PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Zedidi - Dreamweaver
    Zedidi - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Making all the servers PvP would be a bad idea.
    Forcing PvP on me will definitely cause me to pack up and leave. There's nothing I love more than being ganked by several people while I'm minding my own business. [...]I definitely prefer games that don't force players to do PvP. [...] I don't need to get owned by a bunch of 100+ people that are in full r9 gear with +10-12 refines to know that I don't stand a chance. My credit card mastery probably won't ever be as high as theirs! I accepted that a long time ago.

It's nice to know that every server isn't experiencing the problems that we are, but the reality is that ours seems to be loaded with a bunch of arrogant pricks that don't care about anybody but themselves. I even heard from a couple of sources yesterday that they were actually starting to charge 200k to pass through SP without being killed. I didn't witness it, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was the truth. What I have witnessed were several people saying "I need to do a quest, please don't kill me!" that were instantly killed as soon as they left the safe zone... sometimes several times if they attempted again. FFS most of them actually said PLEASE!

I have to agree. I joined PvE as well for a reason. Not everyone is made of money can pay for refines +10~12 and have rank 9 gear.

I understand that PvPers want a place to fight however why mess with THAT instance. There has to be another area where PvPers can go and not bother the lower levels that just want their quests done. Even I don't want to mess with my bh's because I can stone into that instance without dying.

I don't care if people find me a softly for non-PvP but I don't PvP for a reason. I would go to a PvP server if I REALLY wanted to PvP not a PvE on.

That just makes me upset that people are trying to pay for "safey" in Sp :/
  • BlkDeth - Heavens Tear
    BlkDeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Constantly with PvP slammed down your throat phrase.................b:scorn I'm sure it could be arranged but its not whats happening. b:surrender Unless thats your thing and your doing it to yourself.

Pressa... I do not know how exactly it is you come to 'know' what's going on, since you have logged all of maybe 3 times in the last 4-5 months. Please enlighten us.

Also, if you would take a but moment to learn how to properly punctuate this drivel you continue to come here and spew it would not be so hard to read your useless posts...
  • Revlax - Archosaur
    Revlax - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    After I saw this post, I quit. Like no lie it's obvious that the GMs try to improve the game but only by their views and not the players' views. I'm now rockin' Forsaken World and I gotta tell ya, waaaaay better than this. Everyone is friendly, a little bit of playful; casual drama (not to the extreme like Perfect World), its easy to gather a party for an instance and its more team oriented unlike in Perfect World where you could be lazy and just grab a high lvl to solo. Better graphics, better interface, more crafting options and high lv gear won't cost you a hole in your wallet. Best of all, NO DAMN PACKS haha! So if you wanna stay on this broken game or move to a balanced and friendly game its your choice.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    After stating my concerns to Frankie it seems PWE's current stance is that "You don't have to do these quests". However, questing is a part of this game and some people want to do it regardless of the current easy, fast and buy-able level 100.

I don't agree with this stance. I believe questing, especially at lower levels is vital to communicating with the community, engaging with players and introducing the game mechanics and learning process about your selected race/class.

I enjoyed doing the quests in SP as a new player making its way in the world of PWI. I enjoyed defeating Silver frost. I enjoy helping others achieving the same thing.

People don't have to do quests there, but that shouldn't matter, they want to. And that's all that's important.

+1

Also, when I was lvling my cleric when it was 29 way back when, if i tried to tele in using the illusion stone, the mobs near the door would one shot me. I basically paid to die. Anytime I wanted to do SP, I had to have a higher lvl run her in to kill all the mobs first quickly which was a pain in the *** at the time. Now with it a PK area, low levels cant even do that anymore. You have ARENAS for a reason, just as everyone else has said.

Either change it back to PvE area so low levels can do quests, or move the entire fb29, frost, eido, dismal shade all out of Secret Passage. I want to level using quests, not paying out the *** for hyper stones and for someone to do FC Heads for me. This is a ***** up way to force people to pay pwe.
    After I saw this post, I quit. Like no lie it's obvious that the GMs try to improve the game but only by their views and not the players' views. I'm now rockin' Forsaken World and I gotta tell ya, waaaaay better than this. Everyone is friendly, a little bit of playful; casual drama (not to the extreme like Perfect World), its easy to gather a party for an instance and its more team oriented unlike in Perfect World where you could be lazy and just grab a high lvl to solo. Better graphics, better interface, more crafting options and high lv gear won't cost you a hole in your wallet. Best of all, NO DAMN PACKS haha! So if you wanna stay on this broken game or move to a balanced and friendly game its your choice.

