Cheating with impunity

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    This is Pack World International. You get your gear, your levels, and just about everything else from a ****ing pack.

As for fail people's names getting known, as of now, there are so many fail people playing this game, I don't think I could store every fail player's names in my phone because 8GB of capacity isn't enough.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As long as someone is thorwing cash at this game they have full immunity from any punishment for any infraction. Look at all the 105's in the rankings. 99.99% werent there a year ago and many appeared within a month of certain glitch being made public. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out there is cheating going on and someone needs a permaban. Only problem is, the cheaters are spending cash like crazy.
    The ones in charge of the game would rather have the glitchers quick cash instead of inforcing the rules they set for the game, even if it shortens the life of the game by running off alot of players that like a fair system.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As long as someone is thorwing cash at this game they have full immunity from any punishment for any infraction.

That's total BS. I know a faction leader that's spent 10's of thousands on this game and he's been banned multiple times for a piddly offense that we can't even discuss.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well, it would appear that we all know what the root of the problem is with this rampant cheating.

Cash. The cold hard reality is that the people responsible for maintaining this game care more for the money than they care for the customers themselves.

You are not important, only your wallet is. How does that make you feel?

If you want anything to change then the only way to make that happen is to cut off the money supply to the game.

Why don't we try putting the 'community' concept to work for real?
    Why don't we try to convince people to spend NOTHING on this game?

What's the worst that could happen? They end up shutting down the servers for good.
    What's the best that could happen? They straighten their act AND their game up.

I don't like being treated like an ATM machine. Never have, never will.
    It's up to you to decide for yourself of course, but for me the choice was easy. I didn't blow thousands on this game. I've spent $40 in total and consider it as money spent for entertainment only. While I still enjoy running around in the game world I am tired of seeing people being exploited by a company that has no regard for their customers.

Just because somebody can (supposedly) afford dropping thousands of dollars on this game doesn't necessarily mean they should. It's not my place to tell people how to spend their money. But it is definitely within the scope of being a decent person to voice a resounding Caveat Emptor as a reminder to everyone (wealthy or not), this company doesn't care about you. They care about what they can make off of you. And when they're done collecting from you what they can these servers and all you cool gear will disappear like so much smoke.

And now, I fully expect a closed or locked thread since I am pretty sure I just crossed that line from 'annoying nuisance' to 'threat to the bottom line'.
    edited October 2011
    So he's repeatedly commited the same offense and keeps being returned to the game.
    Sounds like immunity to me. Being sent to the corner for a time out instead of a permaban for being a repeat offender.
    edited October 2011
    Well, it would appear that we all know what the root of the problem is with this rampant cheating.

Cash. The cold hard reality is that the people responsible for maintaining this game care more for the money than they care for the customers themselves.

You are not important, only your wallet is. How does that make you feel?

If you want anything to change then the only way to make that happen is to cut off the money supply to the game.

Why don't we try putting the 'community' concept to work for real?
    Why don't we try to convince people to spend NOTHING on this game?

What's the worst that could happen? They end up shutting down the servers for good.
    What's the best that could happen? They straighten their act AND their game up.

I don't like being treated like an ATM machine. Never have, never will.
    It's up to you to decide for yourself of course, but for me the choice was easy. I didn't blow thousands on this game. I've spent $40 in total and consider it as money spent for entertainment only. While I still enjoy running around in the game world I am tired of seeing people being exploited by a company that has no regard for their customers.

Just because somebody can (supposedly) afford dropping thousands of dollars on this game doesn't necessarily mean they should. It's not my place to tell people how to spend their money. But it is definitely within the scope of being a decent person to voice a resounding Caveat Emptor as a reminder to everyone (wealthy or not), this company doesn't care about you. They care about what they can make off of you. And when they're done collecting from you what they can these servers and all you cool gear will disappear like so much smoke.

And now, I fully expect a closed or locked thread since I am pretty sure I just crossed that line from 'annoying nuisance' to 'threat to the bottom line'.

