Money making : How to do it.

Options

Comments

• AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ok, I have a shop I want to use with my lower character. How the heck do I use it?
    I got it so I have the shop opened with what I want to sell, and then I go to my Barbarian character, and the shop is not there anymore.
    Do I have to literally keep that character running while in the shop? I dont want to have to sit there twiddling my thumbs all day if I wanna sell something lol
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Do I have to literally keep that character running while in the shop? I dont want to have to sit there twiddling my thumbs all day if I wanna sell something lol

That's how this shop style works, yes.

If you want to play while the shop is active, start another client. Last time I checked PW didn't allow multiple logins for the same account, though, so the characters need to be on separate accounts (which shouldn't be a problem, considering that shops can be lvl 1).
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • AnimeDD - Raging Tide
    AnimeDD - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That's how this shop style works, yes.

If you want to play while the shop is active, start another client. Last time I checked PW didn't allow multiple logins for the same account, though, so the characters need to be on separate accounts (which shouldn't be a problem, considering that shops can be lvl 1).

Yeah... I think they could have done that a LOT better. So, in order to have my shop open, I have to bark at the moon, sacrifice my 1st born son to C'Thulhu, and then juggle seventeen flaming bananas while tooting the Star Spangled Banner out my butt...

Here is a better idea...

On the next patch, instead of adding eleventy billion more things, make it so when you want to keep the shop running, just put that character into shop mode, exit to the main screen, and then go play another character.

Pretty simple if you ask me!
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah... I think they could have done that a LOT better. So, in order to have my shop open, I have to bark at the moon, sacrifice my 1st born son to C'Thulhu, and then juggle seventeen flaming bananas while tooting the Star Spangled Banner out my butt...

Here is a better idea...

On the next patch, instead of adding eleventy billion more things, make it so when you want to keep the shop running, just put that character into shop mode, exit to the main screen, and then go play another character.

pretty simple, but best way to increase the lag by a lot
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options

Here is a better idea...

Sure, then everyone and their mother will become a merchant and we'll have every person on the server with a shop set up in West Arch. Pro idea man, pro idea.
  • Nefertia - Archosaur
    Nefertia - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sure, then everyone and their mother will become a merchant and we'll have every person on the server with a shop set up in West Arch. Pro idea man, pro idea.

This guide need a serious upgrade. b:victory

1 Not worth grinding only 1/3 of what u grind for u keep after equip repair and skill upgrade.

2. NPC armor and equipment works when certain quest have to be done in squad and their is no help to farm for the materials you need and kit stalls/Ah charge more because they include a few good enhancements but not all the needed phy/magical requirements associated with that armor/equipment. I will not sacrifice lets say wood and earth mdef of 200 just for mag/chan/acc/or str enhancement. Example if I am lvl 80 and I cannot farm for tt and the phy/mag def from the npcs is better than my lvl 60 rank gear I will purchase and wear it.

3. the only advantage to real grinding or farming is during dbl events which include exp and drops not worth acquiring during normal game play.

4. the clother are great I would rather see people playing in clothes than their underware or some of the horrible equip we have to wear to keep up with our gear.b:cry
  • nazca619
    nazca619 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thx for the guide it really help me :)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This guide need a serious upgrade. b:victory

1 Not worth grinding only 1/3 of what u grind for u keep after equip repair and skill upgrade.

<looks at Nefertia's avatar> As a venomancer? Are you serious? Typical repair costs are 1-5%, even less with a lazy veno playstyle (heal pet only, which doesn't reduce durability.) And yes, skill upgrades get expensive. But unless you're a rich merchant, grinding's a better way to earn the coin while leveling than, oh, running BH, doing CS, WQ, buying heads in Frost...
    2. NPC armor and equipment works when certain quest have to be done in squad and their is no help to farm for the materials you need and kit stalls/Ah charge more because they include a few good enhancements but not all the needed phy/magical requirements associated with that armor/equipment. I will not sacrifice lets say wood and earth mdef of 200 just for mag/chan/acc/or str enhancement. Example if I am lvl 80 and I cannot farm for tt and the phy/mag def from the npcs is better than my lvl 60 rank gear I will purchase and wear it.

Sometimes you get gear with full resists and good adds from mob drops. Sell any that don't meet your standards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • dpunk666
    dpunk666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just starting the game, decided to check the forums while dowloading, saw this post, and glad I did, this will come in very handy, thank you.
  • Liicos - Lost City
    Liicos - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Has someone made a list of FB' and all that we can look at?
  • foxxel1980
    foxxel1980 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Id disagree about the fb bit.
    they dont give much money true, but no less then random grinding. and you get a bit of exp and rep bonus, if you dont want the exp, put it on your genie.
  • srle93
    srle93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:bye
  • havokore
    havokore Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I will keep this ideas in mind as i start to play. ( Still downloading )
  • WootYou - Dreamweaver
    WootYou - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thank you very much its very heldful and i think every person should read it b:pleasedb:victory
  • Wearwolfify - Archosaur
    Wearwolfify - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I know that this maybe a litlte bit off, but do you know any good places for farming? (like when you are lvl 40-50 you better do farming there and etc.)
    "It's hard to make good friends while it is easy to make enemies."

"Smiles plays the main role in your life."
  • Laopo - Heavens Tear
    Laopo - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I am fairly new to the game, and while I am a fast learner, there are some things on here I was able to learn from your guide and the questions you have answered. I have always been good at putting a way a certain percentage of the money I earn, it is still kind of hard to have enough to get skills and the gear. Thank you so much.
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You got the general lines indeed correct, but you do miss a few things.

