How do you feel about the free-PVP in SP?

Comments

• Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sjslover wrote: »
    You don't learn Salvation till you're level 33, if they're trying to get in for a fb29 you're tip won't help them. Same for any other squishy low class, unless they can get a friend or random mystic to bubble them right before they use the illusion stone.

Cause it's so unlikely there won't be another mystic or cleric in squad with a lowbie like that.. *sigh*
    And... fb29 isn't required for culti. Nothing stops you from doing at 33 ^.~

I still didn't get pked once in there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I still didn't get pked once in there...

And you were on a low lvl character? Care to post a vid or some type of proof?b:shutup
  • Storm_Tide - Harshlands
    Storm_Tide - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have characters on a PVP server because I CHOOSE to play with the uncertainty that you may OR MAY NOT get pk'd. I also have toons on a PVE server for when I just need mindless entertainment. I also like helping newcomers to the game with their quests, but with a 99.9% chance of getting ganked in the process (on a PVE server no less) it's just not that much fun, therefore doesn't happen as often. Way to bolster that whole community spirit PWI.

Your decision to make a lowbie questing area a gank-enabled zone totally sucks. I say again:

1. Make the PVE Servers 100% pure PVE - no PVP at any time.

2. Make the PVP Servers 100% pure PVP - all PVP all the time.

Label the servers so there is no question which is which. People can then choose where they want to play and live with the consequences of their choices. You make more money, because many, if not most, will start out on a PVE server and buy their levels until they get bored and then roll a new toon on a PVP server and spend all that cash all over again.
    What's the point of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people? b:sin
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    And you were on a low lvl character? Care to post a vid or some type of proof?b:shutup

Level 40 seeker in noob armor...And lol you really want a vid as proof? b:chuckle
    Sorry but I'm waaay too lazy to give it that much effort. lol I know my point stands :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Level 40 seeker in noob armor...And lol you really want a vid as proof? b:chuckle
    Sorry but I'm waaay too lazy to give it that much effort. lol I know my point stands :p

Can't just take your word for it sorry. Got pk'd in there 3 times trying to help someone, so excuse me if I don't believe you.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Thats really funny cause for the lack of any proof... I have 33 screen shots of players being jerks killing players who have asked to pass with zero regard by those who find it FUN being 30+ levels higher plowing over the lowbies. So chuckle all you want but ya got nothing to offer here.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Thats really funny cause for the lack of any proof... I have 33 screen shots of players being jerks killing players who have asked to pass with zero regard by those who find it FUN being 30+ levels higher plowing over the lowbies. So chuckle all you want but ya got nothing to offer here.

Well, grats on screenshotting everything. lol I'm not gonna bother getting myself fraps or sth just to prove my point.
    And eh... if someone gets killed 5 times in a row by the same person.. I'd just them report them for harassment.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I'm so sick of this being over dramatized. I went there, saw for myself, and nope, at least on sanc it's not like theres people 24/7 spam killing you. Besides.. you don't lose anthing.. no gear, no exp.. Just don't get this outrage. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Well, grats on screenshotting everything. lol I'm not gonna bother getting myself fraps or sth just to prove my point.
    And eh... if someone gets killed 5 times in a row by the same person.. I'd just them report them for harassment.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I'm so sick of this being over dramatized. I went there, saw for myself, and nope, at least on sanc it's not like theres people 24/7 spam killing you. Besides.. you don't lose anthing.. no gear, no exp.. Just don't get this outrage. lol

You know what they send you in the mail if you get harassed "PK is allowed now, gtf over it, kthxbai oh and don't forget to buy more zen"
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011

Yes most of us spend hours on end playing the game and have time to sit for 8 hours waiting for the children to go eat dinner so we can have the same window YOU had. Not to mention your solution to just report them for harassment... guess you have missed the people complaining because ALL TICKETS REPORTING HARASSMENT ARE GIVEN LINKS TO THIS THREAD. Do I need to put it in larger letters or change the font color? Reading AND comprehension wasnt your strongest I guess. If you got no complaint over this change... thanks we heard your opinion... now move on and stop the QQing you claim we are doing. Cause you have now stated YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS here.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the idea is good, the system is good, hell it sounds exciting and nice.

one thing bad is that they sure picked the wrong spot to implement this. Plain and simple >.>
    what were they smoking?

