If You Restat for Decide How Much Dex You Need to Leave

Comments

• ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/390f136ef099d693

that would be mine if I restated which would be dumb considering my sins build already. 8k more dps isn't worth refining all new gear and r8 weapon. This is the point I've been trying to make the whole time, especially if the sin isn't a main.

R9 +10 does 227,522. And that's without dots and the nirv helm for the extra 29 atk levels. Would be even more if I added it in :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011

R9 +10 does 227,522. And that's without dots and the nirv helm for the extra 29 atk levels. Would be even more if I added it in :O

Yeah you would be spending 1.5bil more then me for 35-40k more damage a second on a second or third tier alt.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited September 2011
    Yeah you would be spending 1.5bil more then me for 35-40k more damage a second on a second or third tier alt.

Not really, The weapon and ring is only like 850-900mil... And uhh, 40k is a ****** lot lol.

Well anyways, Barrier thorn is same cost as those claws. They do 162,507 without dots or nirv helm. Ijs.

Yes I understand what you're trying to say btw, if you're account stashing another chars gear for your sin, then do it, it doesn't gimp your sin too much, but to say it's equal to a dagger sin is quite silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Not really, The weapon and ring is only like 850-900mil... And uhh, 40k is a ****** lot lol.

Well anyways, Barrier thorn is same cost as those claws. They do 162,507 without dots or nirv helm. Ijs.

Yes I understand what you're trying to say btw, if you're account stashing another chars gear for your sin, then do it, it doesn't gimp your sin too much, but to say it's equal to a dagger sin is quite silly.

I didn't say it's equal. I said there wasn't much of a difference between your r8 +10 numbers and if some of my friends just throw a HA build on a sin. All I see is claw sins are so fail and horrible omg don't do it! Well for the "average r8 sin" it's 8k more damage so if claws are fail r8 +10 sins aren't much higher then fail....

Not to mention getting all new gear/shards/refines including r8 vs just slapping r8 on the sin.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited September 2011
    I didn't say it's equal. I said there wasn't much of a difference between your r8 +10 numbers and if some of my friends just throw a HA build on a sin. All I see is claw sins are so fail and horrible omg don't do it! Well for the "average r8 sin" it's 8k more damage so if claws are fail r8 +10 sins aren't much higher then fail....

Well here, I just noticed you had the barb phys atk buff on, I gave my G13 build sin dots and a nirv helm. Demon dagger devotion instead of level 10, and matched it in every single way compared to your claw sin with nirv claws. Only diff of course is the LA/HA thingy.

G13 with 24 dots, nirv helm, sage barb phys atk buff. And same refines/-int pieces/ shards.

G13 does 243,364 dps. 191k compared to 243k. See what I mean? Thats 52k dps youre losing. Tell me why the hell a sin would ever drop his dags to make a HA claw barb for "cheap farming alt"... when it's clear dags do more damage, almost always.

If you have a BM with it all finished and want more farming potential then do it to save coins, it's not that much worse than a dagger sin. But it is quite a bit worse when you compare the SAME builds (refines, shards, aps pieces). You keep throwing this other **** in that skews the numbers in favor of you, when the dagger sin could use the bonuses all the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Well here, I just noticed you had the barb phys atk buff on, I gave my G13 build sin dots and a nirv helm. Demon dagger devotion instead of level 10, and matched it in every single way compared to your claw sin with nirv claws. Only diff of course is the LA/HA thingy.

G13 with 24 dots, nirv helm, sage barb phys atk buff. And same refines/-int pieces/ shards.

G13 does 243,364 dps. 191k compared to 243k. See what I mean? Thats 52k dps youre losing. Tell me why the hell a sin would ever drop his dags to make a HA claw barb for "cheap farming alt"... when it's clear dags do more damage, almost always.

If you have a BM with it all finished and want more farming potential then do it to save coins, it's not that much worse than a dagger sin. But it is quite a bit worse when you compare the SAME builds (refines, shards, aps pieces). You keep throwing this other **** in that skews the numbers in favor of you, when the dagger sin could use the bonuses all the same.

Cool your G13s cost an extra 400m it should do a substantial bit more damage. The point of the build is about equal to r8 +10 with almost no cost as a comparison.

Sweet jebus the point was they were never dagger sins and their total cost (for mine as example) would be r8 + 4 DoTs.

8k more damage is from your numbers not mine. My sin if i put on r8 + 4 DoT would crush the damage on your average sin with nearly 0 cost compared to yours.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited September 2011
    Cool your G13s cost an extra 400m it should do a substantial bit more damage. The point of the build is about equal to r8 +10 with almost no cost as a comparison.

Sweet jebus the point was they were never dagger sins and their total cost (for mine as example) would be r8 + 4 DoTs.

8k more damage is from your numbers not mine. My sin if i put on r8 + 4 DoT would crush the damage on your average sin with nearly 0 cost compared to yours.

