Max APS 3.0

Options
LadySam - Raging Tide
LadySam - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Why you don`t make the max aps to be 3.0 not 5.0 The game will be more balanced and there`s won`t be such a discrimination in squads b:victory
Post edited by LadySam - Raging Tide on

Comments

• PriestRain - Raging Tide
    PriestRain - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I voted yes..But if they do it, how will that affect sin's life??? They will QQ, quit, shoot intro monitor, RAGE! b:chuckle

One more thing, they wont be able to say "HA HA HA FAIL!!! I dont even have to use skills to kill u.." when they pk.. b:laugh
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I voted yes, but keep in mind that just lowering the cap to 3 aps =/= nerfing aps with as result that aps will be capped at 3. Just lowering the cap would majorly benefit sage sins, make demon spark absolutely useless for 80% of the demon population, and would hurt sins as class less then other melee classes.

This discussion has been on a lot of times, and the overall simplified conclusion seems to be : almost everyone wants aps to be nerfed to get more balance, but nearly nobody is willing to spend even 10sec longer in an instance and only want "5 aps +10" squads, so start to threaten with the "2h+ TT argument".

Just voted, cause I hope there will be a nerf of some kind that will bring some balance back.
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i will vote happy yes if that also means they will nerf magic output by alot its bs how it is atm a bm can get 450str max but a psy can get 650 with req needs and not that magic hits alot harder dph then any phy class even seeker and sin
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i will vote happy yes if that also means they will nerf magic output by alot its bs how it is atm a bm can get 450str max but a psy can get 650 with req needs and not that magic hits alot harder dph then any phy class even seeker and sin

I'd vote yes too, but I agree, magic attacks need to be nerfed or have a chance to fumble (effects hitting themselves instead of intended target)... or reduce maximum multipliers for sparked or normal skill attacks to like 200% maximum.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Magic attacks can be interrupted, is their built-in downside.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why you don`t make the max aps to be 3.0 not 5.0 The game will be more balanced and there`s won`t be such a discrimination in squads b:victory

Like a vote to do this hasen't happened before, won out, and still nothing was done...b:cute

IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I`d vote 2.0 but 3.0 is a start.

But on the other hand, all my demon skills would be a massive coin waste since I`d need to switch to sage and so would every1 else.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So...what your all trying to say is...you want all to be sage right..plz shut up about aps YOUR JUST JEALOUS...go make your coin,make your gear like the rest who have earned it to get their aps and quit QQing cause u cant get in a nirv squad..this is what this is.

oh btw..this game will never be balanced due to epic r9'ers so lets make a vote that no one can wear r9 gears to a tw or r8 for that matter so tw can be more of a balanced situation,and no one can have over a +5 weapon or other gears..yeah see that will never happen to..so plz move on.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why would I be jealous, i`m 5.0 +10, this is game - breaking, having played a while as an OP aps - monkey i know a thing or two, bottom line is that the game becomes too easy, you don`t need a squad to do practically anything and, thus, it breaks up the community since no1 is dependent on each other but are more or less by them selves!

Anyways, we can have as many votes as we like but nothing will be changed so relax, it`s not like they will listen to the player-base all of a sudden.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Why you don`t make the max aps to be 3.0 not 5.0

Here's a better idea. Have all fist and claw weapons restricted to blademasters only, like it's supposed to be.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Here's a better idea. Have all fist and claw weapons restricted to blademasters only, like it's supposed to be.

Then you will see a lot more fish OP QQ threads b:chuckle
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sometimes i'm rly glad that devs don't care a **** about complains in this forum b:laugh b:kiss

Have u thought about ppl who spent thousands of hours to obtain their aps gear?? And demon skills?? 3spark is the only thing that keeps my sin alive at op bosses.

Casters have their caster nv now, which has a way better drop rate. No need to complain anymore. They r very wanted for full gv, trials and other instances that will be released in future. Venos and clerics r even wanted in normal nv for heal and debuffs.

Casters r very wanted in tw, more than any other class. Casters r only for rich ppl - when those ppl dont make a money maker class and play alot. Don't be selfish and just make a bm/sin as every1 else who's fair to his friends/ faction.

I'd like to have a well geared/sharded high lvl caster too - but cant afford it (and i'm playing since beta). It's a f2p game, but of course u can't get everything as easy as ppl who spent rl money and keep this game alive this way.

