Cant run PWI after newest update on Ubuntu 11.10

Comments

• rikugx
    rikugx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    well i give it up...i just cant play anymore so i have to live with it, but i dont have ANY OTHER games i can play thats the sad thing <.<
  • Christianlej - Sanctuary
    Christianlej - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    rikugx wrote: »
    well i give it up...i just cant play anymore so i have to live with it, but i dont have ANY OTHER games i can play thats the sad thing <.<

Try this one Click here
  • coulin
    coulin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    For those who cant get past 10% loading screen, you simply need to install ie6 but due to its an old piece of sh*t, default configuration of winetricks wont help you, Ive basically just modifed it for less experienced linux players.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIP6F4WV simply download this , seti it as runable app(chmod +x winetricks) then just run it(./winetricks ie6) in folder that contains the downloaded file. Then(asuming that you had no problems running pwi before patch) you should be able to play.

im running on
    debian wheezy
    nvidia 550ti
    wine 1.3.24

GL every1.
  • Dextar - Dreamweaver
    Dextar - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I have exactly the same problem on my Ubuntu 10.10 (AMD graphics) laptop, I've tried everything that has been posted here to no avail, except for the IE6 thing ... but I doubt that could be the fix since I usually run PWI bypassing the launcher that shows IE frames.

It's unfortunate that the PWI devs won't participate to this thread, I understand perfectly their point of view, but I've been playing the game under Linux for a long time (no other operating system on many of my boxes), so I'd be sad being forced to give up on it. I guess quite a lot of people share this feeling.

Dextar
    edited November 2011
    coulin wrote: »
    For those who cant get past 10% loading screen, you simply need to install ie6 but due to its an old piece of sh*t, default configuration of winetricks wont help you, Ive basically just modifed it for less experienced linux players.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIP6F4WV simply download this , seti it as runable app(chmod +x winetricks) then just run it(./winetricks ie6) in folder that contains the downloaded file. Then(asuming that you had no problems running pwi before patch) you should be able to play.

im running on
    debian wheezy
    nvidia 550ti
    wine 1.3.24

GL every1.

Ohh man... you saved meeee!!! b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

I installed IE7 and all worked very good!!

Thanks a lot everyone :D

b:kiss
  • Brutalitus - Heavens Tear
    Brutalitus - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011

im running on
    debian wheezy
    nvidia 550ti
    wine 1.3.24

GL every1.

omfg !!!!!!!!!

im back to game \o/

just installed IE7 here and everything is working fine now

yay
  • Myelene - Lost City
    Myelene - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ok i just deleted all my wine prefix and made a new one and added only vcrun6 and ie6 and got the game running, no DX neither fonts or anyother but i still playing some great linux games so not playing PWI for a while, so if anyone wanna trade some HH90 and mats or coins for tokens or packs i am open to offers send me some core conect message so i get ingame at the time you can trade that
    this game is good but unstable .... any idea on how to make it work on XP still happening the same thing of not loading the game and crashing on 10% since XP has IE as deafault it didint solved the issue on XP nor Vista thanks for all the efforts on solving this b:thanksb:victoryb:bye
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2011

im running on
    debian wheezy
    nvidia 550ti
    wine 1.3.24

GL every1.

This is indeed what worked for me with the 2 systems that would not run it after the update. The system that would had ie6 installed in winetricks.. The cloths are on my toons and the game starts and runs. So it is this stupid ie6 driver that is needed. I just ran the winetricks from the download folder and it worked fine that way too. GJ b:dirtyb:victoryb:thanks
    edited November 2011
    ok i just deleted all my wine prefix and made a new one and added only vcrun6 and ie6 and got the game running, no DX neither fonts or anyother but i still playing some great linux games so not playing PWI for a while, so if anyone wanna trade some HH90 and mats or coins for tokens or packs i am open to offers send me some core conect message so i get ingame at the time you can trade that
    this game is good but unstable .... any idea on how to make it work on XP still happening the same thing of not loading the game and crashing on 10% since XP has IE as deafault it didint solved the issue on XP nor Vista thanks for all the efforts on solving this b:thanksb:victoryb:bye

Try reinstall IE8. Do you know how to do that?
  • adamknube
    adamknube Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    rikugx wrote: »
    still no solution? (get the exact same situation as mentioned above me)

i tryied now:

all the damn solutions mentioned here, from winetricks installing thousends of **** ive never heard of till changing some prefixes or whatesoever
    reinstalling
    redownloading
    installing various fake fronst
    installing ie6
    installing ie7
    installing ie8
    installing the game again in 10 variations with the programs im sick of it anybody put up a damn working solution to this damn problem?

Its attitude like this that keeps me out of the forums... You try to help people and they just trash talk and say its your fault for not finding their solution... Get off yer *** and find some answers yourself maybe... I'm done with this thread b:surrender

BTW for the ie6/ie7 bug on 10% loading.... Why does this not happen on all machines and only some??? Is it a wine version related thing??? I've never installed any ie6 or ie7 and mine had always worked.... Curious... I'd like to know more if anyone has info on this.
    edited November 2011
    adamknube wrote: »
    Its attitude like this that keeps me out of the forums... You try to help people and they just trash talk and say its your fault for not finding their solution... Get off yer *** and find some answers yourself maybe... I'm done with this thread b:surrender

BTW for the ie6/ie7 bug on 10% loading.... Why does this not happen on all machines and only some??? Is it a wine version related thing??? I've never installed any ie6 or ie7 and mine had always worked.... Curious... I'd like to know more if anyone has info on this.

