Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seen the fat psy around again. Can't believe noone reported him yet lol
    With the amount of childish people on here it's basically impossible b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I've seen a really scary looking fat cleric around, too. b:shocked Pink hair, really abnormal fat lips, etc.

ijs, if that can walk around unbanned, why can't I have earthguard eyes? Or human skin tones :( I'm tired of looking like a sand dollar with hair and dead eyes...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    You should have screenshotted that lol Makes me curious xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Fixed. And I approve of this message (+ proposition) b:cute

Hehe nice.

Anyway, I'm mostly wanting ini edits for one of my venos. I have a heavy armor kitty and an arcane fox one. My heavy armor i want to look like this:
    Click =D
    Isn't she adorable? D=
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Thou shalt not have the ability to customize your perfect character entirely to your desire for the lulz. -Genesis, 5.83
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    *bump*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• luciya
    luciya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I want earthguard hair for my assasin and veno >: o
  • Stassi - Dreamweaver
    Stassi - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    EG hair for my Veno plox. Kthnxbai. b:chuckle
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yesterday I saw a BM using the hair of a Sin and It was perfect! I'm seeing a lot baby faced characters and ultra skinny ones, both are lv90+, meaning that if they are going to be banned they should be banned ages ago, so please, let us edit this freaking .ini
  • Word_of_Life - Raging Tide
    Word_of_Life - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All I want is EG eyes ...
  • Kieraa - Lost City
    Kieraa - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    EG has the best hairstyles .... and I kind of want that little jewel thing they get on there foreheads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You know?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    and I kind of want that little jewel thing they get on there foreheads

That only works on that actual class. Even if you were allowed to, you couldn't port that to another class, it would give you an error.
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    That only works on that actual class. Even if you were allowed to, you couldn't port that to another class, it would give you an error.
    Even then, I would hope the third eye thing would remain unique to Earthguards...just like the lil tattoos or w/e are unique to Tideborns, and furriness/animal traits to Untamed, and elf wing ear things to Elves...and humans...being human, lol.

But hair and stuff and eyes should be allowed to be shared. >: I dunno about y'all but, I actually would like some of the human/elf/untamed hairs on my seeker or TB even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I agree... EG eyes are so much prettier. Honestly, pwi is going down. Slowely maybe, but it's going down. Why not let us have fun with something that isn't gamebreaking .-.
    People who bought headfash before will still buy it. and eyes.. well.. nothing you can do about those right ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Antelope - Lost City
    Antelope - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    So this is what I came back to?

Fully Seaport.
    Level 1x WF. Harshlands (PvP)
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bumps with my humps, my lovely man-lady lumps!
  • Moonlight_xo - Heavens Tear
    Moonlight_xo - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Please.
    PLEASE.
    I don't see the big deal of not letting us customize our INI files.
    I for one am tired of the same hairstyles and same eye textures.
    It's not like we're asking for free gear lol.
    Just the freedom to freely customize our characters.

• Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seeeeeriously? I've been slowly gathering screenshots of people with obvious .ini edits and the amount is astronomical. Some of the edited people even sit in plain view and AFK for long periods of time. b:sad

Why is it that all the other servers, BUT the US ones can do this? Are we strictly for pack sales or something? I mean, even the GMs on the EU servers are looking out for their player base better than ours are from what I've seen in some of the posts about the last maint. :/ It's not even about receiving a patch from China or w/e the hard stuff is that has the staff QQing... It's about two seconds of changing a rule in a ToS. We have a staggering vote of more than 80% in our poll, people already out and about doing it, so why not allow it already?

Lets make this thread more than 100 pages long. Will that garner attention? b:shutup
  • Reix - Dreamweaver
    Reix - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seeeeeriously? I've been slowly gathering screenshots of people with obvious .ini edits and the amount is astronomical. Some of the edited people even sit in plain view and AFK for long periods of time. b:sad

Why is it that all the other servers, BUT the US ones can do this? Are we strictly for pack sales or something? I mean, even the GMs on the EU servers are looking out for their player base better than ours are from what I've seen in some of the posts about the last maint. :/ It's not even about receiving a patch from China or w/e the hard stuff is that has the staff QQing... It's about two seconds of changing a rule in a ToS. We have a staggering vote of more than 80% in our poll, people already out and about doing it, so why not allow it already?

Lets make this thread more than 100 pages long. Will that garner attention? b:shutup

What's sad is, it probably won't. "It's against ToS blah blah blah" And people will do it anyway, and they won't be banned and nothing will be done at all. It's come down to who cares the least about the rule at this point, the players breaking it, or the GMs who don't enforce it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bumps with my humps, my lovely man-lady lumps!

Hehe. At first I thought that was just quoting "My Humps" by BEP. I had to reread it and giggled.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Incredible how this topic have 66 pages of people begging for they allows us to change the .ini and they don't give any straight answer, a topic with 66 pages shouldn't be taken in cosideration?

Allow us to edit the .ini won't will change in nothing the work of the GM's, since they alread ban the super deformed chars, It's incredible how the PWI administrators can be so stubborn! The game exist for us, the players, at least grant this small thing for us please.

KrittyCat since youre the most participative MOD, you can't talk with frankye about this? They should discuss this rule again.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Incredible how this topic have 66 pages of people begging for they allows us to change the .ini and they don't give any straight answer, a topic with 66 pages shouldn't be taken in cosideration?

Allow us to edit the .ini won't will change in nothing the work of the GM's, since they alread ban the super deformed chars, It's incredible how the PWI administrators can be so stubborn! The game exist for us, the players, at least grant this small thing for us please.

KrittyCat since youre the most participative MOD, you can't talk with frankye about this? They should discuss this rule again.

They actually did give a straight answer, it's just not the one that anyone posting here wants to hear.b:surrender
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    They actually did give a straight answer, it's just not the one that anyone posting here wants to hear.b:surrender

@Yami_ Check page 63, Xainou's long post. I linked a statement of genotypist discussing the matter. Also, frankie replied to this thread too, but that was ages ago.

Hooowever, we won't give up fighting. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Yea I know that the cat have good intentions, but this is something so lame, I mean, I can understand when we suggest about something inside of the game that needs to go to Beijing, but this .ini customization don't depend of them.
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Yea I know that the cat have good intentions, but this is something so lame, I mean, I can understand when we suggest about something inside of the game that needs to go to Beijing, but this .ini customization don't depend of them.

And that's precisely why it isn't allowed. If you look at some of the screenshots from the Chinese servers, they have all kinds of .ini edited characters. PWE is the rule-maker in that regard here, and decided to not allow it.b:surrender
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Especially since it's perfectly fine on our EU servers.
    That just makes the argument of 'it might cause client instabilty and stuff' invalid b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    Especially since it's perfectly fine on our EU servers.
    That just makes the argument of 'it might cause client instabilty and stuff' invalid b:surrender

Notice that since this thread started, that hasn't been mentioned? They just said that they made the rules, and that they weren't going to waver on that.b:shutup
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011
    Less *rules* Kritty. More like a statement saying *Oh hai, we can ban you whenever we feel like it.* b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    And that's precisely why it isn't allowed. If you look at some of the screenshots from the Chinese servers, they have all kinds of .ini edited characters. PWE is the rule-maker in that regard here, and decided to not allow it.b:surrender

So who is in charge for the server rules my dear kitty friend?
  • krittycat
    edited November 2011
    So who is in charge for the server rules my dear kitty friend?

Not me?b:victory

To be honest, only employees of PWE actually know that. Sadly, I am not one of those privileged few.b:surrender
This discussion has been closed.