Cheating with impunity

Skulla - Dreamweaver
Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
As we all know, many people have opted to cheat their way through the game via goonz glitching.
We've been told that this is a bannable offense.
We've been told to submit tickets with screenshots of people using this glitch and/or world chatting to create squads to use this glitch.
We've been told that the GMs will ban the people who are using/world chatting this glitch.
Unless you're blind, you know as well as I do that nothing has been done to these cheaters.

I blame not only those who are cheating, but also the administrators of the game.
They make a boatload of cash off these cheaters. They have no incentive to correct the glitch or ban those using it. The cheaters spend a lot of money to cheat. Then they spend even more to equip their high level characters with expensive gear.

I find both the cheaters and the administrators to be of the lowest moral character.
It isn't only that they lack integrity, they knowingly lie to anyone and everyone to 'get ahead' at any cost.

Now I know there are going to be people who want to respond with 'it's just a game, don't take it so seriously'.
Only, it's not just a game. The behavior of people is real life stuff. If you're willing to cheat here, you're willing to cheat in the real world. The lack of integrity is systemic and prevalent throughout society.

Cheating gamers use a glitch to power level their way to endgame so they can 'be the best' in-game.

College students cheat through their academic careers so they'll be at the 'top of their class' so they can get lucrative job offers from corporations after college.

Corporate entities pay lobbyists to influence legislators who create laws designed to separate lower income brackets from what little money they can acquire and pass it up
the chain to the high-rollers.

Disreputable brokers create ponzi schemes to separate money from their legitimate investors.

Sports 'heroes' use steroids to be the best in the game.

It goes on and on and on...
Everywhere you look, people using whatever means necessary to 'be the best'.
No matter the cost.

Nothing happens in a vacuum, if you cheat it's obvious that you can be successful and get ahead, right?

Wrong, cheating is destroying us.

Be advised, nothing lasts forever.
Eventually, if things keep going as they are, a system riddled with corruption will collapse.

In a game it doesn't matter much. The servers will shut down and the administrators will walk away laughing with all their money.
When you cheated your way through the game you probably don't care that you don't know all the nuances of what your character is/was capable of.
It didn't mean anything. After all, it's only a game.

Did you forget? Nothing happens in a vacuum.
The lack of integrity is systemic and practically pandemic.
Cheating is destroying us in the real world too. And just like in our game, nobody seems willing or able to stop it.
There are no servers to shut down in real life. If it all breaks down, not knowing what you should know will be catastrophic.

Laugh if you want to. Cheat if you want to.
Me? I play it straight.
All the time...
I just gave you some of my reasons why.
Post edited by Skulla - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    there is always a balance... just remember that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I fell asleep halfway through your post, but umm yeah gooners are idiots, but I could care less. The total fail ones will cause squad wipes and their names will become known as failures and people won't want to squad with them. In the end they'll get whats coming to them (even if it is only the realization of how much RL money they've wasted on the game)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bump for a non-existant GM response to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary
    KagamineRin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I couldn't actually read what you wrote because of the excessive length of the post but I'll assume it's about goons.

I don't see why it matters to you since you're level 88. What difference is it if you are fighting a level 103 or a level 105? You've going to be a one-shot either way. No amount of XP is going to make a fail player non-fail. It's all about gear in this game.

Before goons were widespread being 105 meant being a sin who exploited loopholes / design flaws by teleporting through walls and stealthing straight to bosses. That's just ****.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    I couldn't actually read what you wrote because of the excessive length of the post but I'll assume

Ever watch the Bad News Bears? There was a good line in that movie about what happens when you assume.

Did you by chance cheat on reading assignments in school?

Seriously though, my post covers a bit more than just goons.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I agree with your sentiment regarding FC glitching and cheating in general on PWI.

It's sad that people still world chat for it though in slightly less obvious terms.

The one currently favoured is saying something along the lines of "FC Cookies" usually accompanied by a winking smiley (on Dreamweaver anyway...)

Although not explicitly saying they'll be glitching, the implication is there if you read between the lines.

No doubt the terminology will change when there is percieved pressure that they're looking out for those world chatted terms...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Ever watch the Bad News Bears? There was a good line in that movie about what happens when you assume.

Did you by chance cheat on reading assignments in school?

