PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• xerikux
    xerikux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What you guys think about they charging 5mil to get pass or die? Have any mod or gm log in regular account and go in there see what happen?
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Informed assumption. I have actually seen and heard of people doing that. Has vampirenite seen me grieding lowbies in SP? No.

I've seen others doing it, how do I know one of those isn't your alt?
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    I've seen others doing it, how do I know one of those isn't your alt?

Why would I hop on one of alts which are level 8x to grief people? I would end up dying more then killing people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Dark_Flare - Dreamweaver
    Dark_Flare - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My only concerns are that there are mobs in there that are required for completing quests that are not found outside of the instance (Silverfrost, Shade Endo-however you spell his name) and that you are forcing newbies to spend so-and-so coin to teleport into the instance, as well as those who wish to help them.

Those are pretty much EXACTLY my concerns. This is a HORRIBLE idea. If people want PvP.... GO TO A PvP SERVER!!!!!!!!! There are plenty of 'em.

Beyond that, why did you guys have to pick SP??? Come on put a NEW instance in for that ****. Or better yet, make the Cube of Fate PvP, since you guys can't seem to fix the glitch that enables PvP in the first part ANYWAY. THAT makes more sense. ANYTHING makes more sense than SP. JUST because all the R9 "Cool kids" hang out by Orchid Temple does NOT mean that the closest instance needs to be their playground. b:coolb:avoid

They want a place to PvP without their gear and whatnot dropping? Boo-freaking-hoo! Don't want your gear to drop? DON'T PvP! It really is NOT that hard. Common sense....... Oh, wait. It really ISN'T that common is it? b:infuriated
    If we listed off all the glitches that needed to be fixed in this game... we would be able to do nothing else, there are so many, because PWI doesn't fix things, they only try to cover their glitches with MOAR GLITCHES!!!!!!!! I can has glitches?! I CAN HAS PWI! b:victory
  • DreamDrops - Dreamweaver
    DreamDrops - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well this really takes the ticket PWI, enter early quest for Shade Eido ( inside SP, not Hall of Deception)
    Quest for lil Fire blobs in 1st hall, Lg ghouls before hall of Deception, wheel dig etc. etc. feeding all the lower lvl's to PvP players is unfair, starters & helpers do NOT needed added risk of death at hands of bored few..........

Just fix ya glitch not try to add it to the game.
    There are NO Adults in this World,

Just old Children, with Wrinkles b:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PROS
    People like being blue name but still being able to PK (PvE Servers)
    People like learning how to PK with no threat of item drop
    People like being able to PK without saftey lock or Guardian Scroll usage

CONS
    It effects people trying to do their BH29
    It effects people trying to do their lower level quests
    It effects people trying to do their OHT culti (silverfrost)

SOLUTION
    It seems the only cons are pointed to the location, not the concept, which shouldn't be very difficult to either create or use a better instance that is much better suited. I would also suggest to PWI an idea for this new area:

1. New area keeps daily scores of kills/death (players 15 levels or lower do not count as a kill)

2. New area after each day gives top 3 to 5 a prize along the lines of a public quest (stay in area not required). Rewards based on most kills, longest kill streak, best K/D ratio, etc

3. New area keeps overall record of players (both kills and deaths) and can give a monthly / yearly prize out based on stats such as, but not restricted to, longest kill streak, best K/D ratio, most top 5s in the year or best pk'er of the month awards, etc

4. Possible yearly invite to a cross server PK tournie based on top 15 Players of each server with good grand prizes (top player of the year gets +12 / +11 / few +10 orbs? something good and yes PWI it's once a year and that suggested made you cringe so quickly read number 5)

5. Profit from charm sales PWI

I personally think it would really spark new/old PKers to come back who have gotten bored with the PvE side of things. Lets rev up some people for PK. People can feel free to add / bring own ideas to my idea. frankie I really hope that might interest you and maybe send to china because I think everyone would love a dedicated instance based on the environment variables in SP to liven up PK.

I think it's very clear people ONLY hate this due to it's location and not based on the concept it brings to the PK scene.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why our PvP Arena is closed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dear PWE:

**** you guys, I'm going home.
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL tele in to SP that's the solution?????? Unless i have a charm my low lvl ats mainly low hp mages and sins just die when u tele in!!!!!!!!!!! then i have to try and run through D*heads to get in and get killed again and again! WAKE UP PWI DO SOMETHING NOW!b:angry
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree that the instance they chose is horrible. I would rather it stayed this way then not have a PK instance at all though. On HT you can mostly ask the PKers to let you past and they will.

in the few hours i was inside sp on sanctuary i noticed same thing, most of people who said they needed quests didnt get killed unless they walked in aoes
    but i agree that opening arena would be better
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There are a few times when people who can't really make it out of SP due to not being good enough, finally get in because no one better was there, and then they start killing everyone indiscriminately, probably because they waited so long to finally be able to be out of SZ and being able to hit someone without being one shot. I've watched this on my alts, they're all pretty much terrible and just need to be put back in their place ie: cowering in SZ.