I spend nothing on this game anymore. I do donate to a private server still but thats because the rewards they give for a donation are light years ahead of what you get here and they keep the game fun with multiple weekly events that have massive rewards themself.
    PWI only wants to ring out as much cash as they can while giving as little in return as they can.
  • tarancel121
    tarancel121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Basically if ya have a problem with game ya either complain .. so yor Option is heard or quit .. But i bet anyone that does do goon's wouldn't be complain but the ones that cant do it .. ofc there going to complain cause they cant do it .. or find a group to do it .. or are to lazy to go level so must bad mouth those that can do anything...........
  • thumbs
    edited October 2011
    So he's repeatedly commited the same offense and keeps being returned to the game.
    Sounds like immunity to me. Being sent to the corner for a time out instead of a permaban for being a repeat offender.

Actually on final one, and it's a grey area.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Basically if ya have a problem with game ya either complain .. so yor Option is heard or quit .. But i bet anyone that does do goon's wouldn't be complain but the ones that cant do it .. ofc there going to complain cause they cant do it .. or find a group to do it .. or are to lazy to go level so must bad mouth those that can do anything...........

Anybody can farm the coin for glitch runs.

Some people find the game entertaining enough without cheating.

A few people don't need to have 'the best' to have fun in the game.

It's not about jealousy or trying to keep up with your Jones'.

The problem is that some people are exploiting a glitch that has been explicitly defined to be a bannable offense and nothing is being done to correct the issue.

Also, by using this glitch it puts others (who are more competitive, i.e.; those interested in TW or PvP in general) at a serious disadvantage if they do not follow suit and exploit the glitch as well. Essentially, the lack of proper administration is forcing people who would rather not cheat to either do so or be gimped through no fault of their own.
    If you find nothing wrong with that I must question your moral integrity as well.

Furthermore, the prevailing theory as to why nothing is being done to these glitch abusers is because they're throwing money at the game in great quantity.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The prevailing theory of why nothing is being done is simply that IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE. It's not that every dragoon spawner charges money, because that is a ridiculously **** assumption, it's that players that power level with Dragoons are not affecting the game any differently than players that power level through hyper FCC. Since PWI supports using Hypers in FCC, they can't say using Hypers with Dragoon spawning in FCC is now unbalancing the game. Seriously get some ******n perspective. PWI ****ed up the game before players ever did.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    The prevailing theory of why nothing is being done is simply that IT DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE. It's not that every dragoon spawner charges money, because that is a ridiculously **** assumption, it's that players that power level with Dragoons are not affecting the game any differently than players that power level through hyper FCC. Since PWI supports using Hypers in FCC, they can't say using Hypers with Dragoon spawning in FCC is now unbalancing the game. Seriously get some ******n perspective. PWI ****ed up the game before players ever did.

Your hypothesis is flawed, Hypers have been in the game for quite some time. Even with the Hypers being used there were less than a dozen people at 103-105.

Since the exploitation of the goonz glitch we've seen the number of 103-105 level toons explode at an exponential rate.

You're the one lacking perspective.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Your hypothesis is flawed, Hypers have been in the game for quite some time. Even with the Hypers being used there were less than a dozen people at 103-105.

Since the exploitation of the goonz glitch we've seen the number of 103-105 level toons explode at an exponential rate.

You're the one lacking perspective.

You're the one who thinks it SERIOUSLY MATTERS if you're level 105 as opposed to level 101.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    You're the one who thinks it SERIOUSLY MATTERS if you're level 105 as opposed to level 101.

Do you deny an advantage for 105 vs 101?

Do you deny an advantage for a guild in TW with more 105s vs a guild with none?

Do you deny that attaining 105 without glitching goonz would be as commonplace as it currently is?

Why are you so vehemently defending cheating?
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Fact: Level 105 players make more money in game, have a better sex life, and through various birth cohort studies live approximately 9.2 years longer than non-105 players.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    That's total BS. I know a faction leader that's spent 10's of thousands on this game and he's been banned multiple times for a piddly offense that we can't even discuss.

This goes back to what you say to other people and what you do around other people >> that you either do not know, do not know well or assume you can trust.

Many of us, just from Open Chat, Whispers, Guild Chat - know of account sharing, selling, exploits, glitches, botting, hacks, cybering, cheating on ingame spouses, etc etc etc... And it's alll there - ready for anyone that has a beef with you to screen shot. So you set yourself up.

People.... say too much and sometimes to the wrong people. In the end they basically give the people the evidence they need to get themselves banned. Remember, innocent until proven guilty and enough screen shots with complaints - prove guilt.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011

Do you deny that attaining 105 without glitching goonz would be as commonplace as it currently is?