Seriously though, my post covers a bit more than just goons.

Can you make a summary? If there is one thing Twitter taught me it's that all the greatest ideas in the world take 140 characters or less.
  • Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Can you make a summary? If there is one thing Twitter taught me it's that all the greatest ideas in the world take 140 characters or less.

Summary: people who cheat their way through the game suck.b:victory
  • khethos0001
    khethos0001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Life sucks... However, what goes around comes around. Karma is a ****~

Note: Skip the stuff in normal color and go to the White Text to skip out on the filler.

Goon Glitchers will not understand their character, will spend possibly thousands of dollars for a game so they get the giggles when they step out of Safe Zone with the "best gear" then be frustrated as to why they always go down like a fly to a swatter.

College Students that cheat, but get hired, will eventually show to be lazy bums that never learned a thing, so the job will eventually kick them out for poor performance.

The Corporate part, look at what most governments are staffed with, business people. The lobbyists are with those corporations and they give $Money$ to the "cause" so the gov is swayed their way. Gotta have a large war coffer for re-election after all.

Ponzi Schemes- Never do the "get rich quick" stuff, "If it's too good to be true~"

Sports + Steroids- You'll see them regret it later in life, as their muscles and bones break down sooner rather than later and they become decrepit from messing with hormones.

Cheating happens, the problem is looking how it will benefit the few. The Goon Glitchers go into heavy CSing so they can say "but I've paid for your vacation to Bermuda! How can you turn your back on that?" it's a defensive shot on their part... Which sadly works most of the time. They're not damaging game code, which is what the company is most worried about. They're just shafting the players because they have deep pockets and apparently can do whatever they want and the rules are bits of fluff to say "come on through if you can pay the toll man".

Just think of this happy thought... When PWI is shut down and becomes a rolling tumbleweed in the space of time and memory, who will be raving pissed at it, and who will look back and say "well, I had FUN"?
    b:cute
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    People who use EG physical traits on non-EG toons are also violating the rules. Cheating, as you will. It can also be argued this cheating is worse than gooning because it requires game code modification whereas anyone can get level 105, limited only by their available time, which can be improved with better gear and better net connection, method of doing so notwithstanding

Why don't you complain about those cheaters instead?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As we all know, many people have opted to cheat their way through the game via goonz glitching.
    We've been told that this is a bannable offense.
    We've been told to submit tickets with screenshots of people using this glitch and/or world chatting to create squads to use this glitch.
    We've been told that the GMs will ban the people who are using/world chatting this glitch.
    Unless you're blind, you know as well as I do that nothing has been done to these cheaters.

I blame not only those who are cheating, but also the administrators of the game.
    They make a boatload of cash off these cheaters. They have no incentive to correct the glitch or ban those using it. The cheaters spend a lot of money to cheat. Then they spend even more to equip their high level characters with expensive gear.

I find both the cheaters and the administrators to be of the lowest moral character.
    It isn't only that they lack integrity, they knowingly lie to anyone and everyone to 'get ahead' at any cost.

Now I know there are going to be people who want to respond with 'it's just a game, don't take it so seriously'.
    Only, it's not just a game. The behavior of people is real life stuff. If you're willing to cheat here, you're willing to cheat in the real world. The lack of integrity is systemic and prevalent throughout society.

Cheating gamers use a glitch to power level their way to endgame so they can 'be the best' in-game.

College students cheat through their academic careers so they'll be at the 'top of their class' so they can get lucrative job offers from corporations after college.

Corporate entities pay lobbyists to influence legislators who create laws designed to separate lower income brackets from what little money they can acquire and pass it up
    the chain to the high-rollers.

Disreputable brokers create ponzi schemes to separate money from their legitimate investors.

Sports 'heroes' use steroids to be the best in the game.

It goes on and on and on...
    Everywhere you look, people using whatever means necessary to 'be the best'.
    No matter the cost.

Nothing happens in a vacuum, if you cheat it's obvious that you can be successful and get ahead, right?

Wrong, cheating is destroying us.

Be advised, nothing lasts forever.
    Eventually, if things keep going as they are, a system riddled with corruption will collapse.

