PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Talayoki - Heavens Tear
    Talayoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    omg PW, every update is worser than the last was v.v...
    I have NO problem with PK- as sin! But Today I tried to kill Frost for my guild on german server- with my lvl 80 Cleric....with lvl 55-70 helpers...we died like 100 times cuz of ***** ppl. AGAIN!

FIRST THINK ABOUT THINGS YOU CHANGE!!!

We arent able anymore to kill Frost, cuz its PK Zone. Lowlvlplayers have to port into their BH or FB nao. Tideborn have to pray, that they survive for weapon token. WTH?! Give PK players another space to play OR only on PVP servers, not on PVE ******n v.v When I'm blue named, I guess I have my reason for it! .

Fix this pls >.>
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    why don't dev and gm make a low level toon and get it to lv 20-40 then try to go though sp for there quest and see how far they get.

they could make the pk zone like tt 2-3 with the guy there to brige you through and make the pk zone one room.
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Taebaek - Heavens Tear
    Taebaek - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think its ridiculous to put a free pvp area right in the middle of a quest area. There are at least 3 quests that REQUIRE you to be in sp, and play it up all you like most people don't want to pay 5k to get to an instance that should be easy enough to walk into. They should have put this in an area specifically for this purpose, but at the very least not allow blue names to be pked in there.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think its ridiculous to put a free pvp area right in the middle of a quest area. There are at least 3 quests that REQUIRE you to be in sp, and play it up all you like most people don't want to pay 5k to get to an instance that should be easy enough to walk into. They should have put this in an area specifically for this purpose, but at the very least not allow blue names to be pked in there.

The whole issue, is that they wanted an instance where all people could go in and pk weather in pk mode or not, without the threat of losing items. This was a good idea. This will help people practice for TW, and give a great new element of game play for higher lvls.

HOWEZVER; the problem is WHERE they've put it. The SP originally allowed people in PK mode to fight there already. That has never changed, which is why at one point it stated on the main login that pking in SP was bannable. Rather than change the coding, they made a rule. Now, they've changed the coding and all the rules. Its causing grief for other players trying to get their quests/culti's done.

In short, the idea is an awesome one; that I would love to enjoy if I wasn't having to spend quadruple the time trying to help low lvls get thru there to get quests done.

Unfortunately, a select few are going to get this whole idea axed out for everyone because they can't use restraint and grow the hell up. If someone walks into an AOE.. that is accidental and can be expected to happen. But 1 person with a small persons complex getting off on 1 shotting and killing someone 70 lvls below them 10-20-30 times in a row is pathetic.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The whole issue, is that they wanted an instance where all people could go in and pk weather in pk mode or not, without the threat of losing items. This was a good idea. This will help people practice for TW, and give a great new element of game play for higher lvls.

HOWEZVER; the problem is WHERE they've put it. The SP originally allowed people in PK mode to fight there already. That has never changed, which is why at one point it stated on the main login that pking in SP was bannable. Rather than change the coding, they made a rule. Now, they've changed the coding and all the rules. Its causing grief for other players trying to get their quests/culti's done.

In short, the idea is an awesome one; that I would love to enjoy if I wasn't having to spend quadruple the time trying to help low lvls get thru there to get quests done.

Unfortunately, a select few are going to get this whole idea axed out for everyone because they can't use restraint and grow the hell up. If someone walks into an AOE.. that is accidental and can be expected to happen. But 1 person with a small persons complex getting off on 1 shotting and killing someone 70 lvls below them 10-20-30 times in a row is pathetic.

Y0u kn0w what else is pathetic?? Watching y0u QQ and whine and trying t0 be the her0 in SP then watching y0u get facer0lled by Enrage m0bs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Well with out much actual thought the developers chose to promote harassment in their game instead of actually providing an area people WISH to go to PVP they are producing an area where those who do NOT wish to participate are being FORCED to PVP.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL wow huge point right there..... One of ya already mentioned her being one of the major ****'s camping SP, so i might as well say this. I was in there watching this bullcrap while FatalFem was in there trying to talk these Enrage pricks from one shotting everyone that walked in there. Ya that's didnt' work out so well.... but at one point _Evil_Angel_ or w/e mentioned she's spent 500K (yes, 500 THOUSAND DOLLARS) on this game. AND.... she's been banned 20 times.

