Ready for new expansion

Options

Comments

• Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    we are still beta testing this game for them.Yes we still play a beta game thats why so many buggs/glitches are still here wouldnt surprise me if all those are fixed in the p2p version

If that were true, the p2p version would've gotten the tb expansion long before this.
    Also, as far as I know, the p2p version was the same as pwi was pre- tb, it had the same bugs, glitches, even same amount of rubber-banding...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i think you're right

Perfect World II (w2i) is the free to play version of Perfect World
    Perfect World (World 2) is the chinese pay2play version

It's my understanding that World 2 is the original PW, (i.e. PW version 1). It contains housing and other things that we will never see here. But they also don't have the extra classes that we do. (at least I'm pretty sure on this. It looks like they're getting Tideborns though. As previously stated, that version is rather ignored. I wasn't even aware it still existed.)

Perfect World II, the F2P Chinese version is PW Version 2. It's where our stuff comes from.

PWI, is version 2.5 or version 3. (I forget how they classify us)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's my understanding that World 2 is the original PW, (i.e. PW version 1). It contains housing and other things that we will never see here. But they also don't have the extra classes that we do. (at least I'm pretty sure on this. It looks like they're getting Tideborns though. As previously stated, that version is rather ignored. I wasn't even aware it still existed.)

Perfect World II, the F2P Chinese version is PW Version 2. It's where our stuff comes from.

PWI, is version 2.5 or version 3. (I forget how they classify us)

PWI is still version 2, it's just translated.
    Any free to play pw is pw2 in another language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hope the Zombie class comes out soon b:victory
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Exactly. They're not representations of the user. If they were, they'd be gender locked to your account and they'd all be human.

They're representations of their own. Separate identity than their user(whether the user role plays the aspect or not), as in a different characterization, hence "character".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_character

The page even links to the Avatar page to contrast the different meanings... T_T

Just because it can be called a character doesn't mean it is not also an avatar. Your argument is like saying a Lemonhead can not be sweet because it is sour.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:nosebleedb:nosebleedOMG OMG OMG gimme them aerogear nao !!!
    also,why do the elf and tb aros seem to mirror each other?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erychea - Dreamweaver
    Erychea - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just because it can be called a character doesn't mean it is not also an avatar. Your argument is like saying a Lemonhead can not be sweet because it is sour.
    Good point. b:surrender I surrender!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why do the chinese avatars always look like jack skellington?
    cause anorexics are hot stuff in china
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    asian forums frighten me Oo b:shocked
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Rougweee - Dreamweaver
    Rougweee - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so in conclusion will these new classes/flyers be for our version or pwi or only the chinese version this thread is confusingb:sad
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My god, people are so slow...I said that this was for Perfect World I. We play Perfect World II. Come on people.. we have to have 2 other people say it after me and people still don't understand, its not OUR expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol? wtf is the point in updating the p2p version now of all times? infact why does it even still exist.

the fact that they are updating it NOW seems to indicate they want to fall back on something incase the f2p version fails and dies LOL.
  • LittlePony - Dreamweaver
    LittlePony - Dreamweaver Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ooh! Cant wait to ride this dolphin. Hope expansion coming after next maintenance b:dirty
    Frankie we need to talk with CH! Our barbs want to be that cute too b:thanks
    The trouble with real life is that there is no danger music.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol? wtf is the point in updating the p2p version now of all times? infact why does it even still exist.

the fact that they are updating it NOW seems to indicate they want to fall back on something incase the f2p version fails and dies LOL.

It's still popular in China, from what I can tell, no where near as populated as PWCN though.

I managed to get into the p2p version's free trial and from what I can tell, it's actually much better than our f2p version.
    All cs items are sold by npcs (npcs sell a lot more stuff in general, like molds for crafting regular items, mats for items, etc) , the tb starting area is laid out differently and has different quests (the tb starting town dragonfang or w/e its called doesn't exist). Also, the psy I had made has some skills w/ new animations we don't have here. All skills for the tb seem to have different icons.

