Clerics on Strike!

Comments

• Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    LOL. Outside of maybe a few PvE instance where BB is suggested. The majority of the game play... a cleric is no different then a DD after the hour buffing the squad. If I can do the run with one less DD... then I can do the run without a cleric. Of the few BHs that I do when I log out of boredom... unless the cleric is in my guild... I would rather take a random DD then a random cleric.

clerics are way different than just your average DD. they are the healers of a group, the backbone of the whole game. take them away and ya have close to nothin. without them to purify, revive fallin players, players would be losing exp by the ton load at low lvls and even at high lvls its still alot cause its stilll hard to lvl with 10mil+ in exp. clerics are still needed regardless of you thinking that clerics are only needed as DDs or for their squad buffs and heals. i almost think that your thick in the head or your just plain stupid. sure im mostly talkin bout pve here, but regardless of what you do with a cleric, it all depends on the player. Plus did even think bout the safety of a squad during bhs? now days ya get ppl who just like to rush in, get themselves killed, and without a cleric it end up like this. tele out, come back in, whine/leave squad or finish the run and not do a bh again, and or just not squad up with that player again. cause they knw when theres a good squad compared to a bad one. idc if ya can solo a bh without a cleric. they are still needed in squads since it raises survivability during the run. take away the cleric, their buffs, and heals and what ya get? players using their own buffs without cleric buffs and there ya have low survival.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    clerics are way different than just your average DD. they are the healers of a group, the backbone of the whole game. take them away and ya have close to nothin. without them to purify, revive fallin players, players would be losing exp by the ton load at low lvls and even at high lvls its still alot cause its stilll hard to lvl with 10mil+ in exp. clerics are still needed regardless of you thinking that clerics are only needed as DDs or for their squad buffs and heals. i almost think that your thick in the head or your just plain stupid. sure im mostly talkin bout pve here, but regardless of what you do with a cleric, it all depends on the player. Plus did even think bout the safety of a squad during bhs? now days ya get ppl who just like to rush in, get themselves killed, and without a cleric it end up like this. tele out, come back in, whine/leave squad or finish the run and not do a bh again, and or just not squad up with that player again. cause they knw when theres a good squad compared to a bad one. idc if ya can solo a bh without a cleric. they are still needed in squads since it raises survivability during the run. take away the cleric, their buffs, and heals and what ya get? players using their own buffs without cleric buffs and there ya have low survival.

there are other healers in the game such as wizards have a heal skill, psys have an AOE heal over time and mystics have a heal skill along with a healing plant that is sort of like BB... also if you want to count sins with their BP skill for melee users

lol no....

psys also have AOE purify if they choose to go sage, there are also pots within the Territory War battlefield sold that can purify negative status effects.

there are rez scrolls to rez players and also mystics have a rez buff

guardian scrolls can prevent exp loss and so can the mystic rez buff

yes cleric buffs are nice... so are barb buffs and bm buffs <3

the point i am trying to make... is that clerics are NOT the backbone of this game... we play an equal part like other players do, i have been a cleric for almost 3 years in pwi and many more years in other games and i find it ridiculous they demand some sort of special treatment

plus with current gear out there and lack of new end game content... gear has surpassed the level of bh, nirvana, etc. a lot of people dont need a cleric anymore for those things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    there are other healers in the game such as wizards have a heal skill, psys have an AOE heal over time and mystics have a heal skill along with a healing plant that is sort of like BB... also if you want to count sins with their BP skill for melee users

lol no....

psys also have AOE purify if they choose to go sage, there are also pots within the Territory War battlefield sold that can purify negative status effects.

the point i am trying to make... is that clerics are NOT the backbone of this game... we play an equal part like other players do, i have been a cleric for almost 3 years in pwi and many more years in other games and i find it ridiculous they demand some sort of special treatment

plus with current gear out there and lack of new end game content... gear has surpassed the level of bh, nirvana, etc. a lot of people dont need a cleric anymore for those things.

got to agree here. I do barb/seeker/mystic/veno runs in 69 all the time. It's basically down to each individual knowing how their particular class can help the squad as a whole.