That game is part of pwe too, you might of just jinxed FW. T.T
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've been in SP just a moment ago, and while the first time I got lucky and managed to pass, the successive tries were foiled by the same person over and over. Last try I made I was successful because said person got ganged up on and had to leave the first room.

Basically, the situation hasn't changed at all.

At least I managed to get the wheel of earth, but really, it's not much fun when you have to wait for the right time to sneak past. And I have to do Dismal Shade, now... before I hit level 50.

It's frustrating, because I like this game, and seeing things like this... well, it's not nice.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ...And I have to do Dismal Shade, now... before I hit level 50.

I'd help you with my BM, but we'll probably get ganked by at least 3 people before we manage to get past the first room. Just like before when I tried helping a new friend. If you want to give it a go, give me a shout.
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'd help you with my BM, but we'll probably get ganked by at least 3 people before we manage to get past the first room. Just like before when I tried helping a new friend. If you want to give it a go, give me a shout.
    Say, is it possible to teleport in FB29 (hoping to survive) and then teleport out into secret passage near where Dismal Shade is (always hoping to survive)?
  • Revlax - Archosaur
    Revlax - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

That game is part of pwe too, you might of just jinxed FW. T.T

I'm pretty sure FW was made to be the opposite of PW
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Say, is it possible to teleport in FB29 (hoping to survive) and then teleport out into secret passage near where Dismal Shade is (always hoping to survive)?

Nope, if you teleport out you teleport outside of SP.
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thought so. Oh well.

If you want to help me, I'll be very happy to try this out. My current chara is called Zolia in Heaven's Tear.

And I'm currently online with her
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    turn Off Pk In Sp Now
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thought so. Oh well.

If you want to help me, I'll be very happy to try this out. My current chara is called Zolia in Heaven's Tear.

And I'm currently online with her

Well, it was worth trying. Not surprised at the ones who camp there killing anyone who dares enter for quests, not surprised a single bit. b:chuckle
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Let's just move all the free pvp to 1k like private servers. No low levels there anyways. And no more flying all the way back from town when you die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, it was worth trying. Not surprised at the ones who camp there killing anyone who dares enter for quests, not surprised a single bit. b:chuckle
    Not sure why you left, but your friend managed to get me through both Shade Eido and Dismal Shade without too many deaths from both of us. Mostly because who we know was busy killing everyone in sight rather than focus on the few.

Thanks again for your help!
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Not sure why you left, but your friend managed to get me through both Shade Eido and Dismal Shade without too many deaths from both of us. Mostly because who we know was busy killing everyone in sight rather than focus on the few.

Thanks again for your help!

Was stalked, couldn't move an inch. b:surrender

Glad you got it done!
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Was stalked, couldn't move an inch. b:surrender

Glad you got it done!
    Should have guessed

But yes, this situation can't go on like this. It's as if a few people own the place and decide whenever and whoever to let pass, which is absurd because SP is a free for all place.
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Let's just move all the free pvp to 1k like private servers. No low levels there anyways. And no more flying all the way back from town when you die.

lol how can u think about moving free pvp into a city? with npcs and entrances to other maps?(lothranis & momaganon) have u noticed? idk if we are talking about the same 1k streams but... the 1k streams i know is a place full of catshops and people using the forges n doing quests.. low lvl or not, its still an npc area and players from all lvls go there... and this is not a private server, this is Perfect World International, the original game... it has no means of being like a private server in any way.

still supporting the idea of creating an arena... it shouldn't be moved to anywhere where people might need that place for quests..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So the lazy monkeys can`t make a separate instance for pvp, they need to "rearrange" an already existing one, yet again GJ, I feel sorry for people who need to do quests there.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Constantly with PvP slammed down your throat phrase.................b:scorn I'm sure it could be arranged but its not whats happening. b:surrender Unless thats your thing and your doing it to yourself.

