Max APS 3.0

Options

Comments

• ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sigh the whole community's divided in half on this aps fiasco. But instead of capping the aps at 3.0 or lower has any1 thought of further lowering the - int on the aps gear?

Like instead of having an ashuras bracers of -0.1int we can further lower it to say -0.05 or -0.025 or so....same with set bonuses; i.e. instead of -0.05 we nerf it down to -0.02. Such that when an aps DDer gets the full aps gear needed for todays 5aps, his aps wud only be at around 3.0 or maybe 2.5.

Leave the base weapon damage as it is (daggers at 1.47 attack rate) so that a full apsed sin/bm can act as a good DDer but not too OP as compared to the lesser geared counterparts.
    But still pro enough

And people please don't complain when some caster +10 refined out damages a less refined melee DDer;

As for LA guys able to tank bosses, well i guess the lower aps plan explained above should do fix that part as bloodpaint won't work fully with the decreased aps. Inshort we have a balance to this game.....except that i dunno, with this, r9+12 barbs will all need to be ganked inorder to be killed b:surrender

They'd need to revamp the attack speed code in order to allow -intervals unequal to multiples of 0.05
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What about -channeling? ever seen a wiz or cleric with -90% channeling? u will never make it to them. As to magic caster being interupted, there is skills to make them un-interuptable. nerf aps, then u must nerf mag class. thinking about making a psy since a maxed psy is untouchable.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol get real aps player are DEX players **** it if ur gona complain about the damage you guys take from magic damage. you guys made a choice about going dex and dumping vit so do not complain about being easy prey to magic in pk.

this is about hit per sec not about the 3str 2dex build you made.

Seriously, are you an idiot? Oh, you're a barb. That kinda answers my question. b:pleased

On a side note, my primary target in TWs is generally the top squad in a faction. That used to mean players like Ehee, Thinker, Mechserac... now that would be people like Cailey, (sp?)... or even like Kelbin or his mage, or others in their class.

I'm sure you PK players like that all the time and never get hurt. Their magic doesn't hurt at all. /facepalm

So, ST*U nub and go back to tree of perditioning lowbies and running back to safe zone. b:bye

no go back to quitting michael x/x 2 sparks for a chance to 1 shot myself would be sad =[[

Haha, aww. Okies, I go now. b:cry

all ppl dont know nerfing aps makes it alot harder for casters then it already is aps keeps prices down therefor having a more negative effect on caster then be4

They're blinded with APS-rage. They don't realize the truth, they just hear or see the term 5-APS and start nervously twitching while having uncontrollable Aspergers attacks.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    all ppl dont know nerfing aps makes it alot harder for casters then it already is aps keeps prices down therefor having a more negative effect on caster then be4

I dunno about that.

My Veno and Mystic are pretty decent and Mystic is in generic gear. My then-84 Psy tanked my Clerics Culti bosses and helped her get her 89 Fairy. My Wiz is... well she hurts if she hits you.

I think it comes back to understanding your class, gearing them to your play style (all of my casters except Veno are in generic gear).
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have to put no for this. Realistically, other than being discriminated against in squads, I.E. Nirvany or TT, 5.0 aps has no real bearing on the game. Sure, it makes sins OP in PVP, but still. Think about it. If you are a TW player, 5.0 makes no difference. A 5.0 sin can pop out of stealth, kill maybe one or two people, then either force stealth or die. BMs 5.0 is kind of silly in TW, that's not your job. And archers 5.0 in TW is just foolish. Now if this is primarily for PVP/PVE, then yeah, 3.0 should be max, but you can't take 5.0 away from PVPers
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    5aps is not the the real problem instead its the combination of the following:

5aps+permaspark
    5aps+booldpaint
    5aps+stealth

there were lots of ideas how to **** permasparking 5aps f.e increasing the durability loss during spark by the bonus weapon damage modifier thats 500%.
    destroying your weapon with just a single spark doesn't sound fun...does it?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Take aps away from a Bm and what have they got left?

