New Expansion in CN

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I didn't even notice they added more stuff to that site...

I see a lot of hints of fw though.
    For example, this and this.
    They both look like the priest aoe heal (at least i think that's what it was) skill from fw, hell even same animation.
    Concept art area also has pics of crystals that look like the ones used in fw.

I supposed wanmei reusing stuff from fw could be a good or bad thing... It all depends how it's planned out.

Otherwise, the site makes the expansion look more interesting, but considering how wanmei was in the past with all the other expansions, i wonder how much stuff we'll actually be getting that isn't fluff. b:surrender

Also, why do all the vids of the new skills show what appears to be buffs...?
    That would surely be disappointing if that's the only thing they have for us in terms of new skills...

The good thing about this? They actually show some of them in areas that don't currently exist. Now if that means just new dungeons or a small new area, at least it isn't a village plopped in the middle of everything.b:chuckle
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I didn't even notice they added more stuff to that site...

I see a lot of hints of fw though.
    For example, this and this.
    They both look like the priest aoe heal (at least i think that's what it was) skill from fw, hell even same animation.
    Concept art area also has pics of crystals that look like the ones used in fw.

I supposed wanmei reusing stuff from fw could be a good or bad thing... It all depends how it's planned out.

Otherwise, the site makes the expansion look more interesting, but considering how wanmei was in the past with all the other expansions, i wonder how much stuff we'll actually be getting that isn't fluff. b:surrender

Also, why do all the vids of the new skills show what appears to be buffs...?
    That would surely be disappointing if that's the only thing they have for us in terms of new skills...

the first set of thinks dont work for me and these new ones just go to a black screen i want to see what this stuff looks like b:angryb:cry
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/#zhiye_1

anyone else look at this? new gear and possible descriptions of the new skills?
    just from a quick glance it only looks like they are showcasing: 1 new skill, 1 image of new gear, and one new weapon for each of the classes.

explored further and found videos showcasing all classes new skills I think o.o Looks like only 1 new skill per class ;-;
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All I'm getting from these links are black screens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    All I'm getting from these links are black screens.

go to the screenshots forum ;) Look for a post by JayDubbz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSi_8llUTAk&feature=feedu. ..... I'll never duel a seeker after this update comes out. That's just too much.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    New Instances (2):
    - TT esk in style and will contain 7 new bosses to make new gear (see below)
    - OHT like maps (3) which can be held by a faction (1 faction can only hold 1 at a time)
    - Lots of pics of the new towns and areas on chinese site

New Gear (1):
    - Dragon Fire Set
    - Lots of pics on the chinese site

New Territories (5):
    - 5 new territories on the world map (6 new world bosses)

New Skills (10):
    - One per class you can see skill animations on the site
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    curious about the stats on the gears
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    New Instances (2):
    - TT esk in style and will contain 7 new bosses to make new gear (see below)
    - OHT like maps (3) which can be held by a faction (1 faction can only hold 1 at a time)
    - Lots of pics of the new towns and areas on chinese site

New Gear (1):
    - Dragon Fire Set
    - Lots of pics on the chinese site

New Territories (5):
    - 5 new territories on the world map (6 new world bosses)

New Skills (10):
    - One per class you can see skill animations on the site

Bah just 1 skill? It's probably some lame ultimate with a 30 minute cool down. Classes need a complete overhaul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bah just 1 skill? It's probably some lame ultimate with a 30 minute cool down. Classes need a complete overhaul.
    astypoo find out the gear stats for us!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011

I completely agree. I really think they should almost make a whole expansion just redoing old skills / instances.

A guildy of mine is chinese and he isn't to sure if they have done anything with the old skills, he just knows they reported 1 of each class has a new skill. He'll let me know if he finds anything more on any of the new content.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    astypoo find out the gear stats for us!

I can't read chinese.. ask qui. Google translate can't do flash ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    I can't read chinese.. ask qui. Google translate can't do flash ****.

I swear china caught on to our google translate and made it flash QQ
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm just wondering why PWE isn't already making a big deal of this. They aren't exactly known for under-promising their expansions at the last moment. And with how complete the w2i site is, it surely isn't something they just learned about with the Chinese press release. b:question

Has anyone seen the release on any English-language wires yet? I haven't, myself. And it certainly seems like something which they can easily spin as "by popular customer feedback". Even though they've been demonstrating that all they know now is how to stick lottery tickets in the boutique and put extant items on sale, an optimist can see hope for change with a major new content update.

At least personally, I'd be sad to see an expansion where everone just goes to sit in one of the instances 24/7 becuase it gives better experience than Frost. b:cold

It'd be awesome if they could use an expansion to de-emphasize packs some and remind people that there actually is content and a (broken) storyline involved in the game they play. b:scorn One can hope that's part of the announcement delay, writing a coherent story recap, right?

Are they afraid that an expansion announcement so soon after the Nexon agreement will be misconstrued, maybe? Personally, I find that doubtful, as much of the investment press that cares about PWRD at all anymore seems to find them nearing irrelevancy in the F2P market (or, worse, have achieved it already).

(As for gear stats, I didn't notice any earlier. I'll look again later from a real computer.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I completely agree. I really think they should almost make a whole expansion just redoing old skills / instances.

