Max APS 3.0

Options
1235»

Comments

• Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Another one of these polls again? b:shutup I've heard about lots of these, but they honestly don't do anything, but just as a thought, and I don't mean this as FACT, I HEARD, therfore this might be untrue, before someone starts Raging or trying to inflate their Epeen & Ego off of this post, that the Devs are going to put less -int on future endgame gear, meaning that as better endgame armour becomes available with better Defences, aps classes could be left with the dusty old relics of what are currently the epic gears of today, So if thats the case, its just a mere waiting game for everyone thats a bit butthurt over the 5.0 aps classes.......Or it could be more simple solution to say that yes PWE has killed their game, but hey I'm not complaining, I'll just enjoy my Assassin and Fast NV runs b:pleasedb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    until new epic endgame gear will make aps obsolete there's a long, long way to go, and PWI has no more than 1 year left. 2 big *** games are coming out, one in February/march timeframe and the other in August/September. When first one is out, most of the population will be gone. When the second one is out PWI will not have a business anymore.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't think aps is really the problem but I would agree that sin is OP. Instead of lowering the aps we should lower the def of LA classes so that they can't tank everything, or increase the dmg dealt by mobs and bosses so that LA ppl are too squishy. Maybe boost the amount of dmg mage classes deal to compensate this as well. I do think they should highly increase the amount of aggro a barb can take so that if they increased the dmg dealt certain people wouldn't have to hold back as much. They could increase the amount of dmg increased from things such as bow and spell dmg from passive skills. Or it would be nice if they were to implement mobs that had naturally high physical def around the map so that mages would get an upper hand every now and then. I do agree Sin is OP but I don't think we should nerf sin or aps but instead increase the power of other classes and mobs. Maybe add more hp to bosses as well and/or increase their physical def.

It's not that bosses are too easy for LA classes, it's that all classes can get well-geared enough to be able to tank anything eventually. That's just how gear upgrades with gold spent and that's how things are going to be. Why else would people spend so much but still not be able to take hits?

It's already a fact that HA tanks better than LA, but with investment, LA characters can tank the things HA characters also can. To make bosses hit so hard that no LA can tank them means the majority of HA characters won't be able to tank them either. That makes your situation worse. Adding more HP to bosses also makes your situation worse because the whole point of not taking any non-APS characters is because bosses would take too long to kill.

All of your suggestions simply makes the game more impossible to play for average players.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't think aps is really the problem but I would agree that sin is OP. Instead of lowering the aps we should lower the def of LA classes so that they can't tank everything, or increase the dmg dealt by mobs and bosses so that LA ppl are too squishy. Maybe boost the amount of dmg mage classes deal to compensate this as well. I do think they should highly increase the amount of aggro a barb can take so that if they increased the dmg dealt certain people wouldn't have to hold back as much. They could increase the amount of dmg increased from things such as bow and spell dmg from passive skills. Or it would be nice if they were to implement mobs that had naturally high physical def around the map so that mages would get an upper hand every now and then. I do agree Sin is OP but I don't think we should nerf sin or aps but instead increase the power of other classes and mobs. Maybe add more hp to bosses as well and/or increase their physical def.

Sin's are too squishy already, it's obvious you never played one. Mage classes already deal great dmg; it's obvious you haven't spent on a mage class what you would to make an Assassin be able to tank "everything".
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    APS cannot be nerfed in any way or form due to the potential back lash from paying players. Just play a different game if you do not like the way APS functions.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    APS cannot be nerfed in any way or form due to the potential back lash from paying players...

Everyone and their dog made assassin for farming purposes.

So most of players (non-paying) are in fear to loose what they have now.

Also almost all blademasters, archers, high level barbarians use -interval gear for same purposes.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    said it a few times, I'll say it again: APS is not the problem in this game. NOT ANYMORE. Nerfing aps won't help anyone. Won't help casters, won't help APS toons.
    The stupid ideas with nerfing defenses / increasing boss damage is again a proof that people don't know what they are talking about.
    Nerfing LA defenses which are basically the worst in the game is such a dumb idea it's not even funny.
    Increasing the dmg the bosses do so LA can't tank it anymore - another dumb idea: why? Just like now BMs mix LA with HA, sins could do it if pushed to the limit.

