Cant run PWI after newest update on Ubuntu 11.10

Yin - Momaganon
Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Support Desk
Hello

I'm having some problems after updating. Game runs normally to the point where it should enter to world. I mean I have selected character (somehow all characters were naked, also on other account) and i press start it loads the game and then game crashes. It crashes before I get into the game.
err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!
err:seh:setup_exception_record nested exception on signal stack in thread 0047 eip 7c4500a9 esp 7ffbb910 stack 0xf4e2000-0xf5e0000
Segmentation fault

Are the last lines printed on terminal. Anyone else experiencing problems and maybe have solution available and save my troubleshooting time?
Post edited by Yin - Momaganon on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    not sure, when I upgraded to 11.04 I just re-installed PWI to avoid having any conflicts and it runs fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Christianlej - Sanctuary
    Christianlej - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Maybe you need and me... need to re-download and install the game again my problem it`s 1 package and trying to resolve the problem

Don`t use Wine1.3.31 just use Wine1.3.15 if you want to see everything that could see.

Click here to see my problem

b:cute
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    After reading my post again I found it little confusing :D

I mean after newest game update. Not updating ubuntu to 11.10
  • detheva
    detheva Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm having same issue on 11.04 cant remember what wine version as im posting from windows atm.

I think i remember reading that the chinese version had some updates to DirectX that required users to update, i imagine these would already be on windows, but may need adding on ubuntu. I'll try after i update PWI on this machine i guess :/
    edited November 2011
    You just need the DirectX 9 and this things in Winetricks.

iXpn5EVgKhTpi.png

Or just need more now? more libraries...
    b:shocked b:cry
  • mistrdan
    mistrdan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I'm having the same problem after today's update.
    Fedora 15, Wine 1.3.24

edit: after verify, winetricks installed vb6run, vcrun6, vcrun6sp6 and directx9, still the same issue
    waiting for reinstall results b:sad
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    DirectX 9 might be the solution. Some talk about it will be needed was before.I reinstalled the game and I'm updating it again now. After that I will try.

I don't think you need vb6run for pwi but vcrun6 have been needed since last spring.
    edited November 2011
    Let us know if this work @Yin b:thanks
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    not working yet
  • Sashimi - Lost City
    Sashimi - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Same issue here - scantily clad characters on the login screen. Complete crash just before entering the game.

Let me know if someone got it to work.
  • elieli
    elieli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Also running Fedora 15 with wine-1.3.14-2.fc14.i686. And of course, I'm having the same issue
  • MagiKata - Raging Tide
    MagiKata - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Running Ubuntu 11.10 too, using latest wine version. Started client in terminal and get some trace messages starting with "err:ieframe".

These messages don't appear if I run the copy of PW which I made before patching. Perhaps it is necessary to install IE6/7/... via winetricks

I will test it tomorrow
  • rikugx
    rikugx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    im using Ubuntu 10.xx whatsoever that golden lynxus thingy and i too have these poblems, game starts and after like 10% of loading screen the game suddenly closes and wont run anymore

tried redownloading, reinstalling whatsoever nothing works...great way to start a weekend <.<*
  • rikugx
    edited November 2011
    Here is my error text