I dont' know about you but i don't know ANY FRACKING GAME that lets people play their game anymore after 3 bans...... hell some games your first is the last. Kinda speaks loudly as to what these PW people really give a **** about. >.<

I saw this as well.

I'm also used to playing games that have a "3 strikes and you're out" policy. Hell, I know of games that will perma ban you on the first offense if you break certain rules (like cheating) and they couldn't care less about if your account is loaded with insanely expensive and limited edition items. Spending tons of money should not grant users unlimited "get out of jail free" cards. It's actually a little disturbing to know that PWI will let people like him remain on the servers to harass others just because they spend a ton of money.

Kinda sucks that reporting him and his friends for griefing and harassment won't even result in a slap on the wrist. They know that PWI won't touch them and that's why they continue to behave the way they do. It's sad.
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We have seen many times in this string how some players *note mostly PKers* as well as GM's etc... are saying that most of the quests in SP are not needed.

I ask this first who are they to say they are not needed ?

Since when are they my parent, faction leader, concious or deity??

Those quests were incorporated into the game to make it pleasant something to be enjoyed.

Others say " Hey there are plenty of other quess out there." In part that is true.
    However many of these so called quests that are not needed are either good exp or spirit rewarding quests. Or more to the point are a required yes I said it required stepping points into known larger needed quest lines.

If according to the PWI corporate these quests are truly not needed.

" I challenge them to rewrite the game taking these out and any quests they tie into and see what is left. Not to mention all of the time that will be wasted in doing so."

In the end let the value be shown to all players and corp alike.

PS: As I am not all others posting in here I will not say you have to be me. Nor should any other person be they player, GM or Moderator say something and simply expect us to fall in line as we are thousands upon thousands of individuals *Definition of an individual put simply we have different feelings, desires, goals and attitudes, we are not the Borg many parts of a single collective*. We will be ourselves not people to be programmed and controlled by any person, entity or corporation.
  • Cradleof - Sanctuary
    Cradleof - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    seriously, more than 113 pages of people complaining about what happens in secret passages, and the gm only have responses like, using illusion stone and cultivation mobs outside the secretpassages, is really disappointing that they did this where there are many low lvl and there are many quets be done not only that the gm are saying, well not all the low lvl have money to pay the illusion stone, so that God was so difficult to make a new cave? 100% for pvp, all you did was use a cave that is used to quets and cultivations, only to have a pvp is not even good b: angry
    [SIGPIC]Cradleof <3[/SIGPIC]
  • akarse
    akarse Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    in my almost 3 years of play I must admit that this is one of the stupidest decisions of the game even reminds me of other times they have messed with acctualizacion and plugged in a manner similar to this, well hopefully it fixed for help Sp is often impossible without dyingb:surrender (sorry for the bad English I'm using a translator) b:surrenderb:surrender
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All entertaining things reach a boring point where I realize I have to move on to other things. I haven't reach that point with pwi yet, and I enjoyed it a lot but now all thought of spending money in it is out of the question, and I decided to play until I can't lvl more because I couldn't do my high level culti.

These last days, I've been looking for other mmo to play, and I've played some. Frankly I dont find one that makes want to play like pwi did the second b:laugh time I tried it. Too bad tptb ruined it for me.

Or maybe not... Summer is coming, and I'm thinking to try something completely out of the box: Getting out, and doing all those fun things I used to do before I met pwi a year ago!!!

