*bump*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the kind of editing. The game would look pretty ugly really fast if you allow characters with extreme proportions but I don't think anyone really minds earthguard / tideborn hair or eyes.

Edit: example of what I don't want to see http://i.imgur.com/21dPZ.png

thats a failed attempt at increasing or desreasing the size to much it does thatb:chuckle.
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I am bumping this topic >;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Ahkeli - Heavens Tear
    Ahkeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    lol Apparently they're cracking down on people who even simply just have EG eyes. Scary. s:

I vote for this to be leeeeeeeeegal!!!
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Haven't heard of anyone getting a ban for it :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Ahkeli - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    I think there was a post floating around here somewhere about someone getting banned for it.

And there's another rumor or whatever that one of my friends got caught in a FF and was banned for having EG eyes, lol.

I don't think she's done anything wrong aside from having EG eyes...so, I dunno. lol. I haven't really asked her myself yet.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I would seriously laugh my behind off if a GM popped onto me in FCC and banned me for having EG eyes. lol
    That after seeing so many glitched 105s around would be just epic b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I would seriously laugh my behind off if a GM popped onto me in FCC and banned me for having EG eyes. lol
    That after seeing so many glitched 105s around would be just epic b:chuckle

Well... I'd assume most of the people who are glitched and 105 cash shopped at least one time. All people have to do is change some things around (for free) and get a makeover scroll (free with digital currency).

See where I'm getting at?b:surrender

I don't even understand what the problem is at this point. Did we even get a reason why it's illegal? idr lol
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I don't even understand what the problem is at this point. Did we even get a reason why it's illegal? idr lol

According to Frankie, its because it just has always been and he doesnt foresee it changing any time soon. Just because
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011

Because they want to bug the **** out of us by having it as a rule. There is no reason other than that.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Because they're too lazy to make the effort to change to the rules b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    *bump*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    Bump for US server .ini rights b:surrender
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    All we ask for xmass!~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Snowjade - Raging Tide
    Snowjade - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    +1 x ∞...the female EG curly hair looks so unbearably adorable on a veno. <3
    Besides, if these customization options are free anyway, what's the harm in using them? The old characters just want more updated looks...they shouldn't have to pay to get more current-looking hairstyles from the boutique when they come free to EGs and TBs. And not allowing reasonable texture editing (as with eyes) is just silly. I don't see how reasonable .ini editing is going to harm PWI in any form or fashion; in fact, it might drive up positive criticism because it only adds to the amount of customization options and artistic freedom the players are given, which PWI is already known for to a point - and a lot of potential players will find that very attractive. Just sayin'...
    edited December 2011
    +1 x ∞...the female EG curly hair looks so unbearably adorable on a veno. <3
    Besides, if these customization options are free anyway, what's the harm in using them? The old characters just want more updated looks...they shouldn't have to pay to get more current-looking hairstyles from the boutique when they come free to EGs and TBs. And not allowing reasonable texture editing (as with eyes) is just silly. I don't see how reasonable .ini editing is going to harm PWI in any form or fashion; in fact, it might drive up positive criticism because it only adds to the amount of customization options and artistic freedom the players are given, which PWI is already known for to a point - and a lot of potential players will find that very attractive. Just sayin'...

I'm starting to believe that since it's free, it's a problem. They won't give us a real reason why it's illegal :/ just that it is. I'd also like to note (since I've said it like 800x already) that the US servers are the only ones that aren't allowed to do this. It's really suspicious to me that other servers are being treated different from us(I want to say better than us, but then I'm sure some troll would find their way here to say something otherwise).

Has anyone even SEEN half of the "ohai show off ur char" threads? Is PWE going to ban ALL of them? That's a nice bit of players(and I'm pretty sure they cash shop). They should change the rules. Players can already do it without PWE's instruction. Why do they keep up with the hassle of "it b illegal", when almost EVERYONE does it already..

Or maybe... just maybe... they're taking the time out to find a way to block off access to ini files and put in some "pack sale"(lulz), that enables us to change them, into the boutique. Seems logical at this point anyways. Free game only loses money?
    Wouldn't want to give them any ideas, though...
  • Briarheart - Raging Tide
    Briarheart - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm starting to believe that since it's free, it's a problem. They won't give us a real reason why it's illegal :/ just that it is. I'd also like to note (since I've said it like 800x already) that the US servers are the only ones that aren't allowed to do this. It's really suspicious to me that other servers are being treated different from us(I want to say better than us, but then I'm sure some troll would find their way here to say something otherwise).