HF and stun, thats pretty feeble.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The problem is not aps or even dps, the problem is people do not know how to work together. The sin class does exactly what it was made and intended to do. If you cant figure out how to work together then you where a fail player long before sins came along. Every class has its use and if you cant figure that out you never will.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So basically you want to change it now so all of the money people spent is for naught? I understand that it isn't fair when people have 5.0 aps and can run Nirvana quickly which leads to a better profit, but PW isn't going to change anything. 5.0 is part of the game, and if you think about it, just having 5.0 makes you lose out on other gear benefits. You need Asura/Lionrex boots and wrists for 5.0 along with the adorns, which again lowers some of your defense while you have 5.0. PW isn't going to change the APS cap because they probably feel the cost of 5.0 paired with the lack of def makes up for it. Granted, I know BM's change gear and what not, but I am talking about when the gear is equipped and the negative consequences.

As for nerfing magic attack, this is ridiculous. First off, damage is already reduced during PVP. Second, casters with a high magic attack are glass cannons, which balances out the damage considering two arrows will kill them. It is also impossible on PW to have an extremely fast casting time, which makes APS unfair to casters because we can only attack so fast.

I say just leave the game the way it is and stop QQing about everything and learn to deal with it. Every class has their own pros and their own cons which balances out the game. If you can't find a squad for anything, maybe you need to make more friends that will run dungeons with you.

5.0 is broken. It's unbalanced. When you have Mage classes rolling LA or HA to use fists because they out DD a magic based build, it should become apparent that maybe, just maybe, there's something drastically wrong with the basic design of -interval and how the classes are balanced.

The answer isn't obvious. Wanmei hasn't been able to successfully balance classes yet, and at this rate, they won't be able to ever.
    Back in the day there was everquest. They had an item called "moss covered twig". It caused the same issues that aps does in PWI.

They nerfed the weapon. Super low delay in attack is game breaking and removes one of the core fun-part effects of an mmo - cooperation.

A poster listed the following:

1) Genies
    2) Bless Boxes +30 attack levels
    3) Bloodpaint
    4) Fail stealth
    5) APS
    6) Rank gear
    7) Packs

Genies aren't broken. They nerfed em a while back, they were worse.
    Facebook Bless boxes make instances easier, the check out ones werent bad.
    Bloodpaint is severely broken. I can aoe solo without concern to my hp, and apd would not be as independent of other classes without it.
    Stealth just needs to cancel when you interact with your environment.
    APS needs to be toned down - no matter how much fun it is. Some will qq and rage quit, but more may come back/do more groups.
    Rank gear and packs are kinda meh.

I did 4 rounds of FF last night with some other old schoolers in a full group. It was not as good of experience as duo, but way more fun, especially in terms of cooperation and comaraderie.

People qq about plvlers and gooners not earning their levels. Honestly those that aps + bp their way through gear is about the same. Do you really feel you earned and fought for that gear?

I know I feel the game experience has been cheapened by the FF and aps craze. Level too fast, instances are too quick and easy to farm.

And gg they need to fix barb aggro past 90. Kinda sad the class is reduced to being worth no more than devour so the "real" aps classes can do more damage and tank.

I disagree that Genies are broken. A level 77 barb shouldn't be able to solo a boss in FCC. b:surrender Genies may be nerfed compared to what they were when they first came out, but I can still use Relentless Courage and get my 2.86 Sage Archer to 5.0 for 8 seconds. My Barb recovers 9k HP using ToP. I have a genie with 96 Str points, Occult Ice would be a pretty much guaranteed success if I put it on that genie. That genie is only level 90! That's OP, as are the skills that can remove stun and get you out of stunlock or prevent it.

Packs are broken because you can get endgame gear out of them. These packs are taking the cooperation out of the game too. It's becoming an MMO of 'let me solo ****, I just bought everything or got it all out of packs'. Granted, I bought a Love: Up and Down off someone for a fraction of what they sold for pre-packs. But i want to do Gamma, and... Gamma is hardly done anymore. >_>
    I miss the days when people had to zhen for their levels. b:chuckle but, PW changes and will continue to change no matter what. They might nerf aps just for the sheer fact that everyone will have it and will no longer need to CS, which will cause PW to lose money.

The rank gear needs to stay, I am going to farm my butt off for it so I have something to work towards b:irritated

I also agree that barbs need to have a way to keep aggro better at higher levels. It is getting to the point where my herc is taking aggro and the barb can't get it off even if my herc isn't using Bash to keep aggro. I feel like it all depends on the server you are on...since HT is a PVE server, aps is wanted more and the game gets boring once you have nothing left to farm for. PVP servers might experience aps differently because it is kind of boring in PVP. It doesn't take skill to spark and hit a button to auto-attack someone and kill them.