You're using G13 lunar nirvana in that last calc correct? How does my G13 cost 400mil more lol? Are G13's all of a sudden different prices than eachother? We have the same gear cost wise, same amount of aps gear on. Same gear just LA/HA is switched out.

And no my numbers show 38k more damage. Demon sins with a tome that is. And no because you're farming alt has the same amount of gear as mine. Remember the point of a claw sin is to get 5 aps quicker. You're using all aps gear in your builds and using chill due to the overkill in aps since you're using claws. Which negates any cost differential since you're using...the...same...damn...gear... -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    You're using G13 lunar nirvana in that last calc correct? How does my G13 cost 400mil more lol? Are G13's all of a sudden different prices than eachother? We have the same gear cost wise, same amount of aps gear on. Same gear just LA/HA is switched out.

And no my numbers show 38k more damage. Demon sins with a tome that is. And no because you're farming alt has the same amount of gear as mine. Remember the point of a claw sin is to get 5 aps quicker. You're using all aps gear in your builds and using chill due to the overkill in aps since you're using claws. Which negates any cost differential since you're using...the...same...damn...gear... -.-'

Because I already have claws +10 with 2 garnet gems....i can't just magically make those into G13 daggers to use for a sin, therefor I have to farm daggers refine them and shard them vs just using HA build and transferring these.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited September 2011
    I'll wrap this up for everyone so they all know.

With a claw sin, you attain 5 aps for about 300mil cheaper. (You no longer need the nirv pants, and Deicides are 180 mil cheaper than a Pan Gu).

This is cool, for a cheap farming alt. Unfortunately, using this build will cause you to deal 37k less damage per second compared to +10 R8 with a tome. Kindly look below me and see the comparisons.

Rank 8 +10 Sparked
    Demon no tome 125,380
    Sage no tome 94,129
    Demon w/ tome 152,662
    Sage w/ tome 109,154

Deicide +10 Sparked
    Demon no tome 115,835
    Sage no tome 115,835
    Demon w/ tome 118,602
    Sage w/ tome 118,602

So all in all, the conclusion to draw from all this is if you want a cheap farming alt that is less efficient than a dagger sin, make a claw sin. But don't be butt hurt when the G13 user gets picked over you for a nirv run, (assuming you use WC to find nirvs). Also, expect nirv/TT/FC runs to take longer, especially when running with other claw sins, the 37k damage per second adds up fast ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahla - Harshlands
    Nahla - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    5 APS with deicides is kind of like rounding up the length of your disco stick from 5->10.

It's lying, and makes people angry when they let you in (their squads).
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011

With a claw sin, you attain 5 aps for about 300mil cheaper. (You no longer need the nirv pants, and Deicides are 180 mil cheaper than a Pan Gu).

This is cool, for a cheap farming alt. Unfortunately, using this build will cause you to deal 37k less damage per second compared to +10 R8 with a tome. Kindly look below me and see the comparisons.

Rank 8 +10 Sparked
    Demon no tome 125,380
    Sage no tome 94,129
    Demon w/ tome 152,662
    Sage w/ tome 109,154

Deicide +10 Sparked
    Demon no tome 115,835
    Sage no tome 115,835
    Demon w/ tome 118,602
    Sage w/ tome 118,602

So all in all, the conclusion to draw from all this is if you want a cheap farming alt that is less efficient than a dagger sin, make a claw sin. But don't be butt hurt when the G13 user gets picked over you for a nirv run, (assuming you use WC to find nirvs). Also, expect nirv/TT/FC runs to take longer, especially when running with other claw sins, the 37k damage per second adds up fast ;)

The correct answer is do your own pwcalcs based on the gear you have vs gear you can afford and decide if it's worth the coin.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Rank 8 +10 Sparked
    Demon no tome 125,380
    Sage no tome 94,129
    Demon w/ tome 152,662
    Sage w/ tome 109,154

Deicide +10 Sparked
    Demon no tome 115,835
    Sage no tome 115,835
    Demon w/ tome 118,602
    Sage w/ tome 118,602

Thats a useful analysis.

Consider though that neither an R8 dagger nor a deicide is an end game weapon. When you outgrow it (if you choose to grow your sin) you can sell the deicide (maybe at a profit) but are stuck with an unused obsolete +10 dagger in your bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited September 2011
    Thats a useful analysis.

Consider though that neither an R8 dagger nor a deicide is an end game weapon. When you outgrow it (if you choose to grow your sin) you can sell the deicide (maybe at a profit) but are stuck with an unused obsolete +10 dagger in your bank.

But then again we run into the paradox of which is better? Not +10ing and saving the coin for better gear or +10ing to farm better gear faster. It's all relative. This is aimed at the R8 argument since Deicides are tradable, of course. And if you wanted the same effect as +10 deicides just leave the R8 at +6-7. Same damage output. More expensive, but assuming you're not recycling gear you should be using daggers and LA anyways.

