Ready for new expansion

Options

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm guessing it's just them calling it an expansion when in reality they might add a couple of unused skills that the classes have been had, and finally finish the EG expansion. If it's even real.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    @tsukyini: in pwcn there's a daily for 350m exp, level 106 req. also, another level of 'frost', that offers 100x what you get now, 110 req

there use to be rough pictures of a spear wielding warrior(..with a shield) and a short gun wielder(dwarf like) on the old dev's blog, seems fitting based on previous expansions. also sounds op as hell.

a warrior with heals and an archer that auto-1 shots everyone from 40 meters, gf everyone

um... dwarf gun wielder... sounds like Forsaken World where Dwarves actually are Gun Wielder's :3

As far as the Expansion itself goes, I think Ken_'s description at the bottom of the last page is interesting and worth thinking about. It would certainly be a benefit to have a defensive tank type caster during Caster Nirvana Runs I think, and the heavy Debuff Pet Class sounds useful to an extent as well, would have to wait and see what it actually does before I judge that one though.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    slight info on new classes from what i gathered. for now ima just give a summary and post the skills for the 2 classes later.

new race is called "Celestials" or something to that effect.

class 1 is called necromancer. this is a arcane class that can also use summons, but its completly opposite of a mystic. this class apprently focuses on heavy HP debuffs and stat debuffs along with heavy hitting skills. itts purely a debuff class at heart but the offensive skills seem to hit as hard if not harder than a wizzard. his summons focuses on undead summoning and apparently these summons work diffrently from venos/mystic. some summons cant attk nor die and only server as basically a meat shield. others have "possesion" abilities. i dont think any of the undead summons are offensive summons. necromancers are similiar to psys in terms of weapons. they get their own weapon called spell books which is exactly how it sounds.

class 2 is called immortal: this class sounds like it can be a tank, but instead is a pure arcane class with tankish abilities. it has a skill similiar to assasins to where it can avoid death and it has various defensive spells/shields. this class seems to be mostly a squad support class the provides HP buffs, defensive shields, and defensive magical/physical buffs. but it can also be a pretty decent DD when it needs to be. its defensive auras are extremly powerful tho. best way to describe this class in short is a defensive arcane class more then offensive. but the class does have powerful offensive skills to boot to DD with.

thats all for now. will post skills later. if anyone wants to translate tho be my guest.

http://event52.wanmei.com/w2i/201010/mingyun/index.htm

thats link. im honestly to lazy to translate

Fell for it b:angry b:angryb:angry /Facepalm
  • jessabomb11
    jessabomb11 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    slight info on new classes from what i gathered. for now ima just give a summary and post the skills for the 2 classes later.

class 1 is called necromancer. this is a arcane class that can also use summons, but its completly opposite of a mystic. this class apprently focuses on heavy HP debuffs and stat debuffs along with heavy hitting skills. itts purely a debuff class at heart but the offensive skills seem to hit as hard if not harder than a wizzard. his summons focuses on undead summoning and apparently these summons work diffrently from venos/mystic. some summons cant attk nor die and only server as basically a meat shield. others have "possesion" abilities. i dont think any of the undead summons are offensive summons. necromancers are similiar to psys in terms of weapons. they get their own weapon called spell books which is exactly how it sounds.

class 2 is called immortal: this class sounds like it can be a tank, but instead is a pure arcane class with tankish abilities. it has a skill similiar to assasins to where it can avoid death and it has various defensive spells/shields. this class seems to be mostly a squad support class the provides HP buffs, defensive shields, and defensive magical/physical buffs. but it can also be a pretty decent DD when it needs to be. its defensive auras are extremly powerful tho. best way to describe this class in short is a defensive arcane class more then offensive. but the class does have powerful offensive skills to boot to DD with.

thats all for now. will post skills later. if anyone wants to translate tho be my guest.

http://event52.wanmei.com/w2i/201010/mingyun/index.htm

thats link. im honestly to lazy to translate

You just took my rickroll virginity XD
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fell for it b:angry b:angryb:angry /Facepalm

b:sadb:surrender me too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

If this is true it would be so cool... Necromancers are about the coolest mages around and I'd deffinitly make one... To bad I smell a troll though... The link in your post is completely unrelated... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Asherkill - Raging Tide
    Asherkill - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All they rly need to do is update the old classes
    eeew gltich. no its been there for 3 months its one of pwi many features :D
  • rustyspade
    rustyspade Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why would pw even consider an expantion,,,EXCEPT for one reason ,and one reson only ,,MONEY,,MONEY ,,MONEY !!!!! GREEDIE PPL !!!!!!
    They can not fix what we have now ,so why add more problems . PPL LEAVING THE GAME EVERY DAY PW ,,WHAT YOU DOING ABOUT IT ?
    NEED to stop ,,listen to the ppl , put the time used to **** up the game more,and fix what is already here ......
    If pwi is TRY'ING to drive ppl away VERY GOOD JOB !!!!!
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    my a@@ of new expansion give us R9 for EG frist b:angry
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ....LOL....thats all I can really say.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    can't wait until tomorrow when we can get some CM confirmation of some sort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The dolphin b:laugh

Why in the world would they make that for the Untamed?b:puzzled

I would think of that as more of a water mount than an Aero...

