 sin and if it did ofcourse it would affect bp heals as you are doing less dmg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And how exaclty would you lower att levels on a char that has none.

Obviously you've never been debuffed by a Seeker nor played a Psychic. Negative attack and Defense levels exist.

How else would White Voodoo and Black Voodoo even work if that wasn't the case? Think they're just going to give every non-R9 Psychic free 66 Defense Levels?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My psychic doesn't have negative attack or defense levels b:scorn

On-topic: Yay, another BM nerf. Just what we needed.
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

hahaa i like that idea...then u would see some serious QQs lmfaob:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You guys are all tards thinking this nerf is op or qq. My second cast 5.0 +12 bm is going to loose 450-550 dmg per hit, with 2 lunar rings with +50% accuracy refined to +10 I dont see how this *nerf* is going to affect me in any noticable manner.
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    its alright, should be a little more. but at least i can count on being able to steal aggro! lol
    Objective: Complete
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hahaa i like that idea...then u would see some serious QQs lmfaob:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

shadows cant save them now hahahahaha
    Objective: Complete
  • laloner
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Aps has never been reduced and never will, this is official, GTFO

I didn't realize you were so sensitive, in the future I will be more careful with your delicate feelings.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Essentially this was a BladeMaster/Barb/Archer nerf......not really sure why people thought they should be nerfed. Seems pretty unfair to me .
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Essentially this was a BladeMaster/Barb/Archer nerf......not really sure why people thought they should be nerfed. Seems pretty unfair to me .

Nerf this nerf that, it's all wrong! So wrong!

All this thing does is make every single APS character deal less damage, thus meaning that squads filled with them will simply take a slight bit more time.

It won't affect the hierarchy in any way because all APS DDs are way above that of anything else. So at best it might do something for the hierarchy within the APS DDs. But that's not likely.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Its funny people think 5aps classes only do 5% more damage than them and that this fixes everything b:chuckle
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Really ?

My BM is 10K HP, 5.0 aps, +12 Regicides, 20 attack levels via DoT shards with R9 ring and Chaos Frost for 50% accuracy x2 rounding things off. You really think 5% damage nerf and an accuracy penalty will do me squat ?

Not to mention aps (and regular) Barbs now get a skill where if they get hit 20 times their damage increases by 150% !!

Again... really ?
  • NightLace_ - Sanctuary
    NightLace_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does this mean I can remove windshield on my genie and be perma 4.0 now. :3

I mean, what's the point of having it now. b:byeb:bye

GottaLoveSageSinsbb:sin
  • jeremyhuff
    jeremyhuff Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and apply only to sins b:pleased

?? seriously can u tell me in all ur 100 levels you haven't once relied on a sin's aps in fc? you appreciate nothing. i guarantee you half the levels or more you have were because of a sin. if youve ever done nirv it probably had something to do with a sin at 1 point or another. but you want that taken.. why? they did something.. just be happy with it. sure its not much its only 5% but its SOMETHING what if u was told archer was now the weakest class? lowest damage? sad noobs can't ever be happy. if they gave us 1 aps youd QQ about our bp.