Cheating with impunity

Options

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I couldn't actually read what you wrote because i have 10 second attention span and can't comprehend things written by adults.

I don't see why it matters to you since you're level 88. What difference is it if you are fighting a level 103 or a level 105? You've going to be a one-shot either way. No amount of XP is going to make a fail player non-fail. It's all about gear in this game.

Before goons were widespread being 105 meant being a sin who exploited loopholes / design flaws by teleporting through walls and stealthing straight to bosses. That's just ****.

fixed it for ya.... b:surrender
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Those who Cheat , Lie and Steal in games tend to be the same in Real life.

And they usually start with the lie that they only cheat in games.
    Justify their behavior with its only a game.
    And steal from those of us who try to play by the Quoted rules.

If this was a 400 m race around a aussie rules football field, it IS considered cheating if i step over the finish line without first running around the oval track, even though its a quicker way to get to the finish line.

Its so sad to see so many people who think its ok to break the rules just because you can.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Can you make a summary? If there is one thing Twitter taught me it's that all the greatest ideas in the world take 140 characters or less.

139 characters. Impressive trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

only you would have noticed that xD or thought to count <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mendolin I think the balance is out of whack. There are always varied perceptions. Sometimes polarized into black and white, most times blended into shades of grey. The closer one gets to balance the more grey things become.

I thought of this while in the shower, it's more due to a conversation I was having with someone at the office before I ran home to shower and eat but...

Well, hell I see everything as connected anyway so here ya go:

Remember that movie War Games?

When the computer 'learned' that the only way to win nuclear war was not to play?

Well, what if we twist that around and look at things from another angle?

The only way to continue to 'play' at anything is to never 'win'.

Since winning is a terminus it ends the game.
    Doesn't mean you can't start a new one but you're definitely ending one to start another.

Carry on, I'm out for food bbl.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

thats why i luv u Aste you are such perfectionist.
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mendolin I think the balance is out of whack. There are always varied perceptions. Sometimes polarized into black and white, most times blended into shades of grey. The closer one gets to balance the more grey things become.

I thought of this while in the shower, it's more due to a conversation I was having with someone at the office before I ran home to shower and eat but...

Well, hell I see everything as connected anyway so here ya go:

Remember that movie War Games?

When the computer 'learned' that the only way to win nuclear war was not to play?

Well, what if we twist that around and look at things from another angle?

The only way to continue to 'play' at anything is to never 'win'.

Since winning is a terminus it ends the game.
    Doesn't mean you can't start a new one but you're definitely ending one to start another.

Carry on, I'm out for food bbl.

That's exactly what an MMO is supposed to be. The player is supposed to be challenged to reach higher levels and get better gear. In theory, there should always be a new level to reach and new gear to get. However, games can almost never keep up with the speed at which players level/farm. And, we, as players, are always looking to find the fastest way to the top. We want to get to the end of the game and win. This is how we've been programmed to act. Games are all about winning.

MMOs are something different than other games though. Its supposed to be about the journey and growth as a player in the game. You're aren't supposed to be able to reach the end of the journey in a short amount of the time.

That's where I think PW has missed the mark. By releasing oracles, hypers, etc, they've made the journey less worth it. It becomes too easy and we seek out ways of filling our need for a challenge. For some, its breaking the rules and getting to 105. For others, it may be to level without relying heavily on oracles or hypers. The saddest part is, both groups are going to get tired of playing. Where do the 105s go after they've reached the level cap? What keeps a level 80 player playing if they get frustrated by leveling so slowly and not wanting to break the rules?

I guess my point is, the game leaves us nothing to look forward to. There is no need for farming or grinding anymore. The best gear is in the cash shop and exp is easy to come by these days. Leveling and gearing up have become so easy, there really isn't anything left for us to do.

The hilarious part is, none of the people who are power leveling seem to realize it.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    but there is still the choice to do these things without the help of aides... they are 20 times harder now days lol because there arent enough lower levels but thats when you just quit pwi and choose another game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cheat: to violate rules or regulations to gain an advantage

lolwutnow?

fixed it fer ya.

its cheating if .ini edis actually gave ya an actual advantage but it doesn't so its simply breaking the rules
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That's exactly what an MMO is supposed to be. The player is supposed to be challenged to reach higher levels and get better gear. In theory, there should always be a new level to reach and new gear to get. However, games can almost never keep up with the speed at which players level/farm. And, we, as players, are always looking to find the fastest way to the top. We want to get to the end of the game and win. This is how we've been programmed to act. Games are all about winning.

