No snowmen this year? Q_Q

Options
Jake_xy - Raging Tide
Jake_xy - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
So er yeah theres no snowmen this year prolly......doesnt that suck Q_Q /butthurt
Post edited by Jake_xy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The snowmen just need a time out and they'll hopefully be back. <_< Apparently everyone logging on into archosaur got massacred by some weird miss-implementation of the snowmen.

;__; I want snowmen too. But not if I have to go around rezing everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    On the December Events page on the main site, they mentioned a Christmas event lasting from the 22nd to the 26th. That doesn't necessarily mean there will be snowmen, but I get the feeling there is a good chance that they will come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • DodoBear - Harshlands
    DodoBear - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Holiday
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, snow and killer snowmen will be delayed until we figure out why the snowmen are so bloodthirsty.

Hope that helps. ^^

Source:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=15457021#post15457021
    Drat and double drat! b:victory
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I suspect that when they created the killer snowmen down in the Earthguard area, they just changed the existing snowmen instead of creating a new variety. If this is the case, then I doubt they'll be able to fix the issue in time for Christmas, if they ever even bother. I hope I'm wrong about this because I was looking forward to their annual appearance.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So er yeah theres no snowmen this year prolly......doesnt that suck Q_Q /butthurt

From what I understand, the snowmen were retaliating against magical attacks with their own AoEs, which were doing substantial damage.

They've been removed while we investigate why they were changed in the first place.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    From what I understand, the snowmen were retaliating against magical attacks with their own AoEs, which were doing substantial damage.

They've been removed while we investigate why they were changed in the first place.
    FRANKIE THAT IS A GOOD THING!! b:cryb:cryb:cry wai u remove such epicness!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The snowmen just need a time out and they'll hopefully be back. <_< Apparently everyone logging on into archosaur got massacred by some weird miss-implementation of the snowmen.

;__; I want snowmen too. But not if I have to go around rezing everyone.

Honestly... People... Please.. THINK SCREEN SHOTS!

This is sooo funny...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

If they can kill the players, then it's only a matter of time before they can kill the GM's. And if they can kill the GM's, then they can get to the systems engineers. And if they can get to the systems engineers, then we will definitely be having a blue Christmas.

The Snowmen are tired of being laughed at. b:shocked
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If they can kill the players, then it's only a matter of time before they can kill the GM's. And if they can kill the GM's, then they can get to the systems engineers. And if they can get to the systems engineers, then we will definitely be having a blue Christmas.

XD omg is it wrong that I would pay just to see this happen?
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Tolliver - Dreamweaver
    Tolliver - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

That would be a epicly Merry Christmas after all. Even the snowmen are tired of the way things are going in here b:victory
  • AnniVenna - Archosaur
    AnniVenna - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ahahaha i cant believe i missed that, someone please tell me they remembered to screenshot??
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Snowmen gone psychic '__'
    I'd sooo have enjoyed being there at that time XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

how tough are they originally suppose to be lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Shadowphreak - Lost City
    Shadowphreak - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sounds like a disgrunted programmer that left PWI did this before he left. HAHA!

Love it. I hope the snowmen do have a aoe snowball/hail storm attack back, that would be epic. Catshops no more, duke dead dead dead.
    Evolution: Dungeon Master > Bards Tale > Ultima > Archlord > Perfect World

Leader of faction: REJECTED | Recruiting FUBAR players since 2010 |FREE BEER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    XD Remind me, these were the same snowmen that I fought easily way back in '08 on my level 6 cleric, yes?

WHOS BEEN LETTING THE SNOWMEN GET IT ON WITH THE BOSSES, FRANKIE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

omg I wish I was there to see all those blue named shops aoed! b:thanks
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Frankie, im just wonderin. will the snowmen be coming out after the problem has been fixed? and if so when can we see them coming out if at all possible.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Snowmen should have a random chance to blow up and cause massive damage to anyone near them.

That would make farming them so much fun. hahah :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ZippysMommy - Dreamweaver
    ZippysMommy - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    maybe... just maybe the snowmen weren't trying to kill the players... maybe they were goin after duke..... b:thanksb:chuckleb:victory b:laugh
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    maybe... just maybe the snowmen weren't trying to kill the players... maybe they were goin after duke..... b:thanksb:chuckleb:victory b:laugh

Maybe.

But you have to remember 2 things:
    -Players been killing their ancestor for a few years now.
    -Who do you think trigger Duke's red wall spam? It's the players of course.

Add both point together, and it's not hard to see why they'd want to kill us all while they search Duke without succes. b:bye
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

b:laughb:laugh lol theyre gonna take over the PWI if they will become an AI (Artificial Intelligence ) , starting with Archosaur xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1ZOFNBL68

Why i have the feeling this was wanmei's work and not a bug ? xD but they overpowered the damage :) .How can a 3D character mob can become damager or aggressive unless someone is "playing" with the settings ? :)))

Told ya what is good today in PWI tomorrow will be nerfed lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • iamzid
    iamzid Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    how hard could it possibly be to fix 1 bug? i've been looking forward to snowmen for 12 months. get off your ***** pwi programers, stop making new mounts and wings and fix the damn snowmen. all the money pwi makes off cash shoppers and you cant even give us the pleasure of killing snowmen and fulling our genies a little bit.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It was a really sneaky wraith attack designed to look like a PWI glitch.
    Nearly had us fooled evil ones but not allwere fooled.
    b:shockedb:chuckleb:laugh
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Revenge of the snowies b:shocked

i knew its not okay to kill over 5k of em last year .b:surrender
  • Kinjareta - Archosaur
    Kinjareta - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh wow, I wish I had been there to see all of this happen, It would have been awesome!

Edit: I do wish the snowmen would come back out, I remember sitting in the east side of Archosaur for the WHOLE month last year and I have been really looking forward to having them come out again this year! But i suppose that isnt going to happen now... Killer snowmen sound so fun though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I hope I don't see snowmen this year, the lag they created on top of what already is and ...b:sadb:cry

I hate that snow that's everywhere while the event is on, I usually spend my time in cube so I won't have to see it. Wish there was a banker/postbox and a teleport stone in cube at least for this time of the year.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    so snowmen are now the pwi "zombies"? b:shocked

*grabs rifle*
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    drop down the rifle fool, u're gonna die just attracting more because of noise

*throws BT a compound bow.

now learn to use it fast

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    too much walking dead ursa? b:laugh

*picks up sportive bow with laser aim*b:cool
  • psyberion
    psyberion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Bring back the Snowmen!