Rank 8 / Rank 9 Recast?

Comments

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Also why do people keep saying Hypers don't work in FCC in PW-CN? I find that hard to believe.
    This was a point of discussion a while back wsn't it? That players on PW-CN were amazed that we can activate hypers inside FCC here?
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If no one has r9 in china, why would they make it hard to recast? The point is to make them want to get it.

China makes money off of us though. I'm not saying it's going to more then what it cost to get the r9 gear but it most likely is not gonna be dirt cheap either. What is cool though is when you re-cast your r9 you do NOT lose your sockets, shards, or refines. I find that to be neat and very good :)

But also yea, I could see them making it like 6-8 GST. I mean it's not like it's really doing anything but adding on 1 bonus to gear and such. However I do wonder if r9 will need things like r8 will need. R8 gear requires the new guild base instance to farm one of the essential items for the gear. (you can do the base instance 3 times a week and a max of 100 people can enter)

If that is the case then I do not see r9 reforging to be a lot of GST because you will need other items (that must be farmed) instead of just the GST alone.
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    dranc wrote: »
    Old rank 8 heavy BP has: 1493 physical resistance, and 640 on magic. The new one has 2176 and 931 right off the bat. Plus you can get 4 blue stats vs 3 on the old ones, which you can recast over and over as long as you have the new drops from the guild base dungeons.

OK, something seems off here. By BP are you referring to Breast Plate, meaning Torso?

Current R8 HA
    Torso: 1812 Pdef 775 Mdef
    Pants: 1493 Pdef, 640 Mdef

Lunar NV / R9 HA
    Torso: 2092 Pdef 895 Mdef
    Pants: 1793 Pdef 770 Mdef

Any way you cut it, NV gets smoked by the new upgraded R8 stats. b:sad

I seriously hope that NV gear gets an upgrade, even something as simple as filling in the 3 and 4 piece set bonus.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    OK, something seems off here. By BP are you referring to Breast Plate, meaning Torso?

Current R8 HA
    Torso: 1812 Pdef 775 Mdef
    Pants: 1493 Pdef, 640 Mdef

Lunar NV HA
    Torso: 2092 Pdef 895 Mdef
    Pants: 1793 Pdef 770 Mdef

Any way you cut it, NV gets smoked by the new upgraded R8 stats. b:sad

I seriously hope that NV gear gets an upgrade, even something as simple as filling in the 3 and 4 piece set bonus.

Another thing that people have to take into consideration is the grade of gear. r8 will now be able to have all these very 'nice' upgrades but the gear will still refine as a grade 12 (though the starting stats on the r8 gear is as though it is g13.5 if you do the math) Will pwi make r8 gear g15 just like NV if you reforge them?

Another thing that we need to consider is set bonuses. With this expansion will they put in set bonuses with the armor? If they do not them in some aspects NV gear may still be be better.
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Now that's quite lame.

Not going to complain since I'm already a +12 R9 sin though.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hello mr 5.0 sage sin with GoF and 25% reduc from spark using frenzy and high str genie for tangling mire.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
    RealVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hello mr 5.0 sage sin with GoF and 25% reduc from spark using frenzy and high str genie for tangling mire.

When is this considered to be implemented? huge patch January?

*btw traz, I send pm's ingame for ur signature, Im just gonna bause ur siggy :P
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
  • Bloody_Evga - Sanctuary
    Bloody_Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a better question, when you reroll your weapon... do you lose all your refine and sockets.

that would be funny for people with r9+12 icebourne/josd b:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the more interesting question is if the chi nerf is going to be in effect no matter what spark you use or only 3rd spark?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yes, the new guild base dungeon is not going to be a walk in the park. They allow 100 players in there for a reason. Oh, and you can only activate it three times per week. Rank 8 is easy to get here, new rank 8 won't be so easy.

We've been told that the mats are tradable. Thus it being done only 3 times a week won't matter since you have hundreds of players in all the different factions with bases running this instance those three times. What really determines how easily available the new re-casted Rank 8 becomes depends on how the drops used for re-rolling are spawned. If drops come from only bosses then how do you reward the hundred people who helped to kill that boss ?

Split and sell ? b:laugh

In that case this new instance will be doomed to failure as no one in their right mind will run it (outside of the initial fun factor of course and even that will soon wear off as the complaints mount) if only guild leaders get first pick.

Now on the other hand if the drops come from the mobs themsleves within the dungeon, you'll soon find there will be a glut of mats on the market (similar to TT mats) where they will become dirt cheap... making everyone and their dog Rank 8 Gods. b:avoid
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    do You Reward The Hundred People Who Helped To Kill That Boss ?

Dkp..
    re
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dkp..

LOL... since I don't play WoW (or many other MMOs for that matter), I actually had to look that term up.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LOL... since I don't play WoW (or many other MMOs for that matter), I actually had to look that term up.

Is actually older than WoW.. was used in everquest raiding guilds.
    re
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:victory TY I could not for the life of me find info on the actual stat adds in the recast r9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a better question, when you reroll your weapon... do you lose all your refine and sockets.

that would be funny for people with r9+12 icebourne/josd b:chuckle

Recasting R9 will allow transfers for free I think.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • monkydluffy
    monkydluffy Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what about r8 fist stats, i wonder if they can have -interval too? some 1 can confirm that? if yes im going to stop farm Raps b:chuckle
  • dranc
    dranc Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what about r8 fist stats, i wonder if they can have -interval too? some 1 can confirm that? if yes im going to stop farm Raps b:chuckle

The selling point for the new Rank 8 weapons is that you can customized it by recasting until you get the stats you want.

I posted this earlier for the new Rank 8 bow, you can only have one stat from list 1, but you can have multiple stats from list 2, up to three.

These you can only get once (list 1):
    attack level 10 - 25
    defense level 10 -25
    critical attack 3% - 6%
    十方八阵
    requirement -25%
    碎灵池
    轰雷破

These you can have multiples (list 2):
    dex +8 - 20
    str +8 -20
    vit +8 - 20
    attack level 1 -5
    def level 1 - 5
    HP 120 - 300
    chi 200 - 400
    accuracy 10% - 50%
    crit 1% - 2%
    phy def. 150 -450
    mag def. 150 -450
    phy damage red. 1 - 5%
    mag damge red. 1 - 5%
    interval -0.05

As you can see, interval -0.05 is in list 2, so conceivably, you can have -0.05 three times if you are oh so lucky. This applies to all melee weapons, so even seeker will be able to get 5.0 with the new Rank 8 if they are lucky.

Also conceivably, you can have a dagger with God of Frenzy and a attack range of 8.5 meters. b:laugh
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The selling point for the new Rank 8 weapons

So what about the people that have current rank 8? They have to rebuy them? That does not sound right. I think all rank 8 will be the same, it will just be able to recast.

In addition if you have a .6 percent chance of getting -.05 int then your chances of getting it x 3 is almost non-existant.
  • monkydluffy
    edited September 2011

As you can see, interval -0.05 is in list 2, so conceivably, you can have -0.05 three times if you are oh so lucky. This applies to all melee weapons, so even seeker will be able to get 5.0 with the new Rank 8 if they are lucky.

Also conceivably, you can have a dagger with God of Frenzy and a attack range of 8.5 meters. b:laugh

ty for the info :D now im going to love more my r8 fist b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't think the original post stressed how the -interval stat had a 10 times lower chance than the rest of the stats. Here's how many rolls you need on average to X -.05 interval adds on recasted R8 vs G15 Nirvana.

Recasted G15 R8 Average Rerolls (.6211% chance)
    1 x -.05 interval between hits = 54 rerolls
    2 x -.05 interval between hits = 8,694 rerollls
    3 x -.05 interval between hits = 4,173,281 rerolls

G15 Nirvana Average Rerolls (5% chance)
    1 x -.05 interval between hits = 10.5 rerolls
    2 x -.05 interval between hits = 400 rerollls

Unless the cost to reroll R8 weapons is significantly cheaper than the cost to reroll G15 we shouldn't see a large increase in the chance to get g15 5.0 weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't think the original post stressed how the -interval stat had a 10 times lower chance than the rest of the stats. Here's how many rolls you need on average to X -.05 interval adds on recasted R8 vs G15 Nirvana.

Unless the cost to reroll R8 weapons is significantly cheaper than the cost to reroll G15 we shouldn't see a large increase in the chance to get g15 5.0 weapons.

What about magic weapons? I didn't find any info about them. What stats they have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkydluffy
    edited September 2011

b:sad what i do now? lol wait for r8 fist and try to get -int or make a g15 fist? b:surrender
    edited September 2011
    What about magic weapons? I didn't find any info about them. What stats they have?
    That was for dagger... I think this shows magic weapon stuff.
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/110907/10021315374892756.jpg

I can't do google translate but it looks like it has -3~10% channel unique stat and a -1~3% channel secondary stat.

So you could get 10% and 3x 3% channel. I think you can also get that hax purify spell unique stat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Ty. I also see on that picture -25% but I'm not sure if it is channeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuyton - Dreamweaver
    Kuyton - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    anything cool for r8 seeker weapon? im hoping it gets GoF like sins do
    edited September 2011
    Ty. I also see on that picture -25% but I'm not sure if it is channeling.

That's probably requirement -25%. The -3% ~10% is the channeling since it matches with the -1%~3% secondary stat.

It also seems to have 2 possible procs which are probably Purify Spell and Infinite (procs you see on Guild Base magic weaps and PWIC weaps).

It has that one secondary stat that is +10% ~ 50% and I am guessing that's evasion lol. The rest match up with the possible things on the dagger more or less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hattori_ - Archosaur
    Hattori_ - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how about finaly giving bm's r9 claws or fists.....
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hmm this just made gettin rank 8 for my bm alot more interesting. But then again..with such low odds for some of the nicer add ( like -int) im not sure yet, have to wait and see.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So do we get god of frenzy on rank 9 wizard gear?
  • Bloody_Evga - Sanctuary
    Bloody_Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wait what unique procs does magic weapon get?