*I'm waiting for the next thread who wants to set a max. gold price* ... some ppl r so selfish and greedy, they want everything for free or cheap. Charge gold by ur own if u can't be patient! Why should some1 sell his/her hard earned money for almost nothing?? Just to let the 24/7/356 addicts benefit??
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    u all are so....lazy? i geared a 5.0 +10 bm with a....wizard! yes its possible :O
    then with this bm i farmed coins and finaly got...R9 omg!

caster nirv is better than normal nirv...so well just go form a squad? but like most u probably just take US at mysterious old man.
    sometimes it can be harder to make an APS nirv squad than a caster one

APS means nothing btw. my R9 psy has probably more DPS than bm with deicides lol

u want aps to be 3.0 max...then good luck in TT 3-2 and 3-3...guess if it ever happen u will all QQ about gold mats price, and even green mats...cause atm some are kinda free, and they were 2-3M EACH before aps classes became OP, guess u would QQ too about nirvana mats price
    oh yeah, i remember some TT3-3 3-4h long... and no good drops, guess u would QQ for that too

the solution shuldnt be nerf classes, since some spent months for their char, the solution would be to update/upgrade instances to make soloing impossible
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'd vote yes too, but I agree, magic attacks need to be nerfed or have a chance to fumble (effects hitting themselves instead of intended target)... or reduce maximum multipliers for sparked or normal skill attacks to like 200% maximum.
    Sounds like a good idea, and probably easier/less discriminating to put in game/
    So...what your all trying to say is...you want all to be sage right..plz shut up about aps YOUR JUST JEALOUS...go make your coin,make your gear like the rest who have earned it to get their aps and quit QQing cause u cant get in a nirv squad..this is what this is.

Actually, there are more and more that belong to the 5 aps group that would like to see the game being balanced. On sin I can solo any bh except delta and solo every TT, and still I want to see a nerf... No offence, but it's more those "zomg, I'm 5 aps but for the rest my gear is so **** that I don't have any benefit at all from permaspark cause I'm a 1 shot even in nirvana" that don't want any change.
    gyroki wrote: »
    Have u thought about ppl who spent thousands of hours to obtain their aps gear?? And demon skills?? 3spark is the only thing that keeps my sin alive at op bosses.
    This made me lol. There are at least 2 sins that can solo most stuff, and that are more then willing to give it up if it improves the game overall. It's just game-breaking.

Besides, that is exactly how it was before... Imo, no LA should be able to tank bosses of their own lvl, let alone solo them.
    Casters r very wanted in tw, more than any other class. Casters r only for rich ppl - when those ppl dont make a money maker class and play alot. Don't be selfish and just make a bm/sin as every1 else who's fair to his friends/ faction.
    That is exactly the problem. Ppl should play the class they like to play, not the one that makes the most money. It's not normal that to be a wizzie you need to have a sin/bm to buy gear. Besides, tw is only like 2h a week, and concerns not even 5% of the players because of time zones and only a few major factions holding the map anyway. PvE concerns everyone, so there should be some balance there.

And what about those who don't have the time/will/courage to have more then 1 character? Must they be forced to make a sin/bm just because of coins, even if they would like a caster more?
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Please then also lower the casting rate.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    3spark is the only thing that keeps my sin alive at op bosses.

...um are we talking about actually tanking the boss or the aoes of said OP boss? Most advanced instances/bosses are meant to be completed as a team. The only toon I actually feel useful on in an instance is my cleric, even so I often feel like a buff/debuff monkey. If you seriously wanted to solo something all the time, play a console game. I have yet to hear of a boss that is impossible to take down, as long as you have a good squad it shouldn't make a difference.

I agree with Tawarwaith that no one with LA should be able to tank, unless of course it's a low-level/easy boss. Any class that wears LA is a DD, not a tank.

Also, why are people complaining about how OP casters are when there are clearly other classes that can do a lot of damage as well, take seekers for example.

No one is stopping anyone from asking a DD to watch their damage in a squad. When I did bh69 on my cleric I ask specifically, especially sins and psychics, to watch their damage. If they take aggro more than once, I stop healing them and they just sit there dead.

Anyone can turn themselves into a twitching set of pixels while face rolling on the keyboard to kill a boss....it takes someone who actually knows how to play the game to work as a team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    <snip> Most advanced instances/bosses are meant to be completed as a team....