Annoying.b:angry

On a side note, this whole idea seems to be exciting...

And let me see...

The last expansion that was released around this time of year was the Rising Tide expansion, which we got around the end of the year...

So I'm thinking a similar date for when we get the new stuff they released in China.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I still can't find info on wanmei...and other several sites... even from ps forum.. b:lipcurl

Will we got fire elemental race or new class for old race ? b:laugh
    It's cheaper to make new class for old race... < no need for new starting region
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One would think its releasing new skills for the eg

and extra quests missions and storyline continuation... something tells me that goes for the end game crowd.... maybe even a lvl cap raise Seeing as how the initial lvl cap was 150... Hell there is even a way in game you can see the 136+ gear....

See I told you goon glitch would have a positive outcome b:chuckle

Now who was it that bet me $20 bucks????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL ?

Chinese ppl have such bad standards

PWE devs probably have never made sex, cuz id rather ** a sofa than a chair

and also, a Dolphin ? really... ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Expansion...? Why I didn't receive any info from my....um...top secret....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Expansion...? Why I didn't receive any info from my....um...top secret....

b:quiet Top Secret b:cool
    Btw, thank you for many information, translation, and explanation on PWe / Wanmei games mooy. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    maybe its just a mistype >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    krittycat wrote: »
    why In The World Would They Make That For The Untamed?b:puzzled

Yea Give It To Us
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this game needs a dual gunner class, aka ranged 5aps sins. if they make that class then ill be in lovve
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    gamekillz wrote: »
    This talks about the chinese game Perfect World, our game, Perfect World International, is an american port of Perfect World II.

i think you're right

Perfect World II (w2i) is the free to play version of Perfect World
    Perfect World (World 2) is the chinese pay2play version

i guess the expansion is anounced for World 2 and not for w2i

Expansion Open Beta Event

Event time: September 15-October 15
    Active content:
    1, while expansion of open beta, official free older players a month card.
    2, free conditions: last login time on August 1, 2009 during the player account.
    3, activity is turned on, month card will be filled directly into eligible player accounts.
    Card duration 4, month: September 15-October 15.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why do the chinese avatars always look like jack skellington?
  • Erychea - Dreamweaver
    Erychea - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why do the chinese avatars always look like jack skellington?
    They're not avatars, they're characters. There's a difference.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They're not avatars, they're characters. There's a difference.

"In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character. It may take either a three-dimensional form[1], as in games or virtual worlds..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(computing)
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Alright, time to clear up some misconceptions.

The Glory Renaissance expansion is for the ages old p2p Perfect World, not the f2p Perfect World II (aka the version we play).

From what I can tell from the engrish in this article, it's looks like the p2p servers not only were updated since forever, but were released into open beta.
    I don't know if these means the p2p servers were in beta testing all this time, or if it was relaunched, but it most definitely means they are getting updated now.
    The p2p servers were pretty much ignored for the longest time in terms of updates, prior to this it was pretty much just vanilla perfect world (meaning without any expansions at all, hell, it even had the same bugs).
    The only advantages to the p2p version I know of is the housing system (which I think is pretty damn cool and I would so cs for it if it was available) and the lack of a cs.

There could be more of an explanation on the p2p servers here in this timeline, but I don't know chinese; I'm just a player who plays the f2p servers in china when a new expansion is released.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erychea - Dreamweaver
    Erychea - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character. It may take either a three-dimensional form[1], as in games or virtual worlds..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(computing)
    Exactly. They're not representations of the user. If they were, they'd be gender locked to your account and they'd all be human.

They're representations of their own. Separate identity than their user(whether the user role plays the aspect or not), as in a different characterization, hence "character".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_character

The page even links to the Avatar page to contrast the different meanings... T_T
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    we are still beta testing this game for them.Yes we still play a beta game thats why so many buggs/glitches are still here wouldnt surprise me if all those are fixed in the p2p version
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • /polIo - Sanctuary60
    /polIo - Sanctuary60 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Alright, time to clear up some misconceptions.

The Glory Renaissance expansion is for the ages old p2p Perfect World, not the f2p Perfect World II (aka the version we play).

From what I can tell from the engrish in this article, it's looks like the p2p servers not only were updated since forever, but were released into open beta.
    I don't know if these means the p2p servers were in beta testing all this time, or if it was relaunched, but it most definitely means they are getting updated now.
    The p2p servers were pretty much ignored for the longest time in terms of updates, prior to this it was pretty much just vanilla perfect world (meaning without any expansions at all, hell, it even had the same bugs).
    The only advantages to the p2p version I know of is the housing system (which I think is pretty damn cool and I would so cs for it if it was available) and the lack of a cs.

There could be more of an explanation on the p2p servers here in this timeline, but I don't know chinese; I'm just a player who plays the f2p servers in china when a new expansion is released.

I want P2P PW. If they released it for the rest of the world (where we don't have to suffer excruciatingly high ping), I would jump on that so fast....