[email]riku@Feste-Midgard:~/.wine[/email]/drive_c/PW/PW/element$ wine elementclient.exe
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e718,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e680,0x00000000), stub!
    Failed to stat runtime directory /home/riku/.pulse/1e5fc2f2bb60cd60da15f70a4e69e16c-runtime: Invalid argument
    err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
    err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
    fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x1445b0,0x1454c8): stub
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {5959df60-2911-11d1-b049-0020af30269a} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {5959df60-2911-11d1-b049-0020af30269a} could be created for context 0x1
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e6c0,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
    fixme:d3d8:ValidateVertexShader (0x5aa8430 (nil) (nil) 0 (nil)): stub
    fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_CreateIconFromANI Loading all frames for .ani cursors not implemented.
    fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_CreateIconFromANI Loading all frames for .ani cursors not implemented.
    fixme:d3d8:ValidatePixelShader (0x5ab9af0 (nil) 0 (nil)): stub
    fixme:shdocvw:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0xae84a68)
    fixme:shdocvw:OleObject_Advise (0xae84a68)->(0xe71750, 0xe7179c)
    fixme:shdocvw:ViewObject_SetAdvise (0xae84a68)->(1 00000000 0xe71750)
    fixme:shdocvw:ViewObject_Draw (0xae84a68)->(1 -1 (nil) (nil) (nil) 0x910 0xe717b4 0xe717b4 (nil) 00000000)
    fixme:shdocvw:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0xae85cd0)
    fixme:shdocvw:OleObject_Advise (0xae85cd0)->(0xe71838, 0xe71884)
    fixme:shdocvw:ViewObject_SetAdvise (0xae85cd0)->(1 00000000 0xe71838)
    fixme:shdocvw:ViewObject_Draw (0xae85cd0)->(1 -1 (nil) (nil) (nil) 0x910 0xe7189c 0xe7189c (nil) 00000000)
    fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table
    fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
    fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x32bba0
    fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xe6be8a4, overlapped 0xe6be8ac): stub
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus (0xae84b10)->((null) 1 0x32c2d8 (nil))
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus command_0: 27, 0x0
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:shdocvw:ClientSite_GetContainer (0xae84b10)->(0x32c2a8)
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithDataSegs
    err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!
    [email]riku@Feste-Midgard:~/.wine[/email]/drive_c/PW/PW/element$
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    @lin i have the same problem as you, so if you ever find a way to get past this problem, plz tell me :P Likewise, I'll let you know if i find something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    I got in game now. I removed all data and applications from wineprefix and downloaded wine 1.3.28. Then i didn't do any changes and just ran the game. Now I encountered a new problem. All icons are question marks. There is known bug that icons doesn't show with wine1.3 so I'll try with wine1.2.

At least I'm in game and can have my catshop online now :D
    edited November 2011
    I got in game now. I removed all data and applications from wineprefix and downloaded wine 1.3.28. Then i didn't do any changes and just ran the game. Now I encountered a new problem. All icons are question marks. There is known bug that icons doesn't show with wine1.3 so I'll try with wine1.2.

At least I'm in game and can have my catshop online now :D

Nice b:dirty Will try it now!!b:shocked Try run Wine1.3.15 this wine done have this bug and you can run (i guess) perfectly but... if you use wine 1.2 you need directX dll and c++ 6 libraries...
  • Yin - Momaganon
    edited November 2011
    VCRUN6 seems to cause problems there. Wine1.2 can not run without it and wine1.3.28 will have problems too with that. I'll find out more tomorrow now it is too late.
    edited November 2011
    VCRUN6 seems to cause problems there. Wine1.2 can not run without it and wine1.3.28 will have problems too with that. I'll find out more tomorrow now it is too late.

Well i installed all c++ 6 libraries and nathing happens... still have this problem.
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Ok uh... i dont know how to download 1.3.28 cuz i get the .tar and i open it into a folder but i cant find a place to get it open
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagiKata - Raging Tide
    MagiKata - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Ok, I'm back on the road.

On Ubuntu 11.10, I switched back to the wine1.2 package (v1.2.3) and created a fresh new WINEPREFIX. Then with winetricks I installed the vcrun6 .dlls and run only the game. b:laugh (with wine1.3 it doesn't work)

Thanks to Yin and Christianlej for the hints.b:cute
    edited November 2011
    Ok, I'm back on the road.

