No snowmen this year? Q_Q

Options
124»

Comments

• RURedytoRock - Harshlands
    RURedytoRock - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Where are the Snowmen at? If there is snow there has to be Snowmen. Most everyone likes at least a weeks worth not 4 days of snowmen as not everyone is able to be on line during that 4 day period should that be the case. Most of us work and play the game after we get home. I want to see snowmen I don't care about the special events. I look forward to this time of year as it is easy to level venomancer pets. So, Bring on the Snowmen starting next tuesdays update I mean Come on guys you have gotten so cheep and if you don't have the money to invest into the game it bites. Think of this you already have the program written that gives us the snowmen, all you have to do is turn it on. What is so hard about that? thanks
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    well at least the snow is up.

snowmen were kinda irritating with their talking >_> i dont remember being able to filter them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BlubZ - Heavens Tear
    BlubZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    as im not allowed to say it here *** will pwn pwi's snow events anytime tho :P
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    your comparing a f2p witha p2p which is kinda useless >.>

the characters there have the eyes of a dead fish too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Oops, quoted a post with mentioning another MMO.

Guess this would have to be edited too. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited December 2011
    Options
    From what I understand, the snowmen were retaliating against magical attacks with their own AoEs, which were doing substantial damage.

They've been removed while we investigate why they were changed in the first place.

LOOLOLOLOL omg sorry but this is just so funny.. i want the snowmen too but i just.. LOLOL this is funny... The snowmen retaliating LOL they were programmed to kill us All this year! its the Snowmen Apocallipse!! LOL oh God PWI u made my day b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I hope you realize that Avon Billy's plays and sonnets aren't covered by copyright. Nor is anything else published before about 1920.

And publishers here can and do bully authors into doing the changes they want all the time, such as renaming Harry Potter. It wasn't a perfect metaphor and I didn't end up choosing him because it sounded to pretentious and didn't really apply anyway. -__- I think people are missing the bigger point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Question. If only china can modify the code for the Christmas event how were they able to remove Santa, his cards, the snowball launcher, the snow balls, and the snowmen from the original event to set it up for just snow? All done here in the US by the way.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    your comparing a f2p witha p2p which is kinda useless >.>

the characters there have the eyes of a dead fish too...

actually its not that much ptp... its completly ftp the only thing you have ever to buy is 1 account, no monthly fee, no boutique stuff... its even more ftp then this f. game >_>
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Question. If only china can modify the code for the Christmas event how were they able to remove Santa, his cards, the snowball launcher, the snow balls, and the snowmen from the original event to set it up for just snow? All done here in the US by the way.

Are you sure about that? The actual event could have been changed (by the devs) so that the ID was the same, but the event was different. Unless you see the code (unlikely to ever happen), you can't say for a certainty that that is the case. Sorry!b:shutup

P.S. ~ The cards weren't actually gone. I remember quite a few people getting them a year or so ago.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? The actual event could have been changed (by the devs) so that the ID was the same, but the event was different. Unless you see the code (unlikely to ever happen), you can't say for a certainty that that is the case. Sorry!b:shutup

P.S. ~ The cards weren't actually gone. I remember quite a few people getting them a year or so ago.

December 23 2009, was playing and it began to snow, then the snowmen appeared. Jumped on the forums to see what was going on because no event was planned. The Gms had turned on the snowmen and snow. With them the quests were active but not all the npcs were in place. Santa, x-mas tree, and snowman tamer appeared later during the 09 run even though they were not supposed to be there. Got a bunch of the cards myself that year. Last year only the snow and snowmen remained but some did drop a ball or two for the launcher. Stuck one in the bank to chunk at people and still has not melted. Anyway the Npcs for the cards and such were removed at the end of the 09 run. The next patch they received from china still had them included after they had been removed here. Causing a spawn of the npcs when most people had already trashed the quests and the cards. Was a whole big mix up that year. Why I remember them talking about having to fix the mistake in the code here.