MMOs are something different than other games though. Its supposed to be about the journey and growth as a player in the game. You're aren't supposed to be able to reach the end of the journey in a short amount of the time.

That's where I think PW has missed the mark. By releasing oracles, hypers, etc, they've made the journey less worth it. It becomes too easy and we seek out ways of filling our need for a challenge. For some, its breaking the rules and getting to 105. For others, it may be to level without relying heavily on oracles or hypers. The saddest part is, both groups are going to get tired of playing. Where do the 105s go after they've reached the level cap? What keeps a level 80 player playing if they get frustrated by leveling so slowly and not wanting to break the rules?

I guess my point is, the game leaves us nothing to look forward to. There is no need for farming or grinding anymore. The best gear is in the cash shop and exp is easy to come by these days. Leveling and gearing up have become so easy, there really isn't anything left for us to do.

The hilarious part is, none of the people who are power leveling seem to realize it.

I agree with you.

This powerleveling **** has went unpunished too long, making everyone who did it , comfortable with it.

On my server, I would say there's only a handful of people who are lvl 103+ that actually care about continuing to help lower levels or those those who didnt' break any rules.

The others are mostly just logging for TW, then whining it gets their charm gone fast, or log just to have fun to go to events and rush them, leaving no chances to whoever didn't spend/merchant enough.

As some people said, 105 is suppose to be the end, R9 is suppose to be endgame, what do these people want more ?? It's liek if they took a 500 pages book, read 1st 100 pages, then went "Bah, let's go to last 3-4 pages, i'm eager to know the end".. And then they go "Well that's bad, I want more !" Would a company hurry to publish a sequel to that book just for those people ? Woudn't they end up rushing things to please them, but get them mixed up/make errors and instead make them mad ?

Yes the company itself here made errors making hyper exp go to x 12 if u use 5 and usable in FC. Make them just go to x 5, and not usable in there, people would have cared less, a bit..

Now we have a bunch of hungry 105's that do nothing better then come whine in forums there's nothing more to do. Well duh.. If you would have took your time to get their, you would still be at it..

Let's see now what someone can do if not 105/R9 equipped...

- Dailies in all 4 OHT maps. Granted it's nothing much, but it IS something to do.

- Repeatables in map 2-3-4 for stuff to make gear. Again, if you already have the best you coudn't care less about them..

- At least 1 bh100 a day, if you are not rich, 2 Exctasy or 50 mirages really ain't bad..
    Even 8 subs ain't that bad, if u run solo modes, you'll end up making cash anyway..
    You also get a talisman now redemmable for 5 subs or 5 mirages (who would take chips)
    You can also get divine quests for pots that compete with crab meats/mp herbs.

- You can go help in Nirvana or any bh your friends/faction mates could have. Unless you feel you are too OP to participate in such things.

- You can go to TW and see how much u own or get owned..

- You can go TT for fun, to make cash or help people you know..

- Also I think guild bases quests, but never read more on that really..

So if you say there is no content, you are wrong.. There is...

Is just that if you rush to 105 and buy your way into end-gear, none of that will seem appealing. But to someone who levels slow and slowly works his cash up, it's all things to look forward to.

So next time, someone says they are bored as hell, they better look at themselves at how fast they accomplish things. Fast = not always fun.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fixed it fer ya.

its cheating if .ini edis actually gave ya an actual advantage but it doesn't so its simply breaking the rules

fail fix

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cheat

"To violate rules or regulations," is the entire definition that applies. Deny it all you like, people who modify game code to change their character's appearance are still cheating.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Regardless, GMs aren't doing anything about this, which is why you are Lv. 105, assuming if you did glitch lvl that is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fail fix

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cheat

"To violate rules or regulations," is the entire definition that applies. Deny it all you like, people who modify game code to change their character's appearance are still cheating.

THis part is just gonna keep circling I'll post my Url saying its cheating when it gives someone and advatage over other and you'll post yours. b:shutup

Cheating or not, ini edits are harmless and its honestly laughable that PWI made it against the rules. Btw its the only official PW server to have that rule, and I don't think even p- servers have that rule in place.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dance dance, I quoted one definition of cheating and the action only has to meet one definition to be cheating.

Modifying your non-EG toon to have EG features is *gasp* c h e a t i n g.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dance dance, I quoted one definition of cheating and the action only has to meet one definition to be cheating.

Modifying your non-EG toon to have EG features is *gasp* c h e a t i n g.

But who's to say your definition is the one the people who enforce this rule go by? For all we know they just see it as a violation of their rule, but not actually cheating.

