Rank 8 / Rank 9 Recast?

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hanfknolle wrote: »
    Cause china got it it dont mean that PWI also will get it... they dont have to take all the same then chinese version

As a matter of fact, yes, we do.

The Devs tell PWE what to include in PWI here and what not to. If they tell the devs here to include this feature, they will.

However, seeing how we here have a large population of people with R9, not to mention R8, vs China with a huge population with R8, and a rather small population with R9, I doubt they want us to have it. At least, that's my hope.

China, apparently, is full of people who farm everything.

PWE is full of cash shoppers.

If they put Recasting into the Boutique, we would massively outpace the Chinese servers in recast R9 gear. Not that it really matters, but... In PWE vs PW-CN tourneys, it gives PWE an advantage, supposedly.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Ecatomb seems to have new pictures of this now.

Heavy

Light

Arcane

Just tweaked OHT armor, but it does look sexy b:dirty

sir its not sexy.. IT BE SMEXYb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • darknessaga
    darknessaga Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok i have a couple of questions, since bm can get only 1 of 4 weapons avalaible for R8, this new R8 gear means that u can get all 4 R8 weapons and recast them? also if u choosed already a weapon like the sword u won't be able to get new r8 fist or axes?, or u can turn ur r8 wep for any of the new ones, but only u have one? would be nice if someone can aswer this. thanks
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I prefer the original EG female armors compared to the recolored oht ones. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ok i have a couple of questions, since bm can get only 1 of 4 weapons avalaible for R8, this new R8 gear means that u can get all 4 R8 weapons and recast them? also if u choosed already a weapon like the sword u won't be able to get new r8 fist or axes?, or u can turn ur r8 wep for any of the new ones, but only u have one? would be nice if someone can aswer this. thanks

if you choosed a weapon already, you need to get back to 2nd grade remedial English class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lucretius - Dreamweaver
    Lucretius - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if you choosed a weapon already, you need to get back to 2nd grade remedial English class

Haha real funny. You know you're a brilliant cookie when you address spelling and grammar in a post on a game forum, designed to seek an answer unrelated to English class. Also, the context in which those errors occurred does not change the context of the question or answer. Furthermore, posting such things truly makes you a superior individual, so feel free to keep doing it. In addition, how do you know this person's primary language is English to properly assess them? Lastly, though contradictory to the position in which this message holds, thought I'd bust your bubble that is all :D
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Haha real funny. You know you're a brilliant cookie when you address spelling and grammar in a post on a game forum, designed to seek an answer unrelated to English class. Also, the context in which those errors occurred does not change the context of the question or answer. Furthermore, posting such things truly makes you a superior individual, so feel free to keep doing it. In addition, how do you know this person's primary language is English to properly assess them? Lastly, though contradictory to the position in which this message holds, thought I'd bust your bubble that is all :D

English r a hard thing b:angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Hey Luc, I rarely see you on here :3

b:bye
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    After reading this thread the Dragon Orb Sale for 4.5 Silver each orb make now perfectly sense. I guess you probably lose your refines and shards while recasting, or you have to spend a huge chunk of monney to keep them.

Whatever choice you make, pwi win big unless you keep your refines low until that stuff is live on our servers.
    I hate Room 38
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *smells yet another BM nerf* (horray)

Psychics on the other hand, we get black/white voodoo soulspheres. R9 for offense / black voodoo. When it's time to beat feet, switch to recast R8 sphere for that movement-purify proc / white voodoo. Sick. Not quite as cool as a GoF soulsphere though...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *smells yet another BM nerf* (horray)

Psychics on the other hand, we get black/white voodoo soulspheres. R9 for offense / black voodoo. When it's time to beat feet, switch to recast R8 sphere for that movement-purify proc / white voodoo. Sick. Not quite as cool as a GoF soulsphere though...

They're trying to get BMs to quit because the power of our HF is maximum.
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nice nice... So I could be 5.0 with my +10 r8 Daggers Nice .. nice nice nice... b:victory .. in fact, too nice..
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like how everyone posting here is just assuming that this will actually be implemented in PWI.

I like how you assume we wont.
    Notice how we get everything from CN a few months after it gets released there
    Notice how sp just got pk enabled and we only got told about it right as it happened
    b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011

in case anyone was looking for the definition of a hypocrite...
    also, your last sentence contains a preface, and a closing, but no point, though it looked like you wanted to shove a point in between "holds," and "thought", you apparently forgot.
    best of luck in your future endeavors into hypocrisy, bubble bursting and condescension =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lanova - Dreamweaver
    Lanova - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seems like another "addition" that would get people to spend money to sit around and do nothing. I sure as hell wouldn't buy raps if this arrived.

Right out of the palm of their hand...
  • So_Wet - Sanctuary
    So_Wet - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    haha this is win although i got lucky and +12 my nirvy daggers this is absoulute win time to +12 my r8 daggers and sit and wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hello World!
    Complete your First quest. July 30th 2009 b:victory
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    haha this is win although i got lucky and +12 my nirvy daggers this is absoulute win time to +12 my r8 daggers and sit and wait

you do know rank8 needs chienkuns to transfer only rank9 dont need chienkuns so in the end all thodse +10 rank8 are screwed
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2011

keep the orbs, refine after making them recasted o.o
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sooooo anyone get any other info on how the r9 is getting boosted vs r8?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Does anyone know if recasting r9 armor takes away the refines and shards? I would hope it is like nirvana where you can choose to keep refines/shards with no extra cost.

Not sure if it's been said already.

Also any word on how many summer tokens it will cost to recast one piece? My guess is 2 for armor and 7 for weapon b:avoid
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sooooo anyone get any other info on how the r9 is getting boosted vs r8?

For R9, attack damage boosted by a bit as well as adding to its basic stats (strength, dex, vit, etc...) from what I remember. Its really R8 that's getting the ungodly re-roll stats such as interval, GoF, attack levels, etc...
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LOL should we expect this for christmas b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear
    DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If I can get .05 on my R8 Daggers **** farming for R9 I'll just buy R8 daggers until I get that.
    BarbHammer - 95 - Retired

DaggerSin_ - 101 - Active
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you do know rank8 needs chienkuns to transfer only rank9 dont need chienkuns so in the end all thodse +10 rank8 are screwed

easy. . buy a new r8 weapon for 2m. . +10 isnt that much expensive now. . instead of using 400+ chienkuns. .
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Anyone who trolls the PW-CN forums knows the GST cost to recast R9 yet?
    I see a couple people there seem to have recast R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary
    Oz_vessalius - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    also do we know if the recast r9 will look any different? cos that recast r8 bow is dam sexy
  • Mad_Doc - Sanctuary
    Mad_Doc - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    <__< carry on. o/
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Noveriot - Heavens Tear
    Noveriot - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ok, I have a question...

Are there any like.. special adds that R8 armor will get? For example, will the chest be able to get another bit of -int? Or is it just purely the increased defenses and set bonuses?

If the chest is able to get another bit of -int, I'd be willing to spend the time to farm the rerolls....
  • Fusselina - Harshlands
    Fusselina - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would like to see by myself on chinese server how r8 and r9 recast looks like and I am downloading CN client, but ofc so far everything in chinese. Any idea how to get that game in english? thx