Days ago I was mad but maybe this IS a good thing for me! b:chuckle

Thanks, bye, and see you in game! b:thanks
  • jokaste
    jokaste Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well if someone is so desprate for a pk-zone why not putting it into frostcover?
    Let me guess they do not want to be pkd in an area they can lvl and often enough cheat!!
    To everyone who says pk is more fun that killing mobs i have to say: what a poor soul u must have when u need a pixfigure(lvl100+) to kill a other pixfigure(lvl29/30) just to feel satisfied. What u are doing has nothing!! to do with being able to play ur char,it does not even has anything to do with pk its just a proof for ure incompetence and inabilitie to fight players ur lvl.
    Thing u should not forget: The player u kill today,will come back at lvl105 and then u wont be better cause ure not used to battle equal!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Y0u kn0w what else is pathetic?? Watching y0u QQ and whine and trying t0 be the her0 in SP then watching y0u get facer0lled by Enrage m0bs.

All I hear is.. blah blah.. I'm selfish blah blah blah it takes an Enrage gank and that is funny to watch you die blah blah YOU ARE MY HERO!!

Thanks for the compliment!
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this doesn't come as a surprise to me. PWI has a track record of coming up with decent ideas, and excuting them in the manner of a ******. no i'm sure even mentally challenged people would know better.

in a pvp server this is all well and good. but since they so lazy and unwilling to do something different for the pve servers, they just shove the content that is geared towards pvp down our throats and expect for everyone to accept it. either stop making new packs, fashion and mounts and make an instance for the sole purpose of pvp (with all sorts of traps and stuff for ppl to fight around in), or move the pk zone to another area.
  • Taebaek - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

Look i understand some of this thing is a placement issue all i was saying is that if they insist on putting it into a questing area they shouldn't include those that don't want to be included in that.
  • AegisGray - Heavens Tear
    AegisGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One of the draws to a PvE server was that those who did not wish to participate in PvP were not forced to do so Via the Blue and White name System.

I understand the reasons for the changes. Though I dont consider Secret Passage to be the best area for this new arena I am alright with keeping the changes.

-However-

If the changes are to be kept I do feel that, for the benefit of everyone involved, one minor adjustment should be made (though I'm sure its been suggested already):

White-names cannot Kill Blue-names in Secret Passage.

This would allow for the area to be a more or less Open PvP area with no death penalties, for Those that wish to participate, while still allowing others to compleat their quests. I understand even with this change that other problems may arise but it seems to be the best solution for both parties.

Unfortunately I can't speak for the PvP servers. I'm not sure how it normally works over there.

At any rate; Just a suggestion
    Finding Solutions to many of your problems starts by looking in the mirror and accepting a small measure of responsibility
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

shes not trying to be the hero u jack.as.s, shes just telling the truth and making others see the true reality about this stupid idea devs have come up with. i bet no one here wud like to be pked over and over again while going into the secret passage and wanting to complete your quests. It is necessary that people understand that theres no reason why this bs should be enabled.. lol "because its fun", everytime i hear someone say "because its fun" i rly think like "wow.. this guys a ****, jack.as.s cashplayer or just an a-hole".. cuz all they do is worry and think about themselves and not all the newbies comming into the game and wanting to lvl up like normal players , because all that cash players do is to buy the stupid fc heads and plvl their a.s.s up to 100, u know not every1 is a f.k.in cashplayer.. for those who are i suggest they s.t.f.u. because this game is expensive enough when we reach the higher lvls and we cant afford to plvl up to the high lvls like cash players do...

newbies NEED secret passage for their quests.. how MANY TIMES ARE WE GOING TO REPEAT THIS.. i think we should say it in every page and explain why..because people keep forgetting.. 113, 114 pages maybe as i write and almost 115 pages of repeating the same thing and people come up with the same stupid argument.. "its fun".... NEWBIES NEED SECRET PASSAGE... and forgive my language or attitude.. i did have a couple of beers but im still against this idea of pvp secret passage, i still see how unfair it is for those trying to come up because they can't be cash players...

peace..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks Seitori for digging this up. This quote from one of the US PWIC team who met with PWCN management shows what damage he/she and the PWIC Tourney probably did to the US PvE server community.

This is the kind of awful biased representation our US PWI got from our fail TriForce PWIC Tourney team.

The PWCN president probably now thinks all of us in the US like to PvP, hence the decision to open up SP for PK.

