No snowmen this year? Q_Q

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately the only snowmen we are able to spawn at this time are of the horrifying-killer variety, and the devs are unable to modify them in time for Christmas.

So for this year, we'll have to stick with snow but no snowmen. However be on the lookout for our Christmas event, running from December 22nd - December 26th!

Also, from what I understand, there is a high chance of precipitation next week, so keep your eyes peeled :)
  • psyberion
    psyberion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I see...

So what was the outcome of the investigation into why they were changed in the first place?
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    psyberion wrote: »
    I see...

So what was the outcome of the investigation into why they were changed in the first place?
    They were originally intended to be used as a super-secret death squad.
    "The police found nothing at the crime scene except for the murder weapon and some blood-soaked snow."

They went AWOL from their original intentions though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    genotypist wrote: »
    "The police found nothing at the crime scene except for the murder weapon and some blood-soaked snow."

are they coming back?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No snowmen... must be all that "client instability" there at PWI... b:chuckle

Seriously... every year you manage to remove one more thing from the Christmas events.

I can't speak for other people but we miss the old Christmas events... chocolate, santa, trees, cards... now snowmen.

I just find it hard to believe that the code for the snowmen couldn't be used from a previous Christmas... oh well.

As for the "Also, from what I understand, there is a high chance of precipitation next week, so keep your eyes peeled"... , Don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genotypist
    edited December 2011
    No snowmen... must be all that "client instability" there at PWI... b:chuckle

Seriously... every year you manage to remove one more thing from the Christmas events.

I can't speak for other people but we miss the old Christmas events... chocolate, santa, trees, cards... now snowmen.

I just find it hard to believe that the code for the snowmen couldn't be used from a previous Christmas... oh well.

As for the "Also, from what I understand, there is a high chance of precipitation next week, so keep your eyes peeled"... , Don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining!
    Just because there's no snowmen doesn't mean there won't be a Christmas. Check the Event calendar that Frankie posted. We've got something else up our sleeve.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Just because there's no snowmen doesn't mean there won't be a Christmas. Check the Event calendar that Frankie posted. We've got something else up our sleeve.

Is there a possibility of getting them by January or February? Like for new years of valentines? Those are still in the winter and I really, really like snowmen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011

genotypist, thank you for your quick reply. It is refreshing to get one of those nowadays. lol

I beg you, as a PWI vet, please make this Christmas event worth our time.
    In the past, we could count on the month of December to stock up on our chi stones and fireworks...

Now, with a 4 (four) day event, I hope it will be more than socket stones or mysterious chips. (sorry, but those are about useless to us higher lvls.)

I presume that the Jan event will be for New Years. In any case, many vets will be coming home for Christmas on break from work and University. If they see a PWI without a "viable" Christmas event, word of mouth will work against PWI faster than any forum post ever could.

I urge those of you in the marketing/promotions department to look at the draw for this event and make sure it is something that will promote the PWI brand and not detract from it. Your vet players are watching.

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Is there a possibility of getting them by January or February? Like for new years of valentines? Those are still in the winter and I really, really like snowmen.

Snowmen for Valentines day? considering what we do with the snowmen.... Venus, you just reminded me of a song... this song though it's not about snowmen, in fact the song takes place in spring... but still... ermmm *shuts up*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
    edited December 2011
    Snowmen for Valentines day? considering what we do with the snowmen.... Venus, you just reminded me of a song... this song though it's not about snowmen, in fact the song takes place in spring... but still... ermmm *shuts up*

Isn't Valentine's day about a massacre somehow anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Synsae - Sanctuary
    Synsae - Sanctuary Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Isn't Valentine's day about a massacre somehow anyway?

Not really, no... it just somehow ends up that way sometimes... in one way or another...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Silvychar
  • Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately the only snowmen we are able to spawn at this time are of the horrifying-killer variety, and the devs are unable to modify them in time for Christmas.

So for this year, we'll have to stick with snow but no snowmen. However be on the lookout for our Christmas event, running from December 22nd - December 26th!

Also, from what I understand, there is a high chance of precipitation next week, so keep your eyes peeled :)

Well shoot, been looking forward to the snowmen for months....... If we don't have the snowmen, no need to put in the snow either. There is no benefit from snow unless it snows chi stones lol.
    edited December 2011
    Well shoot, been looking forward to the snowmen for months....... If we don't have the snowmen, no need to put in the snow either. There is no benefit from snow unless it snows chi stones lol.

I'm waiting for the snow before working on the loading screen contest cuz It will look better that way. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i was thinking if snowmen could drop refining orbs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    By chance, was there a formerly employeed disgrundled programer who worked on localized changes for the snowmen? If so, did he tweek the bosses as well before he left? b:laugh

Snow should have d-orb Oceans mixed in the showers, cough *hint* cough. b:chuckle

b:bye
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011

^ +1 to this.

And not only the Christmas ..what about the decomposing low lvl gear 3 stars..that was removed/nerfed too..
    But don't worry more cool content is coming (or will be removed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ^ +1 to this.

And not only the Christmas ..what about the decomposing low lvl gear 3 stars..that was removed/nerfed too..
    But don't worry more cool content is coming (or will be removed)

Naw, decomped 3-star last night for mirage stones .

b:bye
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2011

I saw your sig...FFT...+1 internets
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • genotypist
    edited December 2011
    I saw your sig...FFT...+1 internets

+5 kudos for getting the reference. b:victory
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Wow, no snow men. This sucks.
    But yea I guess, free chi stones aren't good.
    Meh, there goes the winter feel ~_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I wanted them more for finally gtting my Wind Walking Piggy's level closer to my v3eno's level. and for the chi stones. My poor genies are exhaustedb:sad
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I bet snowmen will be back after patch on tuesday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    If you can't fix the snowmen don't bother with the snow, seeing it snowing in Arch without the friendly little snowmen will just make me miss them even more.

b:cry
  • psyberion
    edited December 2011
    This really does suck regarding the lack of snowmen, unfortunately I will be missing the brief 4-day event due to visiting family. So no PWI xmas for me :(

I might check out GW though, haven't logged on there for a while they might have their usual month long festivities and games.

Seems at least a few of us have been looking forward to the snowmen for some time.
  • psyberion
    edited December 2011
    My bad, GW haven't started their xmas festivities yet either but last year they ran it from the 16th Dec until 4th Jan.

Ho hum.

Well I hope you do manage to fix the snowman issue and bring them back at some point, priorities permitting.
  • dayz29
    dayz29 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    where are the snowmen? we want snowmen. cmon its the best at christmas time, whats christmas without the snowmen?b:sad
  • /lad - Dreamweaver18
    /lad - Dreamweaver18 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011

Really? Got to call that BS right here and now. It is not hard to switch one variable in the code from attack to do nothing, normally as simple as changing a 1 to 0. Devs can even look at the code for the snowmen mines in the earthguard lands and see what they need to switch from 1 to 0 in the christmas ones. Its not that they can't do it Frankie more like they wont.

Can't wait for that special sale from the 22nd to the 26th either.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I was really looking forward to the snowmen. I wanted to level some of my pets I don't use frequently and get chi for doing it. The cube is just not as fun as killing snowmen in archosaur. I love doing it every year.

The devs should be able to fix this issue in time. It doesn't take that long to fix a problem that seems rather small. I'm very disappointed once again in our developers. Can pwe just fire all their developers? Obviously they aren't doing anything worthwhile and its a waste to pay them.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Really? Got to call that BS right here and now. It is not hard to switch one variable in the code from attack to do nothing, normally as simple as changing a 1 to 0. Devs can even look at the code for the snowmen mines in the earthguard lands and see what they need to switch from 1 to 0 in the christmas ones. Its not that they can't do it Frankie more like they wont.

Can't wait for that special sale from the 22nd to the 26th either.

Dude, they're ***-deep in the middle of releasing an expansion in China. do you think they're gonna put THAT on hold just to fix some dumb snowmen?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • gandababae33
    gandababae33 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Just adding my voice to the masses unhappy that the thousands and thousands of dollars being pumped into the game every week cant afford us a decent "system engineer" as Frankie put it, to figure out why this year the snow men code has changed. How terribly complex could their code be?

It's not like they recode the snowmen every year. +1 to the long list of disappointing events on PWI.