Clerics on Strike!

12346»

Comments

• Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Not to mention the fact that with interval, coupled with blood paint, a cleric isn't really needed for ANYTHING endgame, so be thankful that you're invited to go do something in the first place.

Anything ? Huh... what about a cata squad with no healer, or a full delta spawn point with no cleric or some WBs that seal you for lots of time (I bet you can't triple spark that off) or throw at you some insane debuff that can kill you in a matter of seconds even when charmed. Not to mention some of the new trials, I wouldn't want to do a clericless trial :x On my cleric, I've been in squads with 5 aps ppl with really nice gears and refines and BP on, still they get lolpwned if they don't stand in BB.
    Sure you can do nirvy, TT, BH and stuffs without a healer when you're skilled and got good gears, but there are still some places where you just can't do it without any heals beside BP. And hey, not everyone is a sin or bm or aps barb w.e nowadays, there are still ppl that don't get BP and actually need healers.
    Even in places where BP is enough, healers still save your money: charms, pots, apoths, guardian scrolls, rez scrolls and such...
    I'm not saying clerics are gods or backbones or whatever, just that they still totally have their place in the game and you should respect them as you do for other ppl/classes.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i do delta spawn point with no clerc my bm can do wbs without eps trial same thing only cata part but thats tw you need every class there
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i do delta spawn point with no clerc my bm can do wbs without eps trial same thing only cata part but thats tw you need every class there

Video or you're bs'ing.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Video or you're bs'ing.
    he just didnt want to mention blood paint b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    he just didnt want to mention blood paint b:chuckle

I'd still like to see a video too.
    b:cute
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    He's probably forgotten that there's a mystic healing him in the Delta and using the herbs. b:chuckle
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Anything ? Huh... what about a cata squad with no healer, or a full delta spawn point with no cleric or some WBs that seal you for lots of time (I bet you can't triple spark that off) or throw at you some insane debuff that can kill you in a matter of seconds even when charmed. Not to mention some of the new trials, I wouldn't want to do a clericless trial :x On my cleric, I've been in squads with 5 aps ppl with really nice gears and refines and BP on, still they get lolpwned if they don't stand in BB.
    Sure you can do nirvy, TT, BH and stuffs without a healer when you're skilled and got good gears, but there are still some places where you just can't do it without any heals beside BP. And hey, not everyone is a sin or bm or aps barb w.e nowadays, there are still ppl that don't get BP and actually need healers.
    Even in places where BP is enough, healers still save your money: charms, pots, apoths, guardian scrolls, rez scrolls and such...
    I'm not saying clerics are gods or backbones or whatever, just that they still totally have their place in the game and you should respect them as you do for other ppl/classes.

Who the hell does full rebirths endgame anyhow?

And if people get wtfpwnd in BB with BP and decent gear, then they fail; end of story.

But yea, I guess you would be right. Most of what is done endgame can be done without a cleric, but there are still situations where a cleric would be helpful.

But I won't respect a class simply because of the class, I will respect the player if they are competent and know how to play it; at least until they start acting like they're on a high horse.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    He's probably forgotten that there's a mystic healing him in the Delta and using the herbs. b:chuckle

Meh a seeker can tank delta with BP using vortex, I remember a guildie trio-ing it with his seeker, a bm and a sin. I think the seeker had R8/Nirvana +10. Or something like that, was a long time ago >.<
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm reading most of these post and I'm starting to see why no one wants to lvl cleric to 100 anymore. So many bull-headed people its sad.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Who the hell does full rebirths endgame anyhow?

And if people get wtfpwnd in BB with BP and decent gear, then they fail; end of story.

But yea, I guess you would be right. Most of what is done endgame can be done without a cleric, but there are still situations where a cleric would be helpful.

But I won't respect a class simply because of the class, I will respect the player if they are competent and know how to play it; at least until they start acting like they're on a high horse.

Actually, a lot of people on the Sanctuary run full Delta for the experience and tome fragments.

And he said
    lolpwned if they don't stand in BB
    b:cute
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'll be honest... Most random squads are terrible. Find a faction, and run only with them. Not only will they be glad to have you, if stuff goes wrong, they're more likely to laugh about it than get angry.