So its also completely likely it is....wait for it....not cheating *gasp*

Now lets stop this, its only going in circles
    I <3 A lot of people
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    But who's to say your definition is the one the people who enforce this rule go by? For all we know they just see it as a violation of their rule, but not actually cheating.

So its also completely likely it is....wait for it....not cheating *gasp*

Now lets stop this, its only going in circles

Ahh now we're getting somewhere. Guess what, even of it were allowed even though its against the ToS, it's still cheating! Kinda reminds you of your initial complaint. To summarize your position: "This violates the ToS but I think it's ok so it's not cheating. That also violates the ToS and I don't like it therefore it is cheating!" This is why women should not be allowed on a jury. Look I even tied it back to the "real world" like the original post.
  • SilentGodai - Lost City
    SilentGodai - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    From this entire discussion:

Cheating in game results cheating in real life. Cheating is created by people who cheated in real life.

105 affects people in pvp. Last time i checked if you don't have the right gear/refine/shard. You don't stand a chance against in pvp. Your level matter nothing so stop crying over levels.

Extra 20 point of stats is so scary *runs away*.

I think people should stop worry about other people and what others are doing and improve yourself.

They cheat so what , Its not like they are affecting you. This game is one of the few game who has alots of other stuff to do than pvp.

Try playing other games where dungeons are shared than try to get your twilight gear-Lunar gear and complain that high levels are ruining it for you.

If you want to level normally with no hypers , doing all the quest than do it noone is stopping you. If you want to pvp go the other places around pwi find someone who has similar interest as you and kill them.

Here is a hint in pvp . Stop trying to be a hero and 1vs 1 pvp as a group chances are you will beat the rank 9 or make friends with rank 9 or other high level people.

The only one that is broken as class wise is Assassins beside them every other god damn high level in any server will die if you know how to group pvp. Most of the pvp people i saw only pvp in the main area. Hidden Orchid, Silverpool, and Arch. So other part of pwi is free to you to do whatever you want.

Play the game how you want to play. Your effort to get others to cheating wont get them to be enlightened suddenly.

I enjoy the game cause I play it with my close friends we made our own guild, we pvp withing our self, we help each other and have fun a time together.
  • ODANG - Lost City
    ODANG - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wall of text.

Cheating happens everywhere in life. That's how we live comfortably today. Get over it. So many QQ threads about goons. Does it affect you so much that you can't play the game? Quit.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wise man say

Its not cheating if its in a game of cards or you don't get caught.

Also Lol at the sin saying "if you cant win be a total woman and gank em"
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ahh now we're getting somewhere. Guess what, even of it were allowed even though its against the ToS, it's still cheating! Kinda reminds you of your initial complaint. To summarize your position: "This violates the ToS but I think it's ok so it's not cheating. That also violates the ToS and I don't like it therefore it is cheating!" This is why women should not be allowed on a jury. Look I even tied it back to the "real world" like the original post.

No, what I said was it does violate the TOS but calling it cheating is an overstatement and adds a negative connotation on the matter, its simply breaking a (useless) rule. While being a goonie is clearly cheating as anyone whose not 103+ (I think) gets a 10% reduced damage in PvP against a 105, and thus its giving an unfair advantage as they gooned their **** to get there.

An where the hell did that women shouldn't be on a jury comment come from? I'm pretty sure I'm a guy -checks pants- Yup, male. And with that random and insulting comment (because its sexist not because ya called me female) I see no point in arguing with ya.

Go have fun goonie -coolbearwave-

@ SilentGodai

lvl does count for something, you lose 10% if your damage unless your 103+ (I think) to a lvl 105 opponent.
    that's an extra crit %, or and a nice chunk of soulforce, and the ability to see lvl 103 sins (with detec post if you're not a sin)
    Yes that cheat affects me a lot, I can rarely find any squads to do anything with at 9x, no ones doing normal Fcs, and its to costly to solo frost right now, I cant get into lunar or TT or even Gv squads cause they all want a 100+ character.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Interesting.

If this isn't "actually" illegal (mods turning a blind eye) I'd almost be tempted to return to the game and try it.

I quit this game well over a year ago after aps became essential and sage BM's completely useless. Trying to find a Delta group in PWI to finish cultivation and switch is like trying to solo TT as a level 1.

Now I could just make a new BM, zip through to 100, send gear over (have a 5.0 set) and continue on. Rather nice.

However, that also means I'd be returning to a bugged, cash shop money obsessed game, with no new content, that is impossible to find instance groups in and allows instant leveling glitches to increase profits. Game looks like such a mess at the moment.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Interesting.