<snip>Anyone can turn themselves into a twitching set of pixels while face rolling on the keyboard to kill a boss....it takes someone who actually knows how to play the game to work as a team.

True

But, the only problem here is, there are so many selfish-greedy thieves/scammers or the QQ Its-All-About-Me-I-WANT-The-Rare-Mats.... that many of us turn to Soloing just so we can avoid this.

Even in Nirvana, you have no clue if the person is being on the up-and-up with you and what was in the chests. In TT you have the peron that rages if they don't get the uber rare drop everyone worked hard for, or you get the banker that goes *POOF* and self-dc's.

It would be nice if there was teams that could be trusted but most are self-absorbed brats, that only care about their own gears and bank. Im not even going to touch the clueless teammates that live in afk status/on follow, or the ones that can't play their class.
  • DeepAqua - Heavens Tear
    DeepAqua - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I Vote yes also but take it one step further:

I have multi toons most over 80 and 2 at 100<the hard way>

Sins-Should be caped at 2.5
    BM- Should be caped at 3.0
    Cleric- Needs to have a Self Res<they die alot trying to save squishy *** sins>
    Barb-Completly Broken and Unplayable Most worthless toon in the game< hp buff aside>
    Veno-Veno's are probably about right the way they are.
    Wizzy-They are nukers it's totaly !@#* up that any melee class would outdamage them.
    Psy-I think this is on par with veno and probably about right.
    seeker/mystic I don't know enough about to really say yet as mine are only in 70's

oh yeah... CAP THE FREAKING APS AND MAKE PEOPLE USE THE WHOLE SQUADS ABILITIES TO ACCOMPLISH SOMTHING.
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    There are atleast two things to do in games that require the team work of multi characters.......You know whats.....they are the least done instances in the game.

Delta, where lasts about an hour an a half and you will probably walk away with a million coins worth of stuff if not more.

9 trials, where you get the matts to build the very best gear in the game besides the boutique based rank 9.

No I think the majority of the players playing the game are just happy how it is.
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    One thing most of you dont think abt, sins are hella squishies so without high atk rate and BP they are doomed, they are like melee EA's.

EA got their range, sins got their aps.

If it gonna be reduced i think 4.0 is good enough.

Just cuz you want it to be harder doesnt mean that you should nerf others that paid/worked hard for their aps. Yes magic classes are nukers, but DPS and DPH isnt the same. (For those who dont know DPS = damage per second, DPH = damage per hit.)

And, if you gonna balance it, why nerf only aps? Sure, it makes PvE harder, ofc it makes PvP even harder, cuz then mag classes can 1shot everything and other classes are pwnt. And if you nerf both then the mag classes will QQ.

And i REALLY doubt anything gonna get nerfed concidering you now can get R8 recast with interval now.

Most of you seem to think primarily towards yourself. Think about the whole aspect and not only ur ***. If you want it to be harder in PvE, get a squad that doesnt go aps.
    As ppls say about other ****, its not PWE's decission to how you play, its ur own.
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    im a six aps barb yea :sarcasm:

some people put a lot of work ( or money ) into APS so the only way you can do

is balance it out with the new expansion skills ( im assuming)

so lets see what happens and re-visit this later
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No ty. My main isn't an aps class but I enjoy things going faster.

The damage is done anyway, too late to fix it after people spent so much on the gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Scenario:

- I need a boss... can anyone help me (a few say "I can")

- Okay - we need a cleric (one will be on in an hour)(oh an hour? No I have to go soon)

- Okay - let me check my FL - please check your FL

(30 minutes go by)

- Anyone find a barb or tanker? (No..)

(30 minutes go by)

- Okay I found a tanker and a cleric - let's go (I can't go - sorry)

- Okay I found a tanker, cleric and DDer - let's go (okay - squad us)

(15 minutes as people fly-tele-run to instance)

(get in instance at boss, the Cleric DC's - total squad wipe)

- Cleric back to rez us ? (No....)

- Anyone know a cleric? (No....) (Dude I got to go).

Yeah - fond memories... want these days back?

ahh fond memories almost got a tear in my eye and this was on a daily basis not to mention 99 gold mats like illuison stone for 35-40mil each or canny for 1mil who want that back? no1 cuz no1 will buy it
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Balance the classes by reduce Sin's APS cap to 4.0, leave BM's at 5.0, and increase Archers to 7.5? b:chuckle I'd totally re-roll demon on my Archer just for that, just to out-DPS a Sin.