Some of my best times in instances was with a group of faction-mates, trying new things, and laughing at our failures.b:chuckle
    I think it is inappropriate that as a Mod you are bad mouthing random squads.

I agree that it is better IF you can find a good Faction AND your faction mates are available to help.

However, my experience is that most of the time you can't get enough members your level to make a full squad for your BH, or you get a high level that solos it so fast you don't get do do much except follow around.

I have had quite good experiences with random squads, met really great players and have learned much more than I would have if I ran with the same Faction group every time. You also learn which players and Factions are good and which are really bad which is useful at higher levels.

Even if I have a terrible random squad, it is a good learning experience to figure out how to survive the BH. I am talking not just as a Cleric but as a player of many different classes.
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hey, I'd loathe any class that believe that they have a God-like attitude and that they are entitled to be treated like special just because they think they're a necessity in a squad where there are more adaptable situations out there for sure.

But to the posters who are trying to argue this case of attitude by saying "Oh, clerics are useless, you're not needed, we can do things without you." You're not really making your case.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! This Q,Q Borderline Necro Should STAY DEAD! Already!! Its like a Bad ZOMBIE MOVIE!! It Keeps Getting Back Up Again!!!!!!b:shocked

b:cry

PLEASE MoDs!!b:sad Kill it already, its getting b:sin Gangrenous Now........b:spit
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    seitori, either shut up or butt out of this. everyone has their own opinion of this topic.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i totally agree with dr jeckyl and Asthariel. now days we respect other classes such as the barb, bm, sin, and maybe sometimes seekers and mystics, but what bout showing some respect to the cleric specially to those tht have worked hard to get where they are now. For those tht think that clerics arent needed at high lvl well your wrong, i still see alot of high lvl clerics around doing things besides ff, tw, delta and bh100s. theres still quite alot who help with lower lvl bh runs when a cleric in a bh squad doesnt knw how to handle the tough situations. what happened to the clerics who were able to take 2-3 hits from bosses tht have aoes. most of the clerics ive seen have either died really fast or their hp keeps goin up and down really fast just to keep up with the constant barrage of the bosses aoe and we complain bout how much of a fail the cleric is when it cant withstand a bosses aoe when doing bb or how a cleric keeps on using group heals which means getttin close to the boss and ending up a full squad wipe. sure the mystic class has helped improve squad performance, but we have taken the mystic for granted by having it take over the clerics job when the cleric has its own job and the mystic has theirs. As for the godlike attitude, i dont like it anymore than those tht have started here since the beginning. its ruining the gameplay to where ya sometimes cant tell whos rude, annoying and etc to those tht are honest, legit, and do a good job. we squad up with ppl for a bh run and sometimes theres always one bad apple to slip through the cracks. anytime you run with a good cleric in your squad, try and be considerate and respectful of em. good clerics are startin to be rather rare now days and if we keep on being disrespectful of em, they may not do random squads again or they'll quit the game.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The thread died on the 12th and Kazmere decided to dig through it to find a reason to bump it on the 14th. It was resting peacefully on page 2 or 3 before she did that. It wouldn't be as bad if the thread was about something more important than a few whiny clerics with god complexes ******** about how nobody gives them the respect they deserve and the rest of us telling them to get over themselves.

I said it before and I will say it again, I'm talking to everyone in the party when I say "thanks" at the end of a run. I'm not kissing anybody's *** or showering them with gifts/money for doing their job. It's fairly obvious that my idea of "considerate and respectful" isn't even close to what Kazmere and a few others think it should be.

This thread needs to rot.
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    do what i did and roll a sin b:surrender

ur the reason my 9x archer cant find a clericb:cry
    lol plz dont strike....strike after my archer hits 100 and gets his R8b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinaria1
    sinaria1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I chose a Cleric simply because I enjoy helping people regardless of rewards, payments etc and I have never regretted it. Sure, some people don't always show their appreciation when I go out of my way to help but I have found that they are a rarity rather than the norm.

With the imagined invincibility that good gear seems to engender, I no longer let it bother me if squad members die on my watch. I do the best that I can and my view is, I am not there to babysit an individual but the squad as a whole so if a member thinks they are invincible then they had better be able to cope with any consequences. Generally I get a giggle out of it as they waffle on with the blame game while waiting for a rez.