Lets see.. do I .. or do I NOT need room 38 for culti quest? Is it.. or is it NOT a pk room? In order to complete the quest one must go into a FORCED PVP situation. Now if you don't understand that, then I don't know how else to get you to understand it. I won't even get into the whole SP bit on this one. You are clearly clueless on this.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

That would be amazing... then you could just start a zhen party at the teleporter. lmao
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Phedre_Rain - Sanctuary
    Phedre_Rain - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We're on a PVE server for PVE. b:angry Not to be forced into PVP while questing, to be one shotted upon entering just for sport, all irregardless of tabs or cultis.b:surrender
  • Lovenomore - Sanctuary
    Lovenomore - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    S
    o, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

You know, I've been playing this game for a long, long time, and though I've not agreed with a lot you've done, I've not complained till now.

Basically your saying high lvls who like to enter the world of PVP, now get to force themselves on lower lvls questing. So your newer low lvl players and those that try to help them... don't mean **** to you.

Thanks Frankie.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,
    For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

What momentum? You haven't updated info or posted videos of the PWIC finals. ... Or is that because our US team got crushed in less than 20 seconds by every other international team?

If you want to give US players a place to PvP practice, and get US players nearer the International skill level, open the Arenas (code is already there since beta in 2008) and cap APS.

Did our US PWIC team do us a disservice by misrepresenting how popular PvP is compared to PvE? I understand they met with the PWCN President/management.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What momentum? You haven't updated info or posted videos of the PWIC finals. ... Or is that because our US team got crushed in less than 20 seconds by every other international team?

If you want to give US players a place to PvP practice, and get US players nearer the International skill level, open the Arenas (code is already there since beta in 2008) and cap APS.

Did our US PWIC team do us a disservice by misrepresenting how popular PvP is compared to PvE? I understand they met with the PWCN President/management.

lol

/facepalm

You seriously think PWE would listen to a handful of players? lmao

And btw, APS is already capped. Duh.

You have a lot to learn, son.

b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol

/facepalm

You seriously think PWE would listen to a handful of players? lmao

And btw, APS is already capped. Duh.

You have a lot to learn, son.

b:chuckle

You may be surprised at the effect in person discussions can have with top management, especially ones who are so out of touch with their foreign subsidiary. I am somewhat experienced in these kind of RL matters BTW.

I'm guessing that the PWCN President got all excited at seeing the Tourney (in person) and was unduly influenced at the importance of PvP in the game.

As far as APS cap. As far as I know it is capped at 5.0 not 3.0(?) as the PWIC tourney was.
  • darkblu3shadow
    darkblu3shadow Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is the first step to pwi practically colapsing...or at least all the PVE servers. This is basically nothing more than a handful of people in power thinking (or not) that this will "help" the game by giving us a place to pvp. They dont stop this **** at this rate theyre going to lose a LOT of players. The SECOND I see this server has turned into a pvp server they just lost another player/custermor. I know im not the only one, all thats going to be going on if this happens is 101+ r9's or 4 aps sins and bms killing everyone who strays out of the citys or safe zones. What a fun game that will be!
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What can I say at this point that has not already been said in the previous postings that PWE will probably just ignore?

We have 4 PvE servers to the 2 PvP servers. It would appear that once upon a time PWE looked at what their customers wanted. This is similar to why there is more than one flavor of ice cream on the market. Now with PWE's limited mind set and intelligence, we find that they no longer appear to be concerned with what the majority of their customers want as they have taken away the players preferred product without warning or discussion and enacted a sanctioned harrassment of players on the PvE servers that appear to violate their own TOS.

I think I should apologise for giving PWE too much credit for being able to write/ program or market a game to the world. I am sorry that I might have thought that they might have any idea as to what they were ever doing in the computer game market. It is becoming obvious that they are exploiting child labor laws with the porgramers that they use. Their last product change is a great example of this. Their disreguad of their customers wants/ needs and initial response to customer complaints would indicate that that disgrundled customers need to be reeductated as indicated by the GM's initial responses to customer complaints. What's next, tanks surrounding the Headhunter's platform?

I will also apologise if the above is wrong and it is that PWE is just out to stick it to the western world. I apologise for thinking that an international company might be apolitical in dealing with customers.