Reducing the cap won't work simply because you would have too many people rage quitting. They tried a Chi Gain while in Sage/Demon Spark nerf in China, and it made massive rage. Imagine an APS cap?

Biggest problem with the Chi Gain nerf was it effected 89-99 low APS players waaaaaaaay more than 100+ more. What was difficult for a 2.0 BM became downright impossible with that nerf.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the aps qq is funny-the highest damage characters in this game are not 5.0 they are 4.0.

Go ahead an cap aps at 4.0 it still wont change a thing.

With all the new changes, I can't believe anyone still qq about aps....they ought to qq about the curent method of finding squads...thats a much more deserved QQ.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This made me lol. There are at least 2 sins that can solo most stuff, and that are more then willing to give it up if it improves the game overall. It's just game-breaking.

Besides, that is exactly how it was before... Imo, no LA should be able to tank bosses of their own lvl, let alone solo them.

So you're saying LA with +10-12 gear shouldn't be able to tank bosses that HA with **** gear can? We're past the age of people getting 2 shot by bosses.
    That is exactly the problem. Ppl should play the class they like to play, not the one that makes the most money. It's not normal that to be a wizzie you need to have a sin/bm to buy gear. Besides, tw is only like 2h a week, and concerns not even 5% of the players because of time zones and only a few major factions holding the map anyway. PvE concerns everyone, so there should be some balance there.

And what about those who don't have the time/will/courage to have more then 1 character? Must they be forced to make a sin/bm just because of coins, even if they would like a caster more?

Guess you don't know how much the weekly events can bring to just about any class. Plenty of things to do in-game, not everybody who have nice gear farm til their eyes bleed.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    - Anyone find a barb or tanker? (No..)

<== Here's at least 1 barb that would actually play again if the class would have an actual use again.

Out of all the barbs I know from the past 3 years that still play, 80%+ rerolled a bm or sin (including me) and don't do anything on their barb anymore besides TW and delta only with ppl they know. The rest went fist build. A few still play in vit build but won't do anything with a wc or random squad.

There is also an extra tanking class and an extra healer class now. Problem is, nobody plays them for PvE purpose because they were obsolete for 90% of the game before the EG expension was even released.

If squads would actually be needed again, we might get to see more classes then just bm and sin. And with that, it would become easier to get squads again. I liked how it was before. Barb was the best tank. Bm and herc could also tank the majority of the bosses, making a barb usually not essential but always wanted. This has nothing to do with TT lasting 2h+, but it's just about each class having a real use in any instance/place. Imo, wanting more then 1 of a specific class in a squad already points out balance is gone.

@Quillue :
    - Like I said "of same lvl". Maybe I should have specified "lvl" doesn't only imply the digits in left upper corner of screen. For me it also implies the lvl, or quality if you prefer, of gear. But I'll ask you a question in return : you think it's normal for a LA class to solo a hard hitting physical boss like Snakefist, while on barb I need cleric and DD?
    - They should start spreading events, instead of making stupid EU servers. Anyway, I'd still like to see a wizzard soloing TT 3-x. Cause that is what's not normal, that you can talk about ppl that got their gear not by farming doesn't change that fact.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    True

But, the only problem here is, there are so many selfish-greedy thieves/scammers or the QQ Its-All-About-Me-I-WANT-The-Rare-Mats.... that many of us turn to Soloing just so we can avoid this.

Even in Nirvana, you have no clue if the person is being on the up-and-up with you and what was in the chests. In TT you have the peron that rages if they don't get the uber rare drop everyone worked hard for, or you get the banker that goes *POOF* and self-dc's.

It would be nice if there was teams that could be trusted but most are self-absorbed brats, that only care about their own gears and bank. Im not even going to touch the clueless teammates that live in afk status/on follow, or the ones that can't play their class.

I agree with you saying that there can be a lot of greedy players, however the simple remedy is to find an active faction that likes doing instance runs. Either that or generate a friend list. Personally the only instance runs that I do with randoms are frost and bhs, but there I generate a friend list to tap later on.

In the factions that I'm in, pretty much all the members know how to play their class (aps or rank or neither of the two).

Now, if there is a slow day on either of my factions, I often do a solo Lunar or TT on my cleric or my venomancer. There are still solo instances, yeah the drops can be bad but on double drops I do pretty well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm all for it, but unfortunately, the people running PWI have already given their answer