I deny all these things. Where is your proof? You're just bitter for the sake of being bitter. 105 players don't ruin your gaming experience, so what's the point in ******** about it. Find something good to cry about like global warming or something.

Besides some extra stat points equal to a bit more hp/p.attk/m.attk/or maybe crit, there is no real advantage to being 105 vs 101, unless of course youre a sin in which your stealth level benefits from it. But sins are not a game breaking class when it comes to TW. Sure they can't be detected as easily, but no TW faction is going to be stronger because they can deploy more 105 sins than their opponents.

The only thing that is true is the last statement, goons made becoming 105 a lot more commonplace. Other than that, it changes nothing in regards to game-play and player interactions.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    I deny all these things. Where is your proof? You're just bitter for the sake of being bitter. 105 players don't ruin your gaming experience, so what's the point in ******** about it. Find something good to cry about like global warming or something.

Besides some extra stat points equal to a bit more hp/p.attk/m.attk/or maybe crit, there is no real advantage to being 105 vs 101, unless of course youre a sin in which your stealth level benefits from it. But sins are not a game breaking class when it comes to TW. Sure they can't be detected as easily, but no TW faction is going to be stronger because they can deploy more 105 sins than their opponents.

The only thing that is true is the last statement, goons made becoming 105 a lot more commonplace. Other than that, it changes nothing in regards to game-play and player interactions.

You deny all these things in your first sentence. Had you stopped there you could have claimed ignorance for your faulty reasoning. But you proceeded to list the contradictions to your first sentence with everything else you typed.

All you can claim now is a desire to defend an indefensible position.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011

I'm just refuting your claim that PWI isn't doing much because the cheaters are all charging money. I'm saying it doesn't make a very large difference compared to hyper FCC.

Let's put it this way, 20 extra stats in say, dex, would give someone with a R9+12 bow, Drakeflame sharded, holding R9 ring and R8 ring, about 500 more base damage and 1 crit. Less than 1k extra damage fully buffed at most. Congratu-****ing-lations, you can now do things you couldn't have done before!

That is why PWI doesn't go out and hunt every instance down to ban people. There are worse things to rant about, like Hyper FCC period.
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    105 players don't ruin your gaming experience, so what's the point in ******** about it.

I'll admit it is a pain in the butt to be rolled by someone popping out of steath on you and jamming a dagger in your side. Especially ... if you are another Sin.

But... as mad as it makes me, the truth is, that is just an edge they use. I use my refines, my nice gear as my edge. Maybe... instead of getting angry (and yeah I sure do)... I should calm down, figure out how to counteract this... and have some fun with it.

I think other classes get angrier than I do, simply because it's how they live day-to-day in this virtual world. Farming *poof - jab - stab - die* -- Killing mobs *poof - jab - stab - die* -- Goofing around outside of SZ *poof - jab - stab - die*
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2011

Of course 105 vs 101 is HUGE advantage.
    105 doesn't loose experience when die.
    105 can have perfect genie with much more affinity points.(this is huge advantage.)
    105 has another 20 points to stat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    Of course 105 vs 101 is HUGE advantage.
    105 doesn't loose experience when die.
    105 can have perfect genie with much more affinity points.(this is huge advantage.)
    105 has another 20 points to stat.

How is that game breaking in any way? It's not. A perfect genie... give me a break.

You might as well not even play this game if you're going to let petty problems ruin it for you, because PWI is full of petty problems. Do they get taken care of? For the most part, no. If it bothers you so much, go find something else to do. Otherwise **** and enjoy your gaming.

Seriously players in this game are pathetic. They cry about everything. This is a free to play MMO run by people who really don't care to enforce rules that don't directly break the gaming experience. If you expect something to be done about every little thing, I suggest you go to another game, your best bets are a pay to play one.
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    I'm just refuting your claim that PWI isn't doing much because the cheaters are all charging money. I'm saying it doesn't make a very large difference compared to hyper FCC.

Let's put it this way, 20 extra stats in say, dex, would give someone with a R9+12 bow, Drakeflame sharded, holding R9 ring and R8 ring, about 500 more base damage and 1 crit. Less than 1k extra damage fully buffed at most. Congratu-****ing-lations, you can now do things you couldn't have done before!