On Ubuntu 11.10, I switched back to the wine1.2 package (v1.2.3) and created a fresh new WINEPREFIX. Then with winetricks I installed the vcrun6 .dlls and run only the game. b:laugh (with wine1.3 it doesn't work)

Thanks to Yin and Christianlej for the hints.b:cute

Well... to me doesn`t run the same problem... je-je b:cry
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i can say the same... game doesn't work on the new 580 version... Am I the only one?
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • rikugx
    edited November 2011
    Yop still cant gt online...and i cant get anything you mention here to work (im a total linux noob...)
  • Kalishana - Archosaur
    edited November 2011
    Yeah i cant get winetricks.... anyone wanna give me a tutorial to run this thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xaraphina
    xaraphina Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    This update crashs when i pressed start from the char screen(char naked).

Fixed that by switching msvcrt(builtin, native) to msvcrt(native, builtin) to get into the game.

Tried out 1.2 w/o vcrun and didnt work tried it again with vcrun and had the naked char so i swithced buitin, native again and it works fine.

1.3.15 the icons arent screwed up, game runs, etc~

if it helps great if not oh well. google is your friend, unless its not.
    edited November 2011
    xaraphina wrote: »
    My experience has been anything past 1.3.25 has screwed up icons.

This update crashs when i pressed start from the char screen(char naked).

Fixed that by switching msvcrt(builtin, native) to msvcrt(native, builtin) to get into the game.

Has question marks for icons.(winehq said something about export LC_ALL="C" but didnt work for me)

Tried out 1.2 w/o vcrun and didnt work tried it again with vcrun and had the naked char so i swithced buitin, native again and it works fine.

since i want to get the newest possible release that works good ill keep going a version back from 1.3.25 till in find one again.

if it helps great if not oh well. google is your friend, unless its not.

The configs.pck file tell you if you can run the game or not, i had this issue 1 time and i just waited 1 month for this could be resolve xD.

Tryed the vcrun thing to native and those things... nothing happen... still not working.
  • Lunargazer - Archosaur
    Lunargazer - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Here's how I got my game running:

Re installed wine 1.2.3
    Renamed the wine prefix to .wine2 (I didn't want to delete it)
    Installed vcrun6
    Installed d3dx9
    Change settings > alldlls=builtin

I run Elementary OS Jupiter (based on Ubuntu 10.10) but these settings should work for 10.04+

Let me know if it works for you, good luck!
    edited November 2011
    Here's how I got my game running:

Re installed wine 1.2.3
    Renamed the wine prefix to .wine2 (I didn't want to delete it)
    Installed vcrun6
    Installed d3dx9
    Change settings > alldlls=builtin

I run Elementary OS Jupiter (based on Ubuntu 10.10) but these settings should work for 10.04+

Let me know if it works for you, good luck!

Still don`t work...
  • adamknube
    adamknube Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    im not going to get technical im just going to blurt out answers. if you dont understand something i type then please RTFM for wine and such. PS all this is posted in the wine app-db i did it about 6 months ago. First and most important... For speed reasons and a few other..... Downgrade from wine 1.3 to 1.2... again im not getting technical and say why just trust me on this... Then your icons will work.... Now... The game wont run on our naked wine install so we must use winetricks to get 3-4 packages. allfonts would be a good start along with fakechineese this will speed up the game a lot as it wont need to find default fonts. Next you will need vcrun6sp6, this is needed not optional. Lastly you need d3dx9_36. You can install the whole dx9 package but id advise against it for many reasons, but mostly the broken dinput. Now after all of that you are still in the same place... The game loads but you are naked, and when u click to start it crashes... but at least your icons are ok and your game is twice as fast as was in 1.3... So lets fix the crash shall we? Open up winecfg and go to Libraries (DLL overrides) section. Change the order of msvcrt.dll so that it is built-in first followed by native. If you want to hear sounds in the game then before you close winecfg go to Audio page and select ALSA as sound driver, then Apply and Ok... After that the game should work. As i said dont pm me if u dont "get it" go out and RTFM and then you will "get it"... however if you "get it" and it still doesnt work, maybe i can help you out. gl all see you in game.