I have to agree. That's the only answer that makes sense...but how would they lose money here? People are still going to buy boutique hair and EG/TB hair is already free to them, and is not available for sale elsewhere (aside from makeover scrolls, if those count, since initial customization is totally free; anyway, they seem kind of irrelevant to this argument). But again, we don't want to give 'em any ideas....
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    I'm a person who gets awefully bored looking at the same thing all the time. It's why I have loads of fash including different hair-fash. My seeker has EG-hair, I still use hairfashion. I don't see why it would be any different on my veno .-.
    It might even get me to use more make-over scrolls b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
  • Briarheart - Raging Tide
    Briarheart - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011

It might even get me to use more make-over scrolls b:laugh

See, PWI? <3 It's a win-win. b:chuckle
  • Ahkeli - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2011
    The thing with makeover scrolls is that you CAN get them for free.

Farm up enough DQs and reach 1,000 dragon points and you can get a makeover scroll. It's also cheaper to get makeover scrolls via tokens from catshops rather than buying them from CS. Would rather sell the 2 gold in that case, lol.

But yeah. ~ >: I want EG eyes for my sin. Q_Q She looks awful.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I do always use free make-over scrolls b:quiet
    But either way, some people won't. Either because they won't bother, or just don't know about the DQ system x'D
    And I am bumping this topic P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Rofl for some people, the 2 gold needed to get a makeover scroll from the CS is small change. I think they would sell more overall if they changed the rules for ini edits to be more lenient. It'd be less costly than having to pay the devs to redesign the customization page to include more variations, and they'd probably just break it anyway.

Or simply replaced the old eye texture with the new earthguard one so the texture ID will read both as the same texture. There, one problem solved, no more need to ini edit eyes anymore.

Really devs, is that so hard? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Or simply replaced the old eye texture with the new earthguard one so the texture ID will read both as the same texture. There, one problem solved, no more need to ini edit eyes anymore.

Please not b:surrender Let us pick ourselves, there are chars that just look very very weird with EG eyes. .__.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Please not b:surrender Let us pick ourselves, there are chars that just look very very weird with EG eyes. .__.

Like how we have options for hair textures on the older classes. 2muchwrk for the devs. Just changing the rule would be easiest. Tired of fearing for my char's life, because I want sparkly eyes...
  • Hollyyy - Lost City
    Hollyyy - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I FULLYYYYY support ini edits and always have, china has embraced it, i don't see why PWE can't AT LEAST simply unlock all hairs for all races and replace all the old eyes on other classes with the new eyes. This is becoming beyond the joke now, as it is getting impossible to police. Also, PWE needs to make a few options available regarding veno ears and tails, we all know it is VERY possibly, so get with the times.
    edited December 2011
    I had to bump this one, because some person decided to make a NEW topic about this subject in this forum... Ugh. (Then I bumped it with my rage post :[ -1 for me)

Further explain what you mean about venomancers o_o do you mean options for getting rid of the tails and ears, or for putting tails and ears on other classes? If you mean the second option, pleeeaaase nooooooo! I refuse to see winged elves with bat/fox/kirin ears and tails(2late for cat ears, hi2u kitty fashionz) uguuu... I also think the option for that would make the client crash, similar to Earthguard's third eye on another class.

hello pwe. u maek mani cash from us. pls switch the letturz in the tos that maek dis possible. is so ez! ty!
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I had to bump this one, because some person decided to make a NEW topic about this subject in this forum... Ugh. (Then I bumped it with my rage post :[ -1 for me)

Further explain what you mean about venomancers o_o do you mean options for getting rid of the tails and ears, or for putting tails and ears on other classes? If you mean the second option, pleeeaaase nooooooo! I refuse to see winged elves with bat/fox/kirin ears and tails(2late for cat ears, hi2u kitty fashionz) uguuu... I also think the option for that would make the client crash, similar to Earthguard's third eye on another class.

hello pwe. u maek mani cash from us. pls switch the letturz in the tos that maek dis possible. is so ez! ty!

you can give your tail a color trough .ini edits :o though I dunno how XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Still waiting for hairy male tideborns for burly fishie mansex.
This discussion has been closed.