That is why PWI doesn't go out and hunt every instance down to ban people. There are worse things to rant about, like Hyper FCC period.

The claim is valid, the amount of cash spent on gearing these goonz glitched toons is more than likely making PWE a mountain of profit in a much shorter period of time than if said toons were leveled slower.

Also, as to your argument about Hypers being a game breaker, I would say that the advent of Oracles was the first case where one could see the true motivations behind the rapid-level-increase profit motive behind PWEs methodologies.

I've been around a good long time, not too long after open beta I think. I still remember gold prices when they were less than 100k. I remember the Duke Rose fiasco (nope, I didn't exploit that one either). I don't have a desire to rocket through levels like a speed freak.

I generally play the game solo, I party when it is beneficial to others more often than I party when it is beneficial for myself. Your arguments are wasted on me. I am not here complaining about cheaters over 100+ because I'm in competition with them, I'm complaining because what they're doing to get those levels is wrong as defined by the administrators of this game in the ToS.

Do I agree that PWE has made choices about game modifications that have altered the game in a negative way and made attaining levels far too easy?
    Yes, I do.

Do I compare the introduction of Oracles/Hypers/BHs, etc. to the exploitation of a glitch?
    No, I do not.

Do I honestly believe that there should be a GM posted on the server at all times to at least attempt to control the problem(s) within the game?
    Yes, I do.

Do I expect PWE to do anything about the problem(s) we all see in game?
    No, I do not. At least, not without us making an effort to make it clear we are tired of being ignored. If that means taking money out of PWEs pocket, so be it. I'd rather it not come to that but then again, I'd rather not see the servers full of people who think they're 'exceptional' when all they really are is unacceptably abusing something that is making this game a pathetic shadow of what it once was.
  • thumbs
    edited November 2011
    Fact: Level 105 players make more money in game, have a better sex life, and through various birth cohort studies live approximately 9.2 years longer than non-105 players.

-Lol! -And I thought I was happy with 3 hots and a cot.

People who make millions more a year than me have an advantage
    People who have 5x as much time to play have an advantage
    People who are economic experts have an advantage
    People who make the right friends have an advantage
    People who have been playing longer have an advantage
    People with multiple computers have an advantage
    People who aren't quadriplegics using their tongues to play have an advantage
    People who can multitask like eating, peeing, and fornicating while playing have an advantage

-the under advantaged it seems would rather wine all day than play.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2011
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lol read first paragraph ... I think ...

Anyway ... Blaming the GMs just going to start trouble = You Banned.

Just let them do your jobs and let the OP be OP. kk

_

lmao @ Thumbs post - Sounds about right.

Good thing I give 2 poops about PvP. OP Players are more of an advantage ... if you make friends with them. x.x
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I agree with your sentiment regarding FC glitching and cheating in general on PWI.

It's sad that people still world chat for it though in slightly less obvious terms.

The one currently favoured is saying something along the lines of "FC Cookies" usually accompanied by a winking smiley (on Dreamweaver anyway...)

Although not explicitly saying they'll be glitching, the implication is there if you read between the lines.

No doubt the terminology will change when there is percieved pressure that they're looking out for those world chatted terms...

yeah..

Even the ones that say 95+ looking for seeker/barb, YOU KNOW ITS GOON PARTY...
  • Ojji - Archosaur
    Ojji - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Why compare things that take place in rl with things that take place in game?
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If you're not cheating you're not trying.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    thumbs wrote: »
    -Lol! -And I thought I was happy with 3 hots and a cot.

People who make millions more a year than me have an advantage
    People who have 5x as much time to play have an advantage
    People who are economic experts have an advantage
    People who make the right friends have an advantage
    People who have been playing longer have an advantage
    People with multiple computers have an advantage
    People who aren't quadriplegics using their tongues to play have an advantage
    People who can multitask like eating, peeing, and fornicating while playing have an advantage

-the under advantaged it seems would rather wine all day than play.

Sure but difference is how you obtain this advantage. Your work or CHEATING!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The greatest evidence of goon-glitchers ruining the game experience can be seen on the European servers, where the TW maps are monopolized by factions full of "miraculous" level 100+ players so soon after the launch of the servers.