PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A thought crossed my mind earlier - it's true that our version mirrors the Chinese game, but that's the only similarities between the two versions. We play a different game than the Chinese community does. We have a different style, packs are much more valuable here, and the community here is much more intimate (cliquey, if you wish).

The Chinese team cannot and should not ignore that Western gamers plays games in a different manner than Asian games do. What fits their gaming style doesn't necessarily suits ours, even the policies between the two versions differ.

Frankie has mentioned that our version mirrors theirs, however;

Players are forbidden from editing*.ini files to alter their characters appearance - However it's allowed (and somewhat encouraged) at PWC.

Another example is that account selling is not allowed, but is on PWC.

If their version allows Free PK in SP - our version certainly doesn't have to as the policies above state.

There definitely needs to be a temporary solution until a permanent one is implanted into the game (i.e. a specific, stand alone Free PK instance) - that solution should probably be to not allow Free PK in SP at the time being - even if PWC has made it so it's possible, and allowed over there.

This times a million. There was no good reason for the rule change. PK has always been possible for 30+ on a PvP server and people were using it as a way to harass others and that's why the rule was made on the first place. Just because you can do it on PvE servers too now and the harassment is even made easier because it's drop/shatter free doesn't mean the rule should be reversed. Why even have the rule in the first place if it's only valid when it's not even really all that possible on the majority of the servers? When you couldn't kill blue names on a PvE server (the majority of the servers) you banned PK in there even though the only people who could be killed were the people who switched to PK mode because they were looking for a fight. Now that it's actually possible to kill people who aren't looking for one, it's allowed? What kind of sense does that make? I understand perfectly well there are plenty of people on there having good, clean, legitimate fun and not harassing lowbies in anyway. But creating a hostile environment for new players shouldn't be the official policy, especially since it says they won't be touched until level 30 right IN THE USER INTERFACE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    C'mon Frankie!!!! Tell us something before you go home for the weekend!!! And I don't mean "Cya on Monday!" PPPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEE!!!!
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    C'mon Frankie!!!! Tell us something before you go home for the weekend!!! And I don't mean "Cya on Monday!" PPPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEE!!!!

Frankie isn't at the office at the moment - he's got cooties... I mean, err, He has been bitten by Sihndra. b:surrender We will try and get someone at the office to update, if of course, there is something to update with.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    At this point, I'm almost tempted to level up a character on each server just to try to run interference for some of the lower levels to be able to quest in Secret Passage.

I refuse to be on the side of encouraging players to not quest and instead use FC to level up. I remember when the game was most fun, and it certainly is not that now. Everyone is too worried about leveling as fast as possible, to get to "endgame" (Level 101, Rank 8/9), so they can then log on for TW and complain about the lack of content.

It has took me almost a year and a half to get to lvl 102. I have enjoyed every single quest that was offered to me. I have done them all (except harpy wraith, cause lets just face it.. its hard). I too have gone into SP to try to help the lowbies get by. I get called a cry baby, a carebear, and a whiner when I ask them to stop and let ppl thru. A lot of them I can't kill. They have all r9 gear refined to +12. I'm rank 8 with a +10 weapon. Not badly geared by any means but I don't stand up to a r9+12. If the people on servers would unite to show the bigger factions we will NOT be pushed around, maybe they'd stop. Maybe we can do what the GM's refuse to do..

I don't get why ppl are in such a rush to get to endgame either.. nothing is left but to be bored.
    +1000

I don't know how long it's gonna take these people to understand this. The content is pre-endgame. You have no excuse for powerleveling past the meat of the game just so you can claim "I'M BORED LOL" and somehow use that as a rationalization for ganking newbies.

It shouldn't be allowed in SP, it shouldn't be allowed in cube, it shouldn't be allowed in any civilized society. Unmitigated jerkdom is shunned, not indulged (at least, not overtly like this).

I have mentioned about the cube before as well, and the GM's don't care about it either. There needs to be 2 different cubes. 1 in which PvP is enabled in ALL the rooms, and 1 where it is not enabled in ANY of them. To tell people they should join a pve server if they don't want to pk, then force them to do it in ANY aspect of the game is wrong. Its not what I have paid for.. yes PAID for. After spending even 1 dollar on this game, I am a paying customer. I paid for a service as it was told to me and then it was switched on me without my consent or an "opt out" option. It still baffles me why Pvp is such a big deal on a PvE server, if they are that hardcore about it; they should be on a PvP server!
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    At the very least can you assure us the carrier pigeons taking the message to China have safely departed for their long flight over the Pacific.
  • ShadowScream - Heavens Tear
    ShadowScream - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So in a nutshell they dont care that lower lvl characters HAVE quests in there that can ONLY be done in there. So where is the fairness in that. If i wanted to PK i would move to a pk server or better yet those who love PK move there for us.Dont punish all because they are bored and have nothing to do but PK now. SO WHY NOT JUST SAY ,,l,, WE DONT CARE ABOUT LOWER LVLS AND THEIR QUESTS.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok......Right now....

SOMEBODY
    GIVE
    ME
    A
    LIST
    OF
    QUESTS
    UNDER
    THE
    LVL
    OF
    THAT
    REQUIRE
    YOU
    TO
    BE
    INSIDE
    SECRET
    PASSAGE
    TO
    COMPLETE
    THEM.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So I know it's against forum rules to post alternative games, but how 'bout if I mention sites like Onrpg or MMOhut where people can scope out other games that just happen to be RPG like PW, is that also against the rules?b:chuckle
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok......Right now....

SOMEBODY
    GIVE
    ME
    A
    LIST
    OF
    QUESTS
    UNDER
    THE
    LVL
    OF
    THAT
    REQUIRE
    YOU
    TO
    BE
    INSIDE
    SECRET
    PASSAGE
    TO
    COMPLETE
    THEM.

Dismal Shade, Shade Eido, Wheel of Earth and the Crimson Pendant all require mobs/bosses inside SP that aren't found elsewhere on the map.b:bye

Dismal btw is a timed quest, you only have 2 hours to kill him.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok......Right now....

SOMEBODY
    GIVE
    ME
    A
    LIST
    OF
    QUESTS
    UNDER
    THE
    LVL
    OF
    THAT
    REQUIRE
    YOU
    TO
    BE
    INSIDE
    SECRET
    PASSAGE
    TO
    COMPLETE
    THEM.

Weapon Token quests for T.Born, who cannot use the stone
    Dismal Shade (which is also TIMED btw, so yeah having to come back over and over does significantly impact the ability to do it)
    Shade Eido
    Guardian Demonfires (which autopath you to SP, and lets face it a new player isn't going to know about the small super aggressive ones near Hidden Orchid)
    Tree Flute
    The Statues
    Wheel of Earth
    Crimson pendant

While these are located inside the BH29 instance, it requires the instance to be reset several times (a total of 5 times for the cairns guards) one so that they it would cost them 5k the first time 6k the subsequent 4x times just to enter it. That's 29k without even accounting for the pots/repairs. Quite a lot of coin for a low level character (level 40) to come up with for a single quest.

Ghostyard Haunts Divine Honor of the Light Contract
    Cairns Guards Divine Honor of the Light Contract
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Looks to me... like its been provided.
  • JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear
    JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Heaven's tear is not a PK Server ...

I think it is the WORSE idea ever... b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters on Heaven's Tear:
    Lvl 100 Cleric: JinseiMegami
    Lvl 093 Mystic: MimiMegami
    Lvl 091 Archer: JinseiChan
    Lvl 087 Assassin: NanashiChan
    Lvl 071 Barbarian: SenshuSan
    ~Last updated on June 13th 2012~
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A thought crossed my mind earlier - it's true that our version mirrors the Chinese game, but that's the only similarities between the two versions. We play a different game than the Chinese community does. We have a different style, packs are much more valuable here, and the community here is much more intimate (cliquey, if you wish).

The Chinese team cannot and should not ignore that Western gamers plays games in a different manner than Asian games do. What fits their gaming style doesn't necessarily suits ours, even the policies between the two versions differ.

There definitely needs to be a temporary solution until a permanent one is implanted into the game (i.e. a specific, stand alone Free PK instance) - that solution should probably be to not allow Free PK in SP at the time being - even if PWC has made it so it's possible, and allowed over there.

I propose that the current PWE administrator(s) be fired and that ChaoticShelly be hired to replace him/her/them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I like the pvp being free in SP. We are having some nice fights with our KOS in there the last few days. Bramble working and being able to use my nix makes this place amazingly fun on my veno. Bramble Hood and watched 4 sins kill themselves = b:dirty
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I like the pvp being free in SP. We are having some nice fights with our KOS in there the last few days. Bramble working and being able to use my nix makes this place amazingly fun on my veno. Bramble Hood and watched 4 sins kill themselves = b:dirty

Sounds fun and Lost City is pvp so anyone there should expect to get attacked, but the people getting popped on the pve servers is what most people are complaining about. b:bye
  • ShadowScream - Heavens Tear
    ShadowScream - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am with FatalFem and all the others that say and or think this wrong. Heavens Tear is a NON-PVP lets leave it this way unless you go into dragon temple or something like this. I have a seeker that looks like will not get those quests done cause of these TOOL BAGS that are bored .
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Any chance we can get an official response to this Frankie?

It's Friday late afternoon. Like someone said earlier, he/she/it is probably making plan for the weekend (ie : playing WoW) and completely don't care about what is written here. This will be a long weekend for the poor players...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am with FatalFem and all the others that say and or think this wrong. Heavens Tear is a NON-PVP lets leave it this way unless you go into dragon tample or something like this. I have a seeker that looks like will not get those quests done cause of these TOOL BAGS that are bored .

Glad you feel that way, please if you haven't already, go vote on the 2 polls on the forums(one is under General Discussion and the other is under the suggestion box).b:thanks
    It's Friday late afternoon. Like someone said earlier, he/she/it is probably making plan for the weekend (ie : playing WoW) and completely don't care about what is written here. This will be a long weekend for the poor players...

b:cry
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

As said countless times, the issue is not on PvP servers, but in the PvE ones.
    In your server people have their heads on their shoulders, in Heaven's tear (no idea on the others), the issue is really getting out of hand thanks to certain people camping there and killing the low leveled players that just want to do quests and mind their own business.

I personally joined PvE because I didn't want to deal with being killed by the random player that cross my path.

And now, thanks to whatever the devs in china had in mind, I am forced to do it to get certain quests done?

My alt is a lvl 43 veno, and I'd like to get Shade Eido done before I hit 50, but considering the situation, I'm afraid I won't find easy help because, probably, a lot of the high level players are fed up with the situation too and avoid the place till things are settled back to normal.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Heaven's tear is not a PK Server ...

I think it is the WORSE idea ever... b:angry

Jin your a nub, <3
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Jin your a nub, <3

I assume you're friends and besides the horns, this is (specifically the placement) one of the stupidest idea's PW has ever had.
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I assume you're friends and besides the horns, this is (specifically the placement) one of the stupidest idea's PW has ever had.

Omg, don't get me started on the horns. And Personally...... The free pk isn't a bad idea, it's just poorly executed. Can anyone here say that they've never poorly executed an idea? Everyone here is human, and to error is human.

Frankly, again, I have not been affected by the SP PK only due to the fact that no one wants to see my guild go ape **** and lag out the area by 200 players entering secret passage and attacking anyone who's in there.... either that, or i've been extrememly lucky. Lolz, not that I enter SP too often with my lv 91 bm.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yeah we're friends, factionmates, almost neighbors o:,

I'm not saying that this was a good placement at all for a PK thing.
    I like running through sp to do bh29 for a nub alt.... and there i go dying on my alt b:cry

Lets see
    Horns
    Packs
    Chests of Coins
    Rep sales
    Censor list
    Goon glitch
    Pk below 29
    WHY IS NO ONE QQING ABOUT RUBBERBANDING THAT MUCH ANYMORE.

I just was curious.
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This forced pk enabled SP zone..especially on pve servers..is totally wrong. I wont repeat the many reasons why that other guys have already stated over and over..personally it actually upsets me...pvp and pk is an anathema to me..i live and breathe for pve..but knowing that my lv 60 Mystic will likely not have a cat in **** chance of killing Silverfrost really kicks sand in my face. And yea..this affects the future not just now...any future expansions with new classes..whos going to bother making new classes knowing they cant complete their future culti?..this situation needs to be reversed...the vast majority of players feel this way im sure.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah we're friends, factionmates, almost neighbors o:,

I'm not saying that this was a good placement at all for a PK thing.
    I like running through sp to do bh29 for a nub alt.... and there i go dying on my alt b:cry

Lets see
    Horns
    Packs
    Chests of Coins
    Rep sales
    Censor list
    Goon glitch
    Pk below 29
    WHY IS NO ONE QQING ABOUT RUBBERBANDING THAT MUCH ANYMORE.

I just was curious.

Rubberbanding isn't as game breaking as all the others and the chest of coins i thought sold well for DQpoints, 500 per unless they changed it.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This forced pk enabled SP zone..especially on pve servers..is totally wrong. I wont repeat the many reasons why that other guys have already stated over and over..personally it actually upsets me...pvp and pk is an anathema to me..i live and breathe for pve..but knowing that my lv 60 Mystic will likely not have a cat in **** chance of killing Silverfrost really kicks sand in my face. And yea..this affects the future not just now...any future expansions with new classes..whos going to bother making new classes knowing they cant complete their future culti?..this situation needs to be reversed...the vast majority of players feel this way im sure.

If you haven't already done so please vote on the 2 polls. One is under General Discussion and the other is under the Suggestion Box. It should inform your opinions about how other players feel(trying not to influence the polls by saying what the stats are).b:thanks
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Rubberbanding isn't as game breaking as all the others and the chest of coins i thought sold well for DQpoints, 500 per unless they changed it.

Well, If you look at how gold went up. Is how I'm basing fails.

Gold = 80-100k
    +Hammers/Chests

Gold = 200k to break even on chests
    +Anni packs

Gold = 400k
    +moar packs

Gold = 800k
    +moar moar packs and rep sale

Gold = 1.2m
    +ubernewpacks+anniversary

Gold = 1.7m

I was being sarcastic about rubberbanding.... hence the caps
    Andddddd Chests didnt always sell for 500 DQ points.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Do we have to reach 100 pages to get any kind of response frankye b:angry?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We're already too late to stop people powerlevelling or skipping quests.

Lets just keep the PvP enabled plox, its fun.

Lol is that all u gotta say? see some pvpers r so stupid they just say "its fun" with no other reason or explenation that cud explain why is it fun to kill low lvl players trying to come up... se im in Dreamweaver as u can see and it is a PvE server and there is no positive reason that can support why this new SP should stay...

Lol some Pkers dont even think about why might it be a problem with enabling pk in such an area where low lvls and pve players go to complete their quests.. some pvpers think about themselves and that they are high lvl and do not care about those coming up because the dont give a *** anybodyelse but themselves..

wonder if it wud be fun for you to stealth pk you everytime u come into the area without u knowing what hit you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
This discussion has been closed.