Cant run PWI after newest update on Ubuntu 11.10

1235»

Comments

• Brutalitus - Heavens Tear
    Brutalitus - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    guys,
    after installing IE7 my problem was solved...

but, i updated my ubuntu and a lot of pacakges and reinstalled wine and everything
    now when i turn on the option to use pixel shader if supported by hardware, i get a blank loading screen that crashes...
    and if i turn it off i got this weird bug:
    everyone is old lol
    bugna.png
    capturadetela1al.png
    also it shows me the old login screen
    capturadetelahz.png

what can i do to solve the pixel shader problem?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2011
    unledwvr.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello all! Pls help me whit this quest. where i can find this mob , I searched several places and I have not found them. b:sad

Thanks!! ps:and I apologize if I posted the wrong place, but do not know where to post

You would start a new thread. Posting in this particular thread is about as far from the right place as you can get. Well that's not quite true, I suppose you could have posted in the lower depths or something.

You need to get to the 3rd map of OHT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Christianlej - Sanctuary
    Christianlej - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    guys,
    after installing IE7 my problem was solved...

but, i updated my ubuntu and a lot of pacakges and reinstalled wine and everything
    now when i turn on the option to use pixel shader if supported by hardware, i get a blank loading screen that crashes...
    and if i turn it off i got this weird bug:
    everyone is old lol
    bugna.png

what can i do to solve the pixel shader problem?

b:laughb:laugh Very funny je-je Well just install Wine 1.3.15, use [sudo apt-get remove wine1.3] and download wine1.3.15 from this page wine 1.3.15 for 32 bit PC Clic Here or Wine1.3.15 for 64 PC`s Clic Here b:cute
  • Nokova - Sanctuary
    Nokova - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    First i hope this helps
    I am useing playonlinux 4.0.13
    Configuration for PWI
    UPDATE 583
    changed wine to 1.3.15
    Screenshot.png
    installed vcrun6 again
    Screenshot-1.png
    changed display options
    Screenshot-2.png
    Install when GECKO is asked
    GAME NOW WORKS!!!!
  • xvala
    xvala Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    coulin wrote: »
    For those who cant get past 10% loading screen, you simply need to install ie6 but due to its an old piece of sh*t, default configuration of winetricks wont help you, Ive basically just modifed it for less experienced linux players.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIP6F4WV simply download this , seti it as runable app(chmod +x winetricks) then just run it(./winetricks ie6) in folder that contains the downloaded file. Then(asuming that you had no problems running pwi before patch) you should be able to play.

im running on
    debian wheezy
    nvidia 550ti
    wine 1.3.24

GL every1.

I had loading problem(after loading 10% the game crashes), that file worked for me. After installing ie6 pwi run again. But i changed back msvcrt setting to native,builtin,

Ubuntu 11.04
    Wine 1.2.2
  • rikugx
    rikugx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Hm...ive been away now for two weeks updating my linux again and stuff

any recent working stuff now? im using now the 11.10 version of Linux so WICH of the above mentioned things works best?
    (i tried the one with IE6 but winetricks keeps tellinge me it cant be installled due to not existing)

dont worry no flame this time i already gave up hope to ever play this game again so if anyone can tell me a working solution i would be a happy man
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    try ie7.
    it did the trick to me
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • rikugx
    edited November 2011
    try ie7.
    it did the trick to me

omfg it really worked o.O

EDIT: Ok next problem as soon as the screen appears where those pesky things dance it doesnt matter what key i push the game crashes immedietly. what do i need to do now?
  • rikugx
    edited November 2011
    push........