These will take you back
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5981222&postcount=34
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5981482&postcount=14
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5997722&postcount=1
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6003242&postcount=54
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6201702&postcount=1
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6210731&postcount=25
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here it went... :)

So, is there any idea if we'll get them at all this year??

or, are we just going to have the lame snow with no snow-men

QQ
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    December 23 2009, was playing and it began to snow, then the snowmen appeared. Jumped on the forums to see what was going on because no event was planned. The Gms had turned on the snowmen and snow. With them the quests were active but not all the npcs were in place. Santa, x-mas tree, and snowman tamer appeared later during the 09 run even though they were not supposed to be there. Got a bunch of the cards myself that year. Last year only the snow and snowmen remained but some did drop a ball or two for the launcher. Stuck one in the bank to chunk at people and still has not melted. Anyway the Npcs for the cards and such were removed at the end of the 09 run. The next patch they received from china still had them included after they had been removed here. Causing a spawn of the npcs when most people had already trashed the quests and the cards. Was a whole big mix up that year. Why I remember them talking about having to fix the mistake in the code here.

These will take you back

Very well done! Thank you for your hard work in digging up those old posts.

Now, Frankie... We, the players DEMAND that you address this. How can you continue to claim that you are only operating with the code you are getting from China?

Better yet, I think it's time to go to all the servers and worldchat for them to visit the forum and cause a massive stink over this.

1. We are not stupid.
    2. We will no longer accept the canned replies to our questions.
    3. Unless we see some major changes to the way PWE does business, we will be avoiding the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2011
    Options

Now, Frankie... We, the players DEMAND that you address this. How can you continue to claim that you are only operating with the code you are getting from China?

Better yet, I think it's time to go to all the servers and worldchat for them to visit the forum and cause a massive stink over this.

1. We are not stupid.
    3. Unless we see some major changes to the way PWE does business, we will be avoiding the cash shop.

I'm surprised they were still lingering on the forums actually. If anyone wants to hunt I'm sure they can find more examples.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options

These will take you back

1. We are not stupid.

Them being there could have been an error on the part of the Chinese devs. The event may have originally been removed, but forgotten in a later patch. Then when the servers were brought back up, and the event started again, the NPCs would have spawned. This proves nothing other than a part of the event that wasn't there suddenly was re-instated. You can't prove that it was the PWE people any more than I can prove it was the Chinese devs. This is nothing more than circumstantial evidence, sorry.b:surrender
  • psyberion
    psyberion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seriously, can someone ring China and order some snowmen please?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The snowmen are back!!!!!

For GW Xmas event b:chuckle
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • playedout
    playedout Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Well regardless who actually edits the code, they' ve proven they absolutely suck at it anyway. How else would you explain the wonderfull "fix" for the goons glitch that did absolutley nothing to those who abused it, and at the same time royally screwed those of us still trying to level legitmately.

How is it private servers with no income have better devs than the live version we actually spend money on?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    playedout wrote: »
    Well regardless who actually edits the code, they' ve proven they absolutely suck at it anyway. How else would you explain the wonderfull "fix" for the goons glitch that did absolutley nothing to those who abused it, and at the same time royally screwed those of us still trying to level legitmately.

How is it private servers with no income have better devs than the live version we actually spend money on?

Chinese ideology.

Make game. Turn it into something to pay money for. Ignore game. Make more games based off of same idea & engine. Turn those games into something to pay money for. Ignore those games. Repeat until you have a collection of games. If a game dies, simply let it vanish out of existence, create new game in its place.

Basically, quantity > quality.
    This is why we cannot have nice things.
    This is also why our stores do not have "made in china" items that can last long.
    Had pw been turned over to a decent american or european dev team, we would see miracles happen. Instead, american/european unlegitimate servers make those miracles happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psyberion
    psyberion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nevertheless, we need the snowmen back...