This guy doesn't know I'm a troll. lol
    Do me a favor, reroll a new character and grind for about 3 hours and let me know how much money you have. When you are done with that, then explain to me 1 more time why it is that ppl like you believe that you know what is best for everyone else and how THEY should play THEIR game. No one is disagreeing that the idea wasn't a good one, the entire problem is specifically on the PVE servers and specifically the area they chose to place this new pvp funhouse. Now, I hope you truly understand what the issue is; rather than come here and tell people how to play the game and how much they should make and when. It also disturbs me that you don't even know the cost to port into fb 29. Apparently you are seriously out of touch with the game.

Again must have been a pretty good troll. Also I haven't ported into 29 in a very long time so yes I don't recall the price off the top of my head. I just fly in there.
    seitori wrote: »
    LoLzZ YES, THANKS for the IDEA ya just unknowingly gave me and others..b:pleased Is that why SO MANY of the FAIL PK's in the PvP SERVERS have ran away to our PvE servers, I quit within months of strarting the Pk servers 3 years ago Because everyone was either (BLOOD HUNGRY / PARANOID or just plain STUCK on THEMSELVES..+ the PK servers were way chaotic back then, since everyone was just barely starting to figure it all out..)

So Now all you newer PKs from the PvPs, RUN AWAY to the safety of the PvE's so you can RANK UP Your GEARS under the safety of a blue name, and then talk SMACK once your up to RANK 9 thanks too FC leveling, and try and CONVERT the PvE SERVERs into more Pk PVP's servers little by little, since ya couldn't compete against the original PRO PK's in the PvP Servers. LMAO!! ^o^'... Atleast when I quit the PvP Server 3 years ago, I was genuinely annoyed with the Chaotic way the system was running like back then, and did not RUN from it cause I Couldn't CUT IT! against the older PK'rs, just so I could find a way too talk **** too others on the PvE's, all because I didn't amount to much on the PvP Servers....

No wonder All the scumbag PK's R showing up on the PvE SERVERs and have made a MESS outta things, while the home grown PvE Pk crowd have minded their manners since they have an HONOR CODE.. while the PvP transfers are all finally able to talk smack on a server where they aren't constantly humiliated by the real PK-High lvs, on the PvP Servers b:laughb:chuckle

I'm glad the PK Ratings lists, were put on freeze for the time being, I wanna remember the lists as they were for the GOOD pro Pk'rs, where every Kill they got was from actually fighting other Pk's and not sniping blue's.. GoDzZ only knows what the lists would stand for now a days, if the current **** kills were added too the numbers, the Real PK's would no longer be able to stand proud on their achievements knowing that peaple who were sniping lows and blues were catching up too them...b:thanks

This guy cracks me up. I don't RPK never really have. Maybe a few fits now and then I mostly play for TW. I think the fact that my post got quoted like 6 times grants it an A for trolling capability.

Seriously people lighten up I even finished it with "Let the PvP on PvE server hate begin." If you couldn't tell it was a troll at this point I worry about you.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • hardtoyawn
    hardtoyawn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This guy cracks me up. I don't RPK never really have. Maybe a few fits now and then I mostly play for TW. I think the fact that my post got quoted like 6 times grants it an A for trolling capability.

Seriously people lighten up I even finished it with "Let the PvP on PvE server hate begin." If you couldn't tell it was a troll at this point I worry about you.

He's lying susa is the biggest rpker on our server! =/ He just hides it on his veno savor!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Again must have been a pretty good troll. Also I haven't ported into 29 in a very long time so yes I don't recall the price off the top of my head. I just fly in there.

This further makes my point.. why take an instance that was so close to Arch that ppl could just fly there and save coin and make it to where they now have to use what little money they have (low lvls) and port there? With the new system, they've left 2 options for new players:

1. Don't play the game as it was intended.
    2. Don't play the game at all.

I forgot that third option:

Be someone elses amusement and go into the SP to do quests to be repeatedly shot to death and then give up and quit.

Either way, none of these options, satisfy anyone but the jerk wads who choose to be harrassing low levels.
  • Taebaek - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This further makes my point.. why take an instance that was so close to Arch that ppl could just fly there and save coin and make it to where they now have to use what little money they have (low lvls) and port there? With the new system, they've left 2 options for new players:

1. Don't play the game as it was intended.
    2. Don't play the game at all.

I forgot that third option:

Be someone elses amusement and go into the SP to do quests to be repeatedly shot to death and then give up and quit.

Either way, none of these options, satisfy anyone but the jerk wads who choose to be harrassing low levels.

I'm in total agreement here. Furthermore it's not a matter of whether one could go around this pain in the *** in some cases, but rather the fact that we shouldn't have to. Go in there once on HT, they aren't pking each other instead they choose to harass the lowbies honestly trying to quest in there.
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i've already stated that i think this is probably one of the worst things they have done. this is a corporation, their bottom line is what's important to them. if you want to get their attention here is a way to make them rethink their position. do not buy zen. spend no real money on the game. but take it further. do not buy anything from the botique that is being sold by catshops. if the merchants can't sell their merchandise they will quit buying zen as it no longer profits them. the buying power of the thousands of people affected by this far outweighs the buying power of the few hundred jerks who are causing this problem. the best way to affect any corporation is to hit em in the wallet and i think this could be accomplished fairly quickly with a boycott of a week or two.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree with the above post. They will ignore all complaints and work to re-educate you to their Big Picture (whatever it is as they haven't shared iy.) However, if they see a loss in thier income, they will make changes. The loss of players will be a slow lss over time; but, the loss of Botique item sales and the purchase of any new Zin will get their attention faster. If players stop buying game cards, stores like Walletmart, Terget, Gameslop and all will reduce thier purchases as well as they expect the product they sell to make a certian number of turns per year. A week or two of no Zen sales would be moe effective than numerious 200 page complaint threads.

Stop buying Zen and Zen items. Stop putting cash into the game and see if they care about their bottom line. If you are going to have a protest, do it right. Email and snail mail their company officers as well. They will find it difficult to run their F2P servers with no income from the PvE servers. Let them management this to their board of directors as well as their stock holders.

Most of you are faction members and understand team work. Now is the time for all of us who oppose the placement of Forced PvP in a needed instance for lower levels to join together and work together to get PWE/ PWCN to change their latest changes. Together we can win. Divided, we will loose the game we like.

b:victory
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Someone, on another thread suggested this, and while it is an excellent idea, it is unlikely that enough players will boycott the gold shop to an extent to really get the attention of the PWE. There are always going to be people who dont care enough, and others who cant play the game without certain items (charms, dolls,and such-myself included. fortunately, i have some left.) If there was enough solidarity, true, it might work. but i dont think its likely to happen....

I agree with the above post. They will ignore all complaints and work to re-educate you to their Big Picture (whatever it is as they haven't shared iy.) However, if they see a loss in thier income, they will make changes. The loss of players will be a slow lss over time; but, the loss of Botique item sales and the purchase of any new Zin will get their attention faster. If players stop buying game cards, stores like Walletmart, Terget, Gameslop and all will reduce thier purchases as well as they expect the product they sell to make a certian number of turns per year. A week or two of no Zen sales would be moe effective than numerious 200 page complaint threads.

Stop buying Zen and Zen items. Stop putting cash into the game and see if they care about their bottom line. If you are going to have a protest, do it right. Email and snail mail their company officers as well. They will find it difficult to run their F2P servers with no income from the PvE servers. Let them management this to their board of directors as well as their stock holders.