If this isn't "actually" illegal (mods turning a blind eye) I'd almost be tempted to return to the game and try it.

I quit this game well over a year ago after aps became essential and sage BM's completely useless. Trying to find a Delta group in PWI to finish cultivation and switch is like trying to solo TT as a level 1.

Now I could just make a new BM, zip through to 100, send gear over (have a 5.0 set) and continue on. Rather nice.

However, that also means I'd be returning to a bugged, cash shop money obsessed game, with no new content, that is impossible to find instance groups in and allows instant leveling glitches to increase profits. Game looks like such a mess at the moment.

It doesn't actually bring in that much profit. The reason it's allowed to continue is because the 1-2 GM's that do exist don't spend any actual time working, or put in a couple hours and call it a good week's work.

It's probably costing them a ton of money in the long term given how much they could squeeze out from us in hypers, charms, etc, by making us lvl in the traditional way with a new exp instance for 101+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Bauku - Heavens Tear
    Bauku - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I am the 99%
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Interesting.

You're obviously an obsessive complainer:

" a bugged" -all games have bugs

"cash shop money obsessed game" -this is best f2p game with merchants who are on par w/ the heaviest of cash shoppers. The CS'ers are also constantly getting *****.

"with no new content, that is impossible to find instance groups in" -The more content added: the harder of a time you'll have finding groups. -so which is it?

"instant leveling glitches to increase profits" -goon glitch is best bang for the buck. -try again!

"Game looks like such a mess at the moment." -yeah; coming from someone who supposedly quit a year ago.

There's many reasons not to like PWI as a company. You're just one of the many idiots that don't like them for no legitimate reason. You quit the game supposedly so why not bugger off?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i think this post is the best one i have ever read on these forums..yeah people gonna knock it but its a true fact.b:victory
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've yet to hear anything about the promised "we're working on a punishment now for those who 'gooned' " or w/e frankie said........ although i did read they're popping up in FC's bannign those doing it now.... meh. lol

You glitch and get banned your own fault for being a moron....... better just pray it isnt' a perma ban.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Player would then call that "features" rather than a glitch or exploit.

well, since goons have been in game for a long time, i think its safe to call it a feature b:laugh

also to op
    i have cheated in a lot of games but never cheated in any of those ways irl. i even repeated a college class just because i hadnt learn some stuff well enough
    a game is a game and real life is real life, anyone who cant tell the diference have mental problems
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've yet to hear anything about the promised "we're working on a punishment now for those who 'gooned' " or w/e frankie said........ although i did read they're popping up in FC's bannign those doing it now.... meh. lol

You glitch and get banned your own fault for being a moron....... better just pray it isnt' a perma ban.

Let's pick a troll rumor and roll with it. BTW: I got banned for eating slim jims while playing.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well we also know that most Goonz user's are the uber cash shop players so why ban them? they spending monthly or weekly money in the game so... no point on ban those but you know which ppl get banned? Most times its the poor ppl that get banned that are not able to spend cash
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The cheaters spend a lot of money to cheat. Then they spend even more to equip their high level characters with expensive gear.

Your not getting the hierachy here...

One of the reasons is, because by being a rule breaker, by spending tons on gear and equips, by just doing what you want - these people show to others in the game, that they are basically untouchable.

When a person has that belief, that another is somehow immune to punishment, they either fight them, or join them.

Sometimes its a butt-buddy relationship, sometimes its a Dog-At-Your-Feet-To-Eat-Crumbs relatinship.... some times just a Kiss-Butt-So-I-Don't-Get-PKed relationship.

Get on a PVP server.. head to a pvp zone when the people like this are there. Watch how people react. Run out to help who they are pking, and you get pummeled by small ones saying 'see? see? I'm hitting them - I'm on YOURRRR side (so dont' kill me).

I remember one person that told me you had to su-ck this guilds d--k to get in and now they are a member. They used to dish up so much hate to this guild - now I see they are not only a member but their gear has been 2x enhanced... many non-csers in this guild has much nicer gear because they follow the csers in the guild around like pets.

So... cheaters profit more. Botting, hacking, and they get more poweful more bold. No one does a thing and they continue, they get even stronger.... and people get afriad to speak out against them.

Why PWI does nothing... I am not sure... maybe they don't know how bad it is? Maybe they don't care as long as these folks keep spending their $ on gold. Does it matter they got this $$ through botting, hacking or account selling? Naw....

Then you know... worse then PWI doing this is the fact we let it happen. We turn a blind eye.... we are not vocal.... we excuse it away. We don't get PW the proof they need to stop it... so .. blame ourselves maybe?