I miss those days too. I hate doing my FB's with 100+, and having it take 2 minutes, learning nothing about my class from it. Really made me sad when it turned into a 'lets solo people's FB's for them' deal. Now, you say 'lets do FB together!' and they say 'That's unpossible!' Well, I did my FB19 in 2008 with 5 level 19 Venos and a level 20 cleric. There WERE no 100's to come curbstomp all the mobs for us. I learned more about my veno doing that than most new venos learn in 2 weeks of buying heads then squadwiping like mad in Nirvana. >_> 'WAT'S AMP?! DOES IT KILL MOBS?!'
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    5.0 is broken. It's unbalanced. When you have Mage classes rolling LA or HA to use fists because they out DD a magic based build, it should become apparent that maybe, just maybe, there's something drastically wrong with the basic design of -interval and how the classes are balanced.

The only mage class that can out DD a magic-based build with claw/fist is a veno, and that's only because their sparks and spark gain are different. Even then, how many claw venos do you know on Sanct? You speak as if it's a common thing.

How come few people actually think -int gear is broken in PvP? Because people don't stand there like a wooden stake. The only problem is that that is how bosses in PvE currently are.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    How come few people actually think -int gear is broken in PvP? Because people don't stand there like a wooden stake. The only problem is that that is how bosses in PvE currently are.

But if you made bosses move constantly, that'd pretty much make close-range melees useless as they'd spend most of their time running to the boss instead of attacking it. Because unlike in PvP, you can't stun or immobilize bosses. If you could, then having them move around would also be kinda redundant as you could just have people time their immobilizes and stuns in a way that the bosses would never move.

And if you made them move around only occasionally, nothing would change.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They could just make bosses stunnable, freezable, and constantly pacing. Then it'd take skill and teamwork to kill a boss.

Also reducing boss hp would allow many more classes to be usable. For example: my bow DPS with 3 spark is better than my claw DPS, but my claw DPS is more sustainable since I can perma spark.

This means with very good squads that can down bosses in 1-2 spark cycles, using bow is actually better. If bosses had less hp in general, more classes would be useful. The problem in PvE is, no one wants to afk macro a boss for 20min anymore. Bosses in this game had too much hp to begin with.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They could just make bosses stunnable, freezable, and constantly pacing. Then it'd take skill and teamwork to kill a boss.

Also reducing boss hp would allow many more classes to be usable. For example: my bow DPS with 3 spark is better than my claw DPS, but my claw DPS is more sustainable since I can perma spark.

This means with very good squads that can down bosses in 1-2 spark cycles, using bow is actually better. If bosses had less hp in general, more classes would be useful. The problem in PvE is, no one wants to afk macro a boss for 20min anymore. Bosses in this game had too much hp to begin with.

Actually, 5.0 with claw outDD's 1.0 with bow by alot in terms of DPS, 1 hit with 20k compared to 5 hits on 5-6k a second. (random numbers) as you see the math goes up that the 5aps outdmg. But thats only overtime mainly, as best use on bosses. If bow were 2aps then it'd outDD the claw/fist by alot but that i really doubt will happen with the first. Then again thats more in the term of a mob/boss with alot of hp, if its a 100k hp mob then ofc bow beats claw/fist but if its a boss with some mill HP claw/fist outDD's it alot.

(this comming from a veteran EA)
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    hey hey it took me 5 years to get to lvl 105 tyvm, you BARB ha!

thats funny, PWI only existed for about 3~4 years and RT was released 2years ago?
    GOONER Is Gone, Bring the BAN HAMMER!b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
    edited December 2011
    Options
    thats funny, PWI only existed for about 3~4 years and RT was released 2years ago?
    GOONER Is Gone, Bring the BAN HAMMER!b:dirty

It seems alot longer for kids, they got a different view of things b:chuckle
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Only reason I vote no is because of the amount of time and frustration i put in just to get 5.0 I went from Sword BM to pole Bm to Axe Bm then due to community Fist BM.

I wasn't cashing money to do this over night I had to bust azz and even got some help from my wife and friends.