Other times a group of people killed everyone for a brief moment, but quickly left to do their own fights amongst each other. All in all it's not that bad and a little waiting would get anyone through.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PROS
    People like being blue name but still being able to PK (PvE Servers)
    People like learning how to PK with no threat of item drop
    People like being able to PK without saftey lock or Guardian Scroll usage

CONS
    It effects people trying to do their BH29
    It effects people trying to do their lower level quests
    It effects people trying to do their OHT culti (silverfrost)

SOLUTION
    It seems the only cons are pointed to the location, not the concept, which shouldn't be very difficult to either create or use a better instance that is much better suited. I would also suggest to PWI an idea for this new area:

1. New area keeps daily scores of kills/death (players 15 levels or lower do not count as a kill)

2. New area after each day gives top 3 to 5 a prize along the lines of a public quest (stay in area not required). Rewards based on most kills, longest kill streak, best K/D ratio, etc

3. New area keeps overall record of players (both kills and deaths) and can give a monthly / yearly prize out based on stats such as, but not restricted to, longest kill streak, best K/D ratio, most top 5s in the year or best pk'er of the month awards, etc

4. Possible yearly invite to a cross server PK tournie based on top 15 Players of each server with good grand prizes (top player of the year gets +12 / +11 / few +10 orbs? something good and yes PWI it's once a year and that suggested made you cringe so quickly read number 5)

5. Profit from charm sales PWI

I personally think it would really spark new/old PKers to come back who have gotten bored with the PvE side of things. Lets rev up some people for PK. People can feel free to add / bring own ideas to my idea. frankie I really hope that might interest you and maybe send to china because I think everyone would love a dedicated instance based on the environment variables in SP to liven up PK.

I think it's very clear people ONLY hate this due to it's location and not based on the concept it brings to the PK scene.

this is actualy one of the best ideas i have seen on this forums, too bad devs arent smart enough to do it b:surrender

btw every time i see you sigh i lol b:chuckle
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There are a few times when people who can't really make it out of SP due to not being good enough, finally get in because no one better was there, and then they start killing everyone indiscriminately, probably because they waited so long to finally be able to be out of SZ and being able to hit someone without being one shot. I've watched this on my alts, they're all pretty much terrible and just need to be put back in their place ie: cowering in SZ.

Other times a group of people killed everyone for a brief moment, but quickly left to do their own fights amongst each other. All in all it's not that bad and a little waiting would get anyone through.
    That is right, a lot of the PKers that are in there fight amongst themselves and leave the low level alone (unless they get in an AoE by mistake), but by my own experience and from what I read from others, there is ALWAYS people that abuse the place, killing anything that moves no matter the reason they are there.

Now, these people are also ruining the fun for the PKers that leave the lowbies be because with their selfish act, honest PKers get blamed too.

I met a PKer further inside SP, asked me if I was there to kill lowbies, and after I replied that I was there to quest, he (a sin. he popped out of nowhere behind my back) left me alone.

I like to believe that he was there in search of those PKers that ganked on lowbies.

So yeah, because of a few unchecked idiots, things are degenerating. FAST.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's revelation time with ChaoticShelly b:flower

Even in PvP servers - you only go to PK more at level 30. However new players who are below level 30 are now forced into PvP because they have quests in there, quests that they are unable to complete.

I just went in SP to have a look and the same people who were there over 8 hours ago are still there, farming kills, and not letting a single person have their quests complete.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Even in PvP servers - you only go to PK more at level 30. However new players who are below level 30 are now forced into PvP because they have quests in there, quests that they are unable to complete.

I just went in SP to have a look at the same people who was there over 8 hours ago are still there, farming kills, and not letting a single person have their quests complete.

Fixed :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Fixed :P

No, no, it most certainly is 'were'. Was is for singular and were is for plural. You would also use Were for sentences that state something that is contrary to facts. "If I were..." etc.

/English lesson from a non English speaker.
  • Farenheight - Dreamweaver
    Farenheight - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

<_< omg. Open Arena, open NEW territories, anything! SP is not for PK, your tournament isnt that worth, specially for new players, who MUST do quests there. SPECIALLY ON PVE server >< Or you think players are so polite and kind and would not touch other little lvls with their little business? I cant believe that PWI have to copy everything from chines version, thats ridicilous ><
  • hardtoyawn
    hardtoyawn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I just went in SP to have a look and the same people who were there over 8 hours ago are still there, farming kills, and not letting a single person have their quests complete.

It's revelation time with HardToYawn b:flower

You can't farm kills, the kill counters off.
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hardtoyawn wrote: »

They probably don't know or just don't care.
    To them, it just has to move and be killed for their personal gratification.

NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) effect.
    As long as it doesn't affect them (lowbies needing to quest doesn't effect them), they just don't care.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since I don't have annything nice to say about this it's better if I don't say annything at all... But this will be pretty much covering it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqqRPvM_Sw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Creating a cell that contains a dungeon can be extremely easy:

1-Copy the files for the cell of an appropriate, existing dungeon.

2-Rename the files and the dungeon.

3-Put a teleport marker somewhere outside, in the worldspace, and inside, in the dungeon cell; link them together with a teleport.

4-**** it up so it beomes bluenamed pvp enabled *grin*

5-Add it to a patch. It will overwrite the previous worldspace file and add this new teleport and cell.

I can do that in a very few hours on another game with the editor for it.

Am I missing something? If anyone who plays/mods a private server is reading this, it'd be great if you could clue us in as to how easy/hard it is to create new content such as this?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think PW doesn't have editor... you have to create the room with manual commands and grand wall of text... b:surrender

I think the missing archosaur team (original PW core developer) are one reason why many thing are messed up.

The new developer don't know what archosaur team write... b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Remove the Mobs in Room make PK Enable for Levels 50+ Onlys then you can resist killing peoples that have quests there
  • hardtoyawn
    hardtoyawn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hanfknolle wrote: »
    Remove the Mobs in Room make PK Enable for Levels 50+ Onlys then you can resist killing peoples that have quests there

Silver frost is a 70+ quest isnt it? I want a new instance for this fun pvp to be held in but if its pwi they'll take away sp and say "New pvp arena coming soon!" and it will never come =/ then we'll never have one
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

So basically you are saying all this blunder is doing is allowing harassment of low levels and IF there is someone the same level in there at the same time the chance for them to spar. Outside of a little bit of practice, players are just going there to harass. That is good news... as it seems PWC wanted to support harassment over producing a valid product.

Lets not be fooled... there is little chance a lvl 40-80 player who wanted to get INTO pvp play could go to SP and have any chance to survive against factions geared for end game TW who have gone to SP. So even if the original idea was to give players the chance to enjoy some pvp it is still a major failure as there are no parameters set to allow equal level players to go against each other with out someone interested in pure harassment exploiting this blunder.

If the developers wanted to actually produce a place for players to get a taste of PVP and actually get some practice they would produce something like PV where players could get into the instance by level and actually be on somewhat equal ground instead of level 103 going open season on anything that moves in hope someone else 100+ shows up to pvp.

This was nothing but a blunder on the part of the programers too lazy to actually PRODUCE anything. They do not FIX any flaws in the game they merely cause more blunders while trying to roll out more fashion and new types of packs.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Every time I go there, its the same thing as well. The same ppl from the same faction are there griefing the low level questers. Shelly, I have little faith in this company; but the fact that someone they chose to help them with their company (volunteer or not)can see what is going on and why it is so bad for the community; well it restores my faith a bit.

All the more reason that they have NO reason other than just harrassing people to be killing the low lvls. The only thing they are getting out of this, is a bigger ego.
  • TheJackal - Heavens Tear
    TheJackal - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Let me get this correct, even if im bloody red-named, i wont drop gear in there? b:dirty
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When I log into the PvE server, I go there to PK or help people with BH29. When I log on a PvP server I mostly try and find fun people to 1v1 not in instances.

I get what you are saying. The only problem is that the devs care about money and not really anything else. If the people PKing there/griefing are people who spend a lot of money on the game I can't see them doing a lot about it.

LOL wow huge point right there..... One of ya already mentioned her being one of the major ****'s camping SP, so i might as well say this. I was in there watching this bullcrap while FatalFem was in there trying to talk these Enrage pricks from one shotting everyone that walked in there. Ya that's didnt' work out so well.... but at one point _Evil_Angel_ or w/e mentioned she's spent 500K (yes, 500 THOUSAND DOLLARS) on this game. AND.... she's been banned 20 times.

I dont' know about you but i don't know ANY FRACKING GAME that lets people play their game anymore after 3 bans...... hell some games your first is the last. Kinda speaks loudly as to what these PW people really give a **** about. >.<
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:surrender The WORST Part of this would be, if the PWc servers, weren't suffering the same **** as we are with the (****/FARM KILL) abuses, that we've been seeing on our servers "Because they've been minding the Rules of common decency back in PWc.." And so the DEV's leave it as it already is anyway, what would that say about our Servers clientel anyways, if only a few on our servers were the only 1's doing this ****???....b:sad

I only hope that they're also suffering from rogue PK scumbags aswell, so they'd do something, to change it.. b:surrender
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why would I hop on one of alts which are level 8x to grief people? I would end up dying more then killing people.

Which is precisely why putting PK in SP is ridiculous. Level 7X-8X and maybe mid-90s are going to get smashed to pieces by people who are 100+ unless they are somehow really skilled against people 20-30 levels above them, which I say is very rare...and would be hard to accomplish seeing that the people that like to camp in there are level 100+ people with R8/R9/Nirvy gear that's highly refined.

No one should have to constantly ask the people camping in there if they can pass through. No one should have to pay the group of people for protection from getting killed. If the people want forced PK, fine, then move it to a PK server and have fun there. Leave the people who want to concentrate on quests do their quests without having to deal with this nonsense bullcrap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.