[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Options

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I actually can't understand why such a fuss is being made about this sale, as if people were actually surprised it could happen. Every MMO I've ever played has the pattern of: expensive/hard to get
    > cheap/easy to get. It was really just a matter of time.

Every pretty much every new expensive good ever falls under this pattern. VCRs? Computers? Playstation 2? Eventually it'll be cheap enough everyone can do it, and by then they'll have rank 10 and increase the refining levels even more, more than likely. I mean, if they last that long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • PaperGhost - Raging Tide
    PaperGhost - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    people got what they wanted, it's funny how they still complain.

Agreed +1.

Still, I'm glad they changed it back. I for one like doing the lowbie quests, and I think a lot of other people do too.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    SUBTEXT:

The Chinese PvE population complained too much, so they decided to revert it. It's nice that the sentiment of PWI players is the same, because their fate is actually always decided by what the CN players want.

b:pleased

I was going to post this D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:victory I know a lot of people that'll be happy with the change back.

Would have been nice to have the arena though...Well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. =)

btw, I hope you're feeling better, Frankie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm quite surprised to see how fast it went.

Thanks PWE.

To show my appreciation, I'll buy some zen the day the change will be made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)

OMG! Thank you! Thank you all the GMs and MODs that helped out with this terrible situation!

+1 for all the people that gave feedback to them as well!

I love you guys right now!

Love will go further when even more fixing is done as well!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Ansatsushaa - Archosaur
    Ansatsushaa - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    b:sad Ok, I see how it is... b:cry

We thank you too Krisnda b:thanksb:victory
    Rebirthed: Ansatsushaa Sage Psy & OhMonDieu Demon Mystic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the sexy siggy I'm seriously stoked!<3b:thanks
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks alot carebears... PWE, why do you even listen to them they do not even spend a quarter of what us on LC pay....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Wait.. so.. the devs actually listened for once?? OMG the WORLD IS ENDING!!!
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Aw, no more pk fun with no chance of dropping gear.

Back to standing in arch all day for me. b:surrender

I hope you guys decide to put something like that some place else. I really enjoyed playing in SP. It was soooo much fun.
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was going to post this D:

b:dirty
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The CN players hated the change as much as we did, I assume. It's one thing when you get ranted out by foreigners. It's another when you get ranted out in your own language. <_<''
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • jessabomb11
    jessabomb11 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank gawd for that! Thank you pwi for actually listening for once! b:kiss
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The CN players hated the change as much as we did, I assume. It's one thing when you get ranted out by foreigners. It's another when you get ranted out in your own language. <_<''

of course they did. since when did the eastern MMO playerbases EVER care for pvp over pure grinding/questing? the majority of easter MMO players QQs over anything pvp/PK related which is why most eastern MMOs are grind fests.

i was actually surprised when this got implemented in china with no protests from chinese players. but behold, there QQs made it to the devs after all.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    SUBTEXT:

The Chinese PvE population complained too much, so they decided to revert it. It's nice that the sentiment of PWI players is the same, because their fate is actually always decided by what the CN players want.

b:pleased

I am inclined to agree.

However, I still will say thank you on the off chance that what we said actually made a difference. I am pleased that the players' wants were recognized and I only hope now that your "soon" is actually soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:lipcurl I can't say I didn't tell you they would fix it ye of little faith.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nice! I have a mystic I want to level up, and now that I can actually help others with their quests, I'm waiting with fingers crossed that this happens soon. b:pleased

Thanks everybody! b:thanks Sorry for all the things I thought of you! but you deserved at the time. b:chuckle
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You say that like our feedback actually means something.

its funny peopel QQ about stuff then when they change it you still wanna QQ and say it your feedback matters
  • BadNeko - Heavens Tear
    BadNeko - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It was fun while it lasted I guess. Hope the next pk instance isn't as glitchy as this one tho. Getting hit for 7k and dying to it when you have 9k hp is kinda annoying.. b:surrender Also make it possible for players to double jump b:cute
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    did you hear about the "extremely negative feedback" we gave towards rank 9, permanent pack sales, and now the +12 dragon orbs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • cef1000
    cef1000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Making a low level cave like SP a PK zone is the worst idea the devs have had to date.

First of all, though not mandatory for culti, it is mandatory to kill Silver Frost for the Chrono Key (Wraith's Ploy) quest series.

If they want to do something like this, terrible an idea as it is generally, take it to the designated PVP servers and make every area on THAT server PK'able; or at worst take it to Glee which has nothing else going for it anyway.

That cave; though intersting, adds nothing to the game so PVPers who feel compeled feel free to head there. As if TW, the arena and cube rooms isn't MORE enough PVP for the limited interested masses to start with.

I, and about 1/2 or more of the server population don't want anything to do with PVP and not the reason we play and spend our coins like the rest; so feel free to alieanate a lot of the dwindling player population.