Why both above ideas are totally stupid? LA would be made worthless and only tanks for bosses would be uber geared HP built barbs. Ya,all you idiots asking for that kind of nerf I bet you never spent months farming anything in TT, getting craps when mats are split because tanks will take first pick or they will just not come tank for you. Yeah, I know barbs that made close to 1 bil with this when gold was 120k.

What I see in this topic is just envy driven "nerf aps" and blind hate "cause my friend told me to post".
    What you guys on the "nerf aps" need to understand once and forever: This game's mechanic is aps centric. No matter how much they nerf aps, a +10 r8 or better aps class will do several times more damage than a caster class (I have +5 R8 wiz, +10 g13 sin and a +3 deicide BM. The sin started to out DD my wizard on bosses at around lvl 80, as soon as I got Hook&Torn +3. At that point I was 1.8 aps?something like that. The BM with deicide is at 3.33 aps base. Unsparke will out damage the wizard by a factor of 2/3, depends on crits). Nerf aps and still you will get aps in squad for farming because they are just that better than casters. You think that nerfing aps will help the game/caster classes? No it won't. What it needed to help the caster classes is a more caster centric game content. Will it ever happen? NO, because the whole game would have to be re-thought.

Honestly, these kind of topic/polls don't do anything more than just showing how ignorant most of the player base is and becase of that ignorance the devs will not ever take into consideration any of our suggestions/polls/petitions/whatafcuk else you can think about.

I agree with most of it, but you're still confused with the issues.

Nothing in this thread matters. All classes will be receiving new skills that will inevitably change PvP and PvE game balance.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i know we have different views on dmg output between classes, but each with its own bias i guess.

new skills might change pvp to some extent, but pve will still be sins + bms for hf. The rest? buff slaves. I haven't seen anything that would make casters able to solo anything or to even come close to an order of magnitude in dd compared with aps.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i know we have different views on dmg output between classes, but each with its own bias i guess.

new skills might change pvp to some extent, but pve will still be sins + bms for hf. The rest? buff slaves. I haven't seen anything that would make casters able to solo anything or to even come close to an order of magnitude in dd compared with aps.

following most rpg's and such casters are generaly the same, they cast somewhat slow(faster as they get better gear/level) but hit pretty hard, melee's hit fast and depending on weapon high dmg as well. casters have and always be a support class, if they do solo its been built into the game for them to be able to, otherwise on co-op play they will be support as they are here.

Clerics can solo a lot more than you give them credit for, i have seen clerics several times in oht solo'n black hole and not having r8/9, but yes it takes quite a bit longer. I have solo'd a lot on my cleric with good gear and higher levels 90+. But again a cleric is a support class. I agree that sins are OP but they are built with the availible gear to become that. Sins are made to hit quick and run stealth ect, as the original description is written. The ability to have high attacks per second and high damage is from pre-existing gear(tt99's/niv/tome/cape), not from what weapons the class uses. In reality whats the max aps a sin can get without that much less any class, 2.86 sparked maybe? Not sure would have to look at calc and see. I noted niv in pre-existing gear, but was niv even in pwi before tideborn?, I am not sure I started before tideborn came, but did not know about all the high level maps till way later after it was released.

To me the imbalance is not the class it self but how the class is played and the lack of teamwork except when they are "wanted" not where they are needed.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear
    Megabyte_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    pos forums won't accept copy-paste properly, and I won't rewrite it all.

APS is not killing the game, it's helping in more ways than all the QQers think.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the vote says that APS is a MUST HAVE in the game b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • lordramrod
    lordramrod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Really? If you have any skill you hardly need aps in PK, in instances sure. Its much easier...but if all sins go sage...with r9 your still screwed, except barbs -.- damn invoke :D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lordramrod wrote: »
    Really? If you have any skill you hardly need aps in PK, in instances sure. Its much easier...but if all sins go sage...with r9 your still screwed, except barbs -.- damn invoke :D
    its all sarcasm you noobing troll >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i love these threads they are so fun to read and watch people make hilarious comments. All you people making me b:laugh aside besides lowering aps other steps will need to be taken 2 classes imo need a complete revamp, bosses need tweaking,and so many other changes need to made.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle