New Expansion in CN

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Actually it works pretty well using Stereoscopic 3-D Vision software. Took me a bit to get the distance adjusted properly, but once I did was pretty neat. I've got a video uploaded somewhere. You need the glasses to see it though. (standard R/B glasses work fine.)
    Found it.

I can't see anything 3-D.. REAL 3-D in that vid on a reg monitor, even with the 3-D glasses i saved from going to see Transformers 3 in 3-D lol

But what i meant was THEY can't make the game 3-D.... not real 3-D like **** popping off the screen in your face like the recent 3_d movies like one i mentioned above. Ya u can buy NVidia's thing and make anything 3-D with the right equipment... btu that's not what i said.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I wonder if they'll finally remove the current level Cap/ceiling, so that those of my friends that maxed there charis, can go back to leveling them again to even higher levs??....

b:question
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    new game engine, better support for new graphics hardware..im excited. lets just hope things dont become to buggy and to many client crashes. oh and skills......i hope they fixed the barbs aggro skills. >.<
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'd like to point out something i read on page ten by Kritty and maybe others, and after reading the first few lines of each translation...

The game already IS 3-D. Not 3-D popping in your face like 3-D movies, but it's 3-dimensional. As in you can see your toon and everything else from any angle, look anywhere..... yada yada. 2-D is .... well anyone play Rusty Hearts? Only thing i can think of atm are it's dungeons for 2-D. Since the camera's fixed and such.

There's no way in hell they can make this game REAL 3-D..... they can't even fix "simple" bugs, u think they can make it real 3-D?? They'd have to make an entirely new game to do that.....

Actually, it really isn't 3D. Yes, the character models are 3D; however, have you looked at the trees and bushes recently? They're just lines that move with your camera. They have no real substance. Even some of the scenery pieces disappear from certain angles. That, to me, is not a trait of a "fully 3D game".
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Actually, it really isn't 3D. Yes, the character models are 3D; however, have you looked at the trees and bushes recently? They're just lines that move with your camera. They have no real substance. Even some of the scenery pieces disappear from certain angles. That, to me, is not a trait of a "fully 3D game".
    so are other games tho when u look at their grass ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    so are other games tho when u look at their grass ;o

Then they aren't true 3D. That's what I'm getting at.b:chuckle
  • Lyness - Raging Tide
    Lyness - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I don't think we are getting new classes :

Not only that, all ten class skills have also been greatly enhanced; these new upgrades will deal unprecedented power to enemies, new and old. And to top it all off - new side-stories that will greatly test players' team-work and skills; and finally a boss-rush that will develop lots of new playing strategy. More epic content will be included in 《Perfect World: Legends of the Night》!

See it only mentions then classes, which is what we have right now. Though I do hope we get another class, it just sounds fun.

As for seekers being the class to rival sins, they were, until they got nerfed in pk. I say bring back veno's bramble skills in pk. That will even things out real quick. b:dirty b:thanks

PS: If we get new classes, 20g says it'll be Lycans and Vampires. b:cry b:surrender
    edited November 2011
    Then they aren't true 3D. That's what I'm getting at.b:chuckle
    This un-named game has flat pixel grass too, see the bushes & tree? >.>
    Nother random close up
    Trees and bushes are one of the things that cant really be 3D'ed i think. Just pwi doesnt try to hide that fact and displays it on a bigger level.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My friend says he can translate it, but it's way too long for him to want to - which is understandable because he doesn't play this game so he has no interest in the text.

b:surrender

I asked him if he could translate either one of these links - the one that is more informative than the others and isn't story based, though.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1843875&extra=page%3D1

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=1843804&extra=page%3D1

It didn't look like much on the splash page but once I put it in google translate I was surprised by the wall of text. @.@ Give your friend my sincere gratitude and thanks. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011

b:chuckle LoLzz! Maybe they'll bring it out as Full On 3D~SMELLaVISION! With FEELaround Sensory Effects!?!? Like in the way old SNL (Spoof Movie) KentuckyFried Movie! Back from when I was just a kid....ROFL!! Ya Just Gotta Luv (BIG JIM SLADE & CATHOLIC HIGHSCHOOL GIRLS in TROUBLE!) Segments! And not to mention (A FIST FULL of YEN) Those Segments of that Movie were HiLaRiOuS!!! b:chuckle

b:laugh
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This un-named game has flat pixel grass too, see the bushes & tree? >.>
    Nother random close up
    Trees and bushes are one of the things that cant really be 3D'ed i think. Just pwi doesnt try to hide that fact and displays it on a bigger level.

I play that un-named game too. b:avoid

Your character's bio is awesome. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    holy **** FF 14 looks good :O lol
    edited November 2011
    I play that un-named game too. b:avoid

Your character's bio is awesome. b:laugh
    alas its not mine b:sad
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Would be nice to see some new skills added to my skill tree, more atks to play with b:laugh
    and if not even tweeks made to the skills would be nice.