Hi [adam*] I tryed to run PWI in my other computer that have 2,5 year`s old and only loaded to 10% next is crash inmediatly :D

But when i installed the IE7 Everything is running very good in Debian Wheezy, Ubuntu 11.04, 10.04.3 LTS and Ubuntu 11.10.

I tested it and run very good without any problem :D. I have WINE1.3.15 that doesn`t have any icon bug or something :D you can download it Here Uploaded by me, Unrar this and sudo dpkg -i wine1.3_1.3*.You can check the things that i have in {Winecfg} see the next pictures.

iGVTxKWAnWIdK.png

Next

ibyybkO3W5HkQW.png

Finally

iGpsA2IFcnztx.png

And in the next picture you can see my regedit with the DirectX3D Settings

ibwG9d5UKphBgw.png

Hope you can see my things :D
  • El_ahrairah - Raging Tide
    El_ahrairah - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    #!/bin/sh
    export LC_CTYPE=en.US.utf8

This fixed the ??? mark problems that I had before this update
  • wynniecave
    wynniecave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm the same crash problem but on Windows XP any1 have a clue what to do? I know this thread isn't meant for my system but having same problem.
  • El_ahrairah - Raging Tide
    El_ahrairah - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I got in game now. I removed all data and applications from wineprefix and downloaded wine 1.3.28. Then i didn't do any changes and just ran the game. Now I encountered a new problem. All icons are question marks. There is known bug that icons doesn't show with wine1.3 so I'll try with wine1.2.

At least I'm in game and can have my catshop online now :D

Inventory icons are question marks
    icons are question marks

Fix: add the following line before you start wine
    export LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8

For example, I put the command in my pwi.sh wine script

#!/bin/sh
    cd /home/zenn/.wine/drive_c/PWE/PWI/element
    wine elementclient.exe
    edited November 2011
    Inventory icons are question marks
    icons are question marks

Fix: add the following line before you start wine

For example, I put the command in my pwi.sh wine script

#!/bin/sh
    cd /home/zenn/.wine/drive_c/PWE/PWI/element
    wine elementclient.exe

Tryed it with wine 1.3.31 and this doesn`t fix SORRY. I use Wine 1.3.15 so i don`t have those icons problems :Db:victory
    edited November 2011
    wynniecave wrote: »
    I'm the same crash problem but on Windows XP any1 have a clue what to do? I know this thread isn't meant for my system but having same problem.

Try reinstall IE8. Install DirectX9 and SP3 Thanks.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    installed vcrun6 + ie7 with winetricks with wine1.2
    and it's working.
    i had no need for directx things whatsoever...

i just need to trick it to play sounds in room 27... :/

edit: just got it working with no problems selecting alsa (and "emulate" on a DirectSound option below).
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
    edited November 2011
    installed vcrun6 + ie7 with winetricks with wine1.2
    and it's working.
    i had no need for directx things whatsoever...

i just need to trick it to play sounds in room 27... :/

edit: just got it working with no problems selecting alsa (and "emulate" on a DirectSound option below).

With Wine1.3.15 you have sound all the time... just try it :D
  • elieli
    elieli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Question for those of you that installed IEx. Did you experience a blank screen on the patcher where the announcements show up? If you did, did you try to install the gecko engine?

This can also be done via winetricks.
    edited November 2011
    elieli wrote: »
    Question for those of you that installed IEx. Did you experience a blank screen on the patcher where the announcements show up? If you did, did you try to install the gecko engine?

This can also be done via winetricks.

We just want play... and didn`t wanted to fix that...

Yes i saw this xD.
  • Dextar - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    To my great surprise, installing IE7 fixed the issue on my nVidia desktop box, will try to apply it to my AMD-based laptop. Thank you everybody! b:victory

Dex
  • Dextar - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    It seems I spoke too soon ... b:surrender

There are two problems making the game unplayable:

- all skill/item icons have changed in a random way, it is impossible to tell which is which;

- the map isn't shown correctly when pressing M, I see only a fragment repeated several times, no alt-clik possible to set auto-path.

Any ideas? TY in advance!

Dex
  • wynniecave
    edited November 2011
    Try reinstall IE8. Install DirectX9 and SP3 Thanks.

I'll try and see what happens^^
  • wynniecave
    edited November 2011
    OK I got in to PW but my char is in W. Arch & it just lags and after a while the window closes >.<..I already logged in other chars & this doesn't happen....Is my laptop or the lag or both (I'm due for a new laptop xD)
  • //icked - Dreamweaver47
    //icked - Dreamweaver47 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I can't get the game to do the update it stops connecting to the server 50% of the way

It gets to litmodel_580.bmd
    edited November 2011
    It seems I spoke too soon ... b:surrender

There are two problems making the game unplayable:

- all skill/item icons have changed in a random way, it is impossible to tell which is which;

- the map isn't shown correctly when pressing M, I see only a fragment repeated several times, no alt-clik possible to set auto-path.

Any ideas? TY in advance!

Dex

Use Wine1.3.15 so you`ll don`t have this problem :D
    edited November 2011
    I can't get the game to do the update it stops connecting to the server 50% of the way

Verify like 3 times in launcher... try get this litmodel :D
  • Dextar - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011

You can always download the patch and apply it yourself.

Dex
  • Dextar - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2011
    Use Wine1.3.15 so you`ll don`t have this problem :D

Actually switching from XUbuntu 11.10 to my old Ubuntu 10.10 install fixed the problem. Weird, since it didn't seem to be Wine- or graphics-related, but I won't complain too much :)

Dex
  • RaluL - Heavens Tear
    RaluL - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    unledwvr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello all! Pls help me whit this quest. where i can find this mob , I searched several places and I have not found them. b:sad

Thanks!! ps:and I apologize if I posted the wrong place, but do not know where to post