Make this poll a year ago and i say sure np cause 3.33 to me is fine enough. or hell if u nurf me reimburse me with something. Just like other things that got nurfed, nothing else got reimburse just ppl lose out on something after working for or even spending money for.

I like the days where Barbs was able to be the barb and tank things no one else could . Social wise barbs was better to talk with ..now adays its alot of grumble or they tryna bust azz to get aps. I mean damn theres Aps Fistomancers running around.

I wouldnt mind the investment in other skills with other weapons ..its what makes a BM a BM. it was fun.

I mean come on after this far after ppl rebuilding restating and etc to get higher aps..why it got to be the aps that get nurfed? How about remove spark burst instead ? No one spent money in that lol
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Finria - Sanctuary
    Finria - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Then you will see a lot more fish OP QQ threads b:chuckle

I'm a sin and I voted for Yes b:victory
    edited December 2011
    Options
    For all you that says barbs are useless in term of tanking i can agree, tho PWE or Wan Mei or who the *** ever can do that now never thought of increasing the threat from barb skills and make it last longer? ofc not they cant think abt sht .... >>

Tho removing 5aps wont be the right thing to do, it'd just make the game die alot since ppls who worked for 5aps etc would get pissed losing alot of time/cash they worked with to get 5aps.

Also sins would still be able to solo ALOT, even with 3.33 aps. They can still permaspark and 3.33 hits a sec is still enuf for them to heal themself. There are alot of ppls who farms for their 5.0 with 3.33 aps etc and can solo sht well enuf already.

It will *** it up more for the ppls who arent sins when it comes to sparking, and aps.
  • BloodyNero - Raging Tide
    BloodyNero - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    5.0 is broken. It's unbalanced. When you have Mage classes rolling LA or HA to use fists because they out DD a magic based build, it should become apparent that maybe, just maybe, there's something drastically wrong with the basic design of -interval and how the classes are balanced.5aps deicides cleric....they really should restrict fists and claws to BMs and barbs

. But i want to do Gamma, and... Gamma is hardly done anymore. >_>what is gamma? sorry i'm only 4 months into the game properly and no1's ever mentioned it b:surrender

I learned more about my veno doing that than most new venos learn in 2 weeks of buying heads then squadwiping like mad in Nirvana. >_> 'WAT'S AMP?! DOES IT KILL MOBS?!'Or level 100 sins doing faarng for culti b:laugh
    Sigh the whole community's divided in half on this aps fiasco. But instead of capping the aps at 3.0 or lower has any1 thought of further lowering the - int on the aps gear?

Like instead of having an ashuras bracers of -0.1int we can further lower it to say -0.05 or -0.025 or so....same with set bonuses; i.e. instead of -0.05 we nerf it down to -0.02. Such that when an aps DDer gets the full aps gear needed for todays 5aps, his aps wud only be at around 3.0 or maybe 2.5.

Leave the base weapon damage as it is (daggers at 1.47 attack rate) so that a full apsed sin/bm can act as a good DDer but not too OP as compared to the lesser geared counterparts.
    But still pro enough

And people please don't complain when some caster +10 refined out damages a less refined melee DDer;

As for LA guys able to tank bosses, well i guess the lower aps plan explained above should do fix that part as bloodpaint won't work fully with the decreased aps. Inshort we have a balance to this game.....except that i dunno, with this, r9+12 barbs will all need to be ganked inorder to be killed b:surrender

Nobody's even reading this b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

Tho removing 5aps wont be the right thing to do, it'd just make the game die alot since ppls who worked for 5aps etc would get pissed losing alot of time/cash they worked with to get 5aps.

1. This thread is not in Suggestions forum and GMs not see it.

2. In this game will remain(<-Edited) just those who approve high APS style game.

Each new one who will get cash using god (high aps) mode will vote for 5+aps.

You can see it from the poll, from the bh squads which are from melee in most cases, etc.

So, even players agree with 5APS.

If we will remove 5aps now, then half of population will left game.

I saw same in other MMORPG game yesterday - reading forums of other games(ROM forum is almost empty, talks about merge of servers, etc.).

Assassins World International(pwi) welcomes new Assassins.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    magicsabre wrote: »
    1. This thread is not in Suggestions forum and GMs not see it.