I voted "support" cause I like the concept but I agree, really wrong spot. I was argueing in my alt's faction this morning in favor of it because I had seen the people in my faction and other tw factions respect the questers' rights to safe passage and focus on just killing each other but my hubby informed me on our way to work that he had seen a sin friend of ours sit in stealth waiting to pick of anyone who crosses th safeline - that's dirty and unfair to ppl who aren't there to pk.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    You know what they send you in the mail if you get harassed "PK is allowed now, gtf over it, kthxbai oh and don't forget to buy more zen"

I wanna see that in a quote from a reply to a ticket. lol Highly doubt it...

And I'm out of here. Too many heated minds, too many trolls having fun, too many twisted truths. This discussion isn't going anywhere b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011

I wanna see that in a quote from a reply to a ticket. lol Highly doubt it...

And I'm out of here. Too many heated minds, too many trolls having fun, too many twisted truths. This discussion isn't going anywhere b:surrender

I got the tickets... come on over and check them out. And by the way... stop TROLLING the complaints and you wont have to worry about heated minds. Try pulling your head out of your bum before you start TROLLING.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    I wasn't trolling. lol I simply said it didn't experience what you're talking about. If logic is trolling to you then I dunno.
    If you fling insults at me, you expect me to reply nicely? Cmon...

Well ty, my reading comprehension is just fine.

And I'm seriously gone this time. Taking part in a flamewar isn't what I enjoy doing in my freetime lol Bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    I wasn't trolling. lol I simply said it didn't experience what you're talking about. If logic is trolling to you then I dunno.
    If you fling insults at me, you expect me to reply nicely? Cmon...

Well ty, my reading comprehension is just fine.

And I'm seriously gone this time. Taking part in a flamewar isn't what I enjoy doing in my freetime lol Bye.

Logic is doubting that anyone else has had issues? Like I said... we are glad you had no problems. OTHERS ARE HAVING ISSUES and have done everything you have thought of plus everything the MODs have mentioned and were given a big F.U. by the company so pardon us if we dont just give you a big warm hug when you come here to claim we have NO reason to be upset.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    #1: PWI screwed up and has monkeys for technicians, therefore don't know how to fix their error...so change the rule due to too many reports of SP PKs

#2: The idea of a PvP zone where important quests are needed to be done is plain stupid. (isn't the arena for PvP? or how about PvP servers? DUH!)

#3: GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS...FIX THIS...MAKE A NEW CAVE FOR PvP ONLY!!

#4: DUH!!!!!

#5: nuf sed
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
    edited September 2011
    #1: PWI screwed up and has monkeys for technicians, therefore don't know how to fix their error...so change the rule due to too many reports of SP PKs

#2: The idea of a PvP zone where important quests are needed to be done is plain stupid. (isn't the arena for PvP? or how about PvP servers? DUH!)

#3: GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTTS...FIX THIS...MAKE A NEW CAVE FOR PvP ONLY!!

#4: DUH!!!!!

#5: nuf sed

^What he said
  • Motifer - Archosaur
    Motifer - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yea really didn't like the fact that when I was trying to help a friend out killing Sliver Frost that you get pk'd the moment you step out of the lobby. If they are going to allow pking in there, at least put Sliver Frost outside so it doesn't take 20 minutes just to get to the boss. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • too123
    too123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    no no no no no no that is not fair to players that are trying to do there quest move it to some place where ppl can pl there butt off and not interfere with wuest places
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    Runelle - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    too123 wrote: »
    no No No No No No That Is Not Fair To Players That Are Trying To Do There Quest Move It To Some Place Where Ppl Can Pl There Butt Off And Not Interfere With Wuest Places

Illusion Stone. Use It Motherfker.

learn to spell too.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Illusion Stone. Use It Motherfker.

learn to spell too.

A walking reason we have BANs. What a tool... NOT!
  • QueenNique - Dreamweaver
    QueenNique - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why in the name of CHRIST would you make a pvp enable instance open to the entire populace of a server?

Why should players be forced to fork out coins to teleport into the hall of deception?
    Why should lower levels and the people helping them have to tolerate being pk'd by high level jerk offs with a superiority complex?
    What kind of brain dead mentally deficient moron thought this would be a good idea?
    There's 3 bosses, 2 kinds of mobs and 1 dig quest to do in SP all of which are now impossible to do for low levels because they can't get 2 feet inside the door without a pk'r cutting them down.

