Clerics on Strike!

Kazmere - Heavens Tear
Kazmere - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Totally serious here! I know quite a few clerics that are tired of the BS and unkind treatment we receive from other toons. Yet we seem to be the most sought after! We clerics are tired of having to help everyone and yet get no sort of recognition, payment of any kind anything at all! I know some clerics that have made new toons just to get away from the monotonous trials of being a cleric and having to deal with the BS! We get spammed to help people but when it comes time to be done and go separate ways there is barely even a thank you for you time or any such proclamation of thanks. Most of the clerics I know have said that they are tired of having to pay the tanks and DD's to do things for them. We spend more of our time helping any and all than we do working on our own quests! We very rarely get payment for anything we do but o boy if someone dies it is our fault even if the character is being suicidal!You want a clerics help! Make one of your very own and realize just what we really go through! Until some sort of miracle happens and we get better treatment or other toons start to realize just how much we deal with and take that into consideration I say we should go on strike! We have to buy our own pots to heal you and repair ourselves after we die for you, and yes most of you have to do the same but i think it's time we clerics take a break and do for ourselves even though we already do most times, but if we stand together maybe just maybe we might be heard!
b:tiredb:infuriatedb:angry
Post edited by Kazmere - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    It does help your seriousness to type in normal coloured, normal sized font with paragraphs.
    Oh and in anything but Comic Sans.

/Can't be bothered to read that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kazmere - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    there fixed it...
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Seems that you had a few bad experiences.

First off, you know that you could always refuse help - No one is obligated to help someone else if one does not feel like helping.

Gratefulness is something that many people want. It's true that most of the times people aren't being thankful that you helped them, but this shouldn't be something that has to **** you off. Also, it's not only cleric orientated, I think it could be applied for all the classes.

Payment? Like seriously? It is cleric's game to help people, in my opinion you shouldn't really expect people to pay you. Yes, I know that people ask you to help them with a quest or a boss, but as I already said you could always refuse.

ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    I'll be honest... Most random squads are terrible. Find a faction, and run only with them. Not only will they be glad to have you, if stuff goes wrong, they're more likely to laugh about it than get angry.

Some of my best times in instances was with a group of faction-mates, trying new things, and laughing at our failures.b:chuckle
  • Kazmere - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Yes and as you just said "It's a cleric's game to help people." That is the problem. If we refuse then we are called all sorts of things, and if we help and the people die it's our fault too. But when warned not to be suicidal and they still do it? seriously? Yes it does apply to all of the classes, but I think the clerics tend to get the worst of it. I have seen many quit their characters and make new classes just to be done with the hassle.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I'll be honest... Most random squads are terrible. Find a faction, and run only with them. Not only will they be glad to have you, if stuff goes wrong, they're more likely to laugh about it than get angry.

Some of my best times in instances was with a group of faction-mates, trying new things, and laughing at our failures.b:chuckle
    You are so right!
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    do what i did and roll a sin b:surrender
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Yes and as you just said "It's a cleric's game to help people." That is the problem. If we refuse then we are called all sorts of things, and if we help and the people die it's our fault too. But when warned not to be suicidal and they still do it? seriously? Yes it does apply to all of the classes, but I think the clerics tend to get the worst of it. I have seen many quit their characters and make new classes just to be done with the hassle.

When you warn them and they're still being suicidal, one explains what they are doing wrong and are quitting the squad :)

You're right that clerics get a lot of bad mouthing, but don't barbs do as well?

Keep on being a cleric and don't mind it.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaugh - Momaganon
    Vaugh - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    You can always say No. If you cant say no, I would really like to meet you at some bar at some time ;)
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    My Cleric, is usually always thanked... here is why?