Most of you are faction members and understand team work. Now is the time for all of us who oppose the placement of Forced PvP in a needed instance for lower levels to join together and work together to get PWE/ PWCN to change their latest changes. Together we can win. Divided, we will loose the game we like.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • X_Reiko_x - Lost City
    X_Reiko_x - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yes so ok, those who actually need shade eido, dismal shade, the wheel of earth, and other little quest mobs farther in, and/or silverfrost, CANNOT use teleport stone. teleport stone goes to qingzi. nice try. level or not. so basically you are saying good !@#$ing luck trying to get past the pvpers to do your quests and culti's. and when they constantly keep pking the lowbies, and/or the helpers, the pvpers will just do as they always do, tell everyone to quit QQing and go elsewhere. or my favourite, "its a pvp server" still quest blocking is quest blocking. im all for the pvp area, im looking forward to having some fun in there, but im sure those who cannot go further in the game wont be as happy. you really need to figure out what you are going to do about those mini bosses. my other suggestion would be have qingzis exit teleporter drop you off in the far top left corner of the map. semi safe zone.
  • blockmlock
    blockmlock Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yea I'm not going to read the 1130+ comments in this thread and I'm sure people have already said everything I think about it. But I'm going to say it anyway to add to the comments here in hopes that the developers get the idea that most of us dont like this change.

I really think this change is going to stop people from playing the game overall. Noobs who dont know everything about the game or dont have the money for constant teleports aren't going to stick around if every time they try to go in there to quest some botard kills them just because they think its funny. Not only are the bosses in there, only in there, but so are the guardian demonfires which you need for quests. Not to mention that to get the token of earth, you have to go in there too.

I can understand pvpers wanted to have a place to pvp without risk of losing their stuff but why make it in the noob quest area? I mean seriously, is it that hard to put it somewhere else? Especially one where people dont have to go in there to quest. Those of us that have no wish to Pvp dont want to be killed just because of this. I mean, thats why I chose a PVE server to begin with.

I hope you developers will listen to the players and move the PVP instance to somewhere else. That way everyone wins.
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    went there on my lv30 sin and was killed two time went back on my lv 96 wiz and no one did jump on me.
    its quite clear that the ppl that are killing low lv in sp is a bounch of kids that are to affraid to pk high lv
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • Batchild - Sanctuary
    Batchild - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Here is my 2 cents.WTF!! if people want to pvp take their selves to a pvp server.Your going to ruin pwi just as private servers get ruined by having pvp.1st off you dont' level pking anyone.so really in games like these pvp is ****.you want to pvp play a pvp game where pvp is actually rewarding.so if china jumped off a bridge would pwi follow?? it seems so.a very foolish thing to do on pve servers.high levels want a place to pk so.. why make it a low level place? there are plenty of quests in secret passage are you trying to say everyone should do goons and only do culti to level wtf.read these comments and se how many people are against pvp in a pve server oh wait there are no more pve servers?? yeah this game will fail if it keeps up , just like others games did :)
    [SIGPIC]][/SIGPIC]
  • Thebigba - Sanctuary
    Thebigba - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

Bad location for said pvp instance.
    also bad for pve server where the main point is not pvp and pk.
    good idea poorly implemented

Imagine this scenario,
    your a person who loves the story aspect and questing of games, you join only pve servers in mmo's because the pvp part might seem lame and just not fun to you.

so you hear about , download and install pwi.
    you join a pve server thinking this is right for you no sense joining one with open pk because your not interested in being killed while your trying to quest.

so you start playing the game, start liking it , thinking of putting real life money into it because you see soem things in the boutique that interest you.

then you get in your higher 20's in level. you are required by quests to venture into a place called secret Passage.

so you take your happy little noob self into secret passase, take a few steps and then et insta killed by soemthing, your noob self think's wow there are some strong mobs in here.

so you try again and this time you are cautious and look around to see high level players killing everyone that comes in.

whats your initial thought of this? i know what it is.

I htought this is a pve server what is this **** , then promptly uninstall game abandoning any thought of ever supporting a game that lied to you.

get the drift?
  • XElkex - Heavens Tear
    XElkex - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so yeah i went in there with my little noob barb to do my bh bc ppl tend to stand around the entrance who need it, and as i head in to start the bh, i get attacked by three sins, i tried to get through 3 times and were killed everytime... all i wanted to do was my bh and i can't bc you made it legal for them to kill me... thx pwe i love you too... not
This discussion has been closed.