Oh and if this is a cheap farming alt you wouldn't go past deicides anyways because how are you making money when you're dropping hundreds of mil into your HA claw sin when it's already 5 aps with a respectable dps as is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Absolute cheapest would be to use gear from something you already have, say, a barb or BM, and forget rep, rank, or anything else.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You've got Nirvana gear +10 that's bound on your Barb that now has R9, why not put htat on a farming sin and use it? Borrow some Nirvana fists from your BM. Oh wait. HA Sin is fail. Sorry. My bad.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sarra you're the dumbest person ive ever met and all your posts ever seem to be are butthurt rants. Shut up and read the thread first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't have another melee alt, so stash is not happening.

You can see my other thread, I decided to go with deicides and am having mixed feeling thus far.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011

This is a horrible analysis...

You disregard any influence of time on value, don't dissociate the weapon and the refines as seperate investments and totally oversee the the primary purpose of the character.

In case of a cheap farming sin, both can be considered "endgame". And even if you decide to grow the sin, you have to take into account the number of months you use the weapon and refines on. That is why you have to dissociate the refines as investment : A rational person wouldn't refine to +10 a weapon he will get rid off fast anyway, unless he estimates that the investment gives an advantage during the using time that is more important then the cost.

Your "don't spend money on anything you will outgrow and can't resell" is doesn't make any sence. You just have to take the end value into consideration, doesn't mean by default it's not worth it. Investments are necessary to grow.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thats a useful analysis.

I have 5.3k HP, +3 r8 daggers with 2 perfects garnets, 2.5/3.33 aps, 3.4k Phys def and 3.2k mag def unbuffed. I can tank a clericless nirvana run.
    You dare call r8 non-endgame?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • rgog
    edited September 2011
    I agree that R8 dagger with +5 refine could be considered endgame, the damage is pretty impressive and going for the aps dagger is a staggering cost.
    edited September 2011
    I have 5.3k HP, +3 r8 daggers with 2 perfects garnets, 2.5/3.33 aps, 3.4k Phys def and 3.2k mag def unbuffed. I can tank a clericless nirvana run.
    You dare call r8 non-endgame?

No you aren't end-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Fist/claw sin? b:bye pfff
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    No you aren't end-game.

Define end-game.
    Also learn to read. I didn't say I was endgame, I implied that r8 can be called endgame. b:bye
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • rgog
    edited September 2011
    I agree, endgame is a matter of perspective. It simply means equiptment that you will use all the way until you quit playing.

Since R8 armour and dagger are such a good value I can see them being endgame for most people that don't cash shop (or do so minimally) or that maintain a life/job outside of PWI
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    I agree, endgame is a matter of perspective. It simply means equiptment that you will use all the way until you quit playing.

Since R8 armour and dagger are such a good value I can see them being endgame for most people that don't cash shop (or do so minimally) or that maintain a life/job outside of PWI
    Well said bro~
    ~Spazz~
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    No you aren't end-game.

You seem to imply that everyone must aim for r9 or 2nd cast vana, or in other words, the best gear available. It might be hard for someone like you to imagen that not everyone plays a game with the objective of becoming the absolute best. You shouldn't look down on casual/not cashshopping/relaxed players that don't have the absolute best gear, and have no intention of getting so. I know many players that are absolutely satisfied with r8.

And yes, the simple fact you don't qualify a sin with r8 as "end-game" means you put them in some lower category.
    edited September 2011
    Define end-game.
    Also learn to read. I didn't say I was endgame, I implied that r8 can be called endgame. b:bye

Only an idiot would say something like that (note I am making a statement about idiots in general and not talking about you, learn to read).

You're on Santuary so if you want to see an example of an end-game sin look at MrsSaxwell, Firesinz, Stubborn_, Myskana, RealVonDutch, etc. There are hundreds to choose from that are a full tier above you.

They are end game, you are not.

And yes, the simple fact you don't qualify a sin with r8 as "end-game" means you put them in some lower category.

They are in a lower category.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rgog
    edited September 2011
    I know many players that are absolutely satisfied with r8.

Me too and I have come across good, fun players that don't even aspire to get R8, they are happy with 3 star equip. and they just play a couple of hours a week to chat with friends and relax. This is endgame for them.....
    edited September 2011
    If you are satisfied with TT90 does that make TT90 an end game weapon?

I certainly wouldn't put a +10 refine on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rgog
    edited September 2011
    Asterelle since you don't ever win this game, endgame is whatever an individual chooses it to be.

I agree it is not very nice to look down on people that have less than you, just like in RL it makes you a shallow (probably someone that possesses low self-esteem) person.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    rgog wrote: »
    Asterelle since you don't ever win this game, endgame is whatever an individual chooses it to be.

+1

The elitist snobism (at least, that is what I think of it) displayed on wc and often on these forum, tries to push everyone into a mold of what your character must be like. Comming from a person like Asterelle, who, if I recall right, blamed the new devs for taking away versality in builds, I find this particularly shocking.

Aiming for r9 and 2nd cast vana with +10 refines and g12+ shards as an individual, and thinking everyone should aim for that kind of gear, are 2 completely different things.