A guildy of mine is chinese and he isn't to sure if they have done anything with the old skills, he just knows they reported 1 of each class has a new skill. He'll let me know if he finds anything more on any of the new content.

I really doubt the only thing we would get in terms of skills is just one new skill.
    No, I can't read chinese, but I can navigate the site well enough. (they did make it easier on us by adding english text)

Let's take the wizard for example.
    This is from the new skills section.
    This is from the class upgrading tab.

To the best of my knowledge, the latter does not resemble any current wizard skills, so it's either something new or a new animation. Feel free to correct me though since I never fully leveled a wizard.
    I cannot verify on my own whether or not either scenario is the case, but have your friend take a look at this. I doubt wanmei would've posted it under class upgrades if they weren't planning on using it.

Also, yes, the skill does resemble this, but the picture in the wizards section shows a char with a glaive, something a seeker cannot do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011

And it can be yours for the modest fee of 60 chrono pages.
  • NeMmaC - Harshlands
    NeMmaC - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It s not 1 skill only..look the video and look imiges of classes...
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm sorry but given PWE's past track record, only an idiot will believe that their just going to revamp all the current class skills at no cost to the player. Don't be surprised to see level 12 skill books available only in the boutique ! b:avoid
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And it can be yours for the modest fee of 60 chrono pages.

Seriously? Where does it say that? b:shocked
  • Mad_Rockz - Dreamweaver
    Mad_Rockz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It s not 1 skill only..look the video and look imiges of classes...

you're right, maybe they could be 69 skills b:dirty (69 culti is no sense, there's just a fb, but no skills :c )
    or, they are re-making old skills (i don't belive on this but, who knows?)
    I saw that one of the clerics skills looks like a lot of seekers attacking around him b:shocked
    ps: would be useful for clerics getting a knock-back, that help on grinding and questing.
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    you're right, maybe they could be 69 skills b:dirty (69 culti is no sense, there's just a fb, but no skills :c )
    or, they are re-making old skills (i don't belive on this but, who knows?)
    I saw that one of the clerics skills looks like a lot of seekers attacking around him b:shocked
    ps: would be useful for clerics getting a knock-back, that help on grinding and questing.

no shyat Einstein, what do you have sleep/freeze for? to help you flying? Why do you have heals, plume shell and the 79 damage absorb skill? why do you have aoes (that don't cost spark) both phys and magic and why your spam skills do as much dmg as wizard's spam skill, plus u can do mag and phys dmg with them? Ever tried to kill a mag res mob with a wiz? I guess yeah, cleric is hard to play, we need more PvE SKILLZ FOR CLERICS!!! NAO!!
    for God's sake ppl, learn your effin classes gameplay then try to post on forums about new skills.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Elementous - Momaganon
    Elementous - Momaganon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    no shyat Einstein, what do you have sleep/freeze for? to help you flying? Why do you have heals, plume shell and the 79 damage absorb skill? why do you have aoes (that don't cost spark) both phys and magic and why your spam skills do as much dmg as wizard's spam skill, plus u can do mag and phys dmg with them? Ever tried to kill a mag res mob with a wiz? I guess yeah, cleric is hard to play, we need more PvE SKILLZ FOR CLERICS!!! NAO!!
    for God's sake ppl, learn your effin classes gameplay then try to post on forums about new skills.

I don't generally have much of a problem with Mag Resist mobs...providing I have two sparks or there abouts ready to Blade Tempest. Might be nice if us wizzies could have a phys dmg spell that didn't cost chi though :)
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i was talking about pew pew skills, not 2 sparks combos or BT or stuff like that. Once you have 3 sparks is only a question of spark/undine/dd, but still, let's not go over there, that's not the point.
    My point in the previous post was pretty clear I guess .. moar pve skills for a class that pretty much has it all beside a continuous sustainable aoe.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited November 2011

Was mostly sarcasm. Kinda echoing off Aster's comment of how it will be some lame "ultimate" skill with a long cool-down.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    How 'bout the stealth nerf be.

-Can now only stealth against other Assassins.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

+1b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Venos should get a skill where they call the surrounding wildlife to help them fight for a period of time. Higher level of skill, the stronger/more of the wildlife come to help b:cute
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This un-named game has flat pixel grass too, see the bushes & tree? >.>
    Nother random close up
    Trees and bushes are one of the things that cant really be 3D'ed i think. Just pwi doesnt try to hide that fact and displays it on a bigger level.

The Tress in the EG Forest, just north of EG City, those trees are 3D (As in the leaves don't spin around to face you)b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm sorry but given PWE's past track record, only an idiot will believe that their just going to revamp all the current class skills at no cost to the player. Don't be surprised to see level 12 skill books available only in the boutique ! b:avoid

And they will cost 50G for 89, 75g for 92, and 100g for 99 lvl skills. They also come randomly, so you cant know what skill you are getting, and the chance to get a crappy one is 75%

.....JS.....

b:sweat
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Venos should get a skill where they call the surrounding wildlife to help them fight for a period of time. Higher level of skill, the stronger/more of the wildlife come to help b:cute

Squad: Pull brig
    Veno: *Uses wildlife help skill*
    *Linus joins your party*
    *Linus kills brig*

b:chuckle
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2011

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty Gimmeeeeeeeeee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.