• Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:chuckleb:byeb:chuckle
    i for one will be quitting once end of nations comes out
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okay, so I have started an outline of things that would improve our gaming experience.

So far, I have:

1, In-game economics
    2, class equalization
    3, skill updates
    4, graphic updates
    5, game content (refresh caves and public quests for all levels)
    6, In-game moderation and support
    7, Convert FCC from an EXP cave into a farming or challenge cave

As for my first topic, In-game economics...
    The points I have so far is:
    DQ value needs to return to pre-point levels to promote farming
    Drop rates in HH(TT) need to be re-evaluated
    CS sales should never include items that give more power ie. refines, runes, weps or gears, instead make a way to farm orbs... (one suggestion is jewelcraftsman combine. 1* orb could = 500 perfect stone)
    No farmable items in CS
    Pack sales limited to 1 pack type/7 day sale/1 week a month Note: One state congressman from Alabama issued a report on gambling and online games (spc. role playing games). This is worth noting as some states make games of chance against state law. If a problem arises, packs may have to be restricted to location or made as a reward.

Please let me know your thoughts and changes. I'll move on to topic 2 this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okay, so I have started an outline of things that would improve our gaming experience.

So far, I have:

1, In-game economics
    2, class equalization
    3, skill updates
    4, graphic updates
    5, game content (refresh caves and public quests for all levels)
    6, In-game moderation and support
    7, Convert FCC from an EXP cave into a farming or challenge cave

As for my first topic, In-game economics...
    The points I have so far is:
    DQ value needs to return to pre-point levels to promote farming
    Drop rates in HH(TT) need to be re-evaluated
    CS sales should never include items that give more power ie. refines, runes, weps or gears, instead make a way to farm orbs... (one suggestion is jewelcraftsman combine. 1* orb could = 500 perfect stone)
    No farmable items in CS
    Pack sales limited to 1 pack type/7 day sale/1 week a month Note: One state congressman from Alabama issued a report on gambling and online games (spc. role playing games). This is worth noting as some states make games of chance against state law. If a problem arises, packs may have to be restricted to location or made as a reward.

Please let me know your thoughts and changes. I'll move on to topic 2 this week.
    @7: a farming instance, challenging is just got to be another XP-hording group all over again.

basically, we want FC reverted to the instance it USED to be.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    @7: a farming instance, challenging is just got to be another XP-hording group all over again.

basically, we want FC reverted to the instance it USED to be.

no not another farming instance, keep it as it is, but make it so that hypers can no longer be used in there. fcc whitout hypr still gives nice exp but it wont be so extreme as it is now.

and make a new challenge instance instead.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i Say We Should Wreak A Little Havoc.. B:thanksb:laugh Liiiike Maybe We All Raid The Chinese Forums And Spam Em To High Heaven And Spam Whatever Customer Service/complaint Options They Have. Also! Maybe We Could Get Several Servers Together And Have Day Where We Dont Log In At All, Or Purchase Any Zen At All That Day. Show Them How Much They Can Lose If They Continue To Eff Up The Game. They Make A Lot Of Money Off Of Us And Should Have Some Respect For The People Putting Food On Their Tables.

Lets Do Ettttttttttttt
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you guys asking for FC revert are a bit ignorant.
    Sure, I leveled my first char to 100 the questing/Zhen-ing way. Do I want to do that again? ** NO!
    Do I want to enjoy other classes endgame? Hell yeah!

Revert FC to "old ways " ... Are you effin kidding me? 99.99% of the server population/chars wasn't here when FC was the "old way". Now after you so fine leveled to endgame you ask to revert it, so other nubs can't raise chars for farming/pvp. No, let the FC be how it is. Want a challenge? copy/paste the instance and make it the "old way".
    Complain about glitch? go glitch it. No one gives a whalecrap about it. Everyone glitches it. Most of the ppl here don't even know what it takes to glitch it and how to do it properly to get xp. Go try it with your lvl 30 rep reward gear and +2 calamity axes, see how far you get.
    I hate Mondays, but damn I hate misinformed hypocrits...
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    But it was easy to lvl to 100 without FCC. Cube daily, buy Delta order, go Delta. It really doesn't take that long doing it. Granted it's faster going FCC route. But, managing to get a lvl a week at lvl 95+ is pretty decent.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    was pretty decent for 2009. Was fun, but took helluva lot of time.

It's not "decent" anymore.

FC you can do it if you have 1 hour free. Delta? are you joking? You need 3 hours for a eye one , good squad, perfect composition if possible... Do you even stop to think there are ppl with lvl 100 gear and r8 wep that fail wave 3 delta? you wanna try and level the old ways now when skill is so low it actually hurts to watch?
    I know it would be nice, but really...does it make any sense beside boosting your e-peen with the fact that the population at endgame will be as rare as oxigen at 30k feet? Who do you think will spend months and months of 10hrs/day ingame just to level an alt?
    Really, FC in the current form is a good thing. Brings revenue to PWI (charms/hypers) and fast exp to players. Once those players reach endgame - and the faster they do - most of them will charge some gold for refines, mounts, fashion, etc etc. They will farm instances, they will buy charms, they will open packs so on and so forth.
    Why fix something that works fine for both parties?
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    was pretty decent for 2009. Was fun, but took helluva lot of time.

It's not "decent" anymore.

FC you can do it if you have 1 hour free. Delta? are you joking? You need 3 hours for a eye one , good squad, perfect composition if possible... Do you even stop to think there are ppl with lvl 100 gear and r8 wep that fail wave 3 delta? you wanna try and level the old ways now when skill is so low it actually hurts to watch?
    I know it would be nice, but really...does it make any sense beside boosting your e-peen with the fact that the population at endgame will be as rare as oxigen at 30k feet? Who do you think will spend months and months of 10hrs/day ingame just to level an alt?
    Really, FC in the current form is a good thing. Brings revenue to PWI (charms/hypers) and fast exp to players. Once those players reach endgame - and the faster they do - most of them will charge some gold for refines, mounts, fashion, etc etc. They will farm instances, they will buy charms, they will open packs so on and so forth.
    Why fix something that works fine for both parties?

If they are failing at wave 3, it's because they aren't required to know how to play to get that level. Which reverting would force them to do. Not sure how anyone is going to say that's a bad thing.

And what months and months? It took a week because I didn't bother doing Delta every day. Cube was done daily, and with the xp boost it got was great for casual leveling. Didn't even require grinding. I'd just wait for some people to pop up on friends list, or swing by Delta start area to see if one was going when I had time. Most of the ones I'd go on were ones I had also done Gamma with. When people did good you'd friends list them and be the first ones looked for when going on a group. Though Wizzeled did take the fun out of the couple Gammas I was on with him. Way too much CS.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    it took u a week to get where? to 100? from where? 99 and 50%?
    Dunno what you were smoking at that time, but sry dude, 1 mil xp from cube and another 1mil from BH/CS won't get you far..

lemme look at wiki:

90 11,688,300
    91 13,394,199
    92 14,933,072
    93 16,613,613
    94 18,447,312
    95 20,448,750
    96 22,631,232
    97 25,006,212
    98 27,596,408
    99 30,412,503

so in total... about what, 173 mil xp? lets say u make dailies + 2 deltas at least. A complete run gives 2.191,959 exp and 438,392 SP.
    so...about 6 mil xp/day, if u spend like what...7-9h in game at minimum. 170/6 roughly 30 days, just for 90 to 100. And this considering you have 2 perfect Delta runs/day, without any failures, for 1 month. Are you for real?
    Then there is the 85-90 part, the most difficult ingame, because you're not delta worthy and you're out of gamma range. Grinding fishes for days and days to end.

I don't know what you were smoking or how drunk you were back then when you lvled the "old way", but it was NEVER easy to hit 100 unless you worked your *** out and spend 10-12h/day ingame.
    I know, I leveled my wizard that way. Gammas for weeks, then grind at fishes, then Deltas when available. with 3-4h/day game average took me about 7 months to hit 100.
    Sory dude, that's bad business for PWI and not fun for players. Wanna increase skill lvl? Is that your problem that xXx_Ihasawesomename_xXx can't tank Phlebo in full r8 gear? who cares, let him die, you do it. Black list him, never run with him again.
    You can't force skill on ppl, unless you're some kind of skill ****.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    no not another farming instance, keep it as it is, but make it so that hypers can no longer be used in there. fcc whitout hypr still gives nice exp but it wont be so extreme as it is now.

and make a new challenge instance instead.

**** getting exp from it if we get trophy mode when they switch it, I want my l33t robe
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    aye caramba, who put that ingame??
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    aye caramba, who put that ingame??
    China? (nuff said?)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    O.o That cape....aren't you glad the lvl cap is 105 right now?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why not have an exp mode or farming mode for FF? Problem solved...

I can't deny that I too used FF to level even on my very first toon wayy back in later 2008/early 2009 when all we had were exp scrolls. It's a useful instance and was faster than standing in BB for an hour during zhens or grinding on fishes/butterflies lol.

But you have to remember the game is from China, they tend to hold onto games far longer than Americans do. A lot of them do not mind grinding for hours and hours to get miniscule exp. To them it's part of the experience I guess. Or so I've heard, I've never talked to one of them myself. They just have a different gaming culture there, if you will.

I just wish there were more a balance between these extreme versions. On one hand you have the old way PW was before FF was an exp instance, and the other as it is now, and hypers are available within FF, power leveling, etc etc. Both are too extreme in my opinion. No one can deny there seems to be less and less players who know what the hell they're doing even though they're 90+. I could tell you personal stories, but I shouldn't need to since nearly everyone has experienced this at some time or another with some player who should've known what they were doing for their current level but didn't.

Also it seems like majority of "new" toons are just alts of old time players. I myself have an alt of quite a few of the classes now except only a few.

If I were new to this game right now and made a toon, I would probably quit early on because there's virtually no new blood in the game anymore. Every time I start a new toon these days the starting areas are nearly empty. People aren't obligated to grind or quest anymore like they used to be. Old players with alts will simply plvl which is understandable if you've done the same quests over and over already. But new players will have no one else to meet during early levels. If you're completely new, who's to say you'd know what Head Hunter is? I've run into some newbies who had no idea it existed. I don't think it even shows up in the quest finder.

What I'm trying to say is the game is still broken the way it is now. There's a lot less interaction with other players during early levels as there used to be. And there are a lot of other things too. I don't blame FF alone of course. I'd just like more of a balance is all. Right now it's pretty non-existant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861