That's largely what's been lost over the past couple of years. No one knows how to play their class in a squad. Which is why you won't see me joining random squads very often. After a while, you just get tired of the idiots.

As for the blacklist, I usually have a thread up in my factions forum where we keep a list of who fails and why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2011

lol no....

ok, you got me. but still just the thought of how much mistreatment the cleric has to suffer during a run sometimes is just nutz. sure every class has its own part to play, but it seems like the cleric has to take the mistreatment more times than a wizard, psy or mystic. sure wizards can heal, but the flaw with that is that wizards need quite a bit of channeling bonuses though too. psys are also good too, but ppl now days have taken the class which they are and tried to put them into something that they arent. like should a cleric or psy lure mag type bosses in a bh run? i thought tht was done by a bm, seeker or sin. plus now you even see barbs luring the bosses which they should be tanking less ya have more than 1 barb in a squad and the lower lvl does the luring and the higher lvl does the tanking. ive seen more classes with cheap low lvl gear at high lvls than having up to date gear. its basically ridiculous for a lvl 60 to have lvl 30s-50s gear less its quest reward stuff. dont get me wrong bout what im saying here, ppl plvl from scratch with their class and have ruined it completely. id rather ask which is better, to do quests by lvl and get to knw your class or plvl it and fail miserably by not knowing its limits and skills.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    b:sad no one commented on my rainbow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ok, you got me. but still just the thought of how much mistreatment the cleric has to suffer during a run sometimes is just nutz. sure every class has its own part to play, but it seems like the cleric has to take the mistreatment more times than a wizard, psy or mystic. sure wizards can heal, but the flaw with that is that wizards need quite a bit of channeling bonuses though too. psys are also good too, but ppl now days have taken the class which they are and tried to put them into something that they arent. like should a cleric or psy lure mag type bosses in a bh run? i thought tht was done by a bm, seeker or sin. plus now you even see barbs luring the bosses which they should be tanking less ya have more than 1 barb in a squad and the lower lvl does the luring and the higher lvl does the tanking. ive seen more classes with cheap low lvl gear at high lvls than having up to date gear. its basically ridiculous for a lvl 60 to have lvl 30s-50s gear less its quest reward stuff. dont get me wrong bout what im saying here, ppl plvl from scratch with their class and have ruined it completely. id rather ask which is better, to do quests by lvl and get to knw your class or plvl it and fail miserably by not knowing its limits and skills.
    basically a sense of mistreatment and a lack of respect and things that shouldnt be taken advantage of, past and present.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I actually love playing my cleric. I haven't found any lack of respect or thanks at all. Honestly though, I do wish I hadn't let anyone know who my alts were because conversations often go like this:

me (on alt): Hey, anyone else need BH (insert necessary BH)
    faction mate: I do
    faction mate: me too...brt
    faction mate: I do, invite me
    faction mate: me me
    me: okay! (invites)

some time later...can't find a cleric...

faction mate: can you bring cleric?

Well, I guess we can get four or five others through it.

I did learn to hide my alts lol.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I actually love playing my cleric. I haven't found any lack of respect or thanks at all. Honestly though, I do wish I hadn't let anyone know who my alts were because conversations often go like this:

me (on alt): Hey, anyone else need BH (insert necessary BH)
    faction mate: I do
    faction mate: me too...brt
    faction mate: I do, invite me
    faction mate: me me
    me: okay! (invites)

some time later...can't find a cleric...

faction mate: can you bring cleric?

Well, I guess we can get four or five others through it.

I did learn to hide my alts lol.

I learned to just say "My cleric is retired." Works pretty well. Though, for right now, I'm actually using mine for Gamma. :3
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nadel - Dreamweaver
    Nadel - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, I ended up just taking mine (and consequently all alts) out of all factions. She is really useful for getting my other characters through stuff I would normally ask for help on though :)
  • hi7234
    hi7234 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    this is exactly y i became an archer and not a cleric
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    it takes a certain type of person to be a good cleric.... so its easy for that type (usually multi-taskers and forward thinkers)

Well, you're quite an exception. You can solo heal for Harpy. You were like one of a few people on any of the servers here that could do that, back then.

