Rank 8 / Rank 9 Recast?

Comments

• _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    You mean once it is recast? Or they are just bumping up the stats on rank 8?

After recast it moslty of the R8 weapons has better attacks than the vana ones, also you need the TT99-Lunar and 100-250Raptures to manufacture those, so R8 goes more cheaper.

If you reacst the R8 weapon the stats will change like happens when recast vana weapons.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • dranc
    dranc Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    You mean once it is recast? Or they are just bumping up the stats on rank 8?

Old rank 8 heavy BP has: 1493 physical resistance, and 640 on magic. The new one has 2176 and 931 right off the bat. Plus you can get 4 blue stats vs 3 on the old ones, which you can recast over and over as long as you have the new drops from the guild base dungeons.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if the rep sales where not here, THEN nirvy would be cheaper to get.

it is good couse, good gear is farmable for most classes, and you can recast it to make all stats fit your style and build.

new doors are opening, sucks for my nirvy armor set but, still its good for other players and i am happy for the non aps peaple, this is a great chance for them
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    can the rank 9 daggers get -int on it?
  • dranc
    edited September 2011
    can the rank 9 daggers get -int on it?

Only differences between the new rank 9 and the old rank 9 weapons are a bump up in base attack and an extra 10 attack levels.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    so rank 9 dagger 4APS sins will still be better then the new rank 8 daggers right? the only diffrence being that rank 8 will now be able to reach 5 APS unsparked, but in terms of damage it will still be the same right?

since rank 9 are getting more offensive boosts im assuming the rank 9 dags are still better.

buuut, i guess the new rank 8 dags a sin will now be able to litterally atk a boss and go AFK for 30 mins without ever having to touch the keyboard for a single button. no need to face roll keyboard as sin anymore. just left click target and go to sleep or somethingb:chuckle

its basically a easier mode for easy mode.
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh great, there goes any chance for those of us who dont want to be rank ****** to gear up. Already half way to my nirvana glaive..oh well i guess i'll still make it and if my alts ever get to 100 they can use it, even though by that time r12 will be out and anything that didnt cost 1000+ gold will be useless
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Do you have info on the GST cost for R9 recast?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    God dammit, and I just +10 my nirvana dagger, oh well will see how many ppl can get int on r8 b:surrender

They won't need interval to blow your Nirvana Barrier Thorns out of the water. 2.86 aps base Rank 8 with either GoF or 25 attack levels would do the job nicely. Probably even run competition with G15 Dark Death Thorns too (if you manage to get the interval plus GoF). And of course you'll only be spending a fraction of the money compared to Nirvana dags.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How does R8 Recasted Optimally compare to R9?

Just wondering if I should continue merchanting for R9.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How does R8 Recasted Optimally compare to R9?

Just wondering if I should continue merchanting for R9.

R8 daggers probably still wouldn't out damage Rank 9 since the latter is apparently getting a boost in damage also. But really... who in their right mind is going to spend 800+ gold for their Rank 9 when you can have 5 aps base PLUS God of Frenzy for a fraction of the cost... particularly with the spark chi-gain nerf also along the way (which will affect those with low aps the most) ?
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    i GUESS rank 8 reforge mats will be hard to get, and maybe some particular mats require a certain GH upgrade, meaning guild need to trade maybe.

also NV drops going to be better as i readed.

i wonder tho, will NV armor be changed ? i hope so otherwise i pretty much am screwed
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    R8 daggers probably still wouldn't out damage Rank 9 since the latter is apparently getting a boost in damage also. But really... who in their right mind is going to spend 800+ gold for their Rank 9 when you can have 5 aps base PLUS God of Frenzy for a fraction of the cost... particularly with the spark chi-gain nerf also along the way (which will affect those with low aps the most) ?

the same type of ppl that post in the "no rank 9 for EG" thread and are threatening to quit the game if they dont get rank 9 next patch, thats who.

there will always be someone who wants to be the very best they can be at this game purely to satisfy there ego.
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    the same type of ppl that post in the "no rank 9 for EG" thread and are threatening to quit the game if they dont get rank 9 next patch, thats who.

there will always be someone who wants to be the very best they can be at this game purely to satisfy there ego.

and from all posts writen by you, i come to one conclusion

your ego gets boosted when you bash on peaple who are either:

better
    richer
    more experienced

or just not happy with the services of PW

you CAN critisise peaple, but i onely see you point fingers and attach a label to it,

come with real arguments

and the EG peaple who gonna quit if rank 9 wont come, i feel for them 2.

i think you would be pretty upset 2 if i would hold a chocolate bar in front of you, and i wont give it to you just yet, you look around and all the cool kids are munching away from their own chocolate bar.

every week they walk around with their tasty chocolate bar and im still keeping yours in front of your nose for weeks,

what would you do? ask me nicely to give it, or would you walk away?

thought so,
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like how everyone posting here is just assuming that this will actually be implemented in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    im guessing the thoughts that
    1) the r8 armor you get from NPCs wont be any different than it is now
    2) the mats required to recast r8 into whatever new thing is coming out is in all likelyhood going to cost somewhere between 2nd cast nirvana and r9. 2nd cast nirvana pants will likely remain the optimal pants, since you can combine with helmet for 5 attack levels.
    3)to even gain access to these materials, your faction will be forced to buy a base
    hasnt crossed anyone's mind.
    ring engraving is probably a test of the rank reforging system.

PWI isnt about to open up a new set of endgame gear for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If they are going to make nirvana obsolete and tt Then how are they goig to act like it is a free to play game?
    Just another stab at farmers and free to play

Btw- so what do you do when a rank 9 +12 all psychic with god of frenzy on thier weapon come roling your way?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like how everyone posting here is just assuming that this will actually be implemented in PWI.

Well, why wouldn't it? Nirvana did, R9 did, fixing cancel casting glitch did, new Delta (been known for a while) did. It's a major change to the game content and those have, as far as I can remember, always been implemented here after.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, why wouldn't it? Nirvana did, R9 did, fixing cancel casting glitch did, new Delta (been known for a while) did. It's a major change to the game content and those have, as far as I can remember, always been implemented here after.
    We still don't have faction base PvP nor can the monuments be leveled as high as the CN version. FC is actually closed in CN but not here. The instance will be in an upcoming patch, but it doesn't mean you'll actually be able to enter it. At the very least, the mats will be difficult to get since you need several people in the faction farming for one person and they'll also probably be in a new pack like Nirvana mats. Don't expect the farming/cashshopping balance to change much just because of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Let's try this again.

How does R8 Archer Recasted Optimally compare to R9 Archer?

Just wondering if I should continue merchanting for R9 Archer.
  • dranc
    edited September 2011
    im guessing the thoughts that
    1) the r8 armor you get from NPCs wont be any different than it is now
    2) the mats required to recast r8 into whatever new thing is coming out is in all likelyhood going to cost somewhere between 2nd cast nirvana and r9. 2nd cast nirvana pants will likely remain the optimal pants, since you can combine with helmet for 5 attack levels.
    3)to even gain access to these materials, your faction will be forced to buy a base
    hasnt crossed anyone's mind.
    ring engraving is probably a test of the rank reforging system.

PWI isnt about to open up a new set of endgame gear for free.

Yes, the new guild base dungeon is not going to be a walk in the park. They allow 100 players in there for a reason. Oh, and you can only activate it three times per week. Rank 8 is easy to get here, new rank 8 won't be so easy.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    We still don't have faction base PvP nor can the monuments be leveled as high as the CN version. FC is actually closed in CN but not here. The instance will be in an upcoming patch, but it doesn't mean you'll actually be able to enter it. At the very least, the mats will be difficult to get since you need several people in the faction farming for one person and they'll also probably be in a new pack like Nirvana mats. Don't expect the farming/cashshopping balance to change much just because of this.

CN version has faction base PvP? From what I know FC isn't closed in CN but just hyper stones don't work in there. Nirvana started out as many people farming for one also. This being faction related, might just means less frequent runs than finding a random Nirvana squad on WC. I don't see it changing cs/farm balance, since if the mats are trade-able, csers can just buy them. I'm more worried about how many more stronger weapons my BM is going to have to tank in TW.

dranc wrote: »
    Yes, the new guild base dungeon is not going to be a walk in the park. They allow 100 players in there for a reason. Oh, and you can only activate it three times per week. Rank 8 is easy to get here, new rank 8 won't be so easy.
    They will be in packs. Mark my words.
  • dranc
    edited September 2011
    Let's try this again.

How does R8 Archer Recasted Optimally compare to R9 Archer?

Just wondering if I should continue merchanting for R9 Archer.

The basic attack for the new Rank 8 bow is:

physical attack: 1249-2293

Then you can recast and get four of the following: (sorry, I don't know the names of some of these in English)

These you can only get once (list 1):
    attack level 10 - 25
    defense level 10 -25
    critical attack 3% - 6%
    十方八阵
    requirement -25%
    碎灵池
    轰雷破

These you can have multiples (list 2):
    dex +8 - 20
    str +8 -20
    vit +8 - 20
    attack level 1 -5
    def level 1 - 5
    HP 120 - 300
    chi 200 - 400
    accuracy 10% - 50%
    crit 1% - 2%
    phy def. 150 -450
    mag def. 150 -450
    phy damage red. 1 - 5%
    mag damge red. 1 - 5%
    interval -0.05

The basic attack for the new Rank 9 bow is:

1282-2381

Plus you get 40 atk levl, 10-11 dex, interval -0.10, 205 hp and 碎灵池

The best attack level you can get from recasting the new rank 8 would be 40 as well: 25 from list 1 and 5 three times from list 2. But then you don't get the extra dex, interval, HP and 碎灵池 that come with the new rank 9 bow.

The new rank 9 is still better for archers?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWI has no say what we get from PW-CN and what we don't. We get everything they have 3 months later or so. Remember DQ NPC nerf to combat chinese botters? Did we have any say in that being implemented here too? The only thing different is the boutique sales and stuff you do with facebook and ****.

PW-CN never had faction base battle. They just now had their faciton bases level cap raised to 30.

Also why do people keep saying Hypers don't work in FCC in PW-CN? I find that hard to believe.

Back on topic...
    Is there any info on the GST cost to recasting R9?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Damn.. looks like an r8 interval GoF dagger is way better than r9 dagger if chi gain during spark is nerfed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. I wasted so much gold on r9 dags + 11 noooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOoooOOoOOO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • dranc
    edited September 2011
    PWI has no say what we get from PW-CN and what we don't. We get everything they have 3 months later or so. Remember DQ NPC nerf to combat chinese botters? Did we have any say in that being implemented here too? The only thing different is the boutique sales and stuff you do with facebook and ****.

PW-CN never had faction base battle. They just now had their faciton bases level cap raised to 30.

Also why do people keep saying Hypers don't work in FCC in PW-CN? I find that hard to believe.

Back on topic...
    Is there any info on the GST cost to recasting R9?

Don't know how many GST, just says "一定数量", or "a certain number of". But you do get to keep everything from the old rank 9.

Some other good news: the rewards for the 100+ bounty hunter have been upgraded. New rewards include 55 mysterious chip, 55 mirages, socket stones are back, 2 1M-coins cards instead of one, and 1 5M-coin card.

Also the old classes can now get wrist and boots but need to pay with wedding candies.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Damn.. looks like an r8 interval GoF dagger is way better than r9 dagger if chi gain during spark is nerfed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. I wasted so much gold on r9 dags + 11 noooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOoooOOoOOO

xD. Post of the day. You have plenty gold anyways.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Take into consideration that r8 can get -int + add ons but R9 will be able to have additional things as well. So not only will r8 daggers be better but r9 people will most likely be a lot stronger as well. b:chuckle

I really like this and I hope pwi gives this to us. Everyone keeps saying how r10 is going to come out soon but in all honesty this is basically the so called 'r10'. This will be a nice addition to those who have their r9 gear and will probably make the r8 gear become a bit better as well. b:chuckle

Another thing you are going to have to consider is that this is going to most likely be a lot of money. I can't give a good estimate as to how much. 1 GST = 5 gold. I believe they wouldn't make recasting so easy to get but again, I have no idea.

I really hope they bring this here. I am almost done farming my entire r9 and would really enjoy if they put this into the game. =)
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh! And on a side note! Watch pwi come out with all this and still not give us EG r9 b:chuckle
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Another thing you are going to have to consider is that this is going to most likely be a lot of money. I can't give a good estimate as to how much. 1 GST = 5 gold. I believe they wouldn't make recasting so easy to get but again, I have no idea.

If no one has r9 in china, why would they make it hard to recast? The point is to make them want to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]