This is nothing but an irresponsible, inconsiderate, stupid decision.
    Why do these pvp jerkoffs need a place to pk where lower level people are?
    Do they not have Arenas? do they not have silver pool? hidden orchid?
    and don't give me that " need a place to pvp with no drops" bullroar, every single pvp/pk'r uses your "ingenioused" safety lock 24 hours a day to prevent them from dropping while pking every living character in sight.

If you're going to do something as legitimately STUPID as this, Make a level CAP for pk's.
    No level 100 player should be permitted to pk anyone unde level 90. It's grossly unfair.

Make it a 10 level lower PK cap, so 50's cant attack 40's, 60's can't attack 50's, etc.
    THAT would be a fair and impartial PVP rule. The only people who would argue that are the ones who spend all day killing lowbies just to improve their pk rating, which is complete bulls!#%.

Amen to that ^^
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    A walking reason we have BANs. What a tool... NOT!

You seem mad bro.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    You seem mad bro.

Nope... You are no reason to be mad Bro. You are a reason we have BANs for individual players. I would enjoy seeing you play... love to get the winning screen shot to see you banned. Hear you cry like a baby on a thread wondering WHY you got banned. Now thats some fun ****. Have fun BRO.
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Nope... You are no reason to be mad Bro. You are a reason we have BANs for individual players. I would enjoy seeing you play... love to get the winning screen shot to see you banned. Hear you cry like a baby on a thread wondering WHY you got banned. Now thats some fun ****. Have fun BRO.

Why should I get banned? I haven't done anything wrong. :)
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Why should I get banned? I haven't done anything wrong. :)

OOps look at the time... isnt mommy calling you to get to bed? nite nite Bro.
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    OOps look at the time... isnt mommy calling you to get to bed? nite nite Bro.

Why you so mad at me? Mad because I disagree with you?

Mission Accomplished!
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Good poll, thanks for putting it up.
    I assume your staff has access to who voted in this poll. First thing you need to do is separate the votes of the PvP servers from the PvE servers. On the PvP servers this "change" didn't really change anything. It's pretty much the same as before there, except now you can fly in SP, and the PvP death without losing stuff is officially approved. It's the PvE servers where this represents a huge change in gameplay.

The votes from only the PvE servers will tell you if making SP free-PvP is a good/bad idea.

The votes from only the PvP servers will tell you whether making a special dedicated PvP zone free-PvP is a good/bad idea.

I think the free-PvP idea is a good one if it's a zone which is only used by PvPers. i.e. a non-PvPer has no reason to enter it - no quests, no special mobs, no special drops, no special thing you can do to improve PvE (gear/skills/etc) which you can't do elsewhere. If the zone's only purpose is PvP, then it's a good idea. But plopping it in the middle of a low-level PvE zone is probably the dumbest thing I've seen you guys do with this game. You basically gave all the griefers on the PvE servers an early Christmas present.
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm all for pvp areas but after 2 days ive now stopped helping people with silver frost >.>
    I take 1 step out of safe zone in sp and i have at least 3 sins (record was 6) stun locking me sparking and klling me so they can brag they killed an r9 cleric -_-' played a cleric because i liked helping people and i play pve because i wanted to avoid exactly this. I mean im not saying dont have pvp areas or anything because a good pvp fight is a fun and exciting part of the game. Just seriously having someone stealth gank you while your healing someone else is bs.
    On the point of healing fix the mechanic which means my ironheart heals my target in sp if your going to leave it pk enabled im sick of trying to chuck a heal on myself between attacks just to end up healing the person trying to kill me or giving them wop etc Just a thought it :)
  • m1sgu1dedangel
    m1sgu1dedangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I said everybody ABOVE that level, including 70s. Read stuff first before you criticize. You probably just skimmed my post and drew your own conclusions.

Everybody above lvl 50 won't NEED the SP for questing. Unless It's silver frost. But people doing silver frost need some high levels anyway. (i.e. 90+)

Ever think about higher levels trying to help lower levels with their BH or FB? Guess not?
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i just heard about this what where they thinking b:angry

for pk i have my lvl 32 in lost city oh wait i hate PKb:surrender
    thats why i'm in a pve server
    fix the arena b:cold
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]