PvP, Cleric is one of the most difficult classes to PK with unless all you do the generic sleep sparked debuffed tempest thing.

PvE? Sorry, it's kind of a joke. My first experience was playing a lvl 101 high vit (160 vit or so) cleric with +4 99 glaive, no refines higher than +4 in a really horrible pick-up BH Eden filled with noobs who hypered (pre-glitch) running around not knowing the instance and splitting apart and running away from me. I kept the party from wiping numerous times... one aps idiot died twice but only 3 people died.

It took a few minutes to figure out squad buffs and I had to make my own macros, but figuring out what all the skills did and how they worked were beyond simple

A week later I had run just about every instance as a cleric, some quite a few times. I
    was also solo dual clienting 3-3 and Belial on this char. If I had a decently geared cleric I wouldn't have died as often.

And all this was on a vit/catapult TW build EP. The only other EP experience I had was when I was bored and leveled an alt to like 18 and quit because I was dying too much.

So I dunno. I've played EP quite a bit without having to need any real 'learning phase'.

I guess being tank for so long I just know what needs to be done so I just did it.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I think the main difference between clerics & other classes, is that while fighting a boss, the cleric absolutely CANNOT afk for even a second. The cleric has to keep concentration on the screen at all times.

Any other class can stand back & quit fighting for a few seconds if they want to--even the tank. I've done runs where the tank says, "Oh, the phone--I'll put on auto & brb." And no real problems occur because of it, amazing to say.

If other classes stand back & afk for a while, they might get some abuse for not helping if others even notice. But if a cleric decides to afk during a boss battle, you're probably talking squad wipe pretty quick in most cases.

So playing a cleric is not particularly difficult, per se . . . but it can be EXHAUSTING. LOL

When I'm healing, don't expect me to answer any chat messages . . . because I can't even take that few seconds. Especially now with aggro switching around so much, my fingers are CONSTANTLY having to move. It's mentally taxing more than anything.

But that's exactly one of the reasons I like playing this class--I like the intensity of focus it requires.

Celestyl
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Totally serious here! I know quite a few clerics that are tired of the BS and unkind treatment we receive from other toons. Yet we seem to be the most sought after! We clerics are tired of having to help everyone and yet get no sort of recognition, payment of any kind anything at all! I know some clerics that have made new toons just to get away from the monotonous trials of being a cleric and having to deal with the BS! We get spammed to help people but when it comes time to be done and go separate ways there is barely even a thank you for you time or any such proclamation of thanks. Most of the clerics I know have said that they are tired of having to pay the tanks and DD's to do things for them. We spend more of our time helping any and all than we do working on our own quests! We very rarely get payment for anything we do but o boy if someone dies it is our fault even if the character is being suicidal!You want a clerics help! Make one of your very own and realize just what we really go through! Until some sort of miracle happens and we get better treatment or other toons start to realize just how much we deal with and take that into consideration I say we should go on strike! We have to buy our own pots to heal you and repair ourselves after we die for you, and yes most of you have to do the same but i think it's time we clerics take a break and do for ourselves even though we already do most times, but if we stand together maybe just maybe we might be heard!
    b:tiredb:infuriatedb:angry

um... news to u but other classes have to pay their repair and pots too... and charms i dont get ur point there. I think people would more likely to give you free things if you are a cleric ijs... i've never gotten anything free on my bm/veno/mystic/sin. i'd say we clerics get more free things in than anyone in pwi. at least i have. my friends have given me cleric skills as a gratitude for being their cleric. and expensive ones like revive. i remembered i was saying my hp needed improving this guy +4 my sleeves of sea captain which i still keep for alts and such. when i was 40-100 i was always asked to be in squads for healing ect... especially from 80-100 bc at that time when i was 80 hypers started to come out and people ffed alot. i do get free hypers/pots sometime.