Fashion:
    Fashion is indeed way to expansive, specially thanks to players who want to get rich easy and don't care what it takes. Greed is very often the cause of prices shooting up. If you still want fashion, go to the Token Shop or Dragon Quest Rewards which are both located on the official webstie. Where Tokens only can be gained by unlocking achievements, the DQ Rewards can be unlocked pretty easily. Just sell the items you find, you can read if it gives DQ points or not by hovering your mouse above the item. Just do NOT do the DQ quests! These take way to long and in the end is a waste of time.

You will be able to unlock 4 fashion sets like this! Free of charge and without doing to many difficult things.

Flying, swimming, running:
    This is a excellent way to keep your money as Amiris already suggested. However you can also fly the big distances and go afk, just make sure you fly as high as possible and on auto fly. This will savely take you to your destination AND leave you time to get something to drink or head for the bathroom.

Mounts:
    Mounts are very expansive, do not bother unless you really want one. There are mounts that go pretty cheap compared to the most prices asked. Some go from 1 million coins already. But do know that pets need food unless you have a tome, a tome usually is pretty expansive itself. So do NOT bother with a mount unless you really have more then enough coins saved. Paying with gold you most likely need to pay real money, this way it's often way to expansive as well. So don't bother unless you really have no choice.

Gold related quests:
    Quests that ask you to get in the in-world store and pay for something are not worth it till lvl 50 at least. After that it's not really needed, only if you really have no alternatives. It's cheaper to make a second account and use that as storage. In case you want to keep manufacturing, it may pay off to have additional storage space in your bank. in this case it may be good to pay for it so your inventory itself does not get too cluttered. So quests that ask you to pay with real money, don't do them unless you have no alternative.

High value items:
    Some items are in high demand, you should keep a close eye on the Archosaur market where other players are having their sales. Sometimes you see what they want to buy as well, in this case make sure the price is good and farm those items. Also selling items that are no where else for sale may be a good thing, but do know you should find the right price. Not to high, not to low for the obvious reasons. Also selling items that give DQ points are often wanted items.

Bank your money:
    By banking your money you will keep it save and you can keep track on what you saved more easily. Running around with millions of coins is just asking for trouble. Be smart!

Armor, weapons, etc.
    I see so many people run around with armor and weapons that are either not meant for that character, or because they think it's better. You will get your armor and weapons mostly form specific quests, so don't bother using what is dropping from monsters or what others sell. You will likely be a little weaker, but it is a lot cheaper! Also choosing the right armors and weapons will keep you alive, don't bother with what is not meant for your character!

Manufacturing skills:
    Don't ever rush trough the quests and levels. Know that how higher your level, how much harder it gets to learn new manufacturing skills. Also it will get a lot more expansive instead of cheaper! Do these timely and don't rush!
    Besides this you will often find players selling items related to manufacturing like skillbooks. Just don't bother buying these unless your level 100.

Ask friends and guild:
    The cheapest way to get something may be asking your friends and guild. Don't ask for to much, but keep it nice and fair. don't have manufacturing skills, or not the right ones? There is likely a friend or someone within your guild that has the skills, use this to your advantage! Often you only need to supply them with the items or pay a little for missing items.
  • halo65
    halo65 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ty know i know what to do you helpt me alotb:victoryb:thanksb:thanks
  • halo65
    edited January 2012
    Options
    a question if i am a seeker what skill should i spend on then only a random question if you have some info reply me pls thx
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    halo65 wrote: »
    a question if i am a seeker what skill should i spend on then only a random question if you have some info reply me pls thx
    Check the Seeker forum. You can find suggestions for that class that there or just re-ask your question there if you can't find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • halo65
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Check the Seeker forum. You can find suggestions for that class that there or just re-ask your question there if you can't find it.
    ok ty
  • halo65
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i got a small idea to you can transfer you money from one char to the second
  • chewit14
    chewit14 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Awesomely helpfull guide with all the information ,what new players needs (like me :) ) , big thank you :) erm... i dont know what is sticky you all talking about, but if its thread's ranking then give this thread two :D Thank you again and good luck :) b:thanks
  • robcefnhedog
    robcefnhedog Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Thanks really helpful :)
  • max1payne
    max1payne Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ty now i ca start
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    E) FB's are great exp

But they're horrible for money. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT lvl doing just call to duties for the reward. There is NO money reward, and you won't get a lot of drops in dungeons. You may get lucky and get a mold, but don't count on it. Do an fb every once in a while, don't constantly stand in towns asking for call to duties.
    How does this make money? Because it relates to grinding. No fb's = more grinding = more money.

Oh god...how the game has changed, oh how the game has changed so very very much... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alaura77
    alaura77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This is very much appreciated since I just started. b:pleased
  • Katisnota - Sanctuary
    Katisnota - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I agree with everything you have said here.

something that could be added to newer players, farm coin from mobs a few levels lower than you. you might make more killing 1 mob your level, but being able to kill 3 or more mobs as quickly a couple levels lower will make more money by far. b:victoryb:laughb:bye
  • MsSeraphine - Archosaur
    MsSeraphine - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nice guide ^^ thanks

I'd like to ask whether is it true that we can get the 'most' drop, so the drop rate is the best from mobs with level the same as us?
    I mean, if im 76, will i get the most drop from the level 76 ones? Or should i kill higher level ones than me?

And another question... Is it possible to get to 90-100 without real money? My 76 sin has always had 100-200k, sometimes when i had 500-600k i learnt 2-3 skills and then my money disappeared... :)
    So i have 120k atm... If i go grind, i dont get enough money, because i need to repair my gears too...

- - -
    And i forgot to ask, whether there is any class that can said to be the cheapest. I mean, i think clerics are rather expensive as far as the skills concerned... Maybe venos would be?
    [By the way, should i level my 38 veno to high levels to help my 76 main? Or i can do better with a cleric?]
  • Athinias - Archosaur
    Athinias - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    thank you for the tips ^_^ it was very helpful...