My Cleric > Habits

- Carries 5 Rez scrolls
    - Has Holy Path on her genie & Cloud Eruption
    - Carries additional MP/HP pots
    - Uses HP/MP Charms
    - Keeps her items in continual repair
    - Has 5+ telestones in inven. for quick assistance (guild)
    - Has a solid build, working on her pdef
    - Support skills/buffs lvled to 10
    - 79 Skills

My Cleric > Support

- When squadding finds out who the main Tanker is
    - Looks at gears to see who might need more heals
    - Looks at gears to see if archer/sin could pull aggro from tanker(s)
    - Gives one warning before starting, "Please do not outrun me or you might die"
    - Ensures tanker has aggro before beginning heal
    - Ensures tanker wants BB or direct heal before each boss
    - Ensures always has chi for emergency BB
    - Has AD on Genie
    - Is verbal (LOUDLY) if connection seems to be becoming an issue, or is lagging
    - I ask to see who has a charm, whose only using pots.
    - NEVER goes afk during an instance (pays full attention & does not gab in chat window)

My Cleric > Game Play

- If you/alts pk me - consider yourself never to be part of a squad I am in or get help/heal/buffs from me.

- I heal and buff when I see the need, red name, white name - does not matter
    - I go out and help small ones doing culti - see the above note about you pking me
    - Don't tell me how to do my job, or see the pk note above (the part about nvr helping you)

I never expect someone to thank me for buffing/healing them. But it does anger me when someone gets angry because I buff/heal their enemy or a red name.

I am a cleric, buff & heal is what I do. Pk me an my main will not pk you. I'll just ensure when you do need my help - I leave squad or get you kicked from it. Karma, dont fark with the healers...

Also - I know how to graciously take suggestions in how to be a better cleric... but dont push it or you will be to introduced to my sin...
  • Kazmere - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    yeah i leave squad when they get like that and i do keep eyes on gear and what not, i do have my 79 skills and all my buffs/heals are 10 as well. My faction supports me and 9/10 times so does the squad i'm in. it's when the clerics get called out in wc for being "fail" cause so and so die or w/e is the problem. I know i have had some tough squads to deal with but i also know i'm not the only one. i heal and buff random ppl all the time. it's just in my nature. i love my cleric, it's my favorite character. just seems lately that clerics have been getting some horrible treatment and i'm just tired of it. hence why i posted this. the thanks are needed but it is nice to hear when ya spend 3+ hrs helping even if you don't need the quest or instance. i am normally helpful to any that ask but i have started to come around and be picky. just tired of the rude ppl. i won't quit my cleric or any of my other toons but being able to have the help in return would be nice. i do get my help but just certain people. they know who they are and they know they are thanked and loved for the help <3
    You can always say No. If you cant say no, I would really like to meet you at some bar at some time ;)
    lol i'll meet ya vaugh but idk if ya would like the outcome, i'm a whiskey girl =)
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited November 2011
    yeah i leave squad when they get like that and i do keep eyes on gear and what not, i do have my 79 skills and all my buffs/heals are 10 as well. My faction supports me and 9/10 times so does the squad i'm in. it's when the clerics get called out in wc for being "fail" cause so and so die or w/e is the problem. I know i have had some tough squads to deal with but i also know i'm not the only one. i heal and buff random ppl all the time. it's just in my nature. i love my cleric, it's my favorite character. just seems lately that clerics have been getting some horrible treatment and i'm just tired of it. hence why i posted this. the thanks are needed but it is nice to hear when ya spend 3+ hrs helping even if you don't need the quest or instance. i am normally helpful to any that ask but i have started to come around and be picky. just tired of the rude ppl. i won't quit my cleric or any of my other toons but being able to have the help in return would be nice. i do get my help but just certain people. they know who they are and they know they are thanked and loved for the help <3

Unless you are there in the instance with that group, you have no clue why that particular player is being called out. It could be that they weren't doing all that they could to keep the squad alive. It could be that their gear wasn't up-to-par.

In short, unless they're talking about you, it shouldn't offend you. There are some players in this game who aren't great, and the reason people WC about it is to warn other players to avoid them.