In a game it doesn't matter much. The servers will shut down and the administrators will walk away laughing with all their money.
    When you cheated your way through the game you probably don't care that you don't know all the nuances of what your character is/was capable of.
    It didn't mean anything. After all, it's only a game.

Did you forget? Nothing happens in a vacuum.
    The lack of integrity is systemic and practically pandemic.
    Cheating is destroying us in the real world too. And just like in our game, nobody seems willing or able to stop it.
    There are no servers to shut down in real life. If it all breaks down, not knowing what you should know will be catastrophic.

Laugh if you want to. Cheat if you want to.
    Me? I play it straight.
    All the time...
    I just gave you some of my reasons why.

Somewhere among all the moralizing in that wall o' text I get the impression that if we glitch goonz, such "despicable" behavior will carry over into real life where we will then be:

- encouraged to cheat on college exams,

- take steroids on the track,

- bribe legislators to create laws designed to separate lower income brackets from what little money they can acquire and pass it up.

Christ... when did a game like this that has far out lived it's shelf life become a personal soap box for all those disgruntled with their lives and the world in general ? b:bye
  • Sdrassa - Sanctuary
    Sdrassa - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2011
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Summaries, short-cuts, Cliff's Notes versions of life...

That's basically what's wrong, the short-cuts can get you to the end but you will
    miss the context that you never covered.

If you read the first few and last few pages of every chapter in a book you'll know a lot about the book. However, you will miss parts of the book that could have given you enjoyment or insights or knowledge that you never even knew existed.

In other words, there really are no short-cuts. There is either doing something or doing something part way.

We're already disadvantaged by our brain's ability to 'fill in' the gaps for what we see and hear. Without the proper attention to detail it becomes all to easy to be fooled, misled or completely deceived.

It happens all the time, all around you. You're just not paying attention.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011

I can't cover everything, most of you are already complaining about how I made a post too big to read and it's making your heads hurt to think.
    edited October 2011
    Summaries, short-cuts, Cliff's Notes versions of life...

That's basically what's wrong, the short-cuts can get you to the end but you will
    miss the context that you never covered.

If you read the first few and last few pages of every chapter in a book you'll know a lot about the book. However, you will miss parts of the book that could have given you enjoyment or insights or knowledge that you never even knew existed.

In other words, there really are no short-cuts. There is either doing something or doing something part way.

We're already disadvantaged by our brain's ability to 'fill in' the gaps for what we see and hear. Without the proper attention to detail it becomes all to easy to be fooled, misled or completely deceived.

It happens all the time, all around you. You're just not paying attention.

Ahh ok, I agree people shouldn't goon from level 1 up to 105 (at least on their first character). That doesn't apply to just gooning there, there is always hyper shard combining, buying heads, and oracles. I don't see a problem with people gooning from 101+ to 105 since there is no game content in-between.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hmm I think op was saying something along the lines of it sucks that the game is flooded with cheaters and that mentality in all aspects of the game. The idea of cheating in a video game, which ever part you cheat at, goes to show a lack of the stuff that would make you follow the rules even in real life.---btw thats coming from someone who is a criminal in real life and has spent roughtly 1/4th of my life behind bars as it were.
    edited October 2011
    It is becoming a norm to cheat now. The moment an exploit or glitch is found, and if it is beneficial, players will swarm onto that, knowing that they can most likely get away from it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited October 2011
    Is it only cheating when players do it? What about when PWE released Hyper XP after people worked hard getting to 101+ in a legit way (questing and grinding)? What about when PWE released oracles in packs? All of these actions spit in the face of those players who earned their levels via traditional ways.
    edited October 2011
    Is it only cheating when players do it? What about when PWE released Hyper XP after people worked hard getting to 101+ in a legit way (questing and grinding)? What about when PWE released oracles in packs? All of these actions spit in the face of those players who earned their levels via traditional ways.

Player would then call that "features" rather than a glitch or exploit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited October 2011
    Player would then call that "features" rather than a glitch or exploit.

Doesn't really matter what it's called. It's a spit in the face started by PWE. Gooning is just the latest battle in a war started by PWE on it's own players. Ever since Oracles were introduced levels have meant nothing. It's as true today as it has ever been.

At least it takes more skill to kill hundreds of dragoons at once than to use Oracles.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2011

What about all those people that spent tons of cash on r8 only to have r9 released and r8 alot easier to get b:chuckle games change with time new features (though we have too few new features and too many easier feathers) come out some for better some for worse. Would the game be more fun with no hyper stones, maybe, I vote just for no hypers in FC like the China servers b:pleased that makes glitching goons less worth while than just aoe grinding with hypers on normal mobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Hmm I think op was saying something along the lines of it sucks that the game is flooded with cheaters and that mentality in all aspects of the game. The idea of cheating in a video game, which ever part you cheat at, goes to show a lack of the stuff that would make you follow the rules even in real life.---btw thats coming from someone who is a criminal in real life and has spent roughtly 1/4th of my life behind bars as it were.

And we have a winner!!!
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It's kinda ironic the self admitted criminal is "the winner".

b:chuckle

And it is hard to say all cheating is bad. Everything happens for a reason, and karma is a milch.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    People who use EG physical traits on non-EG toons are also violating the rules. Cheating, as you will. It can also be argued this cheating is worse than gooning because it requires game code modification whereas anyone can get level 105, limited only by their available time, which can be improved with better gear and better net connection, method of doing so notwithstanding

Lol what?
    For one by definition its not a cheat, so people who do have edited characters aren't actually cheating. (see definition of cheat below )

Cheat: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination

So aside from the near invisible skinny chars (which I view as the only downside to letting people .ini edit), How do you gain an actual advantage over anyone else by say, having EG eyes and TB hair? It's that telling that guy(?) who keeps putting "0" instead of "o" (sry I forgot your name), aesthetically its not appealing to you, but its completely within his bounds to write his posts however he(?) so chooses.

Also because that edit is allowed in every other server exep't here, but were allowed hypers in FC and all the others aren't.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    trololol at you trying to call out cheaters cause of goons. ppl havign been botting since the start of this game which is worse then goons. hell i was in a guild at the beginning of hte server where we had 2-3 ppl making bots as fast as pwi coudl stop them.

not that i ever used a botb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    What about all those people that spent tons of cash on r8 only to have r9 released and r8 alot easier to get b:chuckle games change with time new features (though we have too few new features and too many easier feathers) come out some for better some for worse. Would the game be more fun with no hyper stones, maybe, I vote just for no hypers in FC like the China servers b:pleased that makes glitching goons less worth while than just aoe grinding with hypers on normal mobs

b:dirty yes please, bring people out of instances and to back open world, and PvP where its not just both SPs. Hidden Orchid and West

b:surrender To bad it wont be done.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lol what?
    For one by definition its not a cheat, so people who do have edited characters aren't actually cheating. (see definition of cheat below )

Cheat: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination

Cheat: to violate rules or regulations

lolwutnow?
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    as much as i think this guy is ignorant with some wrong facts... the more i read this thread, the more i see his point xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    as much as i think this guy is ignorant with some wrong facts... the more i read this thread, the more i see his point xD

Bill's just saying what people want to hear. He doesn't want you to think about how things could be if those corporate entities were a little less concerned with the bottom line as it pertains to their own portion of the pie vs. being a little more concerned about how their bottom line affects the whole pie.

Don't be fooled, it's hard to think about how things should be when all you've ever known is what you've been taught. Thinking for one's self is no easy task and it will definitely make your head hurt when you start.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Bill's just saying what people want to hear. He doesn't want you to think about how things could be if those corporate entities were a little less concerned with the bottom line as it pertains to their own portion of the pie vs. being a little more concerned about how their bottom line affects the whole pie.

Don't be fooled, it's hard to think about how things should be when all you've ever known is what you've been taught. Thinking for one's self is no easy task and it will definitely make your head hurt when you start.

i was just trollin' calm down

im not gonna even argue the video because its a conversation with a topic unrelated to your thread
    the only thing even closely relating the two are the descriptions of the type of people we have in a society

anyways... like i said in my first post to your thread - there is a balance, there are always going to be bad people in the world but there are always going to be good ones too. you need both, just choose to be a good one and be thankful that you/ other good people exist.
    play the game the way you want to play it and enjoy it for the aspects that arent ruined, dont care what others do or else you will just be angry and dissapointed.

i used to be angry about a lot of things in this game... but it really just isnt worth it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]