Or haven't you noticed the traffic in West Arch lately. b:chuckle

No one will go in there to help anyone lower level if you leave it this way; enjoy yourselves.

Way to follow instead of inovate and lead with real content. b:surrender

Totally appaling decisions making,

Level 101 Cleric
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just want to say thank you to franky, shelly and kritty for all the updates that were givin to us on this current crisis, and also a thank you for listening to all the complaints of players here during this unexpected situation. im sure it was rough the last several days in regards to the pking/flying in SP. hope it wasnt too tiring for you three, and again thank you for correcting this unexpected situation with secret passage. b:laugh b:chuckle

PS, all thts left now is the glitches that need to be fixed

PPS, now i'll finally be able to do my bosses and quests in SP on my toons, not to mention help low lvls with bh29 and bosses. b:thanks
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You say that like our feedback actually means something.
    Dude, are they not changing it back due to negative feedback? They tried something very questionable, got tons of negative feedback, and are admitting it was wrong and are changing it back. What more do you want on this matter?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    did you hear about the "extremely negative feedback" we gave towards rank 9, permanent pack sales, and now the permanent +12 dragon orbs?

Don't worry all those " Soon " will come soon everyone. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PWI removes something fun from the game? What a shock.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PWI removes something fun from the game? What a shock.

Just when I thought PWI was gaining some of it's potential back, PWI community = killjoy. Nuff said. At least replace it with a PvP area instead, this is such **** as there's nothing now.

And the rules will be reverted too I suppose, still bannable in SP.

Another disappointment I see here, the game catering to early game content and heavy cash shopping rather than offer veterans end-game content.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dude, are they not changing it back due to negative feedback? They tried something very questionable, got tons of negative feedback, and are admitting it was wrong and are changing it back. What more do you want on this matter?

When was the last time our negative feedback forced the devs to revert a change to this version of the game? Never.

You can thank the chinese players on the chinese servers that the devs are reverting SP back to its original state. PWI players in now way, shape or form had any impact on the decision. We never have and never will.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Chaerene - Raging Tide
    Chaerene - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you to all those who listened to our concerns. I really love playing this game and my toons. b:thanks
  • Shadane - Heavens Tear
    Shadane - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow thanks for actually listening to people! TY for sticking up for us with the devs, GMs! And no offence (I seriously dont mean offence, but I bet people will take some anyways), but if you're whining about it going back to normal...if you wanna PVP so bad, go create an account on a PVP server.
  • Lucretius - Dreamweaver
    Lucretius - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

When you say extremely negative feedback, is that including the majority of the community of PWI? Or is it in relation to all these annoying whiners on the forums? I'm going to safely assume it's the latter. One may say in support of your statement, there is the reporting system via to the support staff that does take place, but ask yourself, how many of those are simply a rare and isolated incident? Rare and isolated incident blown out of proportion?

Let's consider a hypothetical situation for the sake of argument. Is there the possibility that a large portion of complaints and tickets are sent on the basis of a very few larger incidences? For example, on a happy Saturday afternoon, 10 people decide to take over SP, then a group of another 10 or 20 or however many people dive in for the enjoyment of PK to overrun those initial 10. Let's say they fail. So they go and send in a ticket then whine on the forums, sounds like a natural human reaction to me. Or let's say they gather a total of 50 people to overrun the initial 10 and succeed. However, in the process spectators and newer players become collateral damage. A fraction of the tickets and complaints on the forums can be attributed to collateral damage in the open PK area don't you think?

People can fly to reduce their death rate in SP. People can use the f9 function to spectate from safe zone in SP. People can use the illusion stone to teleport into the fb29 dungeon.

I'm going to make the next statement from pure suspicion and you people can debate it amongst your small community - small relative to the entire PWI community. A suspicion that a large number of individuals with the negative feedback are NOT even part of the PK environment in SP. They are simply looking for reasons to post on the forums, or complain about this and that, or simply for the thrill of the debate. Also, how often do all these people who are providing the negative feedback legitimately go into SP for a reasonable purpose. Tons right? Looking for trouble is really deemed legitimate? The percentage of people entering SP versus the percentage of people providing negative feedback is some absurd ratio, we all know this. Yet, we seek out a solution for the minority. Strange isn't it.

Besides the pricks who just want to kill everyone, there are such a large number of people who use this area to further develop and improve their abilities. The benefits definitely outweigh the costs by a long shot, when applied properly.

Surely my voice is of one and the distance in which it will travel in terms of practice and application is incredibly limited. All I'm asking is for people to use their heads and take a different perspective outside of what is in front of them (forums, tickets, etc.). You are all humans, generally speaking, you have the capability to think. Thinking involves the use of reason and the capacity to take things from an objective standpoint, or to be technical inter-subjective, that isn't so easy for everyone to do, but hey, gotta start somewhere :)