Granted, sometimes that's just people blowing off steam about a death that they don't feel should have happened, but still...

Don't take WC so personally. Almost everyone that uses it acts like a 10 year old.b:chuckle
  • SunriseWind - Heavens Tear
    SunriseWind - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i so agree with the problems clerics have with other players. most of the time they run on ahead, leaving me far behind, even after i've told them to stay together as a group so i can keep everyone healed. the people who run ahead also are the types who do not clear out all the mobs, who then close in on me, and usually kill me. the other players get mad at me, for *their* own lazyness of not clearin g out the mobs, and their own rudeness of running ahead of me. what really ticks me off are the ones who run ahead to the bosses, start killing him, and are screaming that im not there to BB them....stupid.

i've started telling them the same thing that barbs tell new barbs- you take the aggro, dont whine to me that it gets you killed. you run ahead of a cleric, dont keep me with the squad so i can BB, dont whine when you die.

When you warn them and they're still being suicidal, one explains what they are doing wrong and are quitting the squad :)

You're right that clerics get a lot of bad mouthing, but don't barbs do as well?

Keep on being a cleric and don't mind it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wear a coat of angels' breath and
    warm myself with God's love.
    ~Emme Woodhull-B
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    eh, when i get sick of my cleric, I play my sin, or my mystic, or my psychic, or my veno, or my, well you get the idea. Make an alt when ya wanna blow off steam, and say no to pushy people. Going on strike just makes it so you don't get what you need done either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Kazmere - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    i so agree with the problems clerics have with other players. most of the time they run on ahead, leaving me far behind, even after i've told them to stay together as a group so i can keep everyone healed. the people who run ahead also are the types who do not clear out all the mobs, who then close in on me, and usually kill me. the other players get mad at me, for *their* own lazyness of not clearin g out the mobs, and their own rudeness of running ahead of me. what really ticks me off are the ones who run ahead to the bosses, start killing him, and are screaming that im not there to BB them....stupid.

i've started telling them the same thing that barbs tell new barbs- you take the aggro, dont whine to me that it gets you killed. you run ahead of a cleric, dont keep me with the squad so i can BB, dont whine when you die.
    yup! you're right about that!
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    sorry, but me need a tl;dr

I don't want to read anymore walls-o-text no matter the size after reading the 3 page joke one in Off-topic b:cry
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Whenever I had a bad squad where people don't know how to moderate their damage, I just let them sit there and die, I am not going to stress myself over an idiot and focus on the tank.

Remember clerics are god in the squad. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Kazmere - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    <3 Sukinee! very true! =)
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    heh, i have a ton of alts, and recently, when i cant find any work for my veno, i tend to go work on my mystic.b:chuckle

eh, when i get sick of my cleric, I play my sin, or my mystic, or my psychic, or my veno, or my, well you get the idea. Make an alt when ya wanna blow off steam, and say no to pushy people. Going on strike just makes it so you don't get what you need done either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Clerics are not gods of squads and any clerics that act that way in my squads get promptly booted and replaced by one of the many clerics I'm friends with that knows how to actually play (assuming it's something I even need a cleric for in the first place) since in 99% of those cases, said god complex clerics are also **** at their class and can't play half as well as myself or a number of those I know.

Yeah, I'll agree that there's plenty of crappy squads, idiots, and generally stupid people. However there's a very similar amount of clerics that fail just as bad. On my cleric, I'd do my best to keep EVERYONE in the squad alive. If some random guy ran off while the rest of the squad was busy, rest of the squad came first. If said random guy was able to survive on their own long enough for me to get there, I'd make a note of it and would toss an occasional heal on them in case they stole aggro since they'd have proven they can handle themselves.