2. In this game will left just those who approve high APS style game.

Each new one who will get cash using god (high aps) mode will vote for 5+aps.

You can see it from the poll, from the bh squads which are from melee in most cases, etc.

So, even players agree with 5APS.

If we will remove 5aps now, then half of population will left game.

I saw same in other MMORPG game yesterday - reading forums of other games(ROM forum is almost empty, talks about merge of servers, etc.).

Assassins World International(pwi) welcomes new Assassins.

are you going against what i said or with it? o.O
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    are you going against what i said or with it? o.O

I just wrote (read it again), that this thread can't change anything and if someone will remove 5 aps from game, then most of Assassins will left game.

Quantity of Assassins you can see yourself when you are in game.

Same for all high APS melee.

Some factions even set restrictions for Assassins (all classes from 90+, Assassins from 100+).

And I voted against 5APS since I like caster classes.
    edited December 2011
    Options
    magicsabre wrote: »
    I just wrote (read it again), that this thread can't change anything and if someone will remove 5 aps from game, then most of Assassins will left game.

Quantity of Assassins you can see yourself when you are in game.

Same for all high APS melee.

Some factions even set restrictions for Assassins (all classes from 90+, Assassins from 100+).

And I voted against 5APS since I like caster classes.

i like caster aswell, fun to play. made a sin to farm stuff for my mage sin seeker EA and BM lol
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Actually, 5.0 with claw outDD's 1.0 with bow by alot in terms of DPS, 1 hit with 20k compared to 5 hits on 5-6k a second. (random numbers) as you see the math goes up that the 5aps outdmg. But thats only overtime mainly, as best use on bosses. If bow were 2aps then it'd outDD the claw/fist by alot but that i really doubt will happen with the first. Then again thats more in the term of a mob/boss with alot of hp, if its a 100k hp mob then ofc bow beats claw/fist but if its a boss with some mill HP claw/fist outDD's it alot.

(this comming from a veteran EA)

I attack faster than 1/s triple sparked with bow, with more attack levels as well. Higher cast claws with good refines might beat my bow DPS in one spark cycle, but most people don't invest hundreds of millions into a farm weapon. The point is still that if bosses don't last very long, there would be less need to have to use claws for perma spark.

Obviously on WBs and such you'd still use claws, but bosses like the amp-able ones in Nirvana die in 1-2 spark cycles to good squads nowadays, so there's really no need.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i hope the ones voting NO are those that never complain the game is going downhill b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i hope the ones voting NO are those that never complain the game is going downhill b:chuckle

If you think APS is one of the main reasons PWI sucks, you're highly mistaken. It's not gear or APS. It's horrible mis-management of cash shop gear, hypers and frost.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rubride - Lost City
    Rubride - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I Vote yes also but take it one step further:

I have multi toons most over 80 and 2 at 100<the hard way>

Sins-Should be caped at 2.5
    BM- Should be caped at 3.0
    Cleric- Needs to have a Self Res<they die alot trying to save squishy *** sins>
    Barb-Completly Broken and Unplayable Most worthless toon in the game< hp buff aside>
    Veno-Veno's are probably about right the way they are.
    Wizzy-They are nukers it's totaly !@#* up that any melee class would outdamage them.
    Psy-I think this is on par with veno and probably about right.
    seeker/mystic I don't know enough about to really say yet as mine are only in 70's

oh yeah... CAP THE FREAKING APS AND MAKE PEOPLE USE THE WHOLE SQUADS ABILITIES TO ACCOMPLISH SOMTHING.

Barbs are the damage takers in this game, genius until APS came along. As for clerics, the cleric's main focus will be to heal the tank, so if they take the boss from the barb, hopefully the barb has enough chi to take it back.
    Getting back onto PWI again. Should be fun XD