I should make a post on just how different the p2p version is... It's very nice tbh, and I would rather have that than our pos f2p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • detoed
    detoed Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I managed to get into the p2p version's free trial and from what I can tell, it's actually much better than our f2p version.
    All cs items are sold by npcs (npcs sell a lot more stuff in general, like molds for crafting regular items, mats for items, etc) , the tb starting area is laid out differently and has different quests (the tb starting town dragonfang or w/e its called doesn't exist). Also, the psy I had made has some skills w/ new animations we don't have here. All skills for the tb seem to have different icons.

I should make a post on just how different the p2p version is... It's very nice tbh, and I would rather have that than our pos f2p.
    Are you dreaming or what? There is only f2p version. What you sayin looks like not official server. Link \ Videos \ Images about p2p or it didnt happen b:bye
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    detoed wrote: »
    There is only f2p version.

you just failed class :o
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Are you dreaming or what? There is only f2p version
    Idiot. b:bye
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i think you're right

Perfect World II (w2i) is the free to play version of Perfect World
    Perfect World (World 2) is the chinese pay2play version

If you are correct in thinking w2i = f2p and world2 = p2p, then I think both versions are getting an expansion.
    i guess the expansion is anounced for World 2 and not for w2i

The first link is the world2 post about an update, while the second is from the f2p site.

If our version isn't getting an expansion, it is at least getting something new.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Are you dreaming or what? There is only f2p version. What you sayin looks like not official server. Link \ Videos \ Images about p2p or it didnt happen b:bye

PW CN

P2P PW

I took plenty of pics. I can post them later if you still don't believe me.

EDIT:

Actually, I did upload them somewhere.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3175738/1/mfw%20p2p%20pw?h=8ccad1

These were originally posted for a friend.
    As for the titles and char name... I uh... I got "creative".
    I did make another char with the name Bubbles though.

EDIT 2:

If I have time later, maybe I'll make a informational post about the p2p server.
    No, I won't be posting about how to play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It doesnt matter how many versions of the game there are. The devs dont listen to the players. The game is fun for a short time then gets real boring real fast. Why they keep loading up on beginning content is beyond me. There are plenty of characters to choose from, its the end of the game that needs help.
    Forget about more new characters, there are plenty, too many in fact. When you have several characters in game that have the same purpose you have too many. When you have characters that take the purpose away from another character youve got bad developers. Instead of adding characters this game would be better served by ending a race or two and returning the purposes of the original races to what they were. It is obvious the developers cant add classes and maintain the usefulness of characters already in place.
    Then they go and add content on the front end in hopes that the whole player base is stupid enough to keep running back to start another toon. For many of us there are certain classes we like to play and the rest are useless. And yet all the game offers is the same endgame content while expanding beginning content. Even players that will create multiple toons will only do it so many times before they cant stand going back again. We see that now with power leveled earthguards that were started 2 days ago and lvl 100 today. And its amazing the amount of new players that did it this time without even playing the game fully once.
    Forget adding new characters and adding to the beginning that is mostly being passed up anyway and add to the end. The players that are going to pay for stuff are at the end already. If you want to keep getting their money give them something to do.
    There are several very nice looking games coming out at the start of the new year. Im already planning on leaving for tries at least two of them. If you dont start adding content to the end of the game to maintain the interest of everyone else youre going to have a lot of people leaving for games with new entry content and regular endgame updates.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    long block post

The devs probably added in all those races because that requires the least amount of effort when it comes to making expansions.
    Sure, they made new skills, new lands, new quests, but all of that was designed for levels 1-19.
    Everything beyond that was clearly not very well thought out, or sins and psys would have been rebalanced again by now.
    The EG were a bit more well thought out and balanced, but it's pretty much moot when you still have an unbalanced race.
    (There is also the fact that the original devs who made the game planned on having more than 3 races at launch, but ran out of time for it, and the current devs maybe wanted to fill those gaps in)

If you want a more cynical explanation... the devs have no idea of how the game works and all they can do is add things in and make it look pretty.
    End game content, what end game content?

Either way, if the next expansion follows what the previous two expansions did, the game will see a temporary boost in activity, and will then effectively die off after the luster of said expansion wears off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Good explanation Bubbles, but it doesnt matter in my case.