all in all, i think you get treated the way you treat others? and depends if you are a good cleric or not? Im not saying you treat other bad or you are a bad cleric maybe you just have been unlucky at meeting people?

my cleric experience had always been very good except for the first or second ff i diddied a few i remember, geting frustrated at some bm that never stun. but as far as rb gamma-delta/fb/bh/tt/wb/nirv whatever it maybe has been good.

yay! to all clerics that are still clerics and think its fun b:cute
    Mendolin wrote:
    it takes a certain type of person to be a good cleric.... so its easy for that type (usually multi-taskers and forward thinkers)

so true, i'd like to add that its also easy for people who knows how to adapt to situations.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ponyduck wrote: »
    I think the main difference between clerics & other classes, is that while fighting a boss, the cleric absolutely CANNOT afk for even a second. The cleric has to keep concentration on the screen at all times.

Any other class can stand back & quit fighting for a few seconds if they want to--even the tank. I've done runs where the tank says, "Oh, the phone--I'll put on auto & brb." And no real problems occur because of it, amazing to say.

If other classes stand back & afk for a while, they might get some abuse for not helping if others even notice. But if a cleric decides to afk during a boss battle, you're probably talking squad wipe pretty quick in most cases.

So playing a cleric is not particularly difficult, per se . . . but it can be EXHAUSTING. LOL

When I'm healing, don't expect me to answer any chat messages . . . because I can't even take that few seconds. Especially now with aggro switching around so much, my fingers are CONSTANTLY having to move. It's mentally taxing more than anything.

But that's exactly one of the reasons I like playing this class--I like the intensity of focus it requires.

Celestyl

Exactly. It's not at all hard to learn HOW to cleric, what can be hard is keeping 5 unpredictable people alive and making it look easy while doing it. I love Fire for its super intensity.

I like what pho said
    ... i'd like to add that its also easy for people who knows how to adapt to situations.
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ponyduck wrote: »
    I think the main difference between clerics & other classes, is that while fighting a boss, the cleric absolutely CANNOT afk for even a second. The cleric has to keep concentration on the screen at all times...

Really, it is not always so.

When Cleric cast his BB he has some time to do something while he has MP.

Same for RB... in squad with two Clerics.

Some bosses not require many actions from Cleric: purify, IH once per 8-10 seconds, this is all.

Sometimes Cleric has time to dance around weak boss.

Edit:
    If tank has **** armor and skills, then Cleric and all squad pay for it twice than for good tank.
    Example: tank level 7X with level 5X white armor ... MP gone out from Cleric like water through sand.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Really, it is not always so.

When Cleric cast his BB he has some time to do something while he has MP.

In theory yes, but stuff happens, bb can break and an afk cleric with broken bb will get the squad killed.
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This rant makes me lul every time I visit the forums.

Every point made is fail.

And why exactly do clerics run away from the people who can help them when something agros them? Stuuuuuupiiiiiiid.
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2011

And why exactly do clerics run away from the people who can help them when something agros them? Stuuuuuupiiiiiiid.

How Cleric can run to his enemy if it will kill him ?

For example, you as DD is between Cleric and enemy.

Suddenly Cleric got aggro.

If Cleric will run to you, he will be killed by enemy.

If Cleric will run far from you and enemy, then he will be able to avoid some hits and start to heal himself.

Edit:

Why are you hidden behind those mask of "hiddenmonkey" ?
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lol i wanted to go on strike once too, got booted from guild for not ressing lvl 20 raging noob who quit game next day anyway rofl.

and also these days its to hard to be cleric cuz no1 gears up properly and blames cleric when dies. if my cleric have more def and twice more hp than dd and i have to use pot and heal myself when mobs agro me to not die then i just dont see how that crappy dd can blame me when he goes nuts and runs into bunch of mobs and dies in 3 seconds
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited November 2011

This is the only true complaint I have about nearly every mage class I've ever met. Why are you running away from the one person in your squad that has an instant aggro skill?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    /facepalm

+1 to everyone who's stated "reroll if you don't want to do your job."