Or, maybe that what we are seeing in their marketing is because the senior management has had to hire all their unemployable relatives into account managers, game developers and other management jobs. I sincerely apologise if these poor people were not able to pass any basic marketing, customer service or product developement classes. And, I hope this has brought great happiness at their family reunions.

I would further apologise to PWE for their being to developmentally challenged as to impliment customer surveys or a "test realm" to allow them to develope features focused on what their customer bases around the world want and to be able to correct the bugs before sending it "live." I apologise if this was influenced by the evil Micro$oft model.

I would like to apologise for cutting off my spending on this game. I realize that said monies have been used to buy paper napkins for management types to wipe the drool from their chins at work. I sincerely hope that someone will be able to operate a simple washing machine & dryer if they are forced to swicth to washable cloths to replace the paper napkins. Maybe one of their mothers is willing to take on this challenging task so as to keep the current management group employed?

I am just so in awe at how PWE has gone from just slowly **** up a great game and have made a giant step forward in making it a failed game. I am inspired at how well this latest update to PvE servers will move PWI towards joining the historical ranks of mmo games that have shut down. Good game, guys! :) Way to go, you all just rock !

b:dirty b:kiss b:bye
  • sweetfoxxy
    sweetfoxxy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I would like to bring to your attention that somme people are trying to kill us blue name in secret passage that are not pking. I was trying todo a quest in there and there not outside thsoe mobs. Could not go kill them cuz somme people were always killing me. I think this is revery frustrting for low lvl,s. PKers shoud have a special room in SP for them to pk to there hearts content without making us blue name attacked all the time. Event if you do try to take a screenshot you cant cuz your automatically tele out.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is why PvE servers shouldn't exist. If you all had the capability to PK freely the people camping SP right now would have already gotten their fill of massacring newblets and your situation wouldn't exist. But hey that's just me never cared for carebear servers anyway. Let the PvP hate on PvE begin. :D

LoLzZ YES, THANKS for the IDEA ya just unknowingly gave me and others..b:pleased Is that why SO MANY of the FAIL PK's in the PvP SERVERS have ran away to our PvE servers, I quit within months of strarting the Pk servers 3 years ago Because everyone was either (BLOOD HUNGRY / PARANOID or just plain STUCK on THEMSELVES..+ the PK servers were way chaotic back then, since everyone was just barely starting to figure it all out..)

So Now all you newer PKs from the PvPs, RUN AWAY to the safety of the PvE's so you can RANK UP Your GEARS under the safety of a blue name, and then talk SMACK once your up to RANK 9 thanks too FC leveling, and try and CONVERT the PvE SERVERs into more Pk PVP's servers little by little, since ya couldn't compete against the original PRO PK's in the PvP Servers. LMAO!! ^o^'... Atleast when I quit the PvP Server 3 years ago, I was genuinely annoyed with the Chaotic way the system was running like back then, and did not RUN from it cause I Couldn't CUT IT! against the older PK'rs, just so I could find a way too talk **** too others on the PvE's, all because I didn't amount to much on the PvP Servers....

No wonder All the scumbag PK's R showing up on the PvE SERVERs and have made a MESS outta things, while the home grown PvE Pk crowd have minded their manners since they have an HONOR CODE.. while the PvP transfers are all finally able to talk smack on a server where they aren't constantly humiliated by the real PK-High lvs, on the PvP Servers b:laughb:chuckle

I'm glad the PK Ratings lists, were put on freeze for the time being, I wanna remember the lists as they were for the GOOD pro Pk'rs, where every Kill they got was from actually fighting other Pk's and not sniping blue's.. GoDzZ only knows what the lists would stand for now a days, if the current **** kills were added too the numbers, the Real PK's would no longer be able to stand proud on their achievements knowing that peaple who were sniping lows and blues were catching up too them...b:thanks
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    As has been said a number of times the larger the toys are supposed to mean something right ?????

Has it not been said I believe by Confuscious:

Those who speak big having to beat down others in a large way trying to make others live by their standards are not only pipsqueak dictators but are trying to make up for missing a certain something.

As is known we have Ying for Yang:

Which in this case means for the lack of uhummmmmmmmm
    They make up for it by attitudes and mouthing off.
This discussion has been closed.