Ive spent alot of money in this game, which was stupid admittedly, before I realized that once you hit 100 your forgotten by the devs. PW is only interested in new players in hopes theyll be as dumb as I was and spend money early before learning that endgame is a waste. Sure you can join a TW faction and hope you get enough fights to carry over 2 nights, other that you can do the same few things over and over and over or just hang out and chat for a while and log off.

Anyway new games with new gaming systems are coming soon from other developers. Ill give them a go with my new found knowlege from PWI, (dont invest a bunch of money until you judge endgame).

I would have loved to stay here and continue investing in a good gaming experience but that ends at lvl 99. After that you have to be a freak for monotony to keep playing this game.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    When you have several characters in game that have the same purpose you have too many.

I disagree with this completely. Personally I find it great when a game has more than one way to go about performing the same role. It allows players the freedom to play whichever class suits their playstyle best. Having that kind of freedom also allows you to change things up, which helps break the monotony that inevitably comes with endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Good explanation Bubbles, but it doesnt matter in my case.

Ive spent alot of money in this game, which was stupid admittedly, before I realized that once you hit 100 your forgotten by the devs. PW is only interested in new players in hopes theyll be as dumb as I was and spend money early before learning that endgame is a waste. Sure you can join a TW faction and hope you get enough fights to carry over 2 nights, other that you can do the same few things over and over and over or just hang out and chat for a while and log off.

Anyway new games with new gaming systems are coming soon from other developers. Ill give them a go with my new found knowlege from PWI, (dont invest a bunch of money until you judge endgame).

I would have loved to stay here and continue investing in a good gaming experience but that ends at lvl 99. After that you have to be a freak for monotony to keep playing this game.

Unfortunately, what you are describing happens with almost all f2p mmos; they start off strong, sometimes really strong, and then they proceed to die off.
    This process happens quicker if the developers are Asian (not to put on any specific hate on them but that's just a general observation).

The only reason why this game lasted as long as it did is that the original devs had good insight for this game. Their original plan for this game involved more big cities like Arch and other things that are just hidden in the game code... (Say the original guild bases, which are very pretty btw)

If you really want to see a good future for whats left of this game, let's just say it will involve flying with the angel wings of an emu.
    Google the bolded words if you so desire.
    I disagree with this completely. Personally I find it great when a game has more than one way to go about performing the same role. It allows players the freedom to play whichever class suits their playstyle best. Having that kind of freedom also allows you to change things up, which helps break the monotony that inevitably comes with endgame.

It may seem fun to you when you make new chars and explore new paths, but once you reach a certain point with them, you can't help but notice it's still the same game, with the same bugs, and lack of new, interesting content that doesn't involve the char creation screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Youre probably right Bubbles. A couple of the games coming out at the first of the year seem to have good systems. One Ive been looking at even changes encounters youve already had depending on how you approach them. But even that doesnt matter to me that much, Im just looking for change with a game that at least seems to be looking toward innovation. Here its just the same thing over and over. Big update, new race, new starting quest, same old **** endgame.

Ive even started thinking of p2p games where at least they add to the end to keep you interested in the game. Hell even the monthly charge there will be less than what I used to spend in a couple of days here, back when there was something to look forward to.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Youre probably right Bubbles. A couple of the games coming out at the first of the year seem to have good systems. One Ive been looking at even changes encounters youve already had depending on how you approach them. But even that doesnt matter to me that much, Im just looking for change with a game that at least seems to be looking toward innovation. Here its just the same thing over and over. Big update, new race, new starting quest, same old **** endgame.

Ive even started thinking of p2p games where at least they add to the end to keep you interested in the game. Hell even the monthly charge there will be less than what I used to spend in a couple of days here, back when there was something to look forward to.

If you want to go p2p, enjoy it now.
    There is on going trend of p2p games turning f2p, and p2p games having shops with many microtransactions.
    p2p isn't exactly dying off, it's changing, and it may resemble f2p games in the future.

For now, my current hopes are for a certain rpg being released in November, and a certain b2p mmo for next year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It may seem fun to you when you make new chars and explore new paths, but once you reach a certain point with them, you can't help but notice it's still the same game, with the same bugs, and lack of new, interesting content that doesn't involve the char creation screen.

Actually, I generally find leveling them to be rather tedious (outside of the different starting areas). What I like is that if I'm committed to my guild to fill, say, a healer slot, I have the option to bring more than one character to fill that role. Granted, I am not doing anything *endgame* in PWI yet, but I know that in every other game I've played (FFXI, WoW, FW to name a couple) this has held true for me. I can only heal the same dungeon/event in the same way so many times before I either flip out and demand to get to go as something else, or just stop logging on due to it feeling more like a job than a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Options

If the quest were all single player quest I'd agree with you. And I dont even mind that there are mobs that are better tanked by one class than by another, that just adds to the enjoyment of the game. But when it gets to a point ingame where one class doesnt need any of the other classes or one class really isnt needed anymore at all, the game is basically broken.

I like playing tanking class toons and in the early game it was fun here. But in later levels Barbs are really only needed to pull catas in TW. You have an OP class like Sins that dont need any other class for anything endgame, unless you count having other players show up to open an instance then leave so the Sin can solo it. Really if someone were smart they could eliminate Barbs from the cata job in TW too, but I wont even get started on that lol.

Games are fun when there are a fixed number of playable characters with fixed abilities. Then if you want to try a different aspect of the game the approach is completely different from the last toon you played. PW is adding so many new class that they are beginning to overlap and take away from each other. You have what should be DD classes taking over tanking roles and older classes that were solely tanks being pushed aside. If thats what people like then thats fine by me, I just wont stick around for it myself and judging from the grumbling I hear lots more wont either. As in my case they are just hanging around for a few new opportunities to open up. Come January dont be suprised if the server populations drop drastically.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Actually, I generally find leveling them to be rather tedious (outside of the different starting areas). What I like is that if I'm committed to my guild to fill, say, a healer slot, I have the option to bring more than one character to fill that role. Granted, I am not doing anything *endgame* in PWI yet, but I know that in every other game I've played (FFXI, WoW, FW to name a couple) this has held true for me. I can only heal the same dungeon/event in the same way so many times before I either flip out and demand to get to go as something else, or just stop logging on due to it feeling more like a job than a game.

If you want to have a bunch of lowbie alts, go ahead.
    I did that with this game, and I regret it.
    I find that if you keep starting over and making more alts, all you're doing is preventing yourself from progressing further into the high level depths of this game (though tbh there is nothing to look forward to now), and just you're limiting yourself to the same **** over and over again, even more so than usual.

I made a bm when ob started. I got bored though, I made a cleric. I got bored again and made a veno. By that time, I deleted the bm and cleric. I then made a la wizard... But then I got bored and made a la cleric and finally got somewhere with her... But by that time, it was already the TB expansion. The cycle keeps repeating itself...

Point is, yeah, the game is repetitive. Mmos are repetitive. That's the point; do the same **** over and over until you get bored, find something else to do, and then return to said pattern.
    But you can't compare this to a job... This isn't paying you; this is entertainment, and this game tries to give you the same crappy entertainment in different forms.
    The people who run this game... the people who overlook it, all they are concerned about is your ability to pay for said entertainment. They'll keep **** you over and over until you finally give up, and the game can no longer be milked for profit.

Truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you want to have a bunch of lowbie alts, go ahead.
    I did that with this game, and I regret it.
    I find that if you keep starting over and making more alts, all you're doing is preventing yourself from progressing further into the high level depths of this game (though tbh there is nothing to look forward to now), and just you're limiting yourself to the same **** over and over again, even more so than usual.

I made a bm when ob started. I got bored though, I made a cleric. I got bored again and made a veno. By that time, I deleted the bm and cleric. I then made a la wizard... But then I got bored and made a la cleric and finally got somewhere with her... But by that time, it was already the TB expansion. The cycle keeps repeating itself...

Point is, yeah, the game is repetitive. Mmos are repetitive. That's the point; do the same **** over and over until you get bored, find something else to do, and then return to said pattern.
    But you can't compare this to a job... This isn't paying you; this is entertainment, and this game tries to give you the same crappy entertainment in different forms.
    The people who run this game... the people who overlook it, all they are concerned about is your ability to pay for said entertainment. They'll keep **** you over and over until you finally give up, and the game can no longer be milked for profit.

Truth.

Absolute Truth