Cause i mean come on, psychics and mystics came out with the fastest casting skills ive ever seen on a magic class. It's annoying to watch those lvl 1 mystic/psys kill mobs faster then any mage without some -channeling gear at all to compensate.

Not to mention the defense buffs, (and by defense buffs i mean mystics 79 skill and pet absorb skill along with pyschics "seal when you touch me" and 11s phys immune skill)
    I almost wanted to re-roll one of those until i saw the lack of atk skills they both get b:surrender

Still though, would like to see what these "upgrades" to skills will be b:victory

Wizards problem is that their skills only do... damage! Not a secondary effect, just takes forever for cast and BOOM!! Damage! Since their skills have a heavy casting time, they should have another effect too, also most of all the first class skills are good for nothing.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:lipcurl There is no new race.

People don't read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    holy **** FF 14 looks good :O lol

The graphics was pretty much all they got right.

It's been free to play since launch (with the exception of the initial purchase) and is undergoing a complete redesign. The only plus side to playing now is that there won't be a character wipe when the new version goes live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The only plus side to playing now is that there won't be a character wipe when the new version goes live.
    The downside being that you're playing FF14.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear
    ToneiLuL - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I don't think we are getting new classes :

Not only that, all ten class skills have also been greatly enhanced; these new upgrades will deal unprecedented power to enemies, new and old. And to top it all off - new side-stories that will greatly test players' team-work and skills; and finally a boss-rush that will develop lots of new playing strategy. More epic content will be included in 《Perfect World: Legends of the Night》!

See it only mentions then classes, which is what we have right now. Though I do hope we get another class, it just sounds fun.

As for seekers being the class to rival sins, they were, until they got nerfed in pk. I say bring back veno's bramble skills in pk. That will even things out real quick. b:dirty b:thanks

PS: If we get new classes, 20g says it'll be Lycans and Vampires. b:cry b:surrender

They enhancing 10 classes because we only got 10 classes right now, why would you enhance a character that you just release the same day b:laugh

It'll be cool to have lycans and vampires :)
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Here's what they'll do:

-Make graphics better
    -Upgrade skills
    -Add more instances
    -Expand the map, creating new locations
    -New mobs and bosses to go with the new back-story
    -Implement the Ultra PK thing
    -Pack sale
    -Rep sale
    -A new animal type for Barbs: Penguins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Here's what they'll do:

-Make graphics better
    -Upgrade skills
    -Add more instances
    -Pack sale
    -Rep sale

i approve this post but why penguin they should give them flamingo and only pink lol so i can laff atleast once a day
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'd login 10 times as much if they gave me panda form
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited November 2011

Low polygon camouflaging, simple tactic used in MMOs for years..

I think the new engine they speak of, is simply an updated one to support more polygon count, considering newer games are coming out with engines that support higher counts prob 500 times more then PW's current standards-
    re
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    i approve this post but why penguin they should give them flamingo and only pink lol so i can laff atleast once a day

Lol I agree, Pink Flamingo barb would be funnier.

They really should fix things as well. Like trigger said, he would enjoy panda form. So Barbs should be able to have the form of their animal type. Also, the Seekers third eye should become useful. Nerf aps for pvp, even if it's only in duels (seriously, you guys are dueling characters, not bosses with 1.5mil hp). Make it so ALL knock-back skills work in pvp, and not JUST Mystics bramble tornado (dueling on Wiz would become fun again).

Please, can someone explain to me how a Veno's bramble isn't working in pvp? As I experienced recently, it seems to work just fine b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Bramble works in duels and TW, but not in open world PVP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Bramble works in duels and TW, but not in open world PVP.

Oh okay, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hell naw. Gimme tortoises, bulls, and apes.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited November 2011
    So Barbs should be able to have the form of their animal type.

So should venos!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Here's what they'll do:

-Make graphics better
    -Upgrade skills
    -Add more instances
    -Pack sale
    -Rep sale

you mean wut we hope they'd do.... still hoping...

but i'd b so nice to have penguins barbie. imagine how funy it would be a penguin runing XD

i'd b sweet if barbs/veno get to have their animal type form. i'd play a barb if this happens.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/#yezhihuajuan_1

Thanks to the screenie forum goers for these concept arts. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/#yezhihuajuan_1

Thanks to the screenie forum goers for these concept arts. ^^

I didn't even notice they added more stuff to that site...

I see a lot of hints of fw though.
    For example, this and this.
    They both look like the priest aoe heal (at least i think that's what it was) skill from fw, hell even same animation.
    Concept art area also has pics of crystals that look like the ones used in fw.

I supposed wanmei reusing stuff from fw could be a good or bad thing... It all depends how it's planned out.

Otherwise, the site makes the expansion look more interesting, but considering how wanmei was in the past with all the other expansions, i wonder how much stuff we'll actually be getting that isn't fluff. b:surrender

Also, why do all the vids of the new skills show what appears to be buffs...?
    That would surely be disappointing if that's the only thing they have for us in terms of new skills...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.