Rubride - Lv100 Sage Amp Veno (2nd Reborn)
  • Seraclae - Sanctuary
    Seraclae - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't think aps is really the problem but I would agree that sin is OP. Instead of lowering the aps we should lower the def of LA classes so that they can't tank everything, or increase the dmg dealt by mobs and bosses so that LA ppl are too squishy. Maybe boost the amount of dmg mage classes deal to compensate this as well. I do think they should highly increase the amount of aggro a barb can take so that if they increased the dmg dealt certain people wouldn't have to hold back as much. They could increase the amount of dmg increased from things such as bow and spell dmg from passive skills. Or it would be nice if they were to implement mobs that had naturally high physical def around the map so that mages would get an upper hand every now and then. I do agree Sin is OP but I don't think we should nerf sin or aps but instead increase the power of other classes and mobs. Maybe add more hp to bosses as well and/or increase their physical def.
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't think aps is really the problem but I would agree that sin is OP. Instead of lowering the aps we should lower the def of LA classes so that they can't tank everything, or increase the dmg dealt by mobs and bosses so that LA ppl are too squishy. Maybe boost the amount of dmg mage classes deal to compensate this as well. I do think they should highly increase the amount of aggro a barb can take so that if they increased the dmg dealt certain people wouldn't have to hold back as much. They could increase the amount of dmg increased from things such as bow and spell dmg from passive skills. Or it would be nice if they were to implement mobs that had naturally high physical def around the map so that mages would get an upper hand every now and then. I do agree Sin is OP but I don't think we should nerf sin or aps but instead increase the power of other classes and mobs. Maybe add more hp to bosses as well and/or increase their physical def.

Um... Hello? They did increase the difficulty of Nirvana by adding seals and TTs by greatly increasing the bosses difficulty. I had friends rage quit over this, my entire instance team for my faction died because of this change to TTs. You want to know why? Because it didn't affect APS much, they adapted, it mostly hurt the non APS squads... that's who that hurts.

Also if you lower the already low defenses of LA then you have to lower the defenses on Arcane gear as well, because that is the entire point of light armor, it has better phys defense than arcane. I ought to know, I'm an LA veno, and I'd be pissed if random mobs on the world map could suddenly kill me so easily and if my phys defense, which is why I'm LA, suddenly got nerfed, all of my gear would be rendered worthless, and it would be forcing me to play my class as an AA. I went for full Lunar Nirvana LA for the sole reason of the fact that r9 doesn't allow me to be LA and I wanted the phys defense for TW, I live where others parish and I can do what my class is supposed to in TW.

Honestly, all they really need to do is take the magic damage nerf off or at least lower it on ? bosses so that arcanes would hit decently on them. I highly doubt people think the mobs are the problem. If they just made AA able to hit double to triple (or more, a comparable amount to the APS people in any case) what they do on the bosses it'd at least help in getting arcanes accepted back into squads.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    said it a few times, I'll say it again: APS is not the problem in this game. NOT ANYMORE. Nerfing aps won't help anyone. Won't help casters, won't help APS toons.
    The stupid ideas with nerfing defenses / increasing boss damage is again a proof that people don't know what they are talking about.
    Nerfing LA defenses which are basically the worst in the game is such a dumb idea it's not even funny.
    Increasing the dmg the bosses do so LA can't tank it anymore - another dumb idea: why? Just like now BMs mix LA with HA, sins could do it if pushed to the limit.

Why both above ideas are totally stupid? LA would be made worthless and only tanks for bosses would be uber geared HP built barbs. Ya,all you idiots asking for that kind of nerf I bet you never spent months farming anything in TT, getting craps when mats are split because tanks will take first pick or they will just not come tank for you. Yeah, I know barbs that made close to 1 bil with this when gold was 120k.

What I see in this topic is just envy driven "nerf aps" and blind hate "cause my friend told me to post".
    What you guys on the "nerf aps" need to understand once and forever: This game's mechanic is aps centric. No matter how much they nerf aps, a +10 r8 or better aps class will do several times more damage than a caster class (I have +5 R8 wiz, +10 g13 sin and a +3 deicide BM. The sin started to out DD my wizard on bosses at around lvl 80, as soon as I got Hook&Torn +3. At that point I was 1.8 aps?something like that. The BM with deicide is at 3.33 aps base. Unsparke will out damage the wizard by a factor of 2/3, depends on crits). Nerf aps and still you will get aps in squad for farming because they are just that better than casters. You think that nerfing aps will help the game/caster classes? No it won't. What it needed to help the caster classes is a more caster centric game content. Will it ever happen? NO, because the whole game would have to be re-thought.

Honestly, these kind of topic/polls don't do anything more than just showing how ignorant most of the player base is and becase of that ignorance the devs will not ever take into consideration any of our suggestions/polls/petitions/whatafcuk else you can think about.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]