What so many noob clerics are forgetting is that "suicidal" depends entirely on the skill and gear of the person performing the action. I've been called "suicidal" for performing mass AoEs on "squishy" classes in my lower levels and had clerics refuse to heal me. When I wasn't lead, I'd go ahead and show the cleric just how stupid s/he was and then tell them next time they could do their damn job instead of letting me needlessly burn my pots/charm/genie stam/whatever. If I had lead, that cleric was booted and replaced and any subsequent QQ from them was ignored. Granted, it depended on how the cleric had been performing so far (I was far more patient with those who had shown themselves as actually decent at the class or willing to learn/listen) but the jumping to conclusions and constant QQ and all that I see on the forums from many cleric nowadays is pathetic.

If you're having major problems with randoms, do like I did and stick to established friends/faction members. If you still have complaints, either you have crappy friends or you just suck. It's that simple. Threads like this often make me so ashamed to have a cleric thanks to all the whining I see associated with them nowadays.
  • Christianlej - Sanctuary
    Christianlej - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2011

lol i'll meet ya vaugh but idk if ya would like the outcome, i'm a whiskey girl =)

I guited the game 2 times... and 2 months later i get back with some ideas... if the person that want buffs don`t tell "please i don`t buff him" or other things :D
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    clerics are too soft.... seriously guys come on... this is a game b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I never have to thank my buff cleric b:avoid
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited November 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Clerics are not gods of squads and any clerics that act that way in my squads get promptly booted and replaced by one of the many clerics I'm friends with that knows how to actually play (assuming it's something I even need a cleric for in the first place) since in 99% of those cases, said god complex clerics are also **** at their class and can't play half as well as myself or a number of those I know.

Yeah, I'll agree that there's plenty of crappy squads, idiots, and generally stupid people. However there's a very similar amount of clerics that fail just as bad. On my cleric, I'd do my best to keep EVERYONE in the squad alive. If some random guy ran off while the rest of the squad was busy, rest of the squad came first. If said random guy was able to survive on their own long enough for me to get there, I'd make a note of it and would toss an occasional heal on them in case they stole aggro since they'd have proven they can handle themselves.

What so many noob clerics are forgetting is that "suicidal" depends entirely on the skill and gear of the person performing the action. I've been called "suicidal" for performing mass AoEs on "squishy" classes in my lower levels and had clerics refuse to heal me. When I wasn't lead, I'd go ahead and show the cleric just how stupid s/he was and then tell them next time they could do their damn job instead of letting me needlessly burn my pots/charm/genie stam/whatever. If I had lead, that cleric was booted and replaced and any subsequent QQ from them was ignored. Granted, it depended on how the cleric had been performing so far (I was far more patient with those who had shown themselves as actually decent at the class or willing to learn/listen) but the jumping to conclusions and constant QQ and all that I see on the forums from many cleric nowadays is pathetic.

If you're having major problems with randoms, do like I did and stick to established friends/faction members. If you still have complaints, either you have crappy friends or you just suck. It's that simple. Threads like this often make me so ashamed to have a cleric thanks to all the whining I see associated with them nowadays.

Well truekossy dear...

I played 3 years with my cleric... rarely i get any thank when i go help the one that tell me "Come help me in TT 3-3" Don`t be rude ok? just be kind person and when i get in a crappy sguad i always tell the basics things like: "if you suicidal don`t get far of me or you`ll die, don`t blame me about that. Thanks for understand"

There are a lot people that doesn`t recognize our workb:mischievousb:beatenup
    edited November 2011

Almost all the people that have as main char cleric, want help and Mendolin doesn`t cost anything to tell THANKS!. b:cute
  • Kazmere - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Well truekossy dear...