One thing i would like to point out, on HT I often see players looking for Clerics in World Chat for various situations so there is still a need out there :)

I have a Wizzy, Sin, Bm, Veno, Mystic and Seeker but my Cleric remains my favourite.
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Whenever I had a bad squad where people don't know how to moderate their damage, I just let them sit there and die, I am not going to stress myself over an idiot and focus on the tank.

Remember clerics are god in the squad. ;)

this is true suki so very very true though with a veno who is a demi god itself and does the impossible what is to be done about that o.o
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I've been wavering on whether to post to this thread or not. But let me just note here just how damn many of the "OMG I LOVE BEING A CLERIC!!!!1111" posts are from stonefaces. That is all.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I've been wavering on whether to post to this thread or not. But let me just note here just how damn many of the "OMG I LOVE BEING A CLERIC!!!!1111" posts are from stonefaces. That is all.

Yes, not even one of Assassins said that he will start to play Cleric because he love to help others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011

.... Touche! And ones with minimal post count and zero history here at that.
  • seitori
    edited November 2011
    seitori, either shut up or butt out of this. everyone has their own opinion of this topic.

The Prob is NERFER! That Most the Opinions are Now Repeating! So You Can b:kiss My ***!!!
    !!!CENSORED!!! For the sakes of the common decency thread rules GODz>>>>>b:chuckle

And BTW I cleric alot, and I've known the probs in the OP, for Over 3 Years!... But I Still don't expect peaple too give me free **** and gifts to Heal for them! And I have turned Down Brand new (Plat HP charms) twice, as Payments for Good service! Rendered!!! Cause like most Cleric users, I know that it is BS to expect peaple who are desperate for your help, to have too pay you for your services... Clerics aren't Barbs, and we don't need Armor repair (Cost/Fees) after High Runs....... thats why this QQ thread needs to get axed, you annoying TARD! !! And by the way, when ya tell someone else that they should (Shut Up & Butt Out) you yourself are trying to prevent other peaple from voicing their opinion's aswell, Ya Self Deluded Lil'WeTnOsEd NeWbLeT F0OL!! ^v^!!

Atleast I'm straight forward about it & My Opinions... And once a set of QQs goes beyond a 3~peat, it gets old real quick, just like you... ROFLMAO!!!! !!! !! !

Hope you enjoy the read Pleeb....... Cause me and the others, who don't have chips on our shoulders about clericing for peaple in need, are sick of hearing about you fails QQ'ing ****! about how only a few incidents, make you all say, that ya wanna go on strike! What sorta self absorbed BS is that! Most peaple on the squads all have worries too, not just the healers! And whether they **** up! Or you do!! Everyone has too face the times, when that verbal abuse sh*t happens, not just clerics... And you don't hear all of them whining about it! Like little kids!!!.....................

Or is it just that you'd all like the rest of us too hold your hands! While we all just give all of you some Complimentary Tea Cakes, with ALL YOUR WHINE?!?!!!!

How Boring............. ~_~'

LO,OL "Here I've Added another" LO,OL "Just for you, now that its Nov 20th, just for S&Gs!!!!!!"

Atleast Kazmere, was just honestly asking others about their opinions when Kaz opened this thread, unlike the Harpers who ran away with it, and made it sound like a bunch of whiners that had come to grieve all the others, as if the rest of us all have somehow Magically never faced the Abuses and lack of respect, ourselves in all the time we have all played this game....
  • seitori
    edited November 2011
    I am an assassin... wtf is cleric? b:question

Laughs!! they're the 1s, who are usually Rezzing all the 1s you Sins drop in PK, when ya 3 spark'em>>> lolololololb:chuckle
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yes, not even one of Assassins said that he will start to play Cleric because he love to help others.

Hey I enjoyed my Cleric, for a while...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Actually, a lot of people on the Sanctuary run full Delta for the experience and tome fragments.

And he said

Delta is more then doable without cleric. Personally done it from 5-10... when our cleric d/c and never came back at 4. Sage barrage + crab meat easily replace BB. With a decent BM and two high DDs... mobs are a push over when setup at spawn.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    just saw this meme, and thought clerics would all get a laugh from it.its from one of the new sites associated with the ICHCB site (the LoLCat site).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart