An open honest letter to Frankie

SkogDyr - Lost City
SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Dear Frankie,
I don’t know if you will read this open letter or if it will get sent to a cyber-grave.
Many of us are confused as to your latest emergency update.
Was the update related to prices or crashes? On the surface, it seems that the marketing department has, once again, caused the game dynamics to be rewritten.

In my opinion, I am not sad to see the +11, +12 orbs gone from CS. They should have never been in there at all. But, the damage is done isn’t it.

I think the player base would have more respect if you had stated that due to game dynamics, the orbs would be removed. Everyone who has played here knows that emergency maintenance seems to only happen due to revenue issues.

All we are asking if for a little respect. Please respect our loyalty, integrity and most of all, our intelligence.

If it is your boss that is demanding you to throw in a seemingly implausible explanation to the player base, then shame on that person. You need to remember that this also reflects on you and the entire PWI team. When I first started, the PWI in-game team was well respect and lauded when a message landed in world-chat or a forum post. Now, a GM post on forum or in world-chat is met with ridicule and skepticism.

I know there are things in game that cannot be fixed by your team in California. Those major issues need to be taken care of by China. Most of us realize this. What your team can do is stop with the economic ragnarok that we are heading towards. With high gold prices, easy to buy power, and lack of general farming, the Perfect World financial system looks more like that of Zimbabwe and not of a perfect world.

What I would like to see is a live chat with the team who can change the in game economics. They need to hear our concerns. Tickets won’t cut it, this needs to be a live conversation. It would also be nice to talk to the devs in China as well.

I would like to invite you to take a moment and respond to this open letter in the forum, and note that your reply will greatly influence player forum and in game response.

Thank you,
Skog
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by SkogDyr - Lost City on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Communication with the PWE execs and with the devs has been a long-running and, as of yet, unresolved issue. The good news is, between this and the SP fiasco, it's an issue that's coming into the forefront of everyones' minds and should merit a good debate if anyone's proactive enough to organize the community around it.

So far the best attempt has been by SylenThunder in this thread, resulting in a small letter-writing campaign in response to the SP issue. IMO the same thing needs to happen here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to bump this every hour to make sure Frankie gets to see it...
    (or a mod could temp sticky it til he does... b:beg

Thanks Miugre, I looked at that thread. I just wanted to give Frankie a chance to reply before I started hounding the uppers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would like to know how a CS item caused client instability.

Bump...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    very nicely put SkogDyr, i hope you get a fair response.

& i don't think you'll have to bump it, at least not for the first day.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What's the point of being nice when the people who run the game think you are stupid and feed you ridiculous lies?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You lost them at "honest".
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    well said. I agree with everythingb:cute
    edited September 2011
    I would like to know how a CS item caused client instability.

Bump...........

This.

Also would like to report a bug.

Yesterday, I got out of TT and was ported to Town of Arrivals. Upon repairing, the moment after I did it, the client just closes and exits, in a flash.

It just happened again about 5 minutes ago of this post. If this was the problem and reason for the orbs being remove, its still here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What's the point of being nice when the people who run the game think you are stupid and feed you ridiculous lies?

every time i make a marginal post it immediately gets trolled & goes to Lower Depths, others just get banned.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    indeed... just be honest with us

if you would just come out and say that you removed the orbs because you realized that it messes around to much with endgame stuff, and/or because you think you can charge more for it, then fine

people may not like it, but i think most would understand

however, the excuse you gave us seems so incredulous, we cant help but think you are lying to us
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the great feedback everyone...

Now... I only hope that Frankie will take the time to issue a reply in his own words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    real reason is they weren't aloud to do the sale in the first place the devs over in china found out and made them take them off
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    If that was the case then Frankie could come out and say that. He said the same thing back in the DQ=Medal fiasco, so it wouldn't cause as much an uproar as not telling us the truth. As for being allowed to decide CS sales, I wonder how much control PWCH has over PWI...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If that was the case then Frankie could come out and say that. He said the same thing back in the DQ=Medal fiasco, so it wouldn't cause as much an uproar as not telling us the truth. As for being allowed to decide CS sales, I wonder how much control PWCH has over PWI...

I believe with the Medal fiasco it took a massive amount of complaining and rioting to get a response b:chuckle

Actually historically on these forums causing as much trouble as possible gets better responses than a strategy of polite open letters. It's way to easy for them to totally ignore these as they are doing now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...I would like to add my two cents worth to this, from memories of past statements made by Frankie

There have been problems in the past where you, and other GMs have stated definitively that PWE is completely a free entity from China,

That you guys can add or take out of the game whatever you please, without asking 'Mother may I' from China, because PWE is a company that stands on its own.

That PWE runs its games buy buying the basic game from China, and adapts it to the American players tastes. That it doesnt have to ask China about doing this or that...that PWE OWNS the game that we are playing because it has been bought and paid for.

So what gives with the weeks of our putting up with the b:fatb regarding the PKs needing to have SP all to themselves as their little PK heaven, and no thought given to moving them to the Arenas, which were made SPECIFICALLY for PK?

Is this going to be a repeat of our little chat, out on the sands near Wicked Pirate, way back when players had to stand in line to get to that mob, and idiot gankers were pulling the boss out there onto the players, killing them all. You just stood there, in you GM gear, and watched the mayhem, and ***didnt do a damn thing to stop it!**** I was up in the air, watching it all, and came down to ask WHY you, a representative of the company, and someone who could have stopped it all. And you looked at me, laughed, and said 'Because its funny to watch noobs die.' I and several other players begged you to take control of the problem and you refused to do anything.

Its been about 3 years since that....and people still dont like how you ignore us, the people who pay to play this expensive game. Please sit up and smell the coffee...people have permanently left who have been on the game longer than I have, who would have been ones to spend the most on the game. Ignoring us is not good for your company, and personally, I dont know how you've held onto your position this long, treating us in so cavalier a manner. Please walk over to the desks of the deves, and tell them its time to open the Arenas... shouldn't take that long. And you will then have players cheering for you!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...I would like to add my two cents worth to this, from memories of past statements made by Frankie

There have been problems in the past where you, and other GMs have stated definitively that PWE is completely a free entity from China,

That you guys can add or take out of the game whatever you please, without asking 'Mother may I' from China, because PWE is a company that stands on its own.

That PWE runs its games buy buying the basic game from China, and adapts it to the American players tastes. That it doesnt have to ask China about doing this or that...that PWE OWNS the game that we are playing because it has been bought and paid for.

So what gives with the weeks of our putting up with the b:fatb regarding the PKs needing to have SP all to themselves as their little PK heaven, and no thought given to moving them to the Arenas, which were made SPECIFICALLY for PK?

Is this going to be a repeat of our little chat, out on the sands near Wicked Pirate, way back when players had to stand in line to get to that mob, and idiot gankers were pulling the boss out there onto the players, killing them all. You just stood there, in you GM gear, and watched the mayhem, and ***didnt do a damn thing to stop it!**** I was up in the air, watching it all, and came down to ask WHY you, a representative of the company, and someone who could have stopped it all. And you looked at me, laughed, and said 'Because its funny to watch noobs die.' I and several other players begged you to take control of the problem and you refused to do anything.

Its been about 3 years since that....and people still dont like how you ignore us, the people who pay to play this expensive game. Please sit up and smell the coffee...people have permanently left who have been on the game longer than I have, who would have been ones to spend the most on the game. Ignoring us is not good for your company, and personally, I dont know how you've held onto your position this long, treating us in so cavalier a manner. Please walk over to the desks of the deves, and tell them its time to open the Arenas... shouldn't take that long. And you will then have players cheering for you!

Dear Frankie,
    I don

nope pwi has to listen to China the almost have little to no say in what happens in pwi
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't believe your letter is aggressively worded enough. It may or may not get a response from Frankie, but I'm willing to bet even if it does; it will be a 1 liner full of b.s. you don't want to hear anyways.

I don't know what it is going to take for them to start respecting this community enough to tell us the truth. Whatever the reason is. We are all smart enough to know that the ONLY time there has ever been "emergency" maintenance is regarding the cash shop. Looking back on 3 years nearly of game play, I can't remember a single time it was ever non cash shop related.

Furthermore; it is getting tiring of responses being either off subject when he posts a reply or a half answer that really tells us nothing of what we wanted to know. In short; he's WASTING HIS TIME putting any answer if its not going to be a whole and complete answer worth the time it took for him to write it.

It seems even more clear to me that while Frankie may put in a lot of hours, and he might actually do stuff in the office we do not see; that he has forgotten who really matters here. If no cash shoppers existed, his job would cease to exist. It seems to me that the company has forgotten that the customer is truly the backbone of any company. While there will always be some who complain about trivial things, when you have a mass majority of ppl complaining one would think it would be time for them to stand up and recognize.
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i Would Like To Know How A Cs Item Caused Client Instability.

Bump...........

+1.
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I wanted to put my letter in a polite and respectful tone. I had hoped that Frankie would take a moment to reply and answer for this current state of affairs.

With his silence, I am going to elevate my course of action.

Because Frankie cannot (or will not) comment, I would hope that others up the chain of command will reply.

Funny thing about respect... it isn't given, it is earned. No 2X will increase respect if you already have none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hold up, post got cut off.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Win.
    Packs World International
    edited September 2011
    Nvm....

*waits*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • LiquidAcid - Lost City
    LiquidAcid - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I wanted to put my letter in a polite and respectful tone. I had hoped that Frankie would take a moment to reply and answer for this current state of affairs.

With his silence, I am going to elevate my course of action.

Because Frankie cannot (or will not) comment, I would hope that others up the chain of command will reply.

Funny thing about respect... it isn't given, it is earned. No 2X will increase respect if you already have none.

I'm sure frankie and the rest of the GM's have read this letter you put up and probably sitting at the office laughing at the fact that we think they will actually do something or care to do something. All they care about is putting up items in boutique to meet their monthly quotes to get paid. I'm pretty sure they were lacking the quote for this month and put the orbs only till they reached it then removed it with giving that lame reason for what they removed it. That's why corporate america sucks, it's all about the money but once the player base is gone I wonder what they will do, probably just merge to another game company and do it all over again.
  • LiquidAcid - Lost City
    LiquidAcid - Lost City Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hold up, post got cut off.

See what I mean, they're just laughing at us.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    See what I mean, they're just laughing at us.

Or it's just hard to remember a long and well thought out post after it's been cut off by the forums. I've done it before and it's a pain.

Least give him the chance to redo the post before you comment like that.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I agree... it is frustrating when your post gets cut off.
    I started using Word and pasting it in the text box, just in case lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashuraback
    ashuraback Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You guys are funny. It's not like they PW was out to get you personally. I'm just gonna log into the game and play.
    edited September 2011
    b:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sorry about the wait, my post got cut off and I immediately got pulled into a meeting. But getting back to the OP:

I think the player base would have more respect if you had stated that due to game dynamics, the orbs would be removed. Everyone who has played here knows that emergency maintenance seems to only happen due to revenue issues.

There were no revenue issues - the sale itself was doing fine. The directive to remove them came from China, as they had located a possible client-side issue with selling the Mirage and Flame in the Boutique. We were directed to pull them from the shop immediately, which is why we had to have the emergency maintenance.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sorry about the wait, my post got cut off and I immediately got pulled into a meeting. But getting back to the OP:

There were no revenue issues - the sale itself was doing fine. The directive to remove them came from China, as they had located a possible client-side issue with selling the Mirage and Flame in the Boutique. We were directed to pull them from the shop immediately, which is why we had to have the emergency maintenance.

I lol'd