I played 3 years with my cleric... rarely i get any thank when i go help the one that tell me "Come help me in TT 3-3" Don`t be rude ok? just be kind person and when i get in a crappy sguad i always tell the basics things like: "if you suicidal don`t get far of me or you`ll die, don`t blame me about that. Thanks for understand"

There are a lot people that doesn`t recognize our workb:mischievousb:beatenup
    <3 u got any toons on Heaven's Tear? ^ . ^ would like to meet you =)
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2011

eh, true. But i don't recall anyone calling for an occupation of pwi's offices over this. Eh, and there are still people behind those pixels. treat others as you want to be treated on or offline. In-game or not. That being said, I do think some people need to back away from the keyboard or go play on an alt for a while if being a cleric is frustrating them that much. No point playing if you aren't having fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

this^ for sure. i have had the most fun running my cleric in these situations. you know everyone, so you know there arent srs random nabs involved.

however, the "used tool" thing happens in factions. how many peeps get mad because even though you just helped an FB and a couple culti bosses, the next person wigs out when you say "hey, i need some stuff done for myself so sry, maybe next time"

so i'm keeping my cleric out of any factions from now on. i have friends and we set up our own missions for w/e someone needs

thee lamest horse doodoo ever are the creeps who haze you because you didnt give them buffs (hour of course) because you were farming and mana is a royal pain to start with.
    so you would have to go sit or pot or go through extra hassle being the town buff dispenser and all.

so **** everybody else except my friends. "go roll a cleric and gtfo my face"
  • Sistaria - Sanctuary
    Sistaria - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2011

I agree, I laugh at these threads. most of the people who create them or approve of them are people who are unable to take criticism, only want praise, and for nothing.

funny Ive never been yelled at or disrespected. then again I know my job. and the only time I have been called out is for something like not rezzing the jackass who stole agro from the barb on pole and couldnt tank the damage and wanted a rez NOW!

other than that, I agree, get some tougher skin, take criticism, 90% of the time its not handed out for no reason. you are not godlike, you are not owed anything.
    Almost all the people that have as main char cleric, want help and Mendolin doesn`t cost anything to tell THANKS!. b:cute

Again the praise thing, I cant tell you how many times Ive been out questing on an alt and some cleric comes up and random buffs me, sometimes I say thanks, other times I dont even notice. difference is it shouldnt matter, I did not ask, was it a nice gesture? sure, but If I dont respond dont go all nerdrage in my pm and say YOUR WELCOME, like I just was handed a diamond on a golden platter.

do you tell the barb thanks everytime he kills something? or buffs you? or comes running and grabs agro from the mob that you agrod and almost killed you? I dont think Ive ever seen a cleric say hey thanks sin for for running around that lake after the barb died cause the cleric sucked and needed someone to hold pole off while you rezzed. nope you were too busy waiting for the barb to say thanks for the rezz

QUIT CRYING CLERICS you are making us look like a bunch of biznitches
    edited November 2011
    <3 u got any toons on Heaven's Tear? ^ . ^ would like to meet you =)

Nop xD, where we can meet? b:chuckle
    edited November 2011
    I agree, I laugh at these threads. most of the people who create them or approve of them are people who are unable to take criticism, only want praise, and for nothing.

funny Ive never been yelled at or disrespected. then again I know my job. and the only time I have been called out is for something like not rezzing the jackass who stole agro from the barb on pole and couldnt tank the damage and wanted a rez NOW!

other than that, I agree, get some tougher skin, take criticism, 90% of the time its not handed out for no reason. you are not godlike, you are not owed anything.

Again the praise thing, I cant tell you how many times Ive been out questing on an alt and some cleric comes up and random buffs me, sometimes I say thanks, other times I dont even notice. difference is it shouldnt matter, I did not ask, was it a nice gesture? sure, but If I dont respond dont go all nerdrage in my pm and say YOUR WELCOME, like I just was handed a diamond on a golden platter.

do you tell the barb thanks everytime he kills something? or buffs you? or comes running and grabs agro from the mob that you agrod and almost killed you? I dont think Ive ever seen a cleric say hey thanks sin for for running around that lake after the barb died cause the cleric sucked and needed someone to hold pole off while you rezzed. nope you were too busy waiting for the barb to say thanks for the rezz

QUIT CRYING CLERICS you are making us look like a bunch of biznitches

Yes i do, i always recognize their job :Db:chuckle I like barbs too (no barb fist)