To the OP:

I don't know if it's already been stated, and quite frankly I don't really care if it has or not; but before you go and get on your soap box and **** about how the DDs and tank need to cater to the clerics, stop to think about all of the DDs and tanks that have died because of fail *** clerics, lack of heals or DD heavy ones. Maybe, it is because of the many fail clerics that are out that the cleric class is easily dismissed. Not to mention the fact that with interval, coupled with blood paint, a cleric isn't really needed for ANYTHING endgame, so be thankful that you're invited to go do something in the first place.

+1 to Michael for kicking clerics. I do the same exact thing, just with anyone who is generally fail.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • bendemeer1
    bendemeer1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011

One of the 1st & best lessons I learned early on as a cleric (taught me by a great barb), is when u draw aggro, RUN TO THE TANK!!! You have aggro now, all u need to concern urself with is keeping yourself healed until tank retakes aggro, which usually only takes another hit or 2. Then you can go back to business as usual.

Like I said, one of the best lessons I ever learned. Always works.

Celestyl
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    bendemeer1 wrote: »
    One of the 1st & best lessons I learned early on as a cleric (taught me by a great barb), is when u draw aggro, RUN TO THE TANK!!! You have aggro now, all u need to concern urself with is keeping yourself healed until tank retakes aggro, which usually only takes another hit or 2. Then you can go back to business as usual.

Like I said, one of the best lessons I ever learned. Always works.

Celestyl

If you can take those hits, then you can tank.

If not, then run while you can or you will be killed.

P.S.
    Today Cleric had been killed at bh69 by AOE from boss 2 times.
    I don't think, that he would be able to take even one hit from boss without death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This reminds me of one of the only times I've run from a boss--

Me & veno waiting at Pyro for rest of squad to port in. Veno accidently draws aggro from
    Pyro while playing around. We both go running for our lives. HE CHASED US ALL THE WAY BACK TO ENTRY!

When rest of squad ported in, there was Pyro in their faces battling me & the veno.

We were lol'ing so hard I almost couldn't see. But we finally beat him.

Most clerics should be able to take at least 2 hits from a boss around his/her level when they are fully buffed, etc. and have decent gear. I can't recall ever being one-shot by a boss when I got aggro, which has only happened a very few times, and always because I threw a heal on the tank a split second before he got aggro.

And to the OP, I got much more abuse from squads in early game (lvl 40-70, thereabouts), but once I stewed about it & analyzed it later, I saw that lots of times the mistake was not mine at all, but the abuser's. And if it was my mistake, I would always own it & apologize to squad (it's amazing how well they respond to this). But I would just stew about it for awhile, then let it go. It's all u can do.

Don't give up, just hang in there & things do get better. AND kind of less exciting, sad to say. In most lvl 100+ runs, the skill I use most is Holy Path just to keep up with squad.
    It's true, at those lvls, a cleric is usually not needed at all. Handy, yes. But not
    entirely necessary anymore. Thanks goodness there are still some exceptions, or I'd be out of work, lol.

Celestyl
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'll be honest... Most random squads are terrible. Find a faction, and run only with them. Not only will they be glad to have you, if stuff goes wrong, they're more likely to laugh about it than get angry.

Some of my best times in instances was with a group of faction-mates, trying new things, and laughing at our failures.b:chuckle

sad to say most factions don't care about there members and thoese few that do there are not enough members in it or on line to help due to the fact that they are fedup with the BS in the gamew any more such as unfriendly people and rudeness from them and thoese that are rudness and unfriendly are the stupid PKer's on the Sanctuary server anyway thats how it is
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    sad to say most factions don't care about there members and thoese few that do there are not enough members in it or on line to help due to the fact that they are fedup with the BS in the gamew any more such as unfriendly people and rudeness from them and thoese that are rudness and unfriendly are the stupid PKer's on the Sanctuary server anyway thats how it is

Huh?

1) In the TW faction I'm in last night, a Barb, Archer, and Sin ran MY Sin through FCC several times last night so I could gain a level, and we'll be repeating again tomorrow.

2) In the 'little' faction I'm in (I call it little because we have everything from level 1 to 104's in it), I arranged a squad for myself to do a difficult culti chain. Instead of just doing it myself, we ended up bringing several others along who needed it, even waiting for them to pick the quest up.

3) If I'm bored and someone in the 'little' faction needs a BH lower than one I need, or I can tank, solo, or do it without a cleric, I will do it with them, or even log my alt that does need it and help them.

If there's 3/180 people online, and you're spamming faction chat for help, and nobody is responding... b:sweat

Also, asking for help right after 12 people just organized two FCC squads and started isn't a good time. >_>

One piece of advice is to chat in faction chat, and become a friendly voice. I've been told the 'little' faction is a total Clique, but you know... We also kinda resist helping people who just join to get powerleveled. >_> If you wanna become a friendly face, we'll help you out especially with advice, builds, where to go, and if you need a boss, or something similar, with that. But help with normal quests is not something anyone should be asking for... Exception is a Cleric, but... That's another story.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • turg14
    turg14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Remember when they first anouncied mystics? You were all scared and so angry to PWE for taking cleric's job. Now I see that PWE actually cares about their players. Mystic were created to support clerics Why do you think their revive is in form of a buff? Because it is the only way to revive the clerics other than loosing 50k on scrolls. Seriously you got to take the adventage of this class (mystic) when too much ppl are asking you too help you feel too overcharged and when they go and asks for mystics in the squads you take out your cleric pride and blame mystics. There are a bunch of clerics who blame mystics for healing in the squad properly which means without heal aggro and if they do heal aggro they can heal themselves and they have their ress buffs. PWE wanted to make your job easier. You are the ones that give yourselves more job. Because you want to be important and the diamond in the squad. But really I think PWE is running out of ideas (not saying the current ones arent good) Because there will be always someone qqing. b:bye
  • Breitling - Raging Tide
    Breitling - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The only issue I have had with playing a cleric, and its really a non-issue, more of an annoyance, is when I'm somewhere either fighting, or turning in quests, or faction chatting, is getting whispers... "buffplz", "hello?", "buffplz", "hello?", "buffplz", "hello? U there? I said buffplz". Now yesterday I was turning in a quest and received a whisper that said, "hi, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you mind buffing me?" Then, "I'm having a tough time here with my quest and would really appreciate it." .......now that is the way to ask and I was happy to oblige. I am not a pro level 100+ cleric, but I do enjoy occasions where I am soon to log off, and fly to areas that are lower levels than my current level, casting buffs from above, if I see they don't have cleric buffs already. But constant "buffplz", sorry, not gonna happen.
    Proud Executor of Rapture

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like a good timepiece, a cleric is there when you need it.

Alt: Behike
  • Kazmere - Heavens Tear
    Kazmere - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    *hugs* you're the best! you seem to be one of the few that got what I was saying or at least trying to say =) thx for the posts!
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    *hugs* you're the best! you seem to be one of the few that got what I was saying or at least trying to say =) thx for the posts!

Your annoying. to me, at least.

apparently only the people that talk to your book are "your" kinda people.
    apparently you havent even come close to what other people have been trying to tell you.
    apparently to you, this game and it's squads, revolve around the cleric ?

WRONG.

A cleric isn't the backbone of a squad, neither is a tank, neither is a DD neither... etc etc etc.

You are a PART of a squad. a.k.a you DO a part. but apparently enmasse we should suddenly -thank- every single person for doing what their supposed to do ?

THAT is what people have been trying to say to you.

Or should all the DD's suddenly go on strike as well for not getting a thanks ?
    the tanks for getting the shet beaten outta them?
    the support for making it all go faster or make YOUR job easier ?

srsly ? all they said = your not special if you want to be special log off and spray everyone down the street with flowers. THEN you'll be noticed.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR