No snowmen this year? Q_Q

Options

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dude, they're ***-deep in the middle of releasing an expansion in China. do you think they're gonna put THAT on hold just to fix some dumb snowmen?

Considering how half-assed EVERY expansion is I wouldn't be shocked if they had it on hold just to go do something recreational. This is PWI, horribly implemented events and expansions are to be expected by now.
  • SugaMomma - Sanctuary
    SugaMomma - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Snowmen weren't even that big of a deal. b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dude, they're ***-deep in the middle of releasing an expansion in China. do you think they're gonna put THAT on hold just to fix some dumb snowmen?

This 1000%, PWI isn't allowed to make changes to the code people. This change really, really, really sucks. I was looking very much forward to this. As far as in-game dissapointments go, this ranks amongst my highest. But let's be reasonable, China is the only one that can make changes to the code, beyond changes to names and grammar of English translated text, PWE just rents the rights to distribute the game. China is busy releasing the expansion. They are fixing bugs for the expansion that have been discovered on the test servers. They are probably extremely busy at the moment. Something as minor as this isn't going to make them drop everything and fix it, even if it would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This 1000%, PWI Doesn't know how to make changes to the code people. This change really, really, really sucks.

Fixed it for ya...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /lad - Dreamweaver18
    /lad - Dreamweaver18 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not allowed to make changes to the code but allowed to add item after item to the cash shop every week? If it involves profit the people here can make adjustments to the code so fast it will make your head spin. Remember it was a pwe spokes person that said they could not adjust the code. We all know their great track record for honesty with their customers/playerbase don't we.
  • Bunnybites - Harshlands
    Bunnybites - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Snowmen weren't even that big of a deal. b:surrender

Actually, if you read the forums much, you would see that the snowmen were a pretty big deal to lots of us. It is a free event that everyone, no matter what level, can do. I spent two holidays killing them and was really looking forward to a third. I am sure I will get over it, but am a tad disappointed.
    b:sad
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just adding my voice to the masses unhappy that the thousands and thousands of dollars being pumped into the game every week cant afford us a decent "system engineer" as Frankie put it, to figure out why this year the snow men code has changed. How terribly complex could their code be?

It's not like they recode the snowmen every year. +1 to the long list of disappointing events on PWI.

I did it, I reprogrammed the Snowmen so they would be more challenging!b:laugh

More likely a recent patch changed their behavior, so yes it could be rather complex to find the code that changed them.
  • SixXsGirl - Dreamweaver
    SixXsGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dear Santa, b:sad

If its possible, i want snowmen for chirstmas this year, i'll be a good girl and will try not to one shot ppl for now.... b:cute.

So please contact pwi and urge them to fix the snowmen for us b:thanks.

Merry Chirstmas!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Fixed it for ya...
    just cause they arent allowed doesnt mean they dont know how. They dont have the back up of PWCN even if someone who knows how to do coding does it, and by mistake (humanly possible), ****s it up, and goes into unnecessary maint., which u can expect it being reported to CN, and someones gonna be responsible for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Anyone got a video of the massacre!?!?!? I never got to see!!!b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Fixed it for ya...

No, you didn't fix anything
    Not allowed to make changes to the code but allowed to add item after item to the cash shop every week? If it involves profit the people here can make adjustments to the code so fast it will make your head spin. Remember it was a pwe spokes person that said they could not adjust the code. We all know their great track record for honesty with their customers/playerbase don't we.

Anyone who understood intellectual property rights would get why that even if they have lied about some things, this isn't one of them. And that they are able to sell merchandise doesn't discredit them even the slightest bit.

....K let's put this way (and this isn't directed at any one person by the way)

In what universe would you be allowed to sell a copy of JK Rowling's book, but completely change everything you didn't like? Save all the characters you liked that died, even the owl.

In what universe would a person selling a copy of Lady Gaga's new CD be allowed to sing over her voice in areas they felt she was a little pitch-y?

If it's a book they can hold events, and with permission translate it into German. If it's a CD they can sell it at a discount, or create a display to attract sales. They could give away a free cup of coffee to anyone who purchased it. With permission, maybe they can sell individual unedited by them tracks on services such as itunes.

For PWI, It's a similar kind of thing. They can make sales and translations, maybe give away bonus items. That's ALL they are allowed to do. It is not Perfect World Entertainment's intellectual property, something corporations are actually forced to respect in the country they are based in The United States of America. They can't make changes to the code with the notable exception of sales and translations. It's not that they can't do it, or that it's overly complicated. It's that it they aren't allowed. Whoever just decided they were going to change the code would lose their job. Nobodies going to risk their job so ungrateful people who are constantly belittling them, calling them liars, and have no grasp of intellectual property rights can pew pew on virtual snowmen. The communities insistence that they do change the code shows either a lack of understanding of corporate culture, a lack of knowledge of who owns what or extreme narcissism to the point of delusion if they do understand but think it should be done anyway just so they can get free chi stones because they personally like them and were looking forward to them.

YES, it sucks. I'm not arguing that it doesn't. I'm just saying that instead of baseless accusations that aren't ground in reality, we have to accept the fact that China isn't going to get it done in time because they are too busy with an expansion. IF you want to direct you're rage at someone, direct it at China for not taking a brief break to fix something for the PWI playerbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • helpservice97
    helpservice97 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This is a load of bullcrap.....
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    In what universe would you be allowed to sell a copy of Stephanie Meyer's book, but completely change everything you didn't like? Save all the characters you liked that died, even the owl.

I seriously hope you aren't saying Stephanie Meyer wrote Harry Potter. At first I thought "Oh hell a reference to twilight", but when you said the owl thing...
    Please tell me you know JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter, and Stephanie Meyer wrote Twilight. Those two aren't even on the same level.
    If you didn't know, I'd have to punch you in the face, which is not good, cause I thought you were cool Venus.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I seriously hope you aren't saying Stephanie Meyer wrote Harry Potter. At first I thought "Oh hell a reference to twilight", but when you said the owl thing...
    Please tell me you know JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter, and Stephanie Meyer wrote Twilight. Those two aren't even on the same level.
    If you didn't know, I'd have to punch you in the face, which is not good, cause I thought you were cool Venus.

LOL oops, good catch. I also put in various book references like Stephen King, William Shakespeare, Sieg Larrson....I wanted to make the author something everyone would recognize without resorting to Harry Potter. But sadly, I couldn't think of anyone that didn't sound pretentious (shakespeare), old news (king) or maybe not popular enough (Larrson). Also, nothing quite said WTF! Why killing so many characters! Quite like when I learned she even killed the owl. :3 I blame too much studying. ::goes back to fix it:: b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LOL oops, good catch. I also put in various book references like Stephen King, William Shakespeare, Sieg Larrson....I wanted to make the author something everyone would recognize without resorting to Harry Potter. But sadly, I couldn't think of anyone that didn't sound pretentious (shakespeare), old news (king) or maybe not popular enough (Larrson). Also, nothing quite said WTF! Why killing so many characters! Quite like when I learned she even killed the owl. :3 I blame too much studying. ::goes back to fix it:: b:surrender

Much better. b:thanks

I understand the studying. Finals for college are killing me. I have a sociology one tomorrow morning. I've been staring at a textbook all day.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Much better. b:thanks

I understand the studying. Finals for college are killing me. I have a sociology one tomorrow morning. I've been staring at a textbook all day.

UGH! Same here! Japanese final tomorrow and I have a **** ton of work left to finish up by Thursday from my history of medieval art class. I don't even like art history classes....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    UGH! Same here! Japanese final tomorrow and I have a **** ton of work left to finish up by Thursday from my history of medieval art class. I don't even like art history classes....
    =O You speak Japanese too? Awesome. I haven't ran into many people who can. It is going to be my minor. I'm majoring in biology however for medical school, otherwise I'd major and minor in just languages, cause languages are cool.
    Anyway, sorry now I'm derailing this topic.

Snowmen please. b:surrender
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Anyone who understood intellectual property rights would get why that even if they have lied about some things, this isn't one of them. And that they are able to sell merchandise doesn't discredit them even the slightest bit.QUOTE]

To be honest... PWI has shown that they do have some control over our own version.
    I don't know how far PWE allows them to go but they have allowed variations between the PWs. (hypers in FC for example)

If PWI cannot make simple changes to promote their own... then maybe Wannamei should take over.

And as for J.K. Rowling... if you notice, in the US the title was changed to Sorcerer's Stone for book 1. ...but I do understand where you're going with this.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

If PWI cannot make simple changes to promote their own... then maybe Wannamei should take over.

I, for one, would support having an English server on Wanmei's side.
    Less pack sales (or should I say none? they like have no packs most of the time), cheaper items in cs, faster content updates, no massive hyper fcc lvling, all would be good. b:pleased

Ofc there is that slight issue with the anti bot messages... but they give out free exp at least and they're pretty easy to solve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Anyone who understood intellectual property rights would get why that even if they have lied about some things, this isn't one of them. And that they are able to sell merchandise doesn't discredit them even the slightest bit.

....K let's put this way (and this isn't directed at any one person by the way)

In what universe would you be allowed to sell a copy of JK Rowling's book, but completely change everything you didn't like? Save all the characters you liked that died, even the owl.

In what universe would a person selling a copy of Lady Gaga's new CD be allowed to sing over her voice in areas they felt she was a little pitch-y?

If it's a book they can hold events, and with permission translate it into German. If it's a CD they can sell it at a discount, or create a display to attract sales. They could give away a free cup of coffee to anyone who purchased it. With permission, maybe they can sell individual unedited by them tracks on services such as itunes.

For PWI, It's a similar kind of thing. They can make sales and translations, maybe give away bonus items. That's ALL they are allowed to do. It is not Perfect World Entertainment's intellectual property, something corporations are actually forced to respect in the country they are based in The United States of America. They can't make changes to the code with the notable exception of sales and translations. It's not that they can't do it, or that it's overly complicated. It's that it they aren't allowed. Whoever just decided they were going to change the code would lose their job. Nobodies going to risk their job so ungrateful people who are constantly belittling them, calling them liars, and have no grasp of intellectual property rights can pew pew on virtual snowmen. The communities insistence that they do change the code shows either a lack of understanding of corporate culture, a lack of knowledge of who owns what or extreme narcissism to the point of delusion if they do understand but think it should be done anyway just so they can get free chi stones because they personally like them and were looking forward to them.

YES, it sucks. I'm not arguing that it doesn't. I'm just saying that instead of baseless accusations that aren't ground in reality, we have to accept the fact that China isn't going to get it done in time because they are too busy with an expansion. IF you want to direct you're rage at someone, direct it at China for not taking a brief break to fix something for the PWI playerbase.

All very nice points but in this situation it is like comparing apples to oranges.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    We'll never again see a snowman at Christmas. Like everything else they eliminated the past 2 years, this one is also forever gone.
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:bye *waves bye bye to snowmen* b:cry
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kinda glad theyre gone, so i have no reason to come back and waste my christmas time on this ****ing and horribly s t u p i d game b:victory

ty pweb:thanks

hope the most ultimate mmo will come out soon ... maybe in february, will need just to buy one game account, but still no monthly fee, no idiot devs, no boutique content which ruin the whole gameplay, no more frustration... i cant wait to be gone here forever -_- ~removed~

just kinda sad i missed the killing snowman,... you idiot devs dont even realize even the npcs cant watch your fail any longer ...

i say better have bloodthirsty snowman then no snowman at all b:angry

bye pwi till the next year .. maybe... hopefully not
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    We'll never again see a snowman at Christmas. Like everything else they eliminated the past 2 years, this one is also forever gone.

And someone's a pessimist. Big surprise.b:surrender

They tried to add them this year, but they weren't working as intended. Thus, PWE made the decision (in the better interests of the F2P players) to not keep them as they were. This led to them having to inform us that we wouldn't be seeing snowmen this year, not out of any fault of their own, but out of the fault of the developers, who are too busy to re-configure the snowmen.

Also, @SkogDyr - This game wasn't originally named Perfect World International. Heck, China's version called the last expansion 2012, whereas we got Genesis. They can change things like the name, but they can't touch the content inside.
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    come on i play the official pw just too see everything like christmas event and not to hear "we can not make it run" sounds like no official...b:embarrass
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    It may just seem silly for some people but the snowmen event was one of the few events that I look forward to every year. Seriously? You can't change the code to maybe make new types of snowmen at least? Not being able to fix something simple like the snowmen is just a lame, lazy excuse. Why bother have the snow falling the main cities, it just adds insult to injury.... /rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    And someone's a pessimist. Big surprise.b:surrender

They tried to add them this year, but they weren't working as intended. Thus, PWE made the decision (in the better interests of the F2P players) to not keep them as they were. This led to them having to inform us that we wouldn't be seeing snowmen this year, not out of any fault of their own, but out of the fault of the developers, who are too busy to re-configure the snowmen.

Also, @SkogDyr - This game wasn't originally named Perfect World International. Heck, China's version called the last expansion 2012, whereas we got Genesis. They can change things like the name, but they can't touch the content inside.

If only you knew how freaking easy it is to fix the snowmen.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If only you knew how freaking easy it is to fix the snowmen.b:chuckle

I would think KrittyCat is aware of this, I've seen him... do things before... For some other people....
    For a certain de-en community. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Feed them more with your wallets, let`s see what else they will not do/fix!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

I hope you realize that Avon Billy's plays and sonnets aren